It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Ouija Boards Evil?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bronwyn82

Well basically I believe in Heaven and Hell. I dont believe some have simply failed to cross over or need guidance.

I dont use a crystal ball, Tarot cards, Ouija boards, witchcraft, etc to help people cross over.

Only God determines their fate not us. I'm sorry to disagree with you but this is what I believe.

files.abovetopsecret.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bronwyn82
Before you use a board of any type, you need to make sure that you have a clear mind as well as an open one. And you need to open a circle of white light around you to protect yourself and others from any evil spirits. You can not allow them in, otherwise you will have a bad experience. You need to say aloud "No evil shall come here." (or something along those lines) Psychic Circle Board is what I have always used, and is pretty much the same thing. My sister and I use it together a lot.

That's good advice in general for anyone thinking of experimenting with tapping into the subconscious or astral (personally, I tend to think that the subconscious, or non-local, part of the mind is our point of access into other dimensions; something akin to an individual computer tapping into the internet). You hear quite a few stories of people having bad experiences their first time out, and inevitably they had never heard of, let alone, done a banishing or protection, or at least charged the atmosphere with positivity.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Your experience is really interesting, and spooky, wonderworld. The fact that you have found documents relating to whatever/whomever you got in touch with via the board is quite unique. Maybe I misunderstood your post, but did you say that this entity is claiming to be someone from your family tree?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

First of all if it was their time to die ...then there is NO SUCH thing as UNFINISHED business here on earth ......if they had not finished their purpose they would not be dead ............

Also I do not understand logically what on earth a loved one could possibly accomplish (finishing business if there really was unfinished business) being a ghost ....their hands are even more tied then than when they were alive ...there are boundries in the spirit world just as there are in the physical realm .

I also do not understand what purpose a ghost (or dead loved one ) has once dead ...If they did not finish their purpose while alive ..they will not be able to do it while dead either ...........

Scripture says the dead KNOW NOT ANYTHING ...so how can they talk to you ?

Ecc 9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

Until the Lord says come up hither (when the dead rise first) the dead know not anything ...
Even those who knew the Lord Jesus they are at this time ASLEEP according to the bible ....
1Th 4:13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive [and] remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
1Th 4:18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Graphic_View

Well, what I meant is that he originally told a family member that he would follow her where ever she went and have her in the end.

She asked how he could do this. He said "First mind, then body, then soul.

He is NOT a relative. After years of not playing we rarely spoke of it. I am the only one in our family that owns the Family tree program.

I was SO shocked to see his name was listed. I about fell out of my chair.

This guy is bad and has always been evil. The only thing I can think of is perhaps it happened by accident when searching for this guy on an online genealogy site.

I'm not an expert but am smart enough to know the odds of that happpening is low!

I have since solved the problem and finally deleted him for the last time. He even transfered over to my dad's ancestors. Too insane to make sense of.

I'm not superstious but I do file his death certificate in with my ex husbands divorce papers. I like to keep the guys together. I guess I have a bad guy file.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Evil? I don't know. I do know, it's something I don't want or need in my life as I have enough weird happenstances without any assistance. I can tell you of one story I know of from this "game". My birth mother and our cousin (her best cousin and partner in crime) were in my uncles home playing with this deal. I didn't like the feeling I sensed from the giddyup, and so I went outside to play and begged my little cousins who seemed intrigued by it to come with me. Anyway, after they had finished with the game and came outside to drink beer on the patio, a few of us went inside to use the bathroom. I could sense this dark, heavy feeling, and it made me fearful, but it also made me want to fight whatever was there and I was so angry that it was intruding even though it wasn't my home. I don't know if my other little cousins sensed it or not...at that moment.

But, later on that evening, we had a sleepover, and we were terrified to sleep in the back room where they kept the game in the closet. Even seeing the box made me get that spidey sense feeling. Well, we made it through the night, maybe with some overactive imaginations, but I assume my uncle (who was at work when they were playing it) must have had a sense about it as well, because first thing the next morning, he built a bonfire and doused the thing with kerosense and burned it. He even threw the ash in the sawdust pit way in the back of the woodline, and threatened to throw my older cousin out of she brought another into the home again. I've had an interest in the occult and alternative spirituality all of my natural life, but that incident made me never, EVER want to touch one of those things, and I never have and never will. Even as a teen, when i went back home and spent a few days at my uncle's home, I refused to sleep in the guest room he offered me. I slept on the couch. It smells "off" in there, like rotten eggs and general nastiness and that darkness and weird feeling was still there, even 7 years later.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Graphic_View

OOPS, He wasnt pretending to be a relative. We have no relatives named David Johnson that died in 1920, or any other year.

My though is, perhaps he was a demon pretending to be this David Johnson dude. He was most prominent on the board but was also a liar, at times.

I have a lot more proof I finally found besides what has been posted!, rather that a name named David Johnson did exist and also live at the same address.

The spook said his name was Johnson and gave us tips where he was buried, including his birthday and date of death.

This is why it was addicting to us. We tried to see if he was truthful.
CREEPY!

[edit on 6-4-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Seasick

What you are describing, that fighting feeling and heaviness of an evil presence. Our entity admitted he drew his energy off of children.

You will find that in my earlier post. I believe this to be true.

This guys wife had her deceased baby twins remains exhumed and placed in his coffin. I ordered a record search from the cemetery. She did this in 1922.

Ive got documents to prove. I also will never play this game! None of us will!

It got too powerful and dangerous to continue!

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by bronwyn82
First of all it is hard for me to understand that you believe in demons, but not ghosts?? Why? Just because someone has not crossed over, does not mean that they are evil. Some are spirits that have unfinished business here on Earth.

Do I believe that Ouija boards are evil?? Yes and No.

Before you use a board of any type, you need to make sure that you have a clear mind as well as an open one. And you need to open a circle of white light around you to protect yourself and others from any evil spirits. You can not allow them in, otherwise you will have a bad experience. You need to say aloud "No evil shall come here." (or something along those lines) Psychic Circle Board is what I have always used, and is pretty much the same thing. My sister and I use it together a lot.

There are many tools to communicate with 'the other side'.

Evil?? I agree with you on the 'yes and no'.

Yes in the hands and minds of people who use this tool for the wrong purposes.

No in the hands of those who are well aware of what they are doing.

I do NOT promote these tools in any way but it's too easy to say they are just EVIL.

Compare it with someone who has never drove a car and steps in to speed off! Is that dangerous? I think that it is and not only dangerous but evil as well because you can harm other people while doing that.

Let your Heart guide you in these matters then you will know what is best to do for YOU. Every individual has to walk their own Path.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld

Well basically I believe in Heaven and Hell. I dont believe some have simply failed to cross over or need guidance.

I dont use a crystal ball, Tarot cards, Ouija boards, witchcraft, etc to help people cross over.

Only God determines their fate not us. I'm sorry to disagree with you but this is what I believe.

files.abovetopsecret.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Well, that is where we disagree...I don't believe in Heaven or Hell. We move on to the next life. For those who do not---Have unfinished business. I'm not Christian, I'm Pagan...(was raised Christian for 16 years, so I do know the Bible) I do not bash people for believing in anything, I have friends of all religions. And yes I use Tarot, and witchcraft everyday... Just like someone reading a Bible everyday. To each their own.

For Simplynoone:

I would hope that there are ghosts and spirits around because my father died when I was pregnant with my first child, (his first and only grandchild.) It was very sad, and he DID HAVE UNFINISHED BUSINESS!! Also, with my sister and the rest of the family. Are you saying that my father can not see my baby?? That he cannot come to him in the night and watch him sleep and protect him?? When I go into my son's room and he is talking to the wall and obviously playing with someone...That is not my father with his grandbaby?? I would hope that it is. My mother is Christian and says that he comes to her in dreams still, and they were divorced 20 years ago. Telling her of things to come....that have happened. Go ahead and believe the Bible, but just know that you do not have an open mind...Because you only believe the scripture. Even my die hard Christian friends have more of an open mind than you.

I did not post the other comment to be bashed with religious beliefs....It was only to inform people of the best way possible to use a board. I was giving some advice. Being Positive. Thank you Graphic_View for the comment.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Hey Wonderworld, Your story is really freaky and reminds me of one of my experiences with the ouija. I have also contacted my share of spirits, entities, demons and angels.. yes thats right angels.

I started useing the ouija in my teens after a party with friends, I got invited to play and after my experience I got hooked and I decided to make one at home. I tried it out with friends and most of the time I knew they were moving it cause they just coudnt keep from smileing and laughing. There was only one of my friends that I trusted and knew well enough, and everytime he came over we would play for hours. Everytime we had a feeling we were speeking to a negative entity we kindly asked it to leave and said good bye and it would rarely come back. I think its important not to let your fear get the best of you becuase negative entities are very atracted to your energy and know they have a chance at affecting you.

The last time I played the ouija I was about 16 and asked my mother if she wanted to try, she didnt realy want to but decided to anyway to make me happy. We ended up contacting one of her dead reletives that I had never known. When I asked who we were speaking to the pointer spelled out rose, my mom looked at me weird beacuase she knew that there was no way that I would of known her since she had died 40 years before I was born and she had never mentioned her to me. We aslo contacted my uncle Robert that had passed away a few years earlier, he seemed very very far away and it took forever for him to spell out words, he said that he was in heaven and that we could never imagine how beautiful and peaceful it was. Eventually my mom got hooked too and we kept playing every weekend for hours. Once we contacted a lost soul, he told us his name and his wifes name and said that we had to call her to tell her about the money, he said that he had hidden money and that his wife needed it and gave us the phone number and the location where it was hidden. My mother didnt want to call beacause she believed that we shouldnt interfear so we told him that we were very sorry that we couldnt help and said good bye. Another time we contatcted a spirit that was actually not a spirit at all. It asked us if we loved God my mom and I both looked at each other and awsered yes, then we asked who we were speaking with and It awnsered Gabriel, I asked if he was the arc angel Gabriel and it said yes and told us that we should not be playing this game. Thats when I decided to stop playing and the next day my father burned the board in the fire pit in the back yard, Ive never touched one ever since.

Its very easy to get hooked to ouija boards and yes you can attract negative entities depending on the state of mind you or the participant is in. One good way to know right off the bat if your speaking to a negative entity or not is to notice how fast the pointer is moving, negative entities usually move fast, and the realy evil ones move at lighting speed, Positive spirits tend to be more laid back.. thats just my experience.

Also for people who are curious and want to try it out I suggest to play with people that you truly deeply love and trust, family are the best. beacuase that connection nobody can screw with not even big bad Satan himself.

peace.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by The_Crimson_King]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Crimson_King

That’s a weird one too.

There are several common factors to this!

They tell you to quit it dangerous, they are sometimes good and sometimes evil, they have a way of knowing things we don’t, on and on.

Too much for a coincidence. People who have never met or compared stories.

One thing I’m curious about is “children” our bad entity said he got his energy from children. We had a few children sleeping when using the board

I am VERY curious how many others had children or how many had none present at the time??

It’s also weird you said the super evil ones go really fast and good ones slower. Ive seen the same thing. Some cant spell good others seem brilliant.

Very odd!

Maybe the people that cant make it work dont have kids sleeping or nearby?

I had never thought of that before in those terms. It only bothered me about getting energy from them.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I don't think it is a good idea to have children exposed to this either. I have a son and I would NEVER have him near us while using it. Spirits can use their energy a lot easier than adults in my opinion. Plus children can not protect themselves like we can. They are to little to understand what is going on. And I think that they can see the spirit in the room while communicating with the board. So just in case it is a bad spirit I will tell them to leave, and my child will not be affected.

A link :
WHEN CHILDREN SEE SPIRITS

www.odysseyofthesoul.org...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

The thought of using the children as a means of energy sounds Unfathomable, doesnt it? They werent my kids, I didnt have any then. It still makes sense though.

I agree no child should be suject to this sort of thing. some may use it as an occult tool. We used it as a game. I guess they are realated.

Now I'm very curious if the people who cant make it work have NO children in the house. Wouldnt that be crazy?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
My story begins as I was in college. My girlfriend was messing around with it with a neighbor couple in the same apartment complex. She came out all excited and wanted me to join saying how wild it was. So I start fooling with it and she leaves to class or something. It begins to move around and such and we(the couple and I) ask who it is and it starts to move to numbers. I thought what the heck is it doing and thought it wasn't working, but I picked up on what was going on as soon as I saw both their faces turn white as a ghost and their body language totally change.

They did not know that I knew the girl had had an abortion recently. My girlfriend had told me about it of course and I never said anything. How the spirit told us who it was, did it by using her due date if she would have went through with the pregnancy. It was their daughter. I could verify this by the 5 or 6 communications we had with her over a period of a week or so.

One of the moments I remember most is her telling me that my sister had done the same thing as her mom, had an abortion. Well, I was not aware and the next time I saw her, about a month later, she was sad and I told her I knew about what happened and she started to cry. It was true! There were many other little things here and there. Some I forget and some I remember but this was the main thing I remember her telling about.

The spirit told her parents she was not mad or upset with them at all for the abortion and that she (I say she because the spirit told them she was going to be a girl) wanted them to name her. They did but I forget the name! A few talks later after they named her she kept spelling evil evil evil We asked what? And she told us to stop using the board that it was evil or that evil spirits use it and I have never touched one again and NEVER plan on it!!

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Sorry for the double post. But I forgot to mention that the experience peaked my curiosity and I asked my mom one day if she had messed with it before and she freaked out. She started saying PLEASE tell me your not messing with that! I proceeded to ask why and she wouldn't even talk about it and told me to drop it right then and there, that she didn't even want to think about it or she would have nightmares.

She was so adamant and worked up that I never mentioned it again.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Here is how the ouji works. I did a few tests on the ouji with my friends.

It only knows what the people playing knows. For example, I would ask if it, if it knows my middle name, it would know. I would ask it if it knew my friends middle name that is not playing, it doesn't or it would guess - which would be wrong because no one else playing knew he middle name. Some how, the ouji can tap into your subconcious and knows everything the person is playing knows. I mean everything, so it would be a good game to get a truth out from a friend of yours by making him play.

So we did another test, we fliped a quater and cover it up so no one knew if it was heads or tails, then we asked it heads or tails, it would guess, and get a 50/50 chance or getting it right, so we knew that if it didn't know the answer than it would just guess, so this shows that it can't be trustworthy.

Overall, I see no point in playing it because u may be opening a portal for a traped ghost, but other things can follow through, like non human entities or demons. I never had an experiance with a light being because I don't think they are bored enough to try to contact u, so I see no point in communicating with entities that are traped because from what I hear they are traped because a demon has a hold of them from moving on, n I don't think I want to mess with one.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by amfirst]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
reply to post by daersoulkeeper

I am safe. I am Christian and nothing bad can happen to me regarding evil entities!

Perhaps let me tell you a very brief story of my life and experience to this statement. When i was 8 years old living in taiwan me and my mother were going to the grocery store, as i passed by what looked like a insane street begger she reached her hand out at me and uttered an unknown talk (sounded like demon speak) it was vulgar sounding yet unknown. that night i had a 103 degree fever and was vomiting all night long, my mother and father were praying for me constantly and at one point my mother told me i turned to her and said "Sam's not here". My father was a missionary (a pastor) and i have been a Christian since i was able to comprehend salvation as a child, kneeling down and asking God into my heart. summary: an innocent child who loved God had evil enter him and effect him physically.

So what im saying is, real life and evil are not only not to be toyed with, but the statement that it cannot effect you because you are a Christian is false. Let us not forget the story in the bible when Job lost all his children and possessions when Satan told God he would curse God if this happened to him.

It is a true statement that you will not Die until your time is done. Knowing God is all that matters, what happens to this flesh is of no circumstance, but let us not dabble in anything occult as im glad to hear you are no longer doing...

One more experience i will share is this...i was 20 years old and i had not given up on God but i had fallen away dabbling in Sin, doing drugs, having sex, and nearly dying many times from many sinful circumstances. I had decided one night as our family was moving and driving to a new area "i was done with sin" of course thats impossible but the decision was one that was the beginning of a life changing event, something Satan did not like. That night in the hotel room i fell asleep and this is what i dreamed. I saw myself standing in a room and a mirror on the wall next to me...i stepped in front of the mirror and instead of seeing myself i saw a figure that resembled a man and a woman, with cold sunken in eyes as someone might look who has been on heroin for weeks without sleep. I was going to ask "who are you?" But i knew who it was, it was Satan. At this point i felt the essence of Fear take over my body, it was choking me, i could hardly breathe and i could not speak a word, after feeling like i was being strangled for several minutes i stuttered out the words "IN THE NAME OF JESUS I REBUKE YOU" and i immediately woke up. When i awoke standing at the foot of my bed was Satan, the same dark figure i saw in my dream. at this point the feelings of fear were completely real as i felt them in my dream, to try and put yourself in my shoes, imagine how it would feel it you awoke to a pack of wolves surrounding your bed, fangs growling and blood dripping on your forehead from your friends carcass they just feasted on, that is EXACTLY what i felt, it overtook my being and i lay their COMPLETELY PARALYZED. my father and mother were in the bed just feet away next to me and i tried to scream for help but i could not. after several minutes of him starring at me and feeling this i closed my eyes and began to pray in my mind, i told myself he cannot hurt you, you are a child of God, i began to slowly stutter "IN THE NAME OF JESUS I REBUKE YOU" and when it finally came out i shouted it at the top of my lungs and immediately the fear left and peace came over me and my father and mother awoke at the shout and came over to see what the heck just happened....

now i assure you, this was completely real, i am NOT the emotional type, and NOT the fearful type...at all... i am not easily swayed by anyone or anything, this was a real event. To those who are not religious it is easy to classify me as crazy. I assure you Satan, hell, God, heaven, it is all more real than you can imagine and it is not as you imagine it. Nor I. but i have a better idea and appreciation now of the true forces this world is being deceived and conquored by, these are the end of days. Put your trust in God alone, because the enemy can attack you despite how "holy" you may perceive yourself to be....

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I had a teacher who messed with one of those and her and her college roomates contacted a dead relative through a ouija board. later on into the experience the spirit talking through the board started saying some evil #, that the past away child wouldn't say.

they freak out and through the board back into the box and under the bed. They go to the library and see what to do. they read that you should burn it. so when they got back to the apartment the board was lying on the floor out of the box with the thing that you move around on the floor. and when they burned it it left off some evil #.

true story, it gave me chills recalling about it. i forgot about ouija boards until i saw this post. i haven't messed with one of those since i was like 13

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Ouija boards are the result of expectation,group mentality or simply your sub conscious sneaking forward.They are a toy,good for entertainment purposes on halloween or something,having a laugh with some friends...but they are as serious as an action man figure.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by Solomons]

Thank you.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join