It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

57% Want America To Take Military Action Against North Korea

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

57% Want America To Take Military Action Against North Korea

www.poligazette.com

Rasmussen reports that a majority of Americans want the U.S. government to take military action against North Korea after the communist country launched a long range missile (which landed in what was an epic failure in the middle of the Pacific Ocean).

Interestingly, a broad consensus exists among voters: 57% favor a military response, 28% are not sure, while only 15% oppose it. 15% is a remarkably low percentage. Support for military action is, as you’d expect, higher among Republicans (66%)...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Like really?

"When will that beautiful day come - when USA citizens finally understands that JDAMs and Raptors are useless in world politics?!?" ...

- Wars has suck their country economics to the abyss
- Wars has only made benefit to few bankers and corporation leaders
- You havent "win" a war since WW2
- Quaqmire of Afghanistan and Iraq is taking your childrens daily
- USA is the most hated country in the world
- Without 925 bases - there would be no conflicts to attend...

Please All American Idiots - Wake Up - Stop The War!

www.poligazette.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+26 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   

This telephone survey of 1,000 Likely Voters was conducted by Rasmussen Reports April 3-4, 2009, 2009.

So, 1,000 people were polled? Approximately 150,000,000 people voted in the last election. How can anyone possibly think that a poll of way less than .01% of "likely voters" would actually represent what most Americans actually think?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
To ALL Americans that want WAR with North Korea ,

Good luck finding the funding to pay for it....

I hope you can afford this one, along with all the others your having to pay for.

I'm really sure that the rocket the NK launched really has range and a chance of hitting the US and that its a really good excuse to start yet another war you COULD possibly win ( same as Afghanistan and Iraq).

Isn't it about time you all said to your Government , " Try talking to them instead of trying to rush in guns blazing"?.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
This is fantastic news!

Congress always does the precise opposite of what the majority of people want...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
So 570 Americans represent America as a whole? Wow okay. So a small number of people think for everyone, amazing stuff. That is if my math is correct, I would hope so it seems pretty basic 57% of 1000 should be 570, unless I am missing something.

I could show you just as many here in my home town that say we should not go to war. But hey I guess they don’t speak for anyone else but themselves.

I would also have to say that is nothing else look at how the glorious leader of N.K. treats his people; he is truly a great humanitarian after all.

But really this poll is of a small number of people so really 57% of the 1000 people polled want us to go to war. I wonder who those people were and what role they might play if we did go to war. I am sure it would affect them in no way at all. After all the people of N.K. are practically nonexistent to them, or they will gain pretty heftily from war.

Raist

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Yeah - I hope that ATS will produce own poll from this issue... Maybe we get some other kind of result?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I am for and against the issue.

For: Personally I do not enjoy having such an a country existing in the world. They not only supply missles to many "rogue" nations but also repress and brainwash their people into believing their government is the best most awesome type of government. The are a threat to the world.
Then again the USA also brainwashes it's citizens into believing it's government is the best...Yes, I admit Im being a hypocrite on this issue.

Against: Just because a few in power of a nations wealth feel the need to squander away it's money on military projects and cause the whole of the nation to be called a threat does not mean we should harm the basic citizenry of the country.

Therefore the poll taken by that site is not a representation of our country as a whole. Truth be told some people dont even care.

[edit on 4/6/2009 by Tentickles]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
This is fantastic news!

Congress always does the precise opposite of what the majority of people want...

Oh man, that made me laugh. Thanks for that, I needed a good chuckle.

I never believe polls myself... mostly because I've run a few, and I found it incredibly easy to twist the results by selecting which regions, religions, classes, races, genders, etc. I get the results from.

(The republicans would win every time... just as long as they automatically omit black and college educated voters)

Aside from easily twisted poll results though, it still remains a valid point of topic.
Personally, I think there's a better solution with regards to North Korea than to start slinging rifles and bombs.

Unfortunately, diplomacy doesn't make the arms industry money.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Nice going US, way to stick your nose into business that doesn't consern you. North Korea has every right to do as they desire with missiles/rockets as long as they dont attack anyone.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
North Korea has every right to do as they desire with missiles/rockets as long as they dont attack anyone.

Not really
Google is your friend.

Source

Security Council

5490th Meeting (PM)

SECURITY COUNCIL CONDEMNS DEMOCRATIC PEOPLE’S REPUBLIC OF KOREA’S MISSILE LAUNCHES,

UNANIMOUSLY ADOPTING RESOLUTION 1695 (2006)

Demands Suspension of All Related Ballistic Missile Activity;

Urges Country to Return Immediately to Six-Party Talks Without Precondition

The United Nations Security Council today condemned the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea’s recent test-firing of a series of missiles, and demanded that the North-East Asian country suspend all ballistic missile related activity and reinstate its moratorium on missile launches.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
A bit terrifying that 57% of the people have not learned from the 2 other wars US is fighting and loosing.

Trying to be the worlds policeman will only bring more enemies against US to unite.

Best regards.

Loke.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Loke.

I doubt it's that high. This is to complicated of an issue to be understood with one poll of 1000 people.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Loke.

A bit terrifying that 57% of the people have not learned from the 2 other wars US is fighting.

A bit terrifying that 570 people have not learned from the 2 other wars the US is fighting....

How many other crazy things can we find that 570 people support? I am pretty sure that we can find 570 people who support just about any crazy topic discussed on this board.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well way to go UN then. That US comment was because this topic is about the US response.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

Well way to go UN then. That US comment was because this topic is about the US response.

Well I don't know about that one either

Again Google is hot tonight.

Same link. Nobody in the region wants them to have nukes nor launch missiles. As far as going to war? This North Korean thing isn't new and the war never officially ended. So where do we stand now?

Here is a great example both Russia and China want little Kimmy to knock it off. You can clearly see his response.

China’s representative said that, under the present circumstances, he urged all the parties concerned to practice restraint. He was opposed to any acts that would lead to further tension, and hoped that the resolution adopted today would help all the parties concerned to act calmly and continue the diplomatic endeavours for the denuclearization of the Korean peninsula and the normalization of relations between the countries concerned. Maintaining peace and stability on the Korean peninsula was in the common interests of the international community and the North-East Asian countries, and was the fundamental starting point for China in handling Korean peninsula affairs.

The representative of the Russian Federation stressed that the Council’s actions must be not only firm, but also carefully calibrated and weighed. The main task was for the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea to return to a moratorium regime on ballistic missile testing and to resume participation in the six-party talks. Driven by those considerations, the Russian Federation had continued to actively harmonize the Council’s reaction.

The representative of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea condemned the attempt “of some countries to misuse the Security Council for the despicable political aim to isolate and put pressure” on his country, and vowed to continue the launches to bolster his country’s self-defence.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Please don't attack the place! I am heading there on the 13th of August for 6 days. I will be attending the Mass Games. This may well be the last chance to see this spectacle.

I travel with passion not politics!

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Aw, I enjoyed your well thought out post SLAYER, you didnt have to change it!
Well, kudos to both posts, I am glad I got to read them.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   

I'm just saying that all countries should have the same rights. If US test a missile or sends rocket to space noone is screaming for a military response

This is just my personal opinion

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

I think anyone in "favor" of war should be given a weapon and shipped off to war no questions asked.

If at the end of the poll they said, "Ok thanks, now get ready to be sent over." 100% of people would say NO to war.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join