It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Ouija Boards Evil?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
reply to post by smokehouseslim

Wow, That's not just a sad story but very freaky! The thought of how that will affect the drummers wife is Incomprehensible.

This happened back in the late 70's & it still gives me the willies, right after that she left him & he quit the band & there was all this drama for a long time. We tried to get them to confront the fact that they both had made a mistake in an effort to get them back together or at least be at peace with each other & themselves about it, but by that time I guess it was too late. He was a Deadhead & went off following the Dead full time & she wound up marrying an F.B.I. agent of all things. We continued our swath of Rock & Roll up until the time I moved away in December of 2000 ( The core of the band had been together since the spring of 73) He was actually our second drummer & was actually on the verge of being replaced when this incident happened, as he was totally into theDeadhead thing & consuming loads of '___' which oft times rendered him sort of useless. Still its something I will never forget.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Under testing they fail to offer evidence of communicating with the dead.
It's been consistently proven that they cannot provide facts.

However...
I have been involved with their use in the past. And my experience leads me to believe that they can be very damaging psychologically.

I believe they are a method for people to coordinate subconscious thoughts, and that often those thoughts are very negative. You're working within a group to provide an answer for something, and you'll combine to create that response subconsciously. We all have an innate fear of death, and what that brings is often negative.

Most sessions seem to spiral into anger and negativity, because this is a psychological fear we all have, and it's a subconscious aspect that we all share.

There is a lot about the Human mind that we don't understand, and I fully believe that we are able to effect our environment in many ways, the most predominant method being psychologically and our perceptions of our surroundings. We interpret the slightest changes as supernatural because we are closely watching for something to happen, almost willing it to.

People can be sucked into this thing as though it is real when it isn't. It's a fantasy, and when it goes bad, it drags those who now believe with it.

Even from a purely psychological point of view, when it goes bad (and they always do) you are creating a "demon" all of your own making. And because you are creating the "demon" yourself, it automatically takes on all the most horrific things your subconscious can imagine. It can literally become your own personal worst nightmare.

I would advise people to stay away from them at all cost. They are negative, and they involve aspects of Human psychology that we have no understanding of.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Who are these people doing the testing?
I am one of the few that has proven they relay SOME facts.

I was only the bystander and refused to play seeing the weird events happen, things moved, all kinds of weird things.

My original thought was they were pushing it with their fingers, after about a month they didn’t need fingers. They had a hard time keeping up with it. It moved so fast and furious it took 2 of us at times to write the letters down.

I then noticed that their fingers were ¼ inch above it. That freaked me out.

My second thought was similar to yours “Are my friends telepathic” “”Can they use their subconscious to do these things””

Some of the things that happened could not be man made or initiated in any fashion! It foretold that my brother would get hit by a car and he did, it told us where there was 1000.00 hidden behind the door molding. We found crispy old money, took it to the bank and got full face value.

The main guy we dealt with told us his name, where he was buried, names of his deceased children. We traced all this info and found it to be true. We also found he had died in the house we were living in at that time.

He did lie a lot too. I don’t believe in Ghosts, therefore he was a Demon. He knew things we could possibly never know.

Yes it gets addicting, like trying to prove a mystery. I also recommend that people stay away from them.

Whatever is happening is of a supernatural nature and Evil as well.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

you are participating in wanting undead spirits to speak to you, are you really that daft to wonder if it is good? If it is not the glorification of something holy, and you seek it, yes it is evil. obviously.

here is a motto to live by: Do you ever question a holy act or know what you did is good? you always know when you do something good and you do not question it...if you question yourself if something is right or wrong. It is clearly wrong. Now you will disagree of course because the mind in its human fallen state likes to reason wrongness and justify its actions, this is sin. welcome to the human race.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by daersoulkeeper

I'm not participating anymore we all quit years ago. I know it is evil. I wondered if others thought it was merely a ghost encounter or a Demon encounter.

I do have a slight probelm though. We all havent spoke about this subject for a long time.

Surprisingly this bad dude, or entity somehow showed up in our family tree program. I have deleted him and his name keeps coming back.

When I ordered his death certificate it jammed their fax machine for several hours. A series of unusual thing started to happen. Now all is well. No more problems.

This entity said he is able to use his energy. That part is a bit odd.

I am safe. I am Christian and nothing bad can happen to me regarding evil entities!

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by digdeep

It meant: Your die(t) ;-)

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Graphic_View

WOW, Now that freaked me out. I didnt know Ouija Boards dated back to the 1800's.

What is more freaky is the board we had was this one in that museum called
OUIJA
William Fuld
Design on wood 1917

Did they continue this board through the early 90's? It's impossible that we had a board from 1917 but that is the same picture on the front.

I'm sending that link to my friends.
Spooky!

[edit on 5-4-2009 by wonderworld]

The Fuld design was used up until the time Parker Brothers discontinued the traditional Ouija in favor of the glow-in-the-dark variety. The Ouija itself was a development of earlier divination techniques dating back to Roman times at least. In the 1800s, after the Fox family incident and the resulting interest in Spiritualism, all kinds of devices, like talking boards and spirit slates, were produced to assist in communications with the spirit world.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

reply to post by cnichols

That's creepy! Your friend wouldnt have know you sat on it.

Exactly my point. NO ONE knew I had slid it under the couch. Except me and I certainly didn't make it say that, as it actually took me a few minutes to realize what it was saying! I don't know if the Ouiji board itself is good/evil, however, I do believe that it is a tool that can be used to allow another level of conciousness (for lack of a better way of saying it) to contact us. Does it always work? Don't think so. But I'd rather not mess with it again.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by cnichols]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Nichiren

What do you mean when you say ""It meant: Your die(t)""?? I guess I didnt follow you on that?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I feel much better now, that you gave me that explanation!

You had me thinking for a bit I had some old board from 1917.

Yes I've seen those glow in the dark ones. I will never own another.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Ok so eons ago when I was about 16 ....I got pregnant ....my brother had a girlfriend who claimed to be a witch ...I was not a Christian at this time ..I knew the Lord but did not really believe in spirits etc ...or witches ...I thought that was all bs .......so she comes over one day with a board and asks me if I want to check it out ..I thought sure ..I mean it was just a stupid game (or so I thought) ...........we both put our fingers just above the thingy lol ....not touching it at all ...she asked it if anyone was there ....nothing happened ...so she asked again ....after a few times it said yes .......she asked who it was ....it said nothing .....then I asked it a question ...will my babys father come back to me (he dumped me) .....it said No ......then it went up to where it says Oujie then flew off the board ...it went flying across the room .......we went and got it and asked why did you do that .....it would not answer ...we pressed the issue and eventually it said do not play this anymore ....we asked why not ....then it said ...because GOD IS HERE ....we asked why would God be there ....and then it spelled out TO TAKE YOUR BABY FROM YOU .....at that time I freaked ..
Told her to get it out of my house ....she didnt ..so when my mom got home I asked her to please put it in her closet till that girl could come back and get it ...all that night I had nightmares until she came and got that board ..

It was scary ..........

[edit on 6-4-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cnichols

Do you want to hear something weird I just noticed about your user name.

I have a genealogy mystery Ive been working on. The guy was married to a great aunt. The guys name is Cash Nichols. See the resemblence?

They supposedely had a failed bank robbery and went to the slammer during the Great Depression.

I cant seem to find the guy listed on any Census. I only have an old photo of him.

You have a catchy username.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

If you read my previous posts you will see that same thing happened me me. It flew across the room. Very scary.

We were also told to "quit playing it is a dangerous game" These entities are liars, as well.

Sometimes they tell you truthful things but not always. God may have well intervened but the lie was he was planning to take your baby.

That is a freaky story!

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I feel much better now, that you gave me that explanation!

You had me thinking for a bit I had some old board from 1917.

Yes I've seen those glow in the dark ones. I will never own another.

Glad to hear it! My personal belief is that, barring fraud (like kids trying to spook one another), the Ouija responses can be chalked up to either one or more of the sitters subconsciously guiding the planchette, or actual psychic influence from one of the sitters. I suppose the board could attract attention from the less reputable quarters of the astral realm or other dimensions, but Occam's Razor suggests otherwise.

The glow-in-the-dark boards are sooooooo cheesy. The old ones at least had some style!

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

It was a reply to digdeep's post (tongue in cheek)

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The old board game ....

I indeed have heard nasty stories via via.

It's a long time ago I used the OUIJA board, I did between my 16th and the last time when I was 22 years old.

Never had a really bad experience myself, only positive ones. I don't believe when using the board aportal will be opened for Demons, but when people are IN the board game they take their unconsious with them along with their fears, hopes, ideas about life and death and so on.

The only portal that opens via a board game is a portal (IF one can call it portal that is) in o'ne's own subconsiouness. When there is a tiny opening EVERYTHING (in forms of energy) can come through.

So, it's NOT a GAME really. It is something serious and has to be done by the proper rituals and fearless (ppl knowing WHAT they do) people.

I have had contact with me grandma that way, she died when I was 12 years old and at that time tried to visit me but I was too young and too scared to understand then. After my grandfather died I tried to contact him but got my grandma 'on line'.

I stopped using the board because of different reasons, one was that the board only had Western letters, symbols. Language is a tool used often by the Spirit World but not always in Western language. I found it to be a poor tool that missed a lot of details in communicating with those who passed the border of our current Dimension.

Warnings to use this kind of game is evident!! The outcome is easily influenced by drugs of ANY kind: alcohol, pills, etc.

IF anyone wants to try this go to a proper Ouija Master, don't just fool around with it.

Peace!

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I agree it was God intervening and that what it said was a lie ..I knew God would not take my baby .......and at that time I actually thought to myself ..God is warning me to not play with stuff like this ...(thats why it all happened so I would be to afraid to mess with anything like that again ) ...
God supernaturally protected me through so many things ..even before I knew him ....as I look back now I see that that day was one of them ...I bet the spirits were not given permission to mess with me because that girl said she had been playing with that board for ever with many different people and that had never happened to anyone else ..just me ...

I tell everyone ..satan is just DIEING for you to allow him entrance into your life (and he certainly uses PEOPLE and THINGS to do just that ) ..he waits for you to open that door of permission for him to come and enter your life ....once you open that door for him ...he comes in and then you have HELL getting him to go away .....once you realize what on earth you have gotten yourself into ..it is not near as easy to make him leave as it was for you to ask him to come ........................
He lingers around lurking to get you to fall anyway ...inviting him to come (calling up spirits) is pure stupidity ..and is just playing with fire .and you will GET BURNED .....so please leave him alone ...RESIST the temptation to play with him ..and he will FLEE FROM YOU >....he will lose interest knowing that your not gonna fall for his slick ways of sucking you of your life and your soul ..............................

Just as you are not supposed to TEMPT the Lord God ...you should not TEMPT satan either ...because he is just as real as God is and he will not hesitate to take you up on it ......and will suck you in and take you down ...spiritually and physically ........then destroy not only this life you have but also the life to come ...(he is a theif and a liar and a robber so dont forget that )

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Melyanna Tengwesta

I agree that""When there is a tiny opening EVERYTHING (in forms of energy) can come through. ""

Evil doesnt need a board game, that's for sure.

I also recommend it should come with a warning. I also suggest people dont use them period.

Whether Conscience, subconscious, supernatural or whatever it is bad to the core.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Yes Satan know he only has a limited amount of time to cause as much chaos as possible!

He is in overdrive! Yet so subtle and manipulative at times.

Like the saying goes "The flesh is weak and the spirit is strong" We need to hold on to that strength.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
First of all it is hard for me to understand that you believe in demons, but not ghosts?? Why? Just because someone has not crossed over, does not mean that they are evil. Some are spirits that have unfinished business here on Earth.

Do I believe that Ouija boards are evil?? Yes and No.

Before you use a board of any type, you need to make sure that you have a clear mind as well as an open one. And you need to open a circle of white light around you to protect yourself and others from any evil spirits. You can not allow them in, otherwise you will have a bad experience. You need to say aloud "No evil shall come here." (or something along those lines) Psychic Circle Board is what I have always used, and is pretty much the same thing. My sister and I use it together a lot.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join