It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Ouija Boards Evil?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

It's a weird communication port isnt it?

I wouldnt want to speak to these THINGS on the phone.. I dont like close encounters. I just watch all the weird sh## happen when they played.

I never put my hand on the thing. It's too creepy.

I suppose watching and being in the same room is also considered a close encounter.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

How are you sure that whatever told you to stop using the board was the entity? My guess is that something good actually intervened, kicked the evil entity off the board, and told you to stay away for your protection.

I do believe that entities are composed of high concentrations of energy. Perhaps they are a state of matter beyond our comprehension. With that said, it's quite possible that an electrical being could affect your family tree program as you mentioned.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MEAT10AF

Yes it could have been a good entity that told us to quit playing? We thought it was this Johnson guy talking.

There was also a nice old Indian guy that told old jokes. We didnt understand them.

The whole thing is weird and a mystery. I do know that most on there are bad, one in particular!

[edit on 5-4-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Ouija boards are another way in trying to channel and contact other entities from other realms and dimensions.

It's the same concept as one doing occult magic and spells to summon demons and spirits.

I know they exist, and that Ouija boards ARE a direct communication.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Perhaps the Indian guy and any other seemingly harmless entities were actually the disguises of one evil entity.

The evil entity knew that, if it was the only entity you encountered with the board, you would be less likely to use it again. Thus, it assumed other seemingly peaceful identities in order to keep you coming back to the board.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

Ive also considered them to be an occult type magic, encouraging demons and spirits to come.

That's exactly what happened to us.

At first it was so facinating! It was also a slow manipulation to get you hooked. then to realize you are dealing with a Demon.

It's hard to stop when he tells you where to find hidden old money in the walls and tell what hell is like.

As I said earlier these entities lie. Our main dude said he drew his energy from children.

If you read my earlier posts. I investigated this guy and traced him through old county records and traced him to the house we lived in.

He died in 1920, born in 1858. I posted all the death certificates to verify.

Some were truths and some were lies.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Not exactly. The Indian was always nice. Johnson made himself known.

You do have a point though. Johnson wouldn’t get on several times when we asked if he was there, yet others would communicate.

I never thought of that theory! It could be correct. It just never crossed my mind. There are some wise thinkers on her with good possibilities.

I never played only watched. Very creepy!

Then what is to say if one can get on why not others? Johnson did lie a lot.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Here's the thing: If an evil entity were to pose as a peaceful one, it would not attempt to scare you.

Instead, the entity will get a rush from the fact that it has decieved you and has you in its grasp.

Another thing is that a peaceful guise can act as an excellent lure. You may of dispised an obviously evil entity. You, however, probably wouldn't mind speaking to an entity again if it seemed peaceful.

Thus, even if an evil entity assumes a guise of goodness, it, in its mind, can still take great pleasure in seeing you fall for its trickery.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Your are wise. Yes if someone got on there and scared you the first time you wouldn’t get back on.

This was a slow build up to get acquainted with this guy. Just a fun game that we thought contacted dead people. We didn’t learn how evil he was until we got to know him.

He also didn’t reveal any powers until he knew us better. Then SHTF. He could make objects move, turn a 360 make you cold, etc.

We once tried to burn the board and it wouldn’t burn. I doubt anyone would believe this but it’s true.

There are too many things to list in one comment. I like how you say “a peaceful guise can act as an excellent lure. You may of despised an obviously evil entity” Yes he was evil.

I even went to the cemetery and found his grave. I have the pics on my computer. I don’t believe in Ghosts so therefore I conclude he is a Demon possibly pretending to be Johnson.

A guy who died in our house in 1920.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
When I was about 16 years old a friend of mine pulled one out of his basement. None of us had ever messed with one before but we had all heard stories about em so we wanted to put it to the test. We asked it a bunch of dumb questions yes/no answer stuff and after a few it was moving pretty fast across the board so it was decided that we should ask it a more specific question , we asked it if it knew a friend of mines moms name. I knew but the 2 guys running the board didn't , off the little viewer goes..R..U..B..Y.. Holy Crap!! I said that's his moms name! We asked a few more questions and its coming up with the right answers , this goes on and were all laughing having a good time when somebody remembers hearing that your not supposed to use it by yourself. Well I decided I was gonna try it out , cause im kinda dumb like that. I forget what I asked it but that doesn't matter because what I got was a sensation of being ripped out of my body head first into the board as it turned into a tunnel , not exactly what i saw but thats the best I can describe it. And it felt evil , I don't know if you've ever felt what its like to be in the presence of hardcore biblical style evil but ...... count yourself blessed if you haven't . Thats what I felt . I threw board off my lap and have never so much as come near one since. So to answer your question " Are weegee boards evil " In and of themselves no there not, but when you give any and all entities that might hear your question license to answer it , you're going to get your answers from whatever things you might attract IE negative person/negative entities , positive person/positive entities . From the stories Ive heard it seems to be vastly more oriented to the negative tho, so they might not be evil but there probably not a good idea eather.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I had a friend years ago whose wife was born on Halloween at exactly 12am. Anyways we all played in a band together & on one weekend off we decided to have a party & cook out & such, & afterwards he said "My wife can work the Ouija Board really well. So we broke it out. Now no one knew what I'm about to tell but me, our drummers girlfriend had an abortion, & like I said I was the only one to know this information. Anyways someone asked it if any of us had Guardian Angels around us who watched over us, we did this in turns & everyone had some spirit either family members or friends who had passed away (We knew this because we asked for names of the guardian spirits) who the board said yes about someone watching over us. When it was our Drummers turn without thinking he put his finger tips on the boards oracle with our friends wifes fingers & asked if he to had a "Guardian Spirit" It said "Yes" but when he asked the name of the spirit, it spelled out "I have no name" he asked why & the board spelled out "Because I was never born" Man it freaked everyone out & our drummer & his girlfriend went running out the door crying. Well they came back in & told the rest of the people there the truth about the abortion. Man that was sooooooooooooo freaky, to this day it gives me chill bumps.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by smokehouseslim]

[edit on 6-4-2009 by smokehouseslim]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I believe Ouija boards work purely because of the ideomotor effect. I do not believe that there is any risk of demons, evil spirits or Lucifer hurting you after using a Ouija board.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by zer0pro

I can't remember what the tv show was called, but what you said about being sucked into the board, well feeling like you were, is a lot like a movie I watched once.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Well I have never used a board myself, and I never intend too. I see enough people and animals out of the corner of my eyes to know they are there. I dont want to talk to them thank you.

If a spirit is guarding you they do so from where ever they goto after death. The ones around us are definitely not to be messed with.
I know this because I lost my father 2 years ago. He visits me in my dreams and watches over me from wherever he is. I know it is him because I have no control over him in my dreams. I am a lucid dreamer, which means I control my dreams while I am in them.

There are safe ways to contact the dead and there are unsafe ways. A board is an extremely unsafe way, which invites unwanted attention from the bad things out there. Not always, just a high chance of it.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
reply to post by jfj123

Ive got a wonderful idea. How about we be friends instead of argue all day about a peice of cardboard that talks.?

Sounds good to me. Are you up to it? I do love to argue though, at times.
Sometimes I win and sometimes I lose.

If you'll notice, my last post was not really argumentative, just speculative that the board itself is not necessary for the process, if there is indeed a process.

I also too the opportunity to explain that I support what you're saying by letting you know that I have seem some pretty strange things myself.

There have been some pretty strange things that have happened throughout history that seem to defy explanation.

Let me give you a personal experience as an example.
About 6 years ago, I was giving a remodeling quote to a client. As we walked through her house, my business partner and myself saw a painting of a child hanging over a mantel. The owner explained that the painting was very old and was a death portrait of a child-one of her ancestors, and it had been in her family for well over a hundred years and she had the painting for her entire adult life. The painting was so spooky, I can clearly remember it to this day in great detail.

A few months ago, while watching Ghost Hunters, I saw the EXACT painting in an episode. It was in another state and the owner of the building claimed it had been in attic of his building, almost since the day it was painted which also would have been well over 100 years ago.

same painting, only 1 was painted, 2 locations....
Kinda weird

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by juiellineau
The Bible warns us in Deut.18:10-12, "there should not be found in you anyone who.........consults a spirit medium,employs divination,practices majic, or a professional foreteller of events or enquires of the dead"
The reason God condems this practice is becuase he is knows the origin of those who repy. The answer is Satan and his cohorts (demons). They hate humans and are bent on bringing about disaster to any who listen to them. They may pose as a dead loved one whom they have observed when that person lived so as to have personal knowlegde of that one. However the Bible is quite clear that as Eccl. 9:5 says "the dead are conscience of nothing" also Ezikiel 18:4 " the soul that is sinning, it itself will die".
So you are not communicating with dead people you are talking with evil demons who hate you and are detirmined to see that you suffer destuction and lose any favor you have with God. burn or destroy all spiritistc material you have like the Ephesians did in Acts 19:19 "Quite a number of those who practiced magical arts brought their books together and burned themup before everybody. and thy calculated together the prices of them and found them worth 50,000 pieces of silver"
God wants to proect us from harm he's not trying to hide something of value. Trust Him.
my two cents

I always read people quoting the bible and denying that divination was part of the norm for God fearing individuals...here are a few examples that illustrate this:

In Genesis 44:5, Joseph's household manager refers to a silver drinking cup "...in which my lord drinketh and whereby indeed he devineth". Later, Joseph accuses his brothers of stealing the cup, saying "that such a man as I can certainly divine [the identity of the thieves]". These passages show that Joseph engaged in scrying. This is an ancient occultic method of divination in which a cup or other vessel is filled with water and gazed into. This technique of foretelling the future was used by Nostradamus and is still used today.

Numbers 5:12-31 describes a ritual of black magic that the Priest would perform on a woman if her husband suspected that she he had committed adultery. Verse 17 says: "Then he shall take some holy water in a clay jar and put some dust from the tabernacle floor into the water.." She and her husband would go, with an offering of barley meal, to the tabernacle. The priest would make a magical drink consisting of holy water and sweepings from the tabernacle floor. He would have the woman drink the water while he recited a curse on her. The curse would state that her abdomen would swell and her thigh waste away if she had committed adultery. Otherwise, the curse would have no effect. If she were pregnant at this time, the curse would certainly induce an abortion. Yet nobody seems to have been concerned about the fate of any embryo or fetus that was present. There was no similar magical test that a woman could require her husband to take if she suspected him of adultery.

This one is my favorite as it was referenced in the book "The Alchemist"

The Urim and Thummim were two objects mentioned in Numbers 27:21 and 1 Samuel 28:6 of the Hebrew Scriptures. They were apparently devices (perhaps in the form of flat stones) that the high priest consulted to determine the will of God. They might have worked something like a pair of dice.

Elisha was on his way to Bethel. Some small boys came out of the city and made fun of him because of his lack of hair; they called him "baldy". In a violent display of the power of black magic, Elisha cursed the children in the name of God. Two bears, apparently prompted by God, came out of the forest and tore 42 of the boys to shreds. The implication is that the children were all murdered. See 2 Kings 2:23-24.

Lots -- pieces of wood or stone with markings -- were used to determine the will of God. They were similar to dice. See: Numbers 26:55; Proverbs 16:33 Proverbs 18:18.

Daniel, the prophet, was employed for many years in Babylon as the chief occultist to the king. He was supervisor "of the magicians, astrologers, Chaldeans and soothsayers". See Daniel 5:11.

I think that divination has been an important part of scripture and history and many people have used various forms to the same end. Divination is not an absolute, but I believe that it is a doorway into that realm of common universal knowledge.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by smokehouseslim

Wow, That's not just a sad story but very freaky! The thought of how that will affect the drummers wife is Incomprehensible.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

That is a scary story. I wonder how that could be possible. I'm in to genealogy.

If you check my profile page you will see my photos. I also have a young child named Charles who died at age 5 in a Detroit apartment complex in 1912. Very sad.

In the photo named Attic/bar/gameroom you will see lots of old dead relative pics hanging on the wall behind the bar. I love it. It contains so much history.

It creeps my teenagers out. Even though we have drums, music, and games they dont like going in the attic. The house is new, not a creepy old attic.

The pics are what gets to them. they ask "mom why do you hang dead people pictures up.

I hope there arent 2 of little Charles somewhere!

I liked your approach when getting your point across. It was blunt but not insultive. I appreciate that. Thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join