It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 Protests: London Protesters Threaten Bankers, Evoke Executions

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
LOL bankers at HBOS have retaliated by hanging a banner from their building saying:

"While you're protesting, we're repossessing your house"

Clearly class warfare is back!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I'm sure that will calm that down real well.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
What exactly do the police, and some posters in this thread, think is going to happen when the police round up thousands of protesters - from many different groups and ideologies - and stick them in a pen with each other then refuse to allow peaceful protestors to leave? It's almost as if those police, and the posters in this thread, think that the protestors should simply sit down and take it.

RUBBISH!

While I do not agree with some of the outlandish rioting and smashing of windows, I fully support any group of people who are penned up against their will - and against the idea of freedom of speech - if they were to fight back against TPTB. It is RIDICULOUS to think that people should not be allowed to leave a protest - and anyone who says otherwise is quite obviously a supporter of those who would deem to enslave us.

I am not one of those posters you mention just to point that out lol

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief

Originally posted by A55A551N

The whole list, was tongue in cheek lol

Reading your previous posts it's obvious it was not.

Must. Try. Harder.

Uhm no offence but if I tell you something I made, was in tounge in cheek; it WAS tongue in cheek

I have no reason to lie or backtrack, esp' on ATS where I speak my beliefs to the fullest. - Yes everything I've spoken on I've been serious about and believe. But the list was my 'tongue in cheek' interpretation of each photo.

The one about the cop dropping his cannister? They were thrown by protestors.... How was that not a joke on my part?

[edit on 1-4-2009 by A55A551N]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
www.timesonline.co.uk...

great article

"Instead they should start (as, in fairness, many modern Labour people do, with James Purnell giving a particularly fine lecture last week) with an acceptance that in the long violent saga of mankind we have rarely done anything as benign as going shopping, rarely devised anything as socially advantageous as property rights and the rule of law, rarely enriched the poor or enhanced lives as we did by creating capitalism.

Nobody serious believes that this capitalism should be unregulated. Nobody serious believes in complete laissez faire. But nobody serious can really believe any more that there is some brilliant alternative we haven't thought of. Can they? "

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
LOL bankers at HBOS have retaliated by hanging a banner from their building saying:

"While you're protesting, we're repossessing your house"

Clearly class warfare is back!

I wouldn't call that funny, I would call that inciting a riot.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

wow that banner is discusting, they should all be sacked for putting that up seeing as so many families and people are having there houses taken off them.

no wonder people are angry and rioting.

its like that advert on tv at the moment that tells people to grab a bargain and buy a reprossessed house i think its terrible.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerrichin
reply to post by Kryties

wow that banner is discusting, they should all be sacked for putting that up seeing as so many families and people are having there houses taken off them.

its like that advert on tv at the moment that tells people to grab a bargain and buy a reprossessed house i think its terrible.

Speaking of that, I need to find the story. But did you hear about the multi-millionaire who bought a repossessed house, paid for everything... Then found out who the family were that were kicked out of it and gave it back to them?

Very heartwarming in the current climate; I'll have to try digging it up.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by A55A551N

thats a brilliant story, nice to hear about good people for a change makes me think there issome hope in this world after all

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by kerrichin

Indeed it is... I also think (although don't quote me on this) He actually gave the father of the family a job in the company he runs; as he was laid of recently, small administrative job IIRC but a job nonetheless.

It's people like that who I believe will turn things around when the time comes, considering they clearly AREN'T sheeple following the 'domestic' line of things in todays conditions.

With people like that in on La revolution when the time arrives, we'll be the ones laughing

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

That's sick. Just goes to show that these people are nothing short of sociopaths. Unfeeling sociopaths.

reply to post by A55A551N

When rounded up with many other peaceful protesters, I assume they'll stop being so peaceful. It's another tactic to find something to charge them with. If they're peaceful, they won't get in trouble until something the police have confiscated come up with something questionable that can be deemed terrorist, or they stop being peaceful.

They never want to keep the people at protests thinking of peace. They are not there to keep the peace. They are there to incite violence so that they can throw the people in jail. They are purposefully mounting tensions and pissing people off. It's what they do at every single protest.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

Just for that they should burn the bank down. Greedy bankers, we're gonna get you in the end along with the scum politicians who gave you all that money.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by sadisticwoman

also i think they want all protests to go bad so then theycan get a law in saying you cant protest.
it wouldnt surprise me.

i find lately the police are more concerned about catching people going 1 mph over the spped limit than actually catching real criminals.
like those builders that caught someone stealing from a house they were working at and they are now in prison and the thief got away.
and if you call the police about something they never turn up or they take hours.
and ive never met a copper who doent look down on you and treat you likea criminal

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerrichinand ive never met a copper who doent look down on you and treat you like a criminal

Sorry, gotta disagree on that one. I happen to know a LOT of coppers in this area since I used to 'hang out on the streets' a lot as a kid, growing up lol.

And 90% around here are actually here to do a job; although we've got the odd one who's a bit of a pr1ck.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
It's now been reported on Sky News that thousands of protestors have tried to leave the site @ The Bank of England... But the Police have currowed(sp?) them into a small area in the city and are keeping them there right now.

Nobody is sure what this is about or, what's going to happen now.

And are Sky News using 'old intel'? Their map sequence of 'trouble known' is using the template of "G8 Flashpoints" - Not "G20"

[edit on 1-4-2009 by A55A551N]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

reply to post by Vitchilo

Its as acceptable as a banner saying "Eat the bankers".

I suppose all of you think smashing windows and urinating in a bank is a warranted action?

If class warfare is back, then I know which side I'm on...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerrichin
reply to post by Kryties

yeah, that banner is pretty nasty, mind you, some of these marches are of an extreme leftist variety who hate capitalism and who would have prevented these same people from ever voluntarily attempting to own a house in the first place.

Like I say, march mainly full of freaks

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Just for that they should burn the bank down. Greedy bankers, we're gonna get you in the end along with the scum politicians who gave you all that money.

yep, that should ensure no more homes are repossessed and loads of jobs are created

FFS keyboard warriors need to wise the eff up

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

I suppose all of you think smashing windows and urinating in a bank is a warranted action?

Neither is acceptable. It's all ridiculous (violence or incitement of any kind)

But, are you saying you're loaded? lol. Because if C-W is back I'm definitely in w/ the working/lower classes.

I'm a student without a job.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

I guess you missed my post on the last page where I stated...

While I do not agree with some of the outlandish rioting and smashing of windows, I fully support any group of people who are penned up against their will - and against the idea of freedom of speech - if they were to fight back against TPTB. It is RIDICULOUS to think that people should not be allowed to leave a protest - and anyone who says otherwise is quite obviously a supporter of those who would deem to enslave us.

Oh and by the way, picking the bankers side on this makes you just as bad as them. I guess you support the idea of millions of jobless and homeless people do you? I guess you support the idea of enslavement of the human race to the intellectual elite do you?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join