It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

57% Want America To Take Military Action Against North Korea

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I don't support military action against the DPRK, but I would like to see the disposal of the North Korean government (that and the Sudanese government).

Any military affair on the peninsular would be devastating. An attack would have to be a preemptive surprise and overwhelming in order to give the South a chance of defending the border and preventing the North from advancing to Seoul.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira

You really love to float the idea America can just whatever the hell it likes whenever it feels like it don't you Sheriff?

It's both. They have two reasons to ignore the UN.

Happy now?

Who is floating that idea about America?

If you mean that the US supports the legal view of international opinion brought down by the UN then yes.

You seem to keep ignoring or maybe cannot comprehend the fact that this is not the US vs North Korea. I think you're confusing your personal dislike for the states with a regional issue where North Korea is a threat to the stability and peace of that region.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

Like really?

"When will that beautiful day come - when USA citizens finally understands that JDAMs and Raptors are useless in world politics?!?" ...

- Wars has suck their country economics to the abyss

War has not sucked the US into the economic "abyss" as you call it. Bad governmental regulations followed by corruption in the housing market, and other financial markets, caused the current debacle, not the conflicts in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Im typically not a war advocate. Howver, at times, I do look at war as a necessary evil.

Look at Saddam, is the world better off now that his regime no longer is a threat? Yes or No? Same goes for the taliban, and various other organized terrorists camps.

Sure, people die, countrys crumble, collateral damage mounts. So when is war ever necessary? I say when the outcome signals a significantly brighter future for not just the country, but the entire world.

- Wars has only made benefit to few bankers and corporation leaders

I suppose so, however, I suppose it has also made a difference in a few muslim countries where they are experiencing freedoms they were not accustomed to before.

War has been with us since the beginning of civillization, it cannot, and will not simply be swept under the rug.

- You havent "win" a war since WW2

Depends really on what your term of "win" is. Currently, Iraq is a success. All signs on the ground point to this. Afghanistan is far better off today than it has been at any time in the past 30 some years. One thing that needs to be said is this....When America wants to win a war, nothing can, or will stop the US from doing just that. Remember that its a lack of will power, and political ideologys that lose wars.

- Quaqmire of Afghanistan and Iraq is taking your childrens daily

Its a part of war... Its quite typical really...

- USA is the most hated country in the world

Quite true, and it is also the most loved and envied country as well.

- Without 925 bases - there would be no conflicts to attend...

What? So your saying if we had no military bases around the world that, North Korea and South Korea would simply get along? That Iran would not attack Iraq, and that Russia would not reclaim former soviet break aways? You are one gullibal SOB! You have no concept of history.

Please All American Idiots - Wake Up - Stop The War!

Its people like you I feel sorry for the most. You people just dont get it. I would love for their to be not hate, and war in this world. I would love for us all to unite together.... But that is just not reality, that ignores reality and history. America is by far the most powerful country in the world, and as such, I will not apologize for being a part of a powerful nation. Even if I disagree alot with what my nation does. I dont think there is a nation that comes close to all the good the US does, and has done in the past. With that said, I do think there is a lot we could and should change. Please, wakie up, and stop being so fuggin naive.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by Fox News]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterRegal
I don't support military action against the DPRK, but I would like to see the disposal of the North Korean government (that and the Sudanese government).

I agree, but what do you purpose to do? You have to remember that you are dealing with power hungry individuals, they will not simply give up their control. Sanctions have not worked, and still, the people of North Korea suffer, while their leaders get fat, and rich whilst breaking them down, treating them like sub-human sh!t, and threaten to make war with peaceful prospurous nations that border them. How long till the North Koreans attack the south? The japanese? If you could stop someone from shooting you by acting first, would you? Is that a bad thing?

Any military affair on the peninsular would be devastating. An attack would have to be a preemptive surprise and overwhelming in order to give the South a chance of defending the border and preventing the North from advancing to Seoul.

Which could happen if the North gets a wild hair in a certain spot...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Given the length of this thread someone may have already brought this point up , if thats the case I apologize .

I would be very interested to learn of how this question was worded .

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I think NK is a problem.

But my question is why does the USA always have to be the one to do something about it? What the hell is the rest of Europe doing? Why can't germany go take them out. Whats Spain doing? Since the train attacks, they have Cowered away in fear, and begged terrorist for mercy. Now spain wants to Try Ex-Bush cabinet members in their court. Why can't you dumb retards try Osama bin laden in your "Grand court"? are you retarded spain? Talk about ass-backwards useless country.

Why does the same old USA, UK, AUS, Ect. have to do all the work?

For years now, we have done it the United Nations way, Of Empty threats and Bribes, and Kimmy is still just as bad as he was.

Everybody loves to blame america, but whos really failing?

sorry if this comes off as rant like, but It's how I feel. NK threatens Japan, South Korea, US tells NK to knock it off or goto war, Liberals scold the USA.

AM I CRAZY???

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox News
Depends really on what your term of "win" is. Currently, Iraq is a success. All signs on the ground point to this. Afghanistan is far better off today than it has been at any time in the past 30 some years.

LOL I was unaware of the multiple definitions of "win." Obviously you define success a lot different than most people. Does the war become more successful for every year it drags on?

Haha, ATS is the best entertainment going right now

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

LOL I was unaware of the multiple definitions of "win."
Obviously you define success a lot different than most people. Does the war become more successful for every year it drags on?

How do most people define success? Am I to believe that you speak for most people?

If I only focus on the bad outcomes of war, then I can see a lose lose situation. However, to only focus on the bad, while ignoring the good, or rather the positive outcomes, is a pretty biased argument that doesnt really present facts, but rather a totally misguided opinion. Ala to be biased.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I would like for them to go back and find those same exact people that said that want us to risk war with North Korea and ask them to point out Korea on a map.

I would like them to ask just three basic questions about Korea and see if they can answer.

Do they even know the difference between North Korea and South Korea?

I am willing to bet a true unbiased poll of American citizens would yield a much different result.

Some would even ask; Korea? Is that in Iran?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox News
How do most people define success? Am I to believe that you speak for most people?

If I only focus on the bad outcomes of war, then I can see a lose lose situation. However, to only focus on the bad, while ignoring the good, or rather the positive outcomes, is a pretty biased argument that doesnt really present facts, but rather a totally misguided opinion. Ala to be biased.

Ah, to be illiterate. How do most people define success? Oh, I don't know, why don't you try a dictionary. You can believe what you want, I know I don't want to change your opinion, which is gold, by the way. Comedy gold.

You should start a thread on the whole "Iraq is a success" theme. It would be guaranteed to be one of the best threads of the year.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

I think you are stereotyping to much. Sure, there is a lot of stupid Americans, just like their are in *insert countries name here*. We all have our fair share of intellectually challenged morons.

Anyone who has some knowledgable of past and current world events, knows that NK is a brutal ditcatorship that threatens peaceful nations with war.

So here is a question for you... Do you support the dictatorship in NK, in their efforts to obtain a Nuclear device, that could have the potential to see an arms race in east asia? The scary thing is, I think NK is crazy enough to actually use, and possibly export such a device.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
Ah, to be illiterate. How do most people define success? Oh, I don't know, why don't you try a dictionary. You can believe what you want, I know I don't want to change your opinion, which is gold, by the way. Comedy gold.

This debate just took a nose dive...

You are in over your head. I called you out, and all you can muster up is ad hominem attacks?

You should start a thread on the whole "Iraq is a success" theme. It would be guaranteed to be one of the best threads of the year.

I would laugh at your insults, but I think you are being serious. I guess either way, its still pretty funny.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
They must have sought out people who are not in a position to go do the fighting themselves.

The government should ask everyone if they would think attacking Korea is a good idea.

If they say yes,they should haul them right to boot camp,so they can get the training they need to do it themselves.

Stupid fkn americans.

STUPID

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Fox News

Listen, I realize you are just trying to bait people. You said Iraq was a success and that's so far from the truth that it's hard to take seriously. I apologize if I offended you, but I hope that most Americans do not think like you do.

Truth is, no one is even sure if NK has nuclear weapons. So, what is the threat exactly? There is more chance of someone stealing a US nuke than there is NK launching one into America, do you not agree? It may have happened already, for all we know.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Fox News

If we are going to go to war with every country that has the "potential" to create a nuclear weapon then I guess we might as well stop wasting our time educating our children and just send them off to military training camps the moment they are potty trained.

So here is a question for you... Do you support the dictatorship in NK, in their efforts to obtain a Nuclear device, that could have the potential to see an arms race in east asia? The scary thing is, I think NK is crazy enough to actually use, and possibly export such a device.

And of course America has never exported nuclear or military weapons to any unstable country.

We are just the rulers of the entire world. We know what is best for all the countries and people of the world.

All would be well if they would just sit back, shut up and just do what they are told.
........................TIC..............................(Just in case some people don't get it.)

In regard to your question: I do not believe that we can afford to go to war with every country that operates as a dictatorship.

If we are going to go that route I think that North Korea would not necessarily be a good starting point.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Ya and Rasspuesin Claimed Mcmummy was going to win the election... HE is surging ahead...

Anyhow I think we should send whoever deems war desirable to war first...
Seriously.

BOO HOOO theys raising my taxes, taxes this and that....

But war is not free - so WTF ?????

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I wonder how much of those 57 % who answered that survey, can locate North Korea on a map ?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Nimrod

I would add up, From two fights, choose the easy one.

N. Korea should be easier than Iran.

And while being occupied in Asia, M. Obama could say to M. Nethanyau: I'm too busy for Iran right now, we cannot be everywhere.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
This whole North Korea thing does 2 things to me.
1. Makes me want to watch Team America again.
2. Makes me miss old GW.

He would have blown that thing up while it was still on the launch pad,and then got on TV and rambled some reasoning that no one would understand.

I think i just love ex-presidents. I missed Clinton when he was gone. Now I miss ole Bushy. I guess some how I will miss Obamer when he gets the boot. I will probably be saying "remember when Obamer poured all our money down the drain. Those were the good ole days."

Maybe someday we will get a President that bombs everyone with bombs made of US cash while he is banging every chick under 35 he can get his hands on. That would be too good to be true.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join