It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

57% Want America To Take Military Action Against North Korea

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I would prefer to deny ignorance and ignore this thread... however, I have to say I DONT THINK SO!

Just as the STUPID Neilson family places extremely horrific 'programs' on the TV agenda, stuff I would NEVER subject my family to, I think the World needs to know that these types of reports are BOGUS!!!

I am sick and tired of being labeled with the most ignorat apes in this potentially beautiful country.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

‘When you got um by the testicles, their hearts and minds will follow.’ After an Army Sergeant was hacked to death with an crude hand hatchet because Carter thought we ‘baby killing Americans’ could not be trusted with ammo while humping the 38th, I have a simple cure for North Korea; nuke um until they glow in the dark (just use those Neutron bombs Carter tried to get rid of). To hell with what the world thinks too as next, I’d kick the UN across the ocean to France; they deserve that collection of bloviating fools. NEXT, I’d turn most of the nations around Israel into parking lots, as our President might not think we are at war with Islam, but Islam sure as heck is at war with us; since the President of Iran thinks he’ll bring in the Arab Messiah with a nuke attack, give him one from America with all kinds of love. How are these suggestions for all the politically correct out there?

Hey, does that make me one of the 57%? “Peace through superior fire power”

[edit on 4/7/2009 by SGTChas]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
reply to post by Fox News

Listen, I realize you are just trying to bait people. You said Iraq was a success and that's so far from the truth that it's hard to take seriously. I apologize if I offended you, but I hope that most Americans do not think like you do.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

He stated his opinion which no less valid than yours. That is not baiting. Unless of course you are absolutely convinced of your own infallibility

Simply because you don't think it was a success does not mean that other people in the world would agree with you. You may converse at home or even here in these threads with like minded people who will support your opinion but that does not make it the whole truth.

There is always differing views and perspectives. I know it's hard to fathom that somebody can actually have a different opinion than yours that may be valid.

So lets all just start with the personal attacks instead of discussing the issue in the original post.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SGTChas
reply to post by JanusFIN

‘When you got um by the testicles, their hearts and minds will follow.’ After an Army Sergeant was hacked to death with an crude hand hatchet because Carter thought we ‘baby killing Americans’ could not be trusted with ammo while humping the 38th, I have a simple cure for North Korea; nuke um until they glow in the dark (just use those Neutron bombs Carter tried to get rid of). To hell what the world thinks too as next, I’d kick the UN across the ocean to France; they deserve that collection of bloviating fools. NEXT, I’d turn most of the nations around Israel into parking lots, as our President might not think we are at war with Islam, but Islam sure as heck is at war with us; since the President of Iran thinks he’ll bring in the Arab Messiah with a nuke attack, give him one from America with all kinds of love. How are these suggestions for all the politically correct out there?

I'm sure if we kill a billion people - 99.9% innocent, the rest of the world would be happy and enjoy their nuclear fallout. It wouldn't start WWIII, after all the rest of the world wants to have a country around that will nuke them whenever they get frustrated with a few cave dwelling idiots living there.

How dare anyone not want to be controlled by America. I mean we would love it if China set up bases all over our country and sold our resources to their national industry.

I'm sure if China, or Russia demanded that we give them all our nukes and destroy all our long range missiles we would gladly oblige after all, we trust them, we will never need to defend ourselves.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Fox News

First... you seem pretty unbiased in your views... so I really have to ask...

WHY for the love of debates did you name yourself Fox News?! I almost ignored everything you posted on the assumption that anything tagged with "fox news" can't possibly be worth reading.

Aside from that.
Yes, there are cases in which war is necessary, but we should never exercise the military muscle until all diplomatic options are exhausted.

If there's a shred of hope in solving a problem diplomatically, I say we should always try it.

It seems in recent times, diplomacy is long forgotten in the western world.
Rather than agreeing to talk with the countries we're suspicious of, we continue to lock them down, spread propaganda, and directly threaten them with military action.

With that said, has anyone from the US government actually contacted Kim Jong Il and attempted to discuss disarmament? Or has the US merely stuck with threats and trade locks?

I mean, we hope for the sake of rationality that it's safe to assume our leaders have already exhausted their attempts at diplomacy...
... but I haven't heard of any attempts being made yet.

All I've heard of is threats of military action, threats of trade locks, etc.

I mean, correct me if I'm wrong here, but we do live in the civilized world do we not?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
t doesn't matter who voted what, how many are voting or being polled, the 1000 people they polled are probably the US congress and business leaders anyway.
Its a fact that the US Government IGNORES the people anyway, so they probably polled those with the most influence , I bet they weren't even the average person on the street. Just the ones that would profit from another war.
Expect it soon then I imagine.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
All countrys that were against this and N. Korea does it anyway.That would be suicide they would have to know they were against impossible odds. This is what "David Icke" calls Problem, Reaction ,Solution. Just another story with a hidden agenda.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Sorry to burst your bubble as well, the Iraq war is not a success, by any measure of the imagination. Just like some people have the opinion that reptilians rule the world, that doesn't make it true.

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Unless of course you are absolutely convinced of your own infallibility

Oh, do you mean like you and Fox are? I guess no one can be infallible except you two. That's fine.

But, hey, don't worry about the nukes being stolen in your own backyard, make up some excuse to go and attack NK, I don't really care since it's not going to happen anyway.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by TheComte]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fox News

Look at Saddam, is the world better off now that his regime no longer is a threat? Yes or No? Same goes for the taliban, and various other organized terrorists camps.

Errm is it just me or wasn't Saddam only a threat to his own people and others in the immediate region of Iraq (Kuwait and Iran) - I know we went to war over WMD that was supposed to be a threat as well as Saddam's apparent involvement with Al Quada but both of them have been proven to be false. I will not mention the fact that this 'threat' was also massively backed, funded and armed by the US in the past - including allowing the provision of chemical weapons.

Let's see: The Taleban - aren't they the ones that are still in control of massive parts of Afghanistan; a country where the lives and rights of women etc are still as bad as ever. This is the place that now needs a 'push' of additional troops plus a spreading war into Pakistan - supposedly an Allied nation?

Yup - definitely better.

Facts to consider:

You can't win a war from the air alone

They have a 1.2 M man army

The US may be capable of 'blitzkrieg' style action within a flat, desert country but warfare in the Korean peninsular in the past has been shown to be a slow, dirty affair.

When 'won' there will be as big a humanitarian problem as Iraq but this time there is no massive oil deposits to encourage Halliburton etc into the country - just a very poor, deluded nation that will have been bombed within an inch of their lives.

All this for a crazy, badly built tin can missile that could possible hit Alaska at a push...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Simply because you don't think it was a success does not mean that other people in the world would agree with you.

Actually about 60-70% of the United States would agree with him in not supporting the Iraq War:
www.washingtonpost.com...

Looks like your a little lonely there fella.

So lets all just start with the personal attacks instead of discussing the issue in the original post.

Well we're trying to here.... but see the thing is:

Certain people keep dodging the fact that N. Korea is well within it's international rights to test ballistic missiles, by referring to N. Korea's human rights violations as some sort of excuse for the blatant, fear-mongering international pressure being applied on them.

Nevermind the fact of course, the UN has no jurisdiction here.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

Sorry to burst your bubble as well, the Iraq war is not a success, by any measure of the imagination. Just like some people have the opinion that reptilians rule the world, that doesn't make it true.

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Unless of course you are absolutely convinced of your own infallibility

Saddam is gone. The Iraqis have their new government and the US will be pulling out.

Success.

Now if you want to talk about Muslim on Muslim violence which Saddam would have crushed with overwhelming brute force or the fact that they now have to deal with real life issues out in the open again now in a free country not worrying about Saddam's thugs carting them off to never never land.

And probably for the first time in their recent history the people of Iraq are able to protest in the streets, YES they want the US to leave, which is a good thing at least they are able to demonstrate now what they want AGAIN without worrying about being carted off to the nether.

So when you see arguing and fighting over real issues then yes.

FAILURE.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira

Nevermind the fact of course, the UN has no jurisdiction here.

Ok Forget the UN.

The CHINESE, Russians, South Koreans and the Japanese want him to knock it off. remember they were also the ones who pushed for the UN resolutions.

Let's talk about North Korea not being a good neighbor.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

And this violates the Geneva "International Neighbourly Conventions" of 1912 does it?

You just don't get it do you?

Just because you hate someone so intensely because of their way of living or doing things, does not entitle you to go and kill them.

N. Korea IS a bad seed. I am aware of this, I wasn't born yesterday.
Kim Jong-Il is a pathetic nutcase, to state the very obvious.

But... to disregard the carefully constructed principles of right to self-determination and freedom of expression, we in the Western world pride ourselves upon, just because someone is making us a little ticked off, means WE loose. Not North Korea.

If you're going to stop believing in democracy, due process, beyond a reasonable doubt, and all the constitutional freedoms you take for granted everytime you run into a bad seed, you might as well do away with the Constitution.

You fight not only to protect yourself, but to protect your values.

You can't pretend to stand for freedom one moment and then take a dump on the constitution the next, and demand someone abide by your rules whether they agree to them or consider them fair.

[edit on 7/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
then 57% of americans just might be brainwashed idiots. good lord.

but perpetual war is good eh? feeds that voracious monster the MIC all the blood it needs.

Related: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 7-4-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira

And this violates the Geneva "International Neighbourly Conventions" of 1912 does it?

You just don't get it do you?

Just because you hate someone so intensely because of their way of living or doing things, does not entitle you to go and kill them.

There you go again

Putting your opinion into my mouth.
Nobody has said anything about killing
Man talk about the need for reading comprehension.

Nobody said anything about hating them either. I think it's your hatred for the US that is fogging the issue.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
If this poll is true, and that's a big if, then to those Americans who who want military action and voted for Obama I say:

"If that's what you want, then you shouldn't have voted for an administration that will insist on talking and making concessions, even in the face of certain war."

Kim Jong-Il is a mad-man and a liar. He's already been proven a liar and dishonorable by breaking the nuclear proliferation treaty. I'd love to see Obama try to reason with him AND make it stick.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by sos37]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
dumbs .............. shameful

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
If everyone was informed on our Military, they wouldn't be worried about N Korea's rocket launches. Our Navy goes in full force to monitor these launches, there have been many others, and we will blast that baby out of the sky if it is necessary. Give um some credit

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Very good point open negotiations would solve this problem straight out.
But little Kimmy only wants to deal with the US. Americas stance has been and most likely will remain that any negotiations would involve the Chinese, Russians, South Korea, Japan and the US.

Kimmy does not want the other parties involved. The US has 0 power to negotiate for the other members of the talks so it becomes a mute issue.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by PammyK

If everyone was informed on our Military, they wouldn't be worried about N Korea's rocket launches.

You're right.

Instead they'd start playing armchair generals and demanding military action on N. Korea and calling for more conflicts to erupt... like the detached, delusional souls they are that have never even come close to experienced the hardships they are so willing to impose on other people.

and we will blast that baby out of the sky if it is necessary.

Seriously, is some people's only reaction to every international event just "Duhhh... blow it up!"

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join