It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

57% Want America To Take Military Action Against North Korea

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira

Or have you forgotten your country had a Congressional Debate as to whether the Geneva Conventions applied to it's actions in detaining captured combatants?

Irrelevant.

Stay focused
KOREA

reply to post by SLAYER69

North Korea's "Isolation" Is self imposed.

Irrelevant.

No it does matter, just not to you and also means you have no response.

They don't recognise the NPT nor the Security Council Resolution.

So they stay Isolated from the rest of the world!
Again self imposed.

And no one says they have to listen to a particularly hypocritical and biased organisation such as the UN, as I mentioned previously.
How is N. Korea violating anything?

Well
If they pull out of already signed international agreements first then violate those agreements then I guess that makes it ok.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Well
If they pull out of already signed international agreements first then violate those agreements then I guess that makes it ok.

Hallelujah. A break-through.

How can you violate something you're not a part of? Your logic is seriously delusional.

It's like saying, "I failed to abide by the High School's rules, after I left the school."

I guess by that same logic America is violating the Kyoto Treaty, by producing more than it's allocated share of carbon emissions, even though it hasn't ratified it?

Funny how this "honour-system" code of law only applies to N. Korea by you... Everyone else is just exempt.

[edit on 6/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Well

Hallelujah. A break-through.

How can you violate something you're not a part of? Your logic is seriously delusional.

It's like saying, "I failed to abide by the High School's rules, after I left the school."

Well that is pretty simple minded thinking.

I dont like your rules so I'll ignore them so I wont have to abide by them.

Remember these are not my rules. Nor the US rules. These are internationally agreed upon rules.

Simple as that.

I don't know which world you descend from, but here, to be bound by a legal document you must have stated your intent to adhere to it and that is usually done in writing.

Simple as that.
Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty

North Korea

North Korea ratified the treaty on December 12, 1985, but gave notice of withdrawal from the treaty on January 10, 2003 following U.S. allegations that it had started an illegal enriched uranium weapons program, and the U.S. subsequently stopping fuel oil shipments under the Agreed Framework[30] which had resolved plutonium weapons issues in 1994 [31]. The withdrawal became effective April 10, 2003 making North Korea the first state ever to withdraw from the treaty.[32]

On February 10, 2005, North Korea publicly declared that it possessed nuclear weapons and pulled out of the six-party talks hosted by China

Well they haven't followed that one!

N. Korea is nowhere near that big of an issue to warrant anything more than stern warnings and the usual nonsense from the UN.

I'd say nukes should warrant some concerns and being able to deliver them should raise a few eyebrows.

Case closed.

I have to get ready for work.

Nice talking to you

SLAY

[edit on 6-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
1000 people questioned

57% said

Questionaire : " Excuse me sir , we have a poll about the North Korean rocket launch, , May I have your opinion?"

Pollee :" Sure mister, What do I get ? "

Questionaire :" We ask you a question and you can have a coupon book , to save money on your weekly shopping".

Pollee :" I think we should go to war with them there Koreans , they attacked America didn't they?"

Questionaire :" The missile exploded whilst in flight soon after takeoff"

Polee :" Exploded? so it must of had a bomb on board then? Yeah, I think that because it had a bomb on board we should go to war Yehhaaaa, Sempi FI God Bless America , etc etc".

Questionaire " Thank you sir, Here's your coupon book"

15% said " I DON'T think we can afford another war, the economy's in the poophut , the people are really annoyed at the Government of making our lives hell whilst they profit from war, prices are rising, our liberties are slowly being eroded. so NO to WAR." and then took the coupon book.

The last 28% of the said " Wheres North Korea?" and just took the coupon book straight round to get 10% off a Big Mac.

[edit on 6/4/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I'm not wasting anymore time on this.

You really need some reading comprehension classes if you can't get it after 20 posts on this.

Remember these are not my rules. Nor the US rules. These are internationally agreed upon rules.

THAT NORTH KOREA DIDN'T RATIFY.

Hence no matter who the hell agrees with them, N. Korea doesn't, so it doesn't apply to them.

What don't you understand?

Put aside your high moral ground and think for two seconds.

If you don't sign the treaty, it does not apply to you. CASE CLOSED.

I dont like your rules so I'll ignore them so I wont have to abide by them.

The same thing India, Israel, and Pakistan are doing when it concerns the NPT Treaty.

But of course, you don't care about those countries do you?

You only want to use this point to further demonise N. Korea and prove some baseless claim that they somehow broke rules they never agreed upon.

Case closed.

God willing.

Have you finally released your argument has more holes than Swiss cheese?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
They not only supply missles to many "rogue" nations but also repress and brainwash their people into believing their government is the best most awesome type of government. The are a threat to the world.

Are you talking about North Korea or the USA?

Then again the USA also brainwashes it's citizens into believing it's government is the best...

...and supplies weapons to many "rogue" nations, and represses its citizens.

Yes, I admit Im being a hypocrite on this issue.

Then why don't you change the way you feel about it? Why be a hypocrite?

The way I feel about it is; if the test was such an "epic failure," then what is the threat exactly? That they will someday get the technology to make it work? You could say that about any country.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by TheComte]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I agree. I don't know anyone, including myself, that thinks we should go into North Korea. who did they poll I wonder?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
NK is a war US and Japan could win, easily.

It's totally different than the Middle East mess. It's a war against an Army...
It would also be different than Vietnam.

I'd assume 2 weeks of violent action to totally dismember their army..
Another week before the AID rolls in.

Then Im not sure what would happen...
Maybe a united Korea?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by xbranscombex

NK is a war US and Japan could win, easily.

Before you come into a thread making a completely out of context statement it may be worth reading the rest of the replies.

A war here is not justified nor needed.

What is with you arm chair generals? It's never enough body count for some people...

Christ, like the US isn't facing enough crap, it now needs another war with N. Korea on it's plate too.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Go ahead. The US going in North Korea would mean the end of america. China and Russia would crash the US dollar.

They know it would be painful, but they would not allow NATO to have military bases on their border.

China, NKorea trade booming despite rocket tensions

And you add that Obama is going forward with the missile shield in Europe... Attacking North Korea would create MUCH MORE problems than letting North Korea there with their 1950s BS technology.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
It is idiotic to think that after polling 1000 Americans out of over 300 million that that 57% of Americans are in favor of military action against North Korea. We do not want more war in our country.

I personally do not view North Korea as a threat. They are more of a threat to their neighbors. If South Korea, Japan or China feel they are a threat let them have a go at them.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

Godfather, don't take it personally. I refer you to the thread on the state of American literacy.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It is so predictable. Whenever the MSM starts chirping about a "threat" from another country, the pitchforks all rise in unison. It's goddam performace theater on a grand scale; a country-wide Nuremburg Rally.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

"nuremburg rally"? Really?

You must miss all the MSM folks who disagree, or the thousands of everyday folk, at least half, who disagree...etc...

Yes, there's always some blowhard with more opinion than common sense who beat the drums, but there are also many others opposing those views...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

This was not a "treaty" for NK to sign. It was a "resolution" passed by the UN.

NK has lost its "freedom" to do what it wants under the UN charter.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I hope we do not go to war in Korea again. They are not a threat to the US and we as Americans need to concentrate on our homeland.

I don't think 57% of your average Americans want war with NK either, as the old saying goes, "Liars figure and figures lie". These "polls" can be manipulated to get any result one wants to find.

I do find it ironic that the poster of this thread wants to point his finger at Americans for being pro war and then quotes a nazi in his signature box.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
57% want action today but within a month of US military involvement in NK, a great percentage of those will want the US to back off.

I have always felt the US should do the following with NK

1) recognize them as communism

2) drop all sanctions against them

3) sign a peace treaty with them

4)remove all our troops from SK

5) Make it clear that they will be obliterated off the face of the Earth if they continue to gun for us, until then we will have a long lasting friendly relationship with them.

Just kinda amazes me how we tolerate and to a certain point respect China and Russia, but want to lay the smackdown on little NK.

I feel if we did the things above, China will feel less threaten and less inclined to allow NK to do the things it does.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I think ATS should set up a pole and settle this issue. I doubt there would be any support for a war with anyone right now, aside from an obvious attempt to attack us.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

Hence no matter who the hell agrees with them, N. Korea doesn't, so it doesn't apply to them.

The congress agrees to a nation speed limit - my state agrees with the congress - my local police department agrees with the state but since I didnt sign anywhere approving said speed limit I can drive however fast I want - I dont recognize your speed limit - yeah buddy, that will get me far ---

North Korea's ( government ) is a spoiled little brat and simply needs rules to be set up for them because they do not have the where-with-all to control themselves internally - it's that simple. They CAN control their own people though - yeah they are REALLY good at that - but fear and starvation will do that, won't it?

Your logic in this entire thread is - ummm - questionable, and your opinion that NK is no danger, even moreso - but thats what makes FREE countries around the world so great - you can have your opinion, and I can have mine - and no one will kill or lock up either of us for stating them.

Dorian Soran

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I am for and against the issue.

For: Personally I do not enjoy having such an a country existing in the world. They not only supply missles to many "rogue" nations but also repress and brainwash their people into believing their government is the best most awesome type of government. The are a threat to the world.
Then again the USA also brainwashes it's citizens into believing it's government is the best...Yes, I admit Im being a hypocrite on this issue.

Against: Just because a few in power of a nations wealth feel the need to squander away it's money on military projects and cause the whole of the nation to be called a threat does not mean we should harm the basic citizenry of the country.

Therefore the poll taken by that site is not a representation of our country as a whole. Truth be told some people dont even care.

[edit on 4/6/2009 by Tentickles]

In regards to your For comments I am sure that you have no problem with the country and its people but rather its leadership, correct? I would hate to think that you would like to see the misguided people wiped out because of their stupid leadership.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
You know whats funny about these so called polls? As Karlhungis said earlier: they polled 1000 people and presume to say that 57% of the people want action. I don't know about you guys but I have never been asked my opinion on any type of polling question.

So they will take their assumed percentage of the American peoples thoughts and put it out on the news. Then that is part of the brainwashing cycle. People who are ill informed and sit and watch this stuff will automatically believe it. "Wow look honey 57% percent say lets have action against NK"...."well I guess that's what we should do as well."........57% percent of the people....BS....I SPIT on the media.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join