It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 Protests: London Protesters Threaten Bankers, Evoke Executions

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by infinite

I don't have a TV... anyway, what about the missiles... What the hell? Are those like the little ``missiles`` Hamas or Hezbollah use?

In protesting/rioting terms "Missiles" can mean anything from rocks/stones to Cola bottle tops or even tear gas canisters which are probably being thrown *back* @ the Police.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by A55A551N

i was about to say the same thing, why do they use the word missile anyway.

i suppose this is another step for britain to be a police state.
more rules and im sure these protesters will be called terrorists and such.

its definatly make or brake.
ive been saying for a while that we'll end up with a civil war its starting to look more likely.
especially with those protesters being attacked by the families of the soldiers that returned home a couple of weeks ago in luton.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
A line of 20 police horses has turned up blocking entrance to the RBS building and protestors are nailing them with anything they can find, as listed by the reporter.

"Red Smoke Bombs"
"Trainers"
"Water Bottles"
etc etc.

The Police are moving the Protestors "back, peacefully" and they (the protestors) are actually applauding the Police? (Or, possibly the ones who got into the RBS building).

Edit: and now, ironically the Police are moving along the Sky News cameraman from the area in which the above is taking place

Oh and the Police have drawn out and shown the Protestors their batons

[edit on 1-4-2009 by A55A551N]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Many may not agree but I think what the world needs is to see Violince break out over this crap. Many specialy in america have their heads in the sand with no idea how bad the world economey is. Many here think that they are safe and the government wont let anything bad happen to them.

Some one some where has to fire the first shot of revolution, Sitting around talking gets nothing done!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
i think ill stop watch jeremy kyle (i know sad) and put sky news back on.

its either going to fizzle out or get worse as the day goes on

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
the news is saying protesters are not being able to leave london but are also the protesters are moving to the american embassy

now they are reporting office equipment has been thown out of windows in the rbs bank

[edit on 1/4/2009 by kerrichin]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
OMG... NOW The police are refusing to let ANYBODY go!

A woman is talking LIVE on Sky News saying how she and another person who were there JUST to protest peacefully are basically being told by the Police they CANNOT LEAVE.

The other woman explained to the Police officers she needs to pick her kids up from school and the Police literally told her it was "Tough luck"

The woman says the same thing happened at Trafalgar Square once before and it's so they can facilitate and impliment their operation; hoping the peaceful protestors will get riled up enough to storm the barriers *only in an attempt to leave as the Police wont let them* Giving the Police reason to attack (or in their words it'll be retaliate).

Edit: Oh and Protestors are throwing office equipment out of the RBS building they've broken into.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

i know this is getting bad, why would they want to make these protesters riled other than to get what they want

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
The police are getting armoured up into riot gear... Protestors are now penned in.

Things will get nasty....

Stay safe and good luck.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
watching sky news ive just seen one copper caring a girl back to the rest of the protesters by her hair

and they wonder why the protesters are getting riled

its getting quite out of hand now,

totally agree mr lizard im only an hours drive really from london so not to far away.

link   
I hope the protesters get what they deserve.
I'm with the PTB and bankers, as usual, on this one.

At the very least, if any of you are going down there... please tell those ignorant morons that they need to stop smashing up RBS buildings.

RBS is owned by the taxpayer- they're really smashing up their own banks.

link   

reply to post by kerrichin

It's also proven by the fact one of these protestors is a parent who just wanted to protest peacefully and the police are literally telling her that it's tough luck she has to stay there... I mean wtf?

And I just saw on Sky News a girl TRYING to walk away w/ a friend, from the people who were pushing at the Police and a cop literally grabbed at her, yanked her back from her friend (She was walking AWAY from the trouble) and literally headlocked her, throwing her to the ground.

You could actually hear someone near the camera saying "Oh my God, that girl's being MANHANDLED by that officer!"

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
How about to arrest the people who are breaking things, and otherwise causing a rucus? No, that can't possibly be the reason. The police are the bad guys, right? Not the self described protestors who are, apparently, breaking into buildings that are private property...

That's what you'd want them to do if it were your business that was being ransacked, isn't it? But...but...they're the evil bankers who deserve it, yeah, yeah, what about the little folks who won't be able to work for the next little while while repairs are made. Or the ones that might have gotten hurt in the process of the invasion? Thought about that? Any of you?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

i think thats the same girl i was just talking about, we must of been typing at the same time.

like the woman said who was trying to get out to her kids 'i thought this was a free country'
i dont think it will be long and we'll be a police state they are using this protest as an excuse to manhandle the protesters.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
How about to arrest the people who are breaking things, and otherwise causing a rucus? No, that can't possibly be the reason. The police are the bad guys, right? Not the self described protestors who are, apparently, breaking into buildings that are private property...

That's what you'd want them to do if it were your business that was being ransacked, isn't it? But...but...they're the evil bankers who deserve it, yeah, yeah, what about the little folks who won't be able to work for the next little while while repairs are made. Or the ones that might have gotten hurt in the process of the invasion? Thought about that? Any of you?

that is a small minority, they are stopping people who are there for a peaceful protest from going home.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

Not sure exactly what this was in response to... But, sure there is the "little man" who is just doing his job, to work for his family's security and wellbeing etc. Of course there are people who don't actually know what they're working for, or towards in the long run. - I've not once said everyone in the banking sector is an elitist a$$ lol.

But the Police are not stupid and they can EASILY tell the ones who're almost crying, begging to be let out away from the rioting morons to get on with their daily lives after executing their right of "free speech" so to speak and those said rioting morons who're there to do nothing but cause trouble. - And yet they're admittedly keeping everyone from leaving.

At the end of the day as a Police officer, what would you rather do? Keep everyone behind, not even trying to distinguish between troublemaker and peaceful protestor knowing full well it'll probably get worse as time goes by and even those who're peacefully protesting will probably hate the Police afterwards... OR... Breathe a sigh of relief knowing people actually want to leave?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by kerrichin

Yeah I think we've been typing quite a bit at the same time hah

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
I hope the protesters get what they deserve.
I'm with the PTB and bankers, as usual, on this one.

At the very least, if any of you are going down there... please tell those ignorant morons that they need to stop smashing up RBS buildings.

RBS is owned by the taxpayer- they're really smashing up their own banks.

Are you kidding? Seriously....? What planet are you from?
This is the real emotion of the people at the moment, if it upsets your reality then i suggest you go find a new one.

Go get a pay rise and go bother someone else.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
i know i think we are watching the same as well.

also about the protesters alot of people are there protesting peacfully or trying to, because they have lost jobs and cant get any.
they have a right to and a right to leave when they want to especially when they havnet done anything

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

The protesters aren't making any valid points.

They're just the usual groups of communists and anarchists looking for an excuse to smash stuff.

I don't respect them or their criminal actions. I hope the blokes urinating inside that branch of RBS get their dues from the riot police.

I equally don't think they represent the views of the majority of Britons. They're a small group of extremists without an intellectual cause, just seeking to cause havoc.

Compare these lowlife thugs with the Tea Party protesters in the USA. One group has a point to make, the other are just looking for a second Mayday. Can you guess which one is which?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join