It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Ouija Boards Evil?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

No, I don't see Ouija boards as evil -- in fact, I've never found them to actually work as the box states.

It's all based on the people who use it at the time.

I tried this years ago with a bunch of mates who thought it was real and ghosty, etc. They asked questions and so on, and it answered by moving about -- albeit only with peoples' fingers on it.

Anyway, I wasn't convinced so I asked a question and it answered it - but I already knew the answer. So I asked a question I didn't know the answer to and it answered, but it didn't seem right. I then stopped touching the pointy thing and asked a question which I did know the answer to and it got it wrong. I then held my hands behind my back and asked how many fingers was I holding out, and it got it wrong 2 out of 2 times.

My friends tried to say I needed to 'touch' the pointy thing so that my energy helped the spirits, etc. Rubbish. It's all down to unconscious direction and expectation.

While I do believe in ghosts and spirits, I certainly don't believe in them communicating through a Ouija board. It's mostly down to cold reading - kind of like that muppet John Edwards

So personally, no, I don't believe Ouija boards are evil -- unless the people using them are. For a Quija board to actually work and prove to me it was real - have the spirits move the pointy thing on their own. That'd be pretty nifty!

[edit on 7-4-2009 by noonebutme]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
i remember speaking with a African dude that claimed to be 23,000 years old, who knows if the thing was really working , but the experience wasn't negative. it just freaked us out cause the age and location of the being we spoke too made us relize that pre-historic beings were willing to try to communicate with us...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
as ecvil as masterbation spilling your seed to the ground ahahahhaha evil like birth control if you want to not be evil become homeless and lve in the forest

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by werk71

But how do you know that was really who you were talking to and not the fabrication of something in the mind of one of the people using the pointy thing?

I'm not saying they were intentionally deceiving you or trying to make up lies or anything -- but when I used it, whatever I thought of as an answer to a question, the pointy thing seemed to lead to the letters/numbers or yes/no symbols that correspond to my thoughts, which told me it was unconsciously controlled by the participant(s).

That's the thing that really leads me to think it isn't really an outside influence as it's people controlling/interacting with the pointer.

But I'm not criticising you, just posing the question.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme
reply to post by werk71

But how do you know that was really who you were talking to and not the fabrication of something in the mind of one of the people using the pointy thing?

I can't speak for others but the last O-board communication I had, I 'felt' it was my grandma 'talking'. Strange thing is we were with 4 of us, and taped the whole thing (1982). Later listening to the tape, just before we made 'contact' there was a sound of someone walking in with a tick of wood. My granddad used to walk with a cain in the last year before his death. Odd eh?

One of the 4 was a friend from originally Surinam, he had a spirit guide who helped him with these readings.
I wanted to contact mne granddad but got me grandma, she told us granddad was there present but couldn't communicate himself because he just had gone over. At the end, it took about half an hour all together before her energy faded, she gave me a message, a warning.

She said if my boyfriend back then and me didn't stop using heroine it would cost us our love, our relationship and one of us would die.

THAT WAS THE LAST TIME I DID THE O-BOARD. WHY? Because I took that warning quite serious.

Not even 3 years later my friend and me ended our relationship, I left him because I got pregnant by someone else, he shot himself when I was 5 months pregnant.

So, once again, do not 'play' with stuff like this. It 'can' give you answers you don't want to hear or ready to hear. It's deff. NOT a GAME!!!

[edit on 4/7/2009 by Melyanna Tengwesta]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
This is a really creepy thing to read right now...

I've never personally messed with one but I think that its possible that demons talk to some people through them. I think if I ever messed with one I would be one of those people. This is why I don't even bother. There are a few things I get a bad feeling from and Ouija Boards are one of them.

I would suggest that anyone thinking of messing with that not do it. Find another way to pass time...

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by oliverbutt.

Wow, See we have another incident where the entity says to quit playing.

My friends and I kept playing, however I never touched it only observed. He told us he couldnt physically hurt us only do other weird things.

The day we quit playing and moved from that house is because my friend was in her bedroom screaming "help me get me out of here"

I ran in to the bedroom and she was laying on the bed with.Her boyfriend was trying to pull her off the bed. He couldnt do it.

She is petite. She said something was laying on her. We all felt an extreme evil pressence in the room.

That was it after play that game for 2 years we packed up our stuff, left and never touched the board again.

There is so much more to say but would take forever.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimnal
as ecvil as masterbation spilling your seed to the ground ahahahhaha evil like birth control if you want to not be evil become homeless and lve in the forest

WTF???

Damn, didn't see that coming!

What the hell do you mean?

You advise people to live in forest so they do not masterbate onto ground for birth control?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by amfirst

I agree a Demon is there.

I’m too sure I believe in ghosts though. Our evil entity knew things we did not.

He told us where to find old hidden money in the house, too much to mention at the moment.

I was able to verify through records that a man by this name did exist . He lived in that same house and died in 1920.

I have documents to prove it. I also agree it should never be used! It is dangerous. No doubt!

I was only the observer I never touched it. I was scared to. Things I saw were supernatural in nature.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by oliverbutt.

My friend had night terrors for a few years after we quit playing. she would never remember what they were about.

She would actually sit up screaming with her eyes opened. It was almost impossible to wke her up.

They are gone away now. Thank God.

The only affect it had on me was having more faith in God. Once I experienced such an evil entity I knew without doubt there was a God.

I'm still curious why it told all or most of us to quit playing.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by daersoulkeeper

I love you yelling "IN THE NAME OF JESUS I REBUKE YOU” It gets that Bast### everytime! I have also done the same and agree it works. I also have had to add to it simply by saying “Get thee behind me Satan” and he will leave.

Ive been on those dabbling sinning trips myself and noticed these are the toughest times to Rebuke him. He is not a fraction as powerful as God. I say this as not to glorify Satan as superior to God.

He thinks he is though. I give him no power. I had a friend once who “called Satan out” I told him he was nuts to attempt this. He was quite normal before but after he did this he went to the psych unit for 2 weeks.

He’s fine again and knows better than to do that!

You have a point, that just because I’m a Christian Satan cant work on me. His days are numbered.

I’m expecting a lot more occult type activities increasing, especially since we are witnessing the birth of the NWO..

I dont claim to be a saint I still go out dancing and tie one one now and then. I'm still a Christian. No one is perfect, as we were all born sinners.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Hmm. See, as I don't believe in any of that stuff, it doesn't affect me. It's interesting how one's perception really affects one's reality.

I mean, the whole Ouija thing did nothing for me. When we mucked about with it, it told us when we were going to die (dates long expired), when we would have kids (dates long expired) what i would be doing for a job (not true), my twin brother's name (I don't have one) and so on. For me, nothing was accurate or even remotely true unless there was a blanket statement like, "You will own a car before the age of 60" or, "You will have a dog who you will like and take for walkies". Or I mentally thought about the answer, to which the pointer "magically" pointed out the answer or same thought.

But i think if you are into that sort of stuff and believe in it, then your own mind will guide you towards those answers or truths or paths to follow.

As for the nasty old devil, well, all I know is many times when I was younger I've said, "Satan, if you're there, I'll do X if you help me with Y" and never once did any of it happen. I'm not talking money or cars - my requests were far less material and more personal.

And that's why nothing ever happened for me like that - I don't believe in God or Satan or demons or angels. I believe in energy, so perhaps (I hope!) when we pass on our energy continues in one form or another, or maybe in some cases it manifests itself as some lingering spirit. But i dont think it uses the Quija boards to chat.

I think people are pretty safe to use them, in of themselves. It's your own mind that shapes your perception of reality so if you believe in demons and evil and original sin and all that stuff, then I guess you'll see it. (shrug)

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

You say "Satan, if you're there, I'll do X if you help me with Y" and never once did any of it happen.”

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but he did do something to you. You are wearing a tin hat with devil horns. I think you made a friend with him. It’s almost scary!

What you describe with the deceptions you experienced, I find that to be accurate. The entity on the other side is a liar. I’ve encountered the same lies.

I was however able to prove lots of what it said to be true. Some on here never believed in Demons and God, until they played and came into contact with an evil force.

Their conclusion is if there is a Satan there must be a God. It has made a believer out of many.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Hey wonderworld, Im curious to know what the demon said hell was like.
Care to share?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I still think your tinny needs those horns flattened. That is only my opionion. I can squish them for you if you like?

I could step on them, huh???

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Crimson_King

Yes, I'll tell you what he said Hell was like.

You must remember that this entity was sometimes truthful and also lied.

Here is what he said. First we asked him why he went to hell. He said "I stole bad money and reputation" He also asked us to pray for him.

We later learned he one the most EVIL entity we had ever encountered but not at this time.

When we asked what hell is like he said " I'm thirsty and I cant drink, I'm cold and cant get warm, I see a woman and I cant have her, I'm hungry and I cant eat"

He also said "Hell is being earthbound" I think this was a lie.

I did howver proove he lived at our house and died in 1920 and many other facts.

I hope that answers your question. I hope you see both sides of the coin. If he was lying he may be in fact in fire and Brimstone, eternal Hell as the Bible describes.

I believe the Bible.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I've tried to open up gateways meet demons, angels or whatever possibly wants to play with me.

Just looking to meet the paranormal or anything from the other side and never ever have I had 1 thing happen ever with Ouija boards.

My conclusion, 16years of straight play with these things and I won't even say play more like attempts with nada, zip, zulch.

I give up, I should burn the damn thing and I will use it in another ritual of some kind calling on the demons. But you see they never come and perhaps it's because I don't believe in them.

How can I?
After all I have never seen one,
Felt one, heard one, or tasted one.

At least that I remember, maybe in my dreams.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ShowMeEvil

I think it is a great idea to burn the thing! We tried once and believe it or not it refused to burn. We had a hot fire going too.

We ended up wiping the soot off and kept playing. Stupid us!

A question has came up as a possible theory. Our evil entity said he got his energy from children. I wonder how many people has children asleep in the house when it was working compared to those that didn’t.

I would attempt to borrow any nieces or nephews to practice with though. No child should be exposed to this.

I also wouldn’t recommend calling out the demons!

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I believe there are a lot of natural forces at work that we have not yet explained. Some of these energies have intelligence. That does not make them evil. Humans have a tendency to be afraid of what we don't understand, then out of fear we destroy it. I am personally curious about demons, What if they are friendly and just want to communicate with us?

Peace
Trustnobody

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by trustnobody

The guy I'm talking about was extremely intelligent.

Trust me I was the observer and never touched the game. I saw what was capble.

He was pure evil. If you read through the threads you will see how powerful he was and what he did. Several of of seen this.

It was not imagined, we didnt use drugs. It was very real.

Now I'm wondering if anyone ever played while on drugs. That would be a bad combination, either or is bad though.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join