It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy conclusion: We are alone!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Celestial Encounters

I agree and hezekiah's comment was interesting and makes sense too.

Here's a question though. Maybe there are other Earth's out there. Others just like ours. What if Aliens are just failed human beings? I've always felt being human and humanity is a test. Ever since the dawn of man we have been tested, i.e. like the Bible says. God or whatever/whoever has been creating human beings for a long time seeing if we will learn to love or learn to hate. This aspect of life makes me believe in reincarnation to some extent. Or maybe were are all "god" ourselves but keep killing ourselves by polluting our spirituality, our physical world etc. We never seem to "get it" right. So in the end we will eventually be aliens, sickly looking, feeble, toxi things traveling the universe in our advanced technology, miserable, kicking ourselves for not "getting it" right when we had the chance.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sinister_scarecrow

Thanks and I'd be interested in hearing the parts you don't agree with. I'm always learning and a lot of this learning comes from other's opinons and beliefs.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by UFOexisist

All about opinions mate ,and to be honest you can keep yours!
Everyone to their own and all that,but I know what I believe
and what I`ve seen!

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
"If Aliens exist NASA would have found it"

This thread is pathetic. I can't believe I am witnessing this on ATS.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by UFOexisist

* If the US goverment is hiding it what about other governments of the world? China, Russia, Brasil, Germany, French, India, Pakistan, Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Italy more than 202 countries what about them?It is impossible that none of them releases info about ET's.
* If they existed then NASA would have found it. But still they didnt find it.
* If you saying the impossible, that Nasa is not telling the truth, then what about other space agencies around the world. European Space Agencies, Russian, Chinese, Indian and other. It is impossible that they are also not telling the truth.

Oh i feel so sorry for you, your still asleep dude. Wake up and educate yourself.

The reason why other governments and space agency's don't disclose is because THEIR ALL RUN BUY THE SAME PEOPLE.

Go and watch some david icke lectures and you might understand.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
if there are any abductees on this forum, i urge you to speak up now. the fact that this thread is being flagged left and right is downright sad. this is disinfo to the fullest

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Either you are arrogant, naive, or just plain bad at mathematics but the point remains that statistically it would be impossible to say that we are alone in the universe. It is far too big a place and the "stuff of life" floats endlessly in clouds of dark gas and illuminated nebula (the start of a solar system). I'm not going to explain. I will leave it up to the late great Carl Sagan to explain why there must be life elsewhere.

Now imagine a species on a distant planet that at our point in technology and our current point in science. Now imagine a race that had 1000 years on top of that. There are more stars than anyone can possibly conceive. It would be just plain stupid to believe that only the earth is possible of making such a magnificent creature. (us. I know magnificent is not a great word but we are intelligent therefore magnificent.)

[edit on 18-4-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by iTruth
if there are any abductees on this forum, i urge you to speak up now. the fact that this thread is being flagged left and right is downright sad. this is disinfo to the fullest

I flagged it because I'm fairly new to the forum and think this will spur a really interesting discussion. I could go back and use the search engine and dig up other old threads discussing the same topics but I like the fresh ideas and opinions and I'm sure there are new members that have joined recently that can provide their own insight. That's why I get annoyed when topics pop up that have been discussed lots of times. So what? New member and fresh ideas exist everyday.

I tihnk the more pathetic the OPer's argument is the more heatd and intneresting this thread will become.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

The waste of a human is compost and therefor symbiotic with it's environment. It's natural.

Greed and the Quest for 'power' are the very causes for the destruction of the planet.

As to why, shouldn't be found in a dream.

We were gifted with sight though somehow, somewhere, man has been taught to wear blinders unto his own identity and that of another.

I find this interesting and sad.

These 'traits' are Not that of Nobility.

They are not be followed?

We have always had a choice.

Freedom of will happens all day in the 'forest'.

Freedom of cause is irreparable?

Peace and cooperation makes good sense does it not?

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
Either you are arrogant, naive, or just plain bad at mathematics but the point remains that statistically it would be impossible to say that we are alone in the universe. It is far too big a place and the "stuff of life" floats endlessly in clouds of dark gas and illuminated nebula (the start of a solar system). I'm not going to explain. I will leave it up to the late great Carl Sagan to explain why there must be life elsewhere.

Now imagine a species on a distant planet that at our point in technology and our current point in science. Now imagine a race that had 1000 years on top of that. There are more stars than anyone can possibly conceive. It would be just plain stupid to believe that only the earth is possible of making such a magnificent creature. (us. I know magnificent is not a great word but we are intelligent therefore magnificent.)

[edit on 18-4-2009 by DaMod]

You only know human beings to exist as they are here and now. In my opinion I don't think we are all that magnificient. Like I said my theory is we used to be magnificient. But now? Hell now we are far from magnificient overall. Yes there are many humans that still are magnificient (that term gives us too much credit) in some ways and some that are very intelligent. But "spiritually" and on a consciousness level, we are pretty uninspiring. Hence why I don't really care how advanced alien technology is........I'm amazed at the Earth that surrounds me. I mean I'd rather climb Mt. Everest or backpack through the Sierras or travel down the Amazon than fly around in a little metallic saucer at breakneck speed! I'd rather live like a Native American than a 21st century corporate slave. Thik about how pathetic our lives are nowadays. When was the last time you really felt alive? I don't feel alive travelling to work in my car, typing on a computer, or playing a Wii. I feel alive when I've thrown 60lbs on my back, crossed a swift moving stream after having just seen a black bear and her baby cub two miles back! Hell I feel more alive pounding out a set of bicep curls in the gym than I do living like your average brainwashed technology addict in the 21st century. Don't get me wrong I'll crank up my AC in the summer time and throw my dishes in the dishwasher but I'll be the first to admit and argue that I could in fact live without these comforts and be perfectly happy.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I can't believe this thread is still going.
IMHO the OP is not discussing opinions, he/ she is forcing them.

It's always more easy to be alone

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by iTruth

Are the "non-abductees" allowed their opinions too?

Or does the threat to your non-proven beliefs disallow them to stand on their own?

Seems this thread has got a few peoples backs up, some of the comments are showing that.

Human gullibility, lies, disinformation, hallucination, imagination and insecurity is PROVEN.

Extraterrestrials are NOT, and humans have a terrible track record for being "alone" don't they?

Where's the logic to it except in creating something to ease a possible fear of the reality?

There again...humanity and logic don't go hand in hand so much eh? The ego and "wish" factor usually do the controlling.

Do they exist...don't they exist....

Maybe.

This reminds me of those wonderful atheist advertisements on the buses recently.

"There probably is no E.T...now stop worrying and enjoy your life"

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I think Timothy Good pretty much, well for me at least, already explained the impracticability of some ways of thinking, the notion as he once said his book Above top Secret, of finding evidence. People think that because they have not seen physical evidence it cannot exist.

Has anyone here ever seen advanced military aircraft fly let alone crash? We know there have been accidents and crashes have occurred, but who here has recovered bodies or parts of the craft to prove their existence to those here on the forum? As it stands, even in commercial flight the numbers that crash are very very few, only one in every million flights that take off go wrong, it currently is one of the safest forms of transportation , I would say very few, unless of course that is your occupation, has stumbled upon wreckage of those few that do.

Say military or alien technology has only the same level of safety as this, that just like commercial craft only one in a million crash (something i think unlikely considering the reliability of up to date private vehicles is going to be far greater than dated public ones simply due to the fact they are engineered with advanced modern research and have pilots with advanced training and experience) they still would have recognisably similar protocols surely to what we know, that is receiving some sort of black box technology to discover the cause of crash, maybe recover precious technologies of a sensitive nature, and get survivors if any. The earth is a very large place, and as a normal man there are lots we can never know that goes on, not every man is capable of using a toaster let alone building one. do not pretend you know the secrets of any advanced field less you have years of research behind you and experience of argument.

Just because you cant see electricity doesn't mean it isn't there, a few hundred years ago it existed, just because we couldn't tap the resource does not mean even if people were ignorant to its existence at that time that it wasn't there.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
there are things few can explain, this is an immense topic, don't read wikipedia and come on here and think you have the right to bastardise legitimate research

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
ask any abductee about metallic implants, the three dotted triangles always on the left side of body, this is very real for us and that to me constitutes physical evidence, broaden your horizons and conduct a serious investigation without the intent to disprove you will be shocked at what you find

what so many people have gone through, been ridiculed for, and not once validated by governments as a very concerning reality.. somebody can dismiss this phenomena as non-extra terrestrial.. that, to me is very sad.

I know what I experienced, I don't know what it is like being a "non-abductee" so forgive me if I take it for granted that these beings (greys) exist.. this is understandable i guess i set my hopes too high when i found this place. we are still in transition.

god bless.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
i think you need to do more research. Its as if youve done some research and found evidence to support black projects and then jumped to the conclusion that ET'sdont exist. There is countless evidence of a nasa coverup and there is no way at all that we could have this technology in the second world war when these things were reported all over the place. Also there are very convincing photographs of flying saucers dating back to the late 1800's. Also all the drawings of fling saucers in places like egypt, aztec and ancient caves and their religious beliefs of gods coming down from the heavans all point to the idea that theyve been here for a long long time.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

What is that post? It is not because there are no ETs coming on earth that we are alone in the universe. Why wouldnt others countries talk about aliens reality? We can bring the question that they could be manipulated or in the same team, who knows. OR they all know that disclosure will only bring chaos on earth and so they shut up.

Your conclusion that there is no extraterrestrial outside is totally messed up.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdm2104
I can understand the points you make, however....

"absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"

I also understand the reasoning behind your quote, however....

Absence of evidence is not evidence of anything (either).

- Strype

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by warriorsofmew

Does Research need to suggest that it should be wiser for one to 'boil the frog' slowly (concept) till they no longer feel the pain of their chain?

My question is this; what has a Man to gain if he is stare blankly at a Ship of Fools heading for the falls.

To what purpose would a man treat their Brethren in this capacity and to what purpose is it just?

Has there ever been an 'emperor' or other 'titled' authority figure of which has outlived himself?

Is the emperor time and again shown to have no clothes.

In time, does not Truth Bear All?

It's as if one chose to turn back the clock on their own development.

If a sys-tem doesn't work.

It wasn't 'meant' to.

Why are those afraid of 'discovering' the truth?

Would they be re-defined by themselves as well as by their neighbor?

Is one to hide from oneself?

Who is fooling who?

Was either 'party' satisfied in the End.

When one passes, what do they 'leave' behind.

I suppose this is what is meant by Eternity.

Eternal truth is just that.

It doesn't change with the elements of Nature.

It harvests it and feeds the Soul of the people.

When you hear it, it rings clear as a Bell.

There is no need for 'interpretation'.

Is there a 'need' for an organ-iz-nation?

I have bread if you have wine?

I don't even think a 'sacrifice' is even necessary.

That would defeat the 'purpose'.

Our lives are as that of the ant, quite temporal.

Our 'being' is led by something else.

Something deep inside that screams Justice!

Who's justice?

If something isn't right.

Right it.

Just because it's Right?

_____.

Is it time to 'fill' in the blank?

Free-will is 'from' out of this world.

Doesn't have to be.

I don't know about you, but I like to stay where it's warm.

The Jungle sounds more interesting.

But that's just me.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

We are alone? Based on your points?

No we are NOT alone. And to state that we are alone is a pure insult for all the witnesses who ever came forward.

Think of it like this: Humans are not all so knowledgeable nor civilized. In fact one could comparis us with little childeren. For example: do you tell a 3 year old all about s*x? No, you do that when the time is right for them to tell.

Humanity is slowly growing towards being a teenager now .....

Do you really think Aliens would reveal everything of themselves when most people on this Globe are not ready toi know yet? No, I don't think so.

We are being educated on Aliens in many different ways. But we miss the over-all view. Let's give it some more time. Hard eveidence will come soon enough.

What would be the right evidence for you????

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join