It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Artifacts On The Moon? Images from Russian Luna Probes!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Very interesting Mike as usual. However I have to agree with some others, at this point the most logical thing is to assume it is man made. Yes it is unlikely that it fell from a satellite or something but that is more likely then being an Alien Artifact. I think we need to take into consideration that at the very least it does resemble things that are man made so it is not far out to use that in determining what this could be.

Either way keep up the good work Mike, I love to see your posts. I am a believe but I am just tired of getting disappointed so I am trying to be more realistic.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

We've been to the moon.
Lets see some photos from somewhere we haven't contaminated.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
If debris from the Luna 13 soft landing can be ruled out...could it be remnants from the Luna 8? This craft failed and crashed into the Oceanus Procellarum (Sea of Storms).

Hi Kandinsky! Good point. But let's see the dispersion between Luna 8 and 13...

Luna 08 USSR Dec 65 > 09:08N 63:18W

Luna 13 USSR Dec 66 > 18:52N 62:03W

That's miles apart!

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
That circular piece of machinery is actually a toast rack as pictured in ancient sumerian drawings.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by KIRKSTERUK]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The first pic looks more like a drill bit or boring bit to me. Everyone keeps saying that it seems to be part of a lander, probe or rover. What do these things just fall off the mechanism? I don't think so. If so where is the rest of it? I know that several probes have crashed but there would be much more debris and a crater would there not? If it was left behind by a manned mission where is the footprints and soil disturbance? Unless it was there for a very very long time this disturbance would still be there in my mind.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by timewalker]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60
I also know that this is just an idea, and it may be crazy. But I think it is very possible that there have been missions to the Moon that have been kept secret. And the resemblance between the artifact and the Lunokhod antenna IS striking.

Ahh ziggy! That's the type of stuff that's right up my alley!!
You know I love conspiracies!!

You may be spot on. We don't know what the heck's really going on behind the scenes! Could very well be parts of a failed landing that's been kept under wraps!

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by underpassdweller Similarly, I've wondered why our military satellites can supposedly ID a single person through 35 miles of polluted atmosphere here on earth yet they can't take a single decent hi-res picture of the moon. There's an obvious explanation for your bewilderment. You've confused Hollywood's 'Enemy of the State' (Will Smith) with reality. Such resolution remains physically impossible, while making some people (eg, bin Laden) THINK it's possible has tactical advantages).

Nevertheless, anyone can use satellite view on Google Maps and easily distinguish their car in the driveway of their house - seems anything the size of the lunar lander or bigger would be extremely easy to ID.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

A few of these look like they could easily be interesting rock formations but I'm no expert on lunar geology. However the wheel and axle and some of the others are truly odd and unexplained. Unexplained but not necessarily built by aliens, still one has to wonder what they are

Still, the moon has filled man's heart with mystery for centuries untold, I'd love to think there could be something incredible waiting to be discovered on that crater covered surface...

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
Obtaining good images of the entire spacecraft, to see how much junk is thrown onto the surface during the landing operation, can be illuminating.

Both google and the 'yandex' Russian search engine are helpful, especially if you search using the cyrillic for the probe, and its sister ship Luna-9.

here's what I found:

Image of debris-strewn moonscape
www.mentallandscape.com...

Actually, if you take a look at this picture, you can see a part which looks to be almost identical to the 'Piece' in the first picture, IMHO.

Actually, scratch that, I've just noticed that your second picture IS in fact a crop of this picture.

It would seem your question on that picture has been answered, no?

J

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by underpassdweller
Nevertheless, anyone can use satellite view on Google Maps and easily distinguish their car in the driveway of their house

That's because Google uses satellite combined with aerial photography.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
reply to post by easynow

Hi easynow! Good find!
But as kryties mentioned above, these don't resemble the 'wheel' on the probe. Take a look...

Firstly, check out the 'antiquity' of the wheel. It looks hundreds of years old. Pretty weathered!

Secondly, the part on the probe does not have any discs.

Thirdly, the Moon artifact has a single spindle/axle.

But most important is the condition of that 'wheel' artifact that looks pretty old and corroded and partly covered with a layer of Moon dust.

Cheers!

Does kind of resemble it but how did just that part remain there ? Where is the rest of the craft that it used to be attached to? It's not like there is a ton of wind blowing these things around up there.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

That looks like an auger bit. Any reason not to think it is a part from the spacecraft that either broke off or was intended to disconnect upon landing?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
the lunar soil is dirty so anything coming off one of our missions would look "old" as soon as it picked up all that dust.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

The three disk shaped oject reminds me of a Crankshaft. Although I have never seen one with three wieghts but some reason thats what pops into my head

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Originally posted by Kandinsky
If debris from the Luna 13 soft landing can be ruled out...could it be remnants from the Luna 8? This craft failed and crashed into the Oceanus Procellarum (Sea of Storms).

Hi Kandinsky! Good point. But let's see the dispersion between Luna 8 and 13...

Luna 08 USSR Dec 65 > 09:08N 63:18W

Luna 13 USSR Dec 66 > 18:52N 62:03W

That's miles apart!

Cheers!

How many miles?

This site cites coordinates of Luna 13 as...

Luna 13 soft lands on the Moon surface at 18.87 degrees north, 62.05 degrees west in the Oceanus Procellarum

This site cites coordinates of Luna 8 as...

9°8' north latitude and 63°18' west longitude

This NASA and this site differs again

Looking at this image of the Moon, the landing sites aren't a thousand miles apart. If the distance that separates them isn't too great, it could be that the objects are simply Luna debris. My instincts say that it's artificial debris. If you indicate that the landing sites are way too removed from each other it would become even more interesting.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3fca099e53d7.jpg[/atsimg] Luna 8

The retroburners failed and the trajectory and speed of impact could have thrown pieces of Luna 8 some distance. If we can rule it out because of extreme distance it'll be even more interesting

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
For the first picture:

" Removed from the station are two coils ejected as the station
opens up."

You can read this in this NASA file: Luna 13 is on the moon

Do a "luna 13" search on ATS, it has all been discussed.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Similarly, I've wondered why our military satellites can supposedly ID a single person through 35 miles of polluted atmosphere here on earth yet they can't take a single decent hi-res picture of the moon.

There's an obvious explanation for your bewilderment. You've confused Hollywood's 'Enemy of the State' (Will Smith) with reality. Such resolution remains physically impossible, while making some people (eg, bin Laden) THINK it's possible has tactical advantages).

Oh, so from that comment, I'm assuming that you know what the capabilities are, of our top secret spy satelites are then?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Very, very intriguing...S&F.

I'm on the fence as to whether it came from Earth or from somewhere else. While I'm familiar with most of the purported activities taking place (or that have taken place) on the moon, this isn't something that has made me jump in my seat.

Show me the far side. And all of it.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Similarly, I've wondered why our military satellites can supposedly ID a single person through 35 miles of polluted atmosphere here on earth yet they can't take a single decent hi-res picture of the moon.

There's an obvious explanation for your bewilderment. You've confused Hollywood's 'Enemy of the State' (Will Smith) with reality. Such resolution remains physically impossible, while making some people (eg, bin Laden) THINK it's possible has tactical advantages).

outright misinformation.

I remember in the 70s my dad showing me a national geographic detailing a satellite image that could zoom from space into the cell structure of a hand. So you are misinformed or BSing.

The ONLY reason NAZA does not allow images like this is because they KNOW there is no bloody flag up there - and the ETs that own the moon (craft) have made it loud and clear their moon is not property of the NAZA UZA.

I'm sorry but the more I read about you and your posts the more suspect you seem, astronaut expert or not, you should know better than to come to ATS with the "If it's in a movie - it can never happen in real life" BS. Which brings me to ask exactly WHY you are on a conspiracy site in the 1st place?

wZn

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I don't think any of us will know exactly what it is for sure. We must all keep in mind that it isn't easy as 1-2-3 to identify things, especially in space. Although our technology has advanced beyond any thing we could have possibly imagined in the past, we still don't have sufficient advancement with our telescopes that we use to gaze into the great beyond. Also keep in mind that objects can cast shadows and manipulate in appearance as some thing different... these are obviously not natural-looking things but you never know, it could also be a hoax or remnants of satellite debris. Keep in mind that we have literally hundreds of satellites that orbit the Earth and that not all of them can avoid being hit by asteroids and such. Very interesting though, if you hear any thing further about it I would be interested to hear what you've got to say!

-Risingsun

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join