It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 Protests: London Protesters Threaten Bankers, Evoke Executions

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by A55A551N

You're quite right. And that's why I dislike those people protesting in London today. I just don't think they have a point.

Protesting for the sake of protesting is exceptionally retarded... the city of London lost a lot of money today in policing costs etc that the taxpayer (ie me) will have to bear.

I didn't complain when people protested against the Iraq war, because they had a point.

I didn't complain when people protested against the bailouts or stimulus, because they had a point.

I didn't complain when people protested against Bush's visit, because they had a point.

However the rag-tag bunch in London at the moment have absolutely no point. They are either protesting for no reason whatsoever or are waiting to begin rioting in greater numbers. I despise the rioters as much as I despise those who smash up MacDonalds restaurants on May the 1st each year.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by A55A551N

Where in the world did I group these morons commiting violent acts of 'demonstration' and those who're there to protest peacefully via the fact they've lost jobs or someone in their family has, together?

Not once did I even INCITE or IMPLICATE The idea that they're one in the same and throughout this entire thread I have said -- YES -- There's blatantly trouble-makers on the scene but (this time around) it has been a MINORITY.

You have a group of "Anarchists"/Anti-Whatever IDIOTS trying to incite violence and get their point(s) across in other manners.

You have a MUCH LARGER group of extremely peaceful protestors, fighting for their right to freedom as much as the reasons of protests.

You'll get this at every Demonstration/Protest.

But please, don't put words in my mouth...

you put them in your own mouth- I responded to your point that this is a march by people on behalf of their parents who have lost jobs, you then quoted my post and mentioned that bank attack.

People who have lost jobs would lose EVEN more if the people who carry these sorts of banners had their way- the irony is too much

news.sky.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer

You're quite right. And that's why I dislike those people protesting in London today. I just don't think they have a point.

Protesting for the sake of protesting is exceptionally retarded... the city of London lost a lot of money today in policing costs etc that the taxpayer (ie me) will have to bear.

I didn't complain when people protested against the Iraq war, because they had a point.

I didn't complain when people protested against the bailouts or stimulus, because they had a point.

I didn't complain when people protested against Bush's visit, because they had a point.

However the rag-tag bunch in London at the moment have absolutely no point. They are either protesting for no reason whatsoever or are waiting to begin rioting in greater numbers. I despise the rioters as much as I despise those who smash up MacDonalds restaurants on May the 1st each year.

well said!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
And the "Stop the War" Coalition have just arrived @ Trafalgar Sq.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Where in the world did I group these morons commiting violent acts of 'demonstration' and those who're there to protest peacefully via the fact they've lost jobs or someone in their family has, together?

Not once did I even INCITE or IMPLICATE The idea that they're one in the same and throughout this entire thread I have said -- YES -- There's blatantly trouble-makers on the scene but (this time around) it has been a MINORITY.

You have a group of "Anarchists"/Anti-Whatever IDIOTS trying to incite violence and get their point(s) across in other manners.

You have a MUCH LARGER group of extremely peaceful protestors, fighting for their right to freedom as much as the reasons of protests.

You'll get this at every Demonstration/Protest.

But please, don't put words in my mouth...

you put them in your own mouth- I responded to your point that this is a march by people on behalf of their parents who have lost jobs, you then quoted my post and mentioned that bank attack.

People who have lost jobs would lose EVEN more if the people who carry these sorts of banners had their way- the irony is too much

news.sky.com...

No but see YOU'RE the one grouping the violent, idiots who're there simply BECAUSE they want to cause more problems; and those protesting peacefully, in the same catagory. And they're not.

Oh and Democracy is an illusion. What's the problem?

[edit on 1-4-2009 by A55A551N]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

And the "Stop the War" Coalition have just arrived @ Trafalgar Sq.

cant wait for effigies of Obama to be burned over his increasing involvement in Afghanistan, but I doubt that bunch could conetmplate burning the effigy of a (half) black man!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by A55A551NNo but see YOU'RE the one grouping the violent, idiots who're there simply BECAUSE they want to cause more problems; and those protesting peacefully, in the same catagory. And they're not.

No I'm not- they are not all violent and I never once said they were.

My view is that most are idiots and I despise their retarded and contradictory protests

[edit on 1-4-2009 by blueorder]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
i fouynd this on aol while checking my emails, the pictures dont show the protesters in good light at all

news.aol.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer

Okay I see your point... Although I think McDonald's needs smashing up every day, not just May 1st.

But yeah I'm in two minds about that. I love seeing people have that freedom to protest BECAUSE They can... But then again they're idiots not to notice that this kind of protesting is causing more problems financially/infrastructuraly on the country as a whole, than what they're trying to protest over.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
ah....another day at work...in London...yes...things are very quiet here in Soho...anyone else in the area?

Keep up the PROTESTS! They won't change jack but it'll keep work quiet for the rest of the day!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerrichin
i fouynd this on aol while checking my emails, the pictures dont show the protesters in good light at all

news.aol.co.uk...

Course they don't... That's the MSM for you. I'll explain them better for everyone

Pic 1: Cop has PAINT on his face, that's not blood.

2: Guy is trying to explain he's been hit, cop's having none of it.

3: Policeman drops his gas cannister, oops.

4: This is where Police are PUSHING PEOPLE BACK under orders; this was on the news, the protesters weren't even trying to move forward.

5: This is a group of idiotic yobs, nothing to do w/ the Peaceful Protestors.

6: Some idiots here want us to live without money, which is stupid because although it's the root of all evil it's how I buy my PS3 games; Dumb #!

7: Looks like a multi-national party.

8: Brown/Obama. Yes that definitely doesn't show the protestors in a good light.

9: That police woman is HOT

10: This building had the right idea on boarding up its steel/bomb proof door 0_o

- There's 15 more pics but I can't be bothered lol

[edit on 1-4-2009 by A55A551N]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

How do you come to that conclusion, because they are wearing scarves and bandanas which obscure their faces? I usually wear them at protests as I'm sick to death of being filmed, having cameras thrust into my face by police and then having them search national databases for your name and address which they then call out over megaphones in an attempt to intimidate you while you're penned in an area and you can't leave.

How ironic it's now illegal to film the police themselves!

I'm almost all ready to take a trip to London, unlike the naivety of the woman who is worrying about her children I am fully aware of TPTB's underhand tactics and have to prepare for it.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by Goathief]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
What exactly do the police, and some posters in this thread, think is going to happen when the police round up thousands of protesters - from many different groups and ideologies - and stick them in a pen with each other then refuse to allow peaceful protestors to leave? It's almost as if those police, and the posters in this thread, think that the protestors should simply sit down and take it.

RUBBISH!

While I do not agree with some of the outlandish rioting and smashing of windows, I fully support any group of people who are penned up against their will - and against the idea of freedom of speech - if they were to fight back against TPTB. It is RIDICULOUS to think that people should not be allowed to leave a protest - and anyone who says otherwise is quite obviously a supporter of those who would deem to enslave us.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
heres a webcam showing the protesters i think. not much is going down though. just looks like a lot of them.

www.camvista.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Pic 1: Cop has PAINT on his face, that's not blood.

Erm, that is EXACTLY what is written on this sinister "MSN" article, it states quite clearly "PAINT"

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Fearing they would be targeted by protesters, some bankers swapped their pinstripe suits for casual wear and others stayed home. Bolder financial workers leaned out their office windows Wednesday, taunting demonstrators and waving 10 pound notes at them.

Oh man that would piss me off. Isn't that considered encititing a riot?
I mean it's a friendly protest right now, but a little more of this and cars start burning.

When the looting starts, that's when the trouble really begins.

Protesters waved banners reading "Banks are evil," "Eat the bankers," and "0% interest in others."

That slogan is my favorite. I heard they are protein rich.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by A55A551NNo but see YOU'RE the one grouping the violent, idiots who're there simply BECAUSE they want to cause more problems; and those protesting peacefully, in the same catagory. And they're not.

No I'm not- they are not all violent and I never once said they were.

My view is that most are idiots and I despise their retarded and contradictory protests

[edit on 1-4-2009 by blueorder]

Okay then, with that I can agree lol

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief

How do you come to that conclusion, because they are wearing scarves and bandanas which obscure their faces? I usually wear them at protests as I'm sick to death of being filmed, having cameras thrust into my face by police and then having them search national databases for your name and address which they then call out over megaphones in an attempt to intimidate you while you're penned in an area and you can't leave.

How ironic it's now illegal to film the police themselves!

I'm almost all ready to take a trip to London, unlike the naivety of the woman who is worrying about her children I am fully aware of TPTB's underhand tactics and have to prepare for it.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by Goathief]

The whole list, was tongue in cheek lol

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Robert280
heres a webcam showing the protesters i think. not much is going down though. just looks like a lot of them.

www.camvista.com...

Those are the "Stop the War Coalition"

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

The whole list, was tongue in cheek lol

Reading your previous posts it's obvious it was not.

Must. Try. Harder.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join