It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

57% Want America To Take Military Action Against North Korea

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Seekerof

I for certain know the horrors of ‘police actions’ and counter gorilla SETCO ops. My ‘tattoo’s’ from service are three bullet holes and scars from 29 pieces of a Russian mortar. (Darn Sandinistas ended a rather brilliant military career) I have been in the middle east and know exactly what we face as concerns extreme Muslim sentiments towards America; they will not compromise, will keep any agreement until in a better position to attack, they can lie to, steal from, kill or do ANYTHING to an infidel (any non Muslim) and go straight to heaven as all non Muslims count less than dogs. The Iranian Shi'a Muslims HATE America ALMOST as much as Israel and would do anything to hurt us.

They are not rational as we consider ‘rationality’, which is why they will hide rockets and weapons in family homes and schools knowing that we will think twice before attacking such targets; such sentiments are considered weakness. Indeed, the way our President just apologized for America, and kept claiming America was not at war with Islam was for certain seen by the Iranians as his having prostrated himself. We are in big trouble as there will be no peace with the Shi'a, none at all but the peace of death, our death in particular.

Russia has already clearly stated that they will consider an attack on Iran as an act of war. As we are Israel’s only ally, we will be in a technical state of war with Russia as soon as Israel takes out Iranian nuclear sites; which they must as the Iranian president has said numerous times that as soon as he has the capability to launch a nuclear missile at Israel, he will. He further has said, in front of the United Nations, that he believes he was destined by Allah to usher in the Shi’a messiah who the Shi’a believe will only come after a nuclear war starts.

We therefore are left with few choices. Hit first, hit hard, or watch many innocent Americans die. The Shi’a will happily laugh over the dead bodies of all the peace loving anti-war activist on this thread, as well as over the bodies of their wives and children; not opinion but fact as I have gone into villages of ‘infidels’ where even the infants had their throats cut. Think not? Research ‘Muslim violence against Christians’ on the Internet, you might learn something.

[edit on 4/8/2009 by SGTChas]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I love how people ignore blatant facts and refuse to do some research.

Technically NK is still at war with SK. They have every damn right to arm and pursue military and scientific research.

The US doesnt want peace, it needs to flexes its muscle and influence in east asia and NK is a thorn on its side. And we all know everything that is communist or does not fall into american interests is the enemy and the media is doing a great job on brainwashing you.

If they are so desperate for a stable NK, then give your hand in friendship. NK has already offered to give up its nuclear ambitions for some economic deals and was building bridges with SK until the US made moves to derail the process.

IT is like the israeli palestinian conflict, they are doing their best to keep it going.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
I love how people ignore blatant facts and refuse to do some research.

I just love how people who don't bother reading the entire thread just pop in and think they are like manna from heaven dropping in to give us their jewels of wisdom. I'll just post my earlier replies from through out the thread
You don't mind do you?

Technically NK is still at war with SK. They have every damn right to arm and pursue military and scientific research.

Source

Security Council

5490th Meeting (PM)

SECURITY COUNCIL CONDEMNS DEMOCRATIC PEOPLE’S REPUBLIC OF KOREA’S MISSILE LAUNCHES,

UNANIMOUSLY ADOPTING RESOLUTION 1695 (2006)

Demands Suspension of All Related Ballistic Missile Activity;

Urges Country to Return Immediately to Six-Party Talks Without Precondition

The United Nations Security Council today condemned the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea’s recent test-firing of a series of missiles, and demanded that the North-East Asian country suspend all ballistic missile related activity and reinstate its moratorium on missile launches.

The US doesnt want peace, it needs to flexes its muscle and influence in east asia and NK is a thorn on its side. And we all know everything that is communist or does not fall into american interests is the enemy and the media is doing a great job on brainwashing you.

"Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by sos37

Very good point open negotiations would solve this problem straight out.
But little Kimmy only wants to deal with the US. Americas stance has been and most likely will remain that any negotiations would involve the Chinese, Russians, South Korea, Japan and the US.

Kimmy does not want the other parties involved. The US has 0 power to negotiate for the other members of the talks so it becomes a mute issue."

If they are so desperate for a stable NK, then give your hand in friendship. NK has already offered to give up its nuclear ambitions for some economic deals

Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty

North Korea

North Korea ratified the treaty on December 12, 1985, but gave notice of withdrawal from the treaty on January 10, 2003 following U.S. allegations that it had started an illegal enriched uranium weapons program, and the U.S. subsequently stopping fuel oil shipments under the Agreed Framework[30] which had resolved plutonium weapons issues in 1994 [31]. The withdrawal became effective April 10, 2003 making North Korea the first state ever to withdraw from the treaty.[32]

On February 10, 2005, North Korea publicly declared that it possessed nuclear weapons and pulled out of the six-party talks hosted by China

and was building bridges with SK until the US made moves to derail the process.

North Korea's "Isolation" Is self imposed. Remember their motto? Juche

IT is like the israeli palestinian conflict, they are doing their best to keep it going.

That's Off Topic

Well I'm done here now it's time for some coffee

[edit on 8-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
The only stumbling blocks to reunification is pride and power. One side will lose power, which one will it be? Does anyone think either side will ever want to relinquish their power?
Or could a 1 country 2 system setup work as it does in China with Hong Kong? If this setup can work, then would not China be the best candidate to work with the 2 Korea's to achieve this?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I wonder if this 57% in favour of the USA taking down North Korea are the same people who are upset because they think that the UN is trying to take down the USA.

Nezuji

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I don't think many rational people think the UN is out to get the USA, at least not anyone I know of. I do know of quite a few people who think that the UN is worthless but the U.S. Government is trying to *be absorbed,* so to speak.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobbylove321
If at the end of the poll they said, "Ok thanks, now get ready to be sent over." 100% of people would say NO to war.

They would not have to ship me, I'd voluntarily go.
Opps, I guess that blows your "100%" right out of the water, eh?
Advice: Avoid making statements containing absolutes, such "100%," "everyone," "all," etc.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

The US doesnt want peace, it needs to flexes its muscle and influence in east asia and NK is a thorn on its side.

Actually, that is incorrect. SK does not, at this point in time, want to be reuinited with the North as it would destroy the SK economy.

SK has publicly stated that before any unification process can begin, the North would have to bring up it's GDP to acceptable levels.

Just imagine if the perverbial "wall" fell tomorrow - SK would be swarmed with hundreds of thousands of refugess from the North who, for all intents and purposes, would have nothing to contribute to the SK economy and drain the social support systems (ie welfare) of resources.

The World Bank sounds more realistic when it pegs the overall cost at 5-6 times South Korea's GDP, or $2-3 trillion. Noland notes that between $300-600 billion over ten years would be needed to raise North Korean income levels to 60 percent of the Southern average and to prevent ruinous mass migration from North to South. Young-sun Lee, another scholar, concurs with the high end of Noland's estimate.

Edit: Incorrect figures.

[edit on 9-4-2009 by crisko]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Polls are used to persuade the majority away from the Truth, period. In other words, Polls=Hogwash.

Those 1,000 may have just been brainwashed soldiers.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Looking_Glass

There's a few more stumbling blocks than that...

South Korea has a stable, thriving economy, North Korea, to put it mildly, does not. What does South Korea gain from a reunification; other than hordes of illtrained folks flocking south to the land of "milk and honey", "streets paved with gold"...

Remember the problems Germany had, is having? Now magnify that at least two fold.

Reunification has to benefit both nations...at present only one benefits, and that not for long.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by conspi

Those 1,000 may have just been brainwashed soldiers

Care to attempt to explain the thought process that leads you to this odious little statement?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Without wanting to sound all suspicious and cynical, don't you think it's remarkable that, as N Korea was planning this launch, our top military men were saying, "Gosh, we sure don't want them to shoot that missile, but we can't stop them"? Doesn't that sound like an attempt to manipulate public opinion in favor of, if not outright war, at least developing even more military technology? It does to me.

We have spent trillions of dollars over the years, developing the most elaborate, complex, "advanced" weapons money and corruption can buy. We're supposed to be able to shoot down a mosquito in Moscow. We were able to track the missile and know that it fell into the ocean. But we don't have the means to bring it down? Someone's not telling the truth here.

After the trillions we've spent on defense, if we can't shoot down one single missile we know will be fired, we're not getting our money's worth. If this is true we need to shake up our entire defense structure from top to bottom, weeding out corruption from the military, the politicians, and the defense contractors. In your dreams.

Or, we really do have the capability, but are playing weak and defenseless. Why? Maybe to scare the public into throwing even more trillions at defense, to line the pockets of corrupt generals, senators, and CEO's. Or maybe we're just playing 'possum, so as not to reveal our true capabilities. I couldn't say which it is, but for sure someone's lying. I hope they've got our best interests at heart. But I also hope Santa Claus will finally bring me a pony this year.

As for N Korea, their leader isn't wrapped too tight. He is seriously out of touch with reality, eating up the ridiculous flattery his toadies feed him, ruling his country with a vicious heartlessness worthy of Stalin. He's not amenable to reason or to threats. He's seriously paranoid and xenophobic. That makes him extremely dangerous. Most importantly, he CANNOT lose face before his people, or they'll tear him apart. He can NEVER back down, once he's taken a stand. So he'd rather take his country down in a blaze of glory, than allow anyone to oust him from power.

As for our 57% who want to go to war with N Korea - hey, if they really want to go, I say let them. Gather them together, give them uniforms, train them, hand them weapons, and let them go. Oh, they don't want to go, they just want to send our kids? So sorry.

We should have a new policy. Those who vote for war, go to war. No exceptions, including our politicians and defense contractors.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

Or, we really do have the capability, but are playing weak and defenseless. Why? Maybe to scare the public into throwing even more trillions at defense, to line the pockets of corrupt generals, senators, and CEO's. Or maybe we're just playing 'possum, so as not to reveal our true capabilities.
BINGO!

It's called an MTHEL (Mobile Tactical High Energy Laser). A product of Regan's "Star Wars" if anyone remembers. I'm sure that by now they have it up and running seeing as how they have the smaller version (MTHEL) up and running. It can shoot down rockets and even artillery rounds.

ruling his country with a vicious heartlessness worthy of Stalin.

This guy passed up Stalin a long time ago friend.

As for our 57% who want to go to war with N Korea - hey, if they really want to go, I say let them. Gather them together, give them uniforms, train them, hand them weapons, and let them go. Oh, they don't want to go, they just want to send our kids? So sorry. We should have a new policy. Those who vote for war, go to war. No exceptions, including our politicians and defense contractors.

Amen to that.

When it's necessary, it is necessary. However, some are just too willing to push for it without, (1) thinking of the consequences and (2) looking at history. As I have already stated we will most likely end up at war with China again just like the last time.

[edit on 9-4-2009 by lazy1981]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Even possibly weirder than that I'm still wondering about this possible "UFO" that came flying out of the area the day before.

No I dont think it was little gray guys maybe more like a stealth type craft on some sort of mission of sabotage?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
If we do anything, I want the entire democratized, industrialized world behind us. Not half-way, not tricked into it, but fully behind us.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

They are more liberal than our President. Good luck with that. They may well try and and Kumbaya Kim Jong-Il into submission.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone has said it yet, but based on the response I've seen here thus far...

Someone is pulling our legs with those poll numbers. Either they polled the wrong people, or they just made some numbers up.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It's a great idea; when I was kid I wanted to be in WW2 when I grew up, that was a great idea too. Both are completely unrealistic and not feasible, but they are great ideas.

How about a dose of reality: of 3 million Americans, at least 57% have no idea where NK is on a map, that they are communist, and that they just tested a missile, that's closer to reality than this BS survey.

And also, the 57% that support this survey will be the last ones to go and fight. Talk is cheap; how will they fight when its actually All-in, blood, guts, mayhem and 5 mph speed limits on a FOB that smells like kimshi?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

57 percent? Come on this sounds like the gov't is playing games with the numbers, we already have iraq, afghanistan and pakistan(not officially but daily attacks) and mexico could become a real problem. We are streched as thin as could be and we are broke and continuing to become broker.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Oh what a surprise, most americans want to start another war.
Seriously has there ever been a decade in your history you just sat down and decided F it, ITS NONE OF OUR BUSINESS. or how about maybe we should wait for UN approval, coz you know thats what its there for.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join