It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 Protests: London Protesters Threaten Bankers, Evoke Executions

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

www.huffingtonpost.com

March 27 (Bloomberg) -- Mark Barrett, a professional tour guide, spent last Saturday painting Barack Obama’s election catchphrase “yes we can” on a banner that protesters will carry as they try to occupy London’s financial district April 1.

Barrett is helping organize a protest outside the Bank of England, one of several called to express anger against banks and bankers and mark the arrival in London of leaders of the Group of 20 nations -- including Obama, now president.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit: title to same as source, clipped quoted content to accepted 500 char. limit.]
Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 31-3-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
frst im gonna apologise if this is in the wrong forum!

I am gonna head into central london tomorow to check out the g20 protests, but i am unsure to a few things:

-is it true that 160 cameras have been turned off in the city?

-is it also true that it is now illegal to film the metropolitan police?

-where are the actual protests being held? i was born in london but i havent been sightseeing in central for a long time any directions would be appreciated!

-if i bring my camera as i intend to will it end up being confiscated?.

If anybody can help me out and post up more info as im a long time lurker first time poster and know DIDDLY squat, It'd be much appreciated.

as i mentioned im taking my camera with me just in case because i believe its abit fishy if its true about the CCTVs being turned off,i have read a few articles on the internet and in the papers and it seems to me something is going on, it feels like there are serious tensions between everybody right now and i hope nobody on either side sparks something that isnt good for anybody.

I also hear there is going to be a tent city set up by the protestors in the city somewhere not sure if its true or not so dont bite my head off i have lurked ATS for a long time and know it well!.

Oh and one more interesting thing, My flatmate works for Pitney Bowes (blue chip company?) Everybody that works there today got an email saying to not travel to london tomorow unless completely neccesary, it seems abit extreme to me to be worrying people like that but as i said there seems to be major pressure around.

im taking my camera with me and hope to get some good pics/footage to upload here for everybody i can also take a photo of my freinds I.D card for work and maybe get him to FWD me the email just in case anybodys wants me to confirm that like i said i know ATS :-)

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Just don't give the cops a reason to do anything to you. Im sure they will be looking for one as everyone will be pretty tense. If something starts going down...dont be foolish...run away.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Just bring your cameras, and move away from them if they come after you for daring to bring a camera into the equation.

Move back, then move in, move back, move in, etc... Keep them distracted, divide them amongst their group, disrupt their operations...

Just taking something from the Rothschild playbook

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I trust me ill be running as fast my little legs can take me haha only because i dont want to lose my camera and all the footage/pics

I get what your saying about not giving them a reason as i said i grew up in london and i am no angel i have been in trouble with the police before my experiances with them have been nothing but bad they seem to be antagonists, I have heard them and seen them acting definatly not by the book i have known them to be pretty bad people obvouisly i have met good ones too, maybe a life time of dealing with arseholes makes them act that way

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I think it's definitely suspicious...

Take your camera, but don't be afraid to run. Who knows what'll happen..

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Watch out for the Agent Provocateurs , as you can see here the guys that were going to throw rocks had there faces covered and had exactly the same footwear on as the cops.

www.infowars.net...

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
There's also pamphlets being distributed by what I suspect are PTB-funded antagonist groups virtually demanding that people perform violent action, telling people to shoot first, even without provaction.

Even newspapers are getting into the act, basically copying portions from the pamphlets and broadcasting random angry public soundbites like the willing paid trolls they are, helping spread the word of violence
Don't people know who these media trolls work for... The Rothschilds!

WARNING! IT IS A SET UP!

They don't suggest you bring cameras, strip down and bend your azz over and show your wieners to the police and play mind games with the police, snapping pictures or videos of them- but they want you to incite violence?

They are suggesting you launch the first attack
? Suggesting you ram through police lines with vehicles, to shoot the police?
Where is that coming from, I wonder.

Why don't people just play into the NWO's hands by doing that?

All red flags there! If any idiot group or agent provocateur group gives the police the prize of being the first ones to attack, it is over for the rest of the crowd.

Give the Powers-That-Be bad publicity, but not violence! Nothing looks worse than police beating up unarmed protesters, and the major media outlets cannot hide that- it will be all over the independent media, and therefore, the truth will be in plain view.

The notion of non-violence at the G20 summit is making the PTB VERY nervous.

People should just hit the PTB in the pocketbooks and turn them into outcasts- IT IS WHAT WILL DESTROY THEM!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up guys, thats what i intend to do rather than photograph the police because i have a feeling i know how they are going to act anyways, if there is trouble ill get the anarchists on film see if that throws up anything suspicious e.g footwear like you were saying

im gonna head off in about half an hour, still not sure where quite to go first the financial district or whether to go straight to newham? if the summit is not till the weekened maybe there is no point going there yet?

ANY IDEAS?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

Actually, considering to the extreme the police are provoked and pushed violently by the protestors....I find the G20 protests to be one of the more "peaceful" in the world. I think one protest/march in particular had about 35,000 people...they really don't want to start any rioting because they know they put one foot wrong and the whole thing would go bananas.

Basically, you can get away with proverbial murder at the G20.

Theres far too many people there for anyone to be singled out.

Enjoy!!!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Good. People needs to be angry. Those bankers need to hang high. I'm sure if they managed to get some real bankers and hang them, 90% of the population would support them and the case would be drop at the trial.

The police aren't doing their jobs of arresting the real criminals, the PEOPLE need to do it.

When police serves the criminals, those officers are no better than nazis. ``I followed orders`` DOESN'T WORK IN COURT as proved in the Nuremberg trials.

Police, you don't want to get hurt? ARREST THE BANKERS. Let the protesters go throught.

We need some time of wild west justice around here.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
They need to evoke the French Revolution and get those guillotines ready, hanging is not enough, guillotine them is better.

Truly people as the situation guess worst we may see some real ugly things happening to many of those fat rats.

Here in US it was a news article of one of the Automakers executives that got his car surrounded with angry employees that he fired to save the company.

I guess rather than taking pay cuts on their fancy mulitimillion bonus packages they rather take the jobs of away from hard working people.

But hey they need to keep those Lamborghini's and Ferrari's and the expensive spa treatments and retrieves, lets not forget their summer vacations in the French Riviera.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
watching itn now and they have had a news flash protesters have thown things into the windows of the bank of england.

im sure the police will love this

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The Royal Bank of Scotland has been smashed in the City of London, protesters are believed to have gained access.

Riot police are said to be deployed.

Missiles are being projected in the direction of the police.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Well infinite what a best way to create chaos so more laws are enacted for the control of the angry crowd.

This is the opportunity of a life time, either the UK will make it today or brake it when it comes to the angry population and the very real and nasty crisis that governments and greed had created.

I just saw in the news a very bloody and angry citizen screaming at the police he had blood all over his face and shirt after been hit.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

The Royal Bank of Scotland has been smashed in the City of London, protesters are believed to have gained access.

Any link on that?

What? April fool joke?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Turn it on Skynews or BBC, you might learn something

It's not a difficult action to operate.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Riot police are said to be deployed.

£3.72 has been taken, plunging Scotland even deeper into the recession!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

I don't have a TV... anyway, what about the missiles... What the hell? Are those like the little ``missiles`` Hamas or Hezbollah use?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
What I love among all this is, besides the smashed windows, someone has spraypainted a red loveheart on one of the windows lol...

But seriously, protestors smashed the huge ground floor windows of the RBS building in Threadneedle street, in the City of London and they smashed them up so much they were able to fit through and break in.

Which is what they did.

And it wasn't UNTIL then, Police decided to act. Showing evidence they can be open minded and not strong armed? No

Waited til they were inside the building w/ the protestors before kicking the # out of them, out of sight of any phone-cams and whatnot IMHO.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join