It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 Protests: London Protesters Threaten Bankers, Evoke Executions

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by A55A551N

Yeah I know neither is acceptable- thats what I was inferring in order to point out the hypocrisy of those three posters.

Class warfare to me isn't about upper/middle/lower classes going against each other. It's about the conflict of economic systems- market capitalism vs central planning collectivism.

I'm not loaded by any means, but the way I think is radically different to most people. Class isn't about money, it's about whether you ascribe to individualism or collectivism.
If class warfare is back, I'm with the group that doesnt urinate in banks or call for bankers to be eaten. I have no love for bankers, but at least they're civilized as compared to the knuckle dragging mob on the streets of London atm.

Originally posted by Kryties

Oh and by the way, picking the bankers side on this makes you just as bad as them. I guess you support the idea of millions of jobless and homeless people do you? I guess you support the idea of enslavement of the human race to the intellectual elite do you?

It's not that simple. You have to understand the concepts of macroeconomics to understand the factors behind it.

I entirely support the idea of educated intellectuals wielding power. I suppose that makes me a supporter of the NWO?

[edit on 1-4-2009 by 44soulslayer]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

You nicely ignored my post where I quoted my previous post where I stated that I disagreed with the rioting and window smashing. Nicely done.....almost as good as the way the police are penning up peaceful protestors in an effort to incite violence.

Hypocrasy? Jesus mate, learn to read.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
this is just the anti g20 protest,
mayday (may 1st) & after that date london could see some much bigger protests taking place, (summer of rage)
looking back at the poll tax riots, the police say 50,000 people where there, but in reality thair was closer to 250,000 wich then went bezerk

maybe if we are lucky & a protest in london attracts 250,000 or more, then who knows maybe martial law will be enforced ?.
at this point i think the g20 is a warm up protest & the police get to practice herding humans !!!. but like i said 250,000 at the poll tax riots put 350 police in hosital in a few hours, so they may look in control with new flashy riot gear, but its just a matter of numbers, even whitehall has backup plans for this years rage, military !!!.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Sorry, I missed that.

My fault- I shouldn't have included you in with the other two.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
If all the many tens of thousands of folk gathered in London, demanding that somebody else do something to create change, channelled all that energy into changing their own lives, then that would be a good start

I'm not in London, as my presence will solve nothing. I'd rather stay home and work harder for my finals. After graduation I won't be demanding of anyone to give me a job, I'll create my own by starting up a business.

If you want to make change, lead by example, rather than expect it to be handed to you on a plate. It's just yet more of the 'entitlement society'...

"..gimme a loan"

"..gimme a mortgage"

"..gimme a widescreen TV"

"..gimme change"

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I'm trying to watch Sky News online but I seem to be getting a loop. Is this because I'm not registered or because they're just repeating information until something happens?

All in all I have to say it seems to be more intense than I expected for the first day, however, these young kids causing trouble seem to have little or no agenda and have a poor understanding of what political movement they propose to support. It's fair enough to feel dis-enfranchised, I know I feel it to the core, if I thought that smashing and burning would help anything I would be making molotovs right now.

I just fear that these kids don't fully understand what they're protesting and what they're supporting. I will NEVER support a government that came to power through rioting, violence and destruction despite my hatred for these aristocrats.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

Sky News (TV and Online) Repeats constantly, until new news comes in, pretty much

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by A55A551N

Thanks, I have to admit this is my first time watching SkyNews and BBC America is just showing drivel.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
If some of you want a great defensive weapon to use. Laser pointers. Have any of you ever had a laser pointer shined into your eye's? There is but one thing everyone relies on and that is sight. A laser pointer will allow any one to escape while temporaly blinding their attacker. One laser pointer is effective by it's self and you have a very effective range giving how good your pointer is. Now you arm 20 or 40 people with pointers and then you have a very effective way to control and disrupt control advancment formation with-out leathal force and with out destruction to property. If you can't see you cant advance. Some of these units are going to be waiting for people to start throwing things and burning crap and rioting. But if everyone used laser pointers... Think about it 1000 or 2000 laser pointers being used to blind a wall of crowd control units...that would cause a major monkey wrench in their tactics cause then they would be forced to close their eyes and try to advance... And spotters can't see through a scope if they are being blinded by a laser light.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tsloan

And hurt like hell too, especially if anyones wearing N.V.G's at night!

Owwiieee!

Haha! I love it, another 2 dollar toy defeating millions of $$$$ worth of crowd control equipment!

Score one for the semi-good guys!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by guinnessford
reply to post by tsloan

And hurt like hell too, especially if anyones wearing N.V.G's at night!

Owwiieee!

Haha! I love it, another 2 dollar toy defeating millions of $$$$ worth of crowd control equipment!

Score one for the semi-good guys!

Yep.... And could you imagine the shock the crowd controll units would have if they were all geared up and ready for groups of people to start throw fire cocktails and rocks and bottles and all of a sudden 3000 people started turning on laser pointers and waving them around on the building walls and using them to defend the protesters who are using cameras to film...wow...talk about freaking out some cops... Could you see the cops trying to arrest someone and getting blasted in the faced by a 1000 crossed beams of laser light...And your right the cops using night goggles would be pulling that crap off so fast snipers would be rendered useless I mean the only down side would be if the police started to panic and shoot blindly into the crowds...Cause even if you changed visors on their helments the visior would have to be so deeply tinted it would restrict vision and once again shifting an advantage back to the protesters.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Here's a youtube of them smashing RBS windows.

Also, keep an eye on the #g20 twitter hashtag posts.
hashtags.org...

G20 protesters have started a fire near the Bank of England in the City of London.

twitter.com...

[edit on 1-4-2009 by sadisticwoman]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
www.timesonline.co.uk...

great article

"Instead they should start (as, in fairness, many modern Labour people do, with James Purnell giving a particularly fine lecture last week) with an acceptance that in the long violent saga of mankind we have rarely done anything as benign as going shopping, rarely devised anything as socially advantageous as property rights and the rule of law, rarely enriched the poor or enhanced lives as we did by creating capitalism.

Nobody serious believes that this capitalism should be unregulated. Nobody serious believes in complete laissez faire. But nobody serious can really believe any more that there is some brilliant alternative we haven't thought of. Can they? "

In schools we are taught to compete, we are are taught to submit to hierarchical systems that exploit those at the bottom - us.

Intelligence is to understand that you are enslaved and into the system that takes advantage of you. The system encourages corrupt behaviour, because the greatest award and value of current system is money and power. To achieve power and money people will bend the laws and exploit you and me and everyone elese.

Saying "Human nature - the way we protect ourselves" you can not be further away from intelligent investigation into what is going on in the world now. There is no H Nature - all behaviour is conditioning.

Consumerism is one of conequences of all this. Someone at the top of the power and money hierarchy don't want intelligent and wise public - they want, need and create consumers through heavy brainwashing through TV, Radio, Papers and Films. Education does not encourage to look critically at things around you as well.

If you are going to implement different system where people will cooperate (not compete) and there will be abundance of resources available - I bet - the shopping will end.

It will take a generation or two - but it is possible.

Which side you will join - missinformation or improvement and creative design of world - better for all of us.

P.S. If you are thinking that by buying goods from Taiwan you are saving the poor I feel sorry for you - go and see for yourself what they can do pith pennies they earn.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I've read enough of the posts to tell most of my thoughts would just be repeating what others have said.

OP, I don't think you need to worry about the cameras as the news is flooded with video of whats going on.

Had they engaged in a peaceful protest they would have had the worlds attention. Since they decided to act like children and cheap thugs, they defeated their own purpose. No intelligent human being will now take them seriously.

I knew they would defeat themselves before it even started. What I saw in the news videos this morning was just more adolescents acting like the out of control children they are and a few adults who I guess never grew up. The opinions of people who behave that way have no credibility whatsoever.

The irony is that these people are the same people that will always be the first to be laid off and the last to be hired. When jobs are scarce the companies don't lay off the good people first, so it is no wonder these are the unemployed. They cause their own problems and then boohoo and expect rational people to give a damn.

If these people were not there, perhaps the people who matter could conduct meaningful peaceful protest. As it is why bother? Who wants to be labeled one of them? I doubt most of them worked or had money anyway as this is the Mommy's basement forever crowd that spend all their time borrowing beer money they will never pay back.

I watched this same nonsense occur during the Vietnam War protests. We could not get a voice because of the phonies who kept interfering and making us look bad. These people help the bad guys and I'm sure the powers that be are thrilled about this. It takes attention away from them and insures the public will never side with the crazies.

Anyone who is serious about this should be very mad at these damn idiots. If you know one of them, you should attempt to educate them about the harm they are doing.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

No matter how they acted, TPTB would have ignored them as much as possible without being called out on it. It doesn't matter. Peaceful or not, this protest would never have been put in history books.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I just wonder when the police are going to let the protesters out of the cordon they have them in. I've read reports of protesters chanting "Let us out". After protesting all day people are hungry, thirsty and tired which is a guaranteed equation for bad moods.

I know some groups, like G20 Meltdown, are planning actions in and around the Excel center tomorrow. I wonder if the cops plan on keeping people corralled all night to keep them from the center tomorrow. While I understand the desire to keep the protesters and trouble makers in sight I don't think that holding them against their will is going to do anyone any favors.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Cops retreating (dated 4/1/2009)

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
confava.com...

Obama managed to offend thousands of people at the G20 Summit by attempting a joke that didn't go over well. Thousands of protesters have been detained and Obama himself was physically attacked.

The riots broke out after Obama made a comment during his speech about the Queen and tried to give her an iPod, but no one seemed to laugh. While some people in the room were genuinely offended, others took advantage of the mood to jump on Obama in the name of the Queen.

Once hands were laid on Obama, others began defending the president, and the roughly 40,000 protesters outside of the G20 Summit began getting violent. Troops were called in to calm the crowd and were forced to zip-tie thousands of protesters. Tanks eventually hit the streets, but it didn't phase protesters who weren't planning on moving any time soon.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sadisticwoman

I'm calling shenanigans, the video says April Fools at the end. Sorry

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

Aw man for reals?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join