It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 Protests: London Protesters Threaten Bankers, Evoke Executions

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by A55A551N

At the end of the day as a Police officer, what would you rather do? Keep everyone behind, not even trying to distinguish between troublemaker and peaceful protestor knowing full well it'll probably get worse as time goes by and even those who're peacefully protesting will probably hate the Police afterwards... OR... Breathe a sigh of relief knowing people actually want to leave?

It's good that some of them want to leave. Why, however, do I think that the cops know some of the ones doing the actual rioting, I believe you refered to them as "morons" (I agree), are hiding in amongst the peaceful ones? That is probably the reason no one is being allowed to leave. I could be wrong, hope I'm not...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
From the Guardian:

Although the demonstrations began peacefully, bloody skirmishes have erupted as police try to keep thousands of people in containment pens on Threadneedle street.
Link

They are rounding them up like cattle and putting them in pens.

-Kdial1

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
reply to post by mr-lizard

The protesters aren't making any valid points.

They're just the usual groups of communists and anarchists looking for an excuse to smash stuff.

I don't respect them or their criminal actions. I hope the blokes urinating inside that branch of RBS get their dues from the riot police.

I equally don't think they represent the views of the majority of Britons. They're a small group of extremists without an intellectual cause, just seeking to cause havoc.

Compare these lowlife thugs with the Tea Party protesters in the USA. One group has a point to make, the other are just looking for a second Mayday. Can you guess which one is which?

So if you're out with a group of friends, and one of them causes trouble.... you're the same as your friend then right?

Is that the analogy we're sticking with?

We are not drones my friend, we are individuals, there are people with hundreds of agenda's there, and many of them are mixed and forced into groups and penned off. Why call them all scum?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

You are an ill-informed miscreant.

The majority of the people at this protest are peaceful demonstrators who are parents or even grandparents who've lost their jobs due to the issues at hand.

There are MANY protestors there who're making VALID POINTS with their pickets and only a MINORITY who're there showing their anger in other ways.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The problem is no mater if a protest is a peaceful one or turns in to a riot No one listens but just maybe this will wake other people up to see how frustrated the world is it just won't be the world leaders that wake up, my guess the world leader are only worried about their own back sides right now!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by A55A551N

At the end of the day as a Police officer, what would you rather do? Keep everyone behind, not even trying to distinguish between troublemaker and peaceful protestor knowing full well it'll probably get worse as time goes by and even those who're peacefully protesting will probably hate the Police afterwards... OR... Breathe a sigh of relief knowing people actually want to leave?

It's good that some of them want to leave. Why, however, do I think that the cops know some of the ones doing the actual rioting, I believe you refered to them as "morons" (I agree), are hiding in amongst the peaceful ones? That is probably the reason no one is being allowed to leave. I could be wrong, hope I'm not...

I agree with that and the thought process crossed my mind. But when two women approach you, having no anger/attitude, almost crying and totally condemning the actions of those morons - Then explaining they need to pick up children from school and would like to pass the blockade [AWAY FROM where the trouble is] - Do you tell them it's "Tough luck, MOVE BACK!" ?

No.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by VitchiloGood. People needs to be angry. Those bankers need to hang high. I'm sure if they managed to get some real bankers and hang them, 90% of the population would support them and the case would be drop at the trial.

The police aren't doing their jobs of arresting the real criminals, the PEOPLE need to do it.

When police serves the criminals, those officers are no better than nazis. ``I followed orders`` DOESN'T WORK IN COURT as proved in the Nuremberg trials.

Police, you don't want to get hurt? ARREST THE BANKERS. Let the protesters go throught.

We need some time of wild west justice around here.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by Vitchilo]

You talk some amount of rubbish, the bankers, try the politicians, they have done more damage than any banker could!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by A55A551N

The majority of the people at this protest are peaceful demonstrators who are parents or even grandparents who've lost their jobs due to the issues at hand.

There are MANY protestors there who're making VALID POINTS with their pickets and only a MINORITY who're there showing their anger in other ways.

RUBBISH!

Most are spoiled brats assuaging their white/yuppie/green guilt- MOST are not there on behalf of parents who have lost jobs, wise up.

Furthermore I hardly think attacking "consumerism" is going to help people get jobs

I wish I was a cop in London today, I would have me some fun

link   
Conflicting reports on Sky News at the moment.

One reporter saying the people still there now are those who want to be there.

When people talking to the other reporter, are still saying Police are not letting them leave...

link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Perhaps I should have chosen my words more carefully- I hope those that act out of the law get severely punished. (those that are breaking windows, lighting fires, throwing smoke bombs at police horses, urinating and vandalising banks etc).

I have nothing against peaceful protesters.

I do dislike their general manner for some reason that I have not been able to identify just yet. While I respect and agree with the tea-party protesters in the USA, it just strikes me that the protesters in London are far more radically anti-capitalist in general (the majority of people at the protests).

So to summarise, protesters have an innate right to protest anywhere they want.
Rioters need to be arrested post haste.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

"Rubbish"

There has been only 23 arrests made ALL DAY and those were from the problems at the RBS building and a couple of people throwing eggs.

11 of those 23; were a group of men dressed as Police officers in an armored vehicle with a big fake rubber/blow up gun on the front of the vehicle, PEACEFULLY DEMONSTRATING - But were arrested for "Impersonating Armed Police" (Which was a stupid choice of demonstration costume IMHO).

Coincidentally... This RBS building was the ONLY ONE not boarded up in the area... Convinient, no?

[edit on 1-4-2009 by A55A551N]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I believe the crossed wires have been eradicated.

You kind of did give the wrong impression w/ your initial comments

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I'm the miscreant? Good heavens...

Perhaps you could tell me what point the protesters are making? I couldn't get a single shred of intellectual protest out of them.

Reporter on BBC News : "What are you protesting against?"
Protester : "We are here to protest because we want to protest".

Placards : "Resistance is futile" "Capitalism epic fail" "Eat the bankers" etc

Yeah, they certainly seem like they have a valid point...

Seriously though, please do tell me what their point is. I have failed to see any semblance of a point in their protests.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

"Rubbish"

There has been only 23 arrests made ALL DAY and those were from the problems at the RBS building and a couple of people throwing eggs.

11 of those 23; were a group of men dressed as Police officers in an armored vehicle with a big fake rubber/blow up gun on the front of the vehicle, PEACEFULLY DEMONSTRATING - But were arrested for "Impersonating Armed Police" (Which was a stupid choice of demonstration costume IMHO).

Coincidentally... This RBS building was the ONLY ONE not boarded up in the area... Convinient, no?

Goes to show

I'm not sure how that is relevant to my post in which I said most people there are not crusading on behalf of their parents who have lost their jobs

The majority of those marching are cretins, absoloute cretins of the highest order, totally contradictory mis match of freaks demanding extremism on "climate change" demanding an end to capitalism, but then protesting against job losses etc etc

The real revolution will come from other directions.......

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Anti-capitalist protesters have broken into a branch of the Royal Bank of Scotland in the centre of London today after smashing windows with a volley of missiles.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Miscreant was a poor choice of word... I apologise.

But I believe right now a lot of these peaceful protestors are, as the man in your post said "Protesting because they can" in a manner of speaking.

A lot of these men and women, IMHO; are realising this may be one of the last times we, as people will get to protest peacefully without the worry of the laws of a Police-State come into play.

My point was, only a few (less than 50) out of over thousands were there to actually cause problems and that the majority had their own law-abiding, fully valid reasons for being there and protesting; least of all the fact and right/privledge of a 'free country'.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Anti-capitalist protesters have broken into a branch of the Royal Bank of Scotland in the centre of London today after smashing windows with a volley of missiles.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

ty. But this happened about 2hrs ago

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

"Rubbish"

how the hell does the fact that some criminals who have attacked a bank prove that they are marching on behalf of their mummies and daddies who have recently lost jobs

You couldn't make it up, people protesting about a carbon world, consumerism, promoting anarchism and communism also protesting about job losses

The real revolution is not with these cretins

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
IMC - UK : Independent Media
Scroll down to Global IMC Network for list of Countries - Left side
www.indymedia.org.uk...
www.indymedia.org.uk...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

"Rubbish"

how the hell does the fact that some criminals who have attacked a bank prove that they are marching on behalf of their mummies and daddies who have recently lost jobs

You couldn't make it up, people protesting about a carbon world, consumerism, promoting anarchism and communism also protesting about job losses

The real revolution is not with these cretins

Where in the world did I group these morons commiting violent acts of 'demonstration' and those who're there to protest peacefully via the fact they've lost jobs or someone in their family has, together?

Not once did I even INCITE or IMPLICATE The idea that they're one in the same and throughout this entire thread I have said -- YES -- There's blatantly trouble-makers on the scene but (this time around) it has been a MINORITY.

You have a group of "Anarchists"/Anti-Whatever IDIOTS trying to incite violence and get their point(s) across in other manners.

You have a MUCH LARGER group of extremely peaceful protestors, fighting for their right to freedom as much as the reasons of protests.

You'll get this at every Demonstration/Protest.

But please, don't put words in my mouth...

... Oh and btw your response didn't actually have absolutely anything to do w/ the post you were responding to. Not one which made sense anyway??

I made points about how many arrests were made as opposed to those who attended and the fact that 'conveniently' the one building where most of the group was penned/ended up causing the most damage was the one building which WAS NOT boarded up in the area.

You neglected to make comment on both those subjects.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join