It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

57% Want America To Take Military Action Against North Korea

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
BTW, that wasn;t a stab at ATSers I know the majority are against that kinda thing, more directed towards the government loving sheeple most of the western countries have.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Aztec Riddle

Yeah, actually there was. It was called WW1 and WW2. Our populace wanted nothing to do with the conflicts of the world and we got dragged in. And we were called isolationist for it. And now later generations hold us in contempt for trying to keep our noses out of others affairs. Read a book and brush up on your history.

I can see that your deck is automatically stacked against America and American sentiment for anything, so maybe this isn't the topic for you if you are going to ignore the facts by saying that our country has NEVER tried to stay out of conflicts. Problem is that the world used to call us isolationist and condemn our actions, and now we are held as the world police by the UN and we are condemned for our actions. We can't win for loosing.

GOD knows the useless UN will cry for our military when they do decide to go in because the cowardly Russians, French, and Red Chinese will eventually call for action yet will not commit troops or resources. They call us war mongers and complain about the very blanket that keeps the peace (at times).

PS

Too often we are condemned for non-intervention, so take your propaganda elsewhere. If it's not such (propaganda) then it must be ignorance so pick up a book.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by lazy1981

Oh boo I think I offended the poor little guy, funny thing about WW2 wasn't there all that evidence that the main reason you boys went into it, pearl harbour, found out to be known about well in advance, and more then likely was used by America as a staging ground to test their A-bombs on a populated city, and establish worldwide military dominance to make them a superpower and not just the laughing stock of the blue rock? yeah yeah it was.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aztec Riddle
think I offended the poor little guy, funny thing about WW2 wasn't there all that evidence that the main reason you boys went into it, pearl harbour, found out to be known about well in advance, and more then likely was used by America as a staging ground to test their A-bombs on a populated city, and establish worldwide military dominance to make them a superpower and not just the laughing stock of the blue rock? yeah yeah it was.

Do you have any idea about how much sense you're NOT making with that statement?

The US was sure that the Japanese were going to attack, just not sure where or when. Last I read, they figured we'd be fighting them around early 1942 (Apr-May).

And I don't think that the first thing that FDR thought after hearing about Pearl was, "Wow, now we get to use our atomic bomb!!"

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Aztec Riddle

Oh boo I think I offended the poor little guy

To the contrary, the only thing that I find offensive are people people that make blanket statements with little knowledge of the true history behind the subject matter. All that you (seemingly) have to offer is leftist ant-American rhetoric and propaganda. If you have something that is based in fact I'd love to hear it.

You already speak of such nonsense as American Presidents itching to drop A-Boms on people when the Manhattan Project wasn't even in effect until 42' and it was in it's infancy at that stage. Roosevelt hadn't even a hope of a bomb until late in the war.

I will readily admit to you that our policy in the Pacific with the Japanese encouraged them to attack our interest and continue their aggression on their neighbors in Asia. However, we had no formal knowledge that an attack on Pearl was imminent. We just knew that it was going to come to a head soon. That is why all of our bases where on high alert. They just thought that Pearl's distance gave her a measure of safety from direct military attack from the Japanese. They were worried about sabotage.

Like I said, you need to stop letting rhetoric and propaganda rule your talking points and actually learn some things.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join