It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

57% Want America To Take Military Action Against North Korea

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Lies, Lies, Lies and more LIES.

The POLL is FOS.

No way in hell do Americans want military action again North Korea - what a load of BS.

Edit - I'm an American.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Armchair warriors.
They should just enlist.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
57% of American don't even know where North Korea is! I'll tell this it'll be fun to watch the companies that create these polls descend in the pit of irrelevance.

70% of Americans wanted the Iraq War.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
To ALL Americans that want WAR with North Korea ,

Good luck finding the funding to pay for it....

I hope you can afford this one, along with all the others your having to pay for.

I'm really sure that the rocket the NK launched really has range and a chance of hitting the US and that its a really good excuse to start yet another war you COULD possibly win ( same as Afghanistan and Iraq).

Isn't it about time you all said to your Government , " Try talking to them instead of trying to rush in guns blazing"?.

Do you really think we Americans have any control over what our gov does? Do you believe any polls put out by the main stream media? Don't you think people have been writing and calling their congress critters. It all falls on deaf ears.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by PsykoOps
North Korea has every right to do as they desire with missiles/rockets as long as they dont attack anyone.

Not really
Google is your friend.

Source

Security Council

5490th Meeting (PM)

SECURITY COUNCIL CONDEMNS DEMOCRATIC PEOPLE’S REPUBLIC OF KOREA’S MISSILE LAUNCHES,

UNANIMOUSLY ADOPTING RESOLUTION 1695 (2006)

Demands Suspension of All Related Ballistic Missile Activity;

Urges Country to Return Immediately to Six-Party Talks Without Precondition

The United Nations Security Council today condemned the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea’s recent test-firing of a series of missiles, and demanded that the North-East Asian country suspend all ballistic missile related activity and reinstate its moratorium on missile launches.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

www.un.org...

The representative of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, however, “totally rejected” the text, saying that it was “gangster-like” of the Security Council to adopt such a coercive resolution against his country, while neglecting the nuclear threat posed by the United States against the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea. It was a clear testament that the Council had completely lost its impartiality and was persisting in applying double standards to its work.

Yes really. NK has never signed any treaty stating otherwise.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by ohioriver]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by huckfinn
57% of American don't even know where North Korea is!

Indeed... do you think they asked these people?

Italy? Canada?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
In addition to a miserably small sample size, this poll was taken 2 days BEFORE N. Korea launched anything.

Hence it was based on people's own speculation of what could occur as a result of this launch, and as we well know, being fed the usual nonsense from the MSM, half of this sample population were probably led to believe a potential WW3 scenario was unfolding.

These individual results for some of the question gives a far better indication into the level of understanding, people had of current events:

1* How closely have you followed news reports about North Korea’s plans to test launch a long-range missile?

40% Very closely
35% Somewhat closely
18% Not very closely
6% Not at all
1% Not sure

2* How concerned are you about the possible threat of North Korea using nuclear weapons against the United States?

39% Very concerned
34% Somewhat concerned
20% Not very concerned
5% Not at all concerned
2% Not sure

5* Is North Korea an ally of the United States, an enemy of the United States or somewhere in between?

3% Ally
46% Enemy
44% Somewhere in between
8% Not sure

www.rasmussenreports.com...

In addition to 60% of people not really having a good understanding of why and how N. Korea launched it's satellite payload (not to mention they were well within their International rights to do so), 47% of people don't even consider N. Korea a true enemy of the United States.

That kind of takes the edge off the knife here.

I seriously doubt, if you surveyed a far larger and varied demographic for this sample size, you'd get anywhere near 50% of people wanting another war.

America has enough on it's plate, and I think the average Joe is more than aware of that.

[edit on 6/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ohioriver

Yes really. NK has never signed any treaty stating otherwise.

Who cares if they signed it or not!
keep reading the article it clearly shows that all Parties involved want him to knock it off not just the US but ALL parties!

These "gangsters" include Russia and China keep reading

go ahead keep reading

I know you can do it.

China’s representative said that, under the present circumstances, he urged all the parties concerned to practice restraint. He was opposed to any acts that would lead to further tension, and hoped that the resolution adopted today would help all the parties concerned to act calmly and continue the diplomatic endeavours for the denuclearization of the Korean peninsula and the normalization of relations between the countries concerned. Maintaining peace and stability on the Korean peninsula was in the common interests of the international community and the North-East Asian countries, and was the fundamental starting point for China in handling Korean peninsula affairs.

The representative of the Russian Federation stressed that the Council’s actions must be not only firm, but also carefully calibrated and weighed. The main task was for the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea to return to a moratorium regime on ballistic missile testing and to resume participation in the six-party talks. Driven by those considerations, the Russian Federation had continued to actively harmonize the Council’s reaction.

The representative of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea condemned the attempt “of some countries to misuse the Security Council for the despicable political aim to isolate and put pressure” on his country, and vowed to continue the launches to bolster his country’s self-defence.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
As always people tend to have selected amnesia, just for the record

www.americans-world.org...

That lower 15% is over 60%, so before you go posting polls which serve a purpose far greater than some forum, i guess you should consider your own ethical values.

Then again:
"Naturally the common people don't want war, but after all, it is the leaders of a country
who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag people along whether it is a
democracy or a fascist dictatorship, or a paliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no
voice, the poeple can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
This is easy. All you have to do is to sell them they are being attacked and denounce the
pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every
country.

Herman Goering
Reich-Marshall
Nuremburg Trials WWII

Enough said.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Who cares if they signed it or not!
keep reading the article it clearly shows that all Parties involved want him to knock it off not just the US but ALL parties!

If they didn't sign or ratify a Security Council Resolution, they're not bound by it.

Simple as that.

I don't know which world you descend from, but here, to be bound by a legal document you must have stated your intent to adhere to it and that is usually done in writing. (The same way Saddam Hussein ratified the UN Resolutions 687 and 678 and was indeed bound by those not to develop WMD's).

The majority of member nations wanted America NOT to invade Iraq, but the US still shoved them aside like an annoying little sister...

So spare me the dramatical hysteria and save the tears.

The UN can cry its eyes out for all I care, it lost that bearing to dictate to other countries what they can and can't do along time ago.

[edit on 6/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

Thanks for your OPINION

The fact of the matter is that it's not just the "US" that has issues with North Korea.

Get that?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I think that America going anywhere near North Korea would be the worst move possible. Its not worth WW3 to slap a dictator on the wrist, this was a satalite launch that went wrong and if they meant it for posturing sake only then it failed. NK is on its knees and this is just an act of defiance and a big middle finger to the UN, nothing more. I work with the Armed forces in Britain and they are stretched to breaking point with Iraq and Afganistan so no outside help would be forthcoming. I think this is a storm in a tea cup, hasnt America been planning to invade NK and Iran for years

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
Armchair warriors.
They should just enlist.

- Lee

Exactly...

These people sit on their couches with their mustard stained t-shirts, shaking their fists at the t.v. screen demanding war, and they dont even know the half of whats really going on.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   

A bit terrifying that 57% of the people have not learned from the 2 other wars US is fighting...

And those 57% are ready to gear up and pick up a weapon and go fight this new war, right?

No?

Hmmm...

peace

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   

The fact of the matter is that it's not just the "US" that has issues with North Korea.

And most of the sane world had "issues" with America invading Iraq and that didn't stop them.

So again, spare me the melodrama. A little bit of their own medicine in the face of the UN is exactly what they need right now.

You can't just stand for "high & mighty" conventions and morals at one point but then completely disregard them at the next.

N. Korea is nowhere near that big of an issue to warrant anything more than stern warnings and the usual nonsense from the UN.
More pressure from the International Community is only going to isolate them further and force them to do other drastic things.

The world just needs to stop breathing down N. Korea's neck and this problem will cool down quicker than you know it.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   

And most of the sane world had "issues" with America invading Iraq and that didn't stop them.

Oh please SPARE ME

Stay focused KOREA!

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira

If they didn't sign or ratify a Security Council Resolution, they're not bound by it.

Simple as that.

Why would that matter? They have a history of pulling out of legal agreements anyway.

Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty

North Korea
See also: North Korea and weapons of mass destruction, 2006 North Korean nuclear test, and Six-party talks

North Korea ratified the treaty on December 12, 1985, but gave notice of withdrawal from the treaty on January 10, 2003 following U.S. allegations that it had started an illegal enriched uranium weapons program, and the U.S. subsequently stopping fuel oil shipments under the Agreed Framework[30] which had resolved plutonium weapons issues in 1994 [31]. The withdrawal became effective April 10, 2003 making North Korea the first state ever to withdraw from the treaty.[32] North Korea had once before announced withdrawal, on March 12, 1993, but suspended that notice before it came into effect.[33]

On February 10, 2005, North Korea publicly declared that it possessed nuclear weapons and pulled out of the six-party talks hosted by China to find a diplomatic solution to the issue. "We had already taken the resolute action of pulling out of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty and have manufactured nuclear arms for self-defence to cope with the Bush administration's evermore undisguised policy to isolate and stifle the DPRK [Democratic People's Republic of Korea]," a North Korean Foreign Ministry statement said regarding the issue[34]. Six-party talks resumed in July 2005.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira

More pressure from the International Community is only going to isolate them further and force them to do other drastic things.

North Korea's "Isolation" Is self imposed. Remember their motto? Juche

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Why would that matter?

Are you serious?

Okay, let me try AGAIN: If your signature is not on the list of signatories to a particular convention or treaty, it has NO effect on you.

Should I repeat this in Mandarin and French too?

How many ways do you need the concept "International Law only applies to people who recognise it" worded?

They have a history of pulling out of legal agreements anyway.

I'm heart broken.

So does everyone. America included. Who chose not ratify Kyoto, the Space Treaty, the Cluster Munitions Convention and many, many other vital agreements they should have signed in good conscience.

N. Korea isn't the only one playing "hide & seek" here.

Or have you forgotten your country had a Congressional Debate as to whether the Geneva Conventions applied to it's actions in detaining captured combatants?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

North Korea's "Isolation" Is self imposed.

Irrelevant.

They don't recognise the NPT nor the Security Council Resolution.

And no one says they have to listen to a particularly hypocritical and biased organisation such as the UN, as I mentioned previously.

So again........ How is N. Korea violating anything?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by rich23

Originally posted by huckfinn
57% of American don't even know where North Korea is!

Indeed... do you think they asked these people?

Italy? Canada?

France. Definitely France. Despite the fact that the U.S. as a nation would not exist if it wasn't for France's help, I want the American public to want war with France just to prove, once and for all, just how phenominally under-educated your average American is.

And, Australia, look out, because you look a lot like North Korea, you know! Accidents will happen!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join