It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 Protests: London Protesters Threaten Bankers, Evoke Executions

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sadisticwoman

lol, yeah, the video shows footage of other riots, notice the flags. Plus the pic of Obama being attacked looks really fake. Also, the last bit of footage shown on the video is from Gangs of New York I believe.

Plus, it says April Fools at the end, dunno if it's really funny given what's happening right now.

It's not your fault, it is April Fools Day after all, I was waiting for some pranks but people have been rather serious today

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Sky News have just reported that the police are making those still being held around The Bank of England through todays G20 Protests/Demonstrations; leave the area in SINGLE FILE - And as they leave, they are ALL (NO Exceptions) being searched, questioned AND Having their photographs (mugshots) taken.

There is absolutely no distinguishing between peaceful/troublemaking members here, no "Discrimination" as it were, they're treating EVERY - SINGLE - ONE as a criminal!

This is sickening and just ANOTHER wake up call to what's going on in the world. I'd be surprised if they don't demand fingerprinting/Blood taking from each one soon enough.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by A55A551N

They're compiling profiles on all protesters, it's really not a new tactic and is one of the reason for the black bandanna masks. They going to cross reference today's mugshots and profiles with known information of protest group leaders. In the coming days I'm sure they will review the footage of the violence and destruction and then arrest those they can identify.

They will also use today's information to specifically target protest leaders and those identified as trouble makers tomorrow.

This is one of the reasons why I never attend protests, cracked skulls are the other reason.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

But they're already in the Police database anyway.

Well, the staff list at least

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Ive just come back from the protests.

I must admit theres was little sense of cohesion, the whole atmosphere was quite jocular and have-a-go. I did pass four people dressed in black moving back from the frontline with masks over their faces. I asked them why bother covering up and one of their responses was
"grow up mate, you know their making a database for every single protestor right? youll be f**kin on it next!"
Though to be honest, if you go in there with blacked out faces and start chanting "DIRECT ACTION, HANG THE RICH!", your probabaly providing the reason for them to database you in the first place

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It looks like Starbucks is advertising in the G20 twitter stream. Sickening

Starbucks Uses G20 for Advertising

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
LISTEN PEOPLE i got back from the protests at about 12 o clock GMT i got there today at say 2 o clock, let me just tell you some serious # hit the fan tonight i stayed all day trying to get into the protest outside the bank of england but on arriving it seemed the police had stopped people from leaving the protest or entering! it was impossible to get in or out!

i spent most of the day trying to get into the main protest but just couldnt quite get in anywhoos,it was later on in the day and i had found myself in a large group of poeple trying to get into the protest i think we were on threadneedle street but don quote me on that,there was big group the one that i was in then all of a sudden the police formed a line behind us and began to move up! i cant really get it across right it kinda looked like this

Bank protest/Police/people trying to get in/police

they started to move up and herded us together untill we had no more space nobody was allowed out for about 30 mins the finnally let us go but then it all started to go pear shaped, it was hard to see how it sparked everything happened so fast but it ended up sparking pretty bad

as they charged forward we all ran back and i heard a protestor shout on megaphone that we had a man down and we needed help i moved up and came across a crowd sourrounding a man on the floor, he was laying on his front clearly unconcoius as i looked closer i realised he had pissed himself, the police came and sourrounded him, at this point there had been flare ups all over the place and people were still throwing anything they could at the police i jumped in front and shouted leave them for a minute to help this man!

a massive line of police began battoning us up the street to make us disperse as we got up to what i think is still on threadneedle? we spotted an ambulance coming down the road, it couldnt get passed the people and for a minute there was a breif scuffle between the protestors,some wanting to let the ambulance through and others not anyways we managed to get the ambulance through but coming home tonight my flatmate told me somebody had died of breathing difficulties

and at that moment i knew it was that man we came across .

After that it was pure chaos i spent the whole night in the crowd at the frontline because i wanted to see with my own eyes everything that was happening it is a moment in history and i am so glad i was there! we spent the night clashing with the police because they were trying to move us on but there was no need to its hard to explain because there was so much stuff going on at one point somebody put a row of bin bags in the road and shott them with a multi shott firework to set them on fire

it was pure chaos believe me i spent the whole day and night from when it sparked off to when it ended it endedup on london 1 bridge they had moved us all the way there and had formed in massive numbers on the bridge thats how it ended really for me i walked over the other brige with some guys i met to try and get back to the tent city which i had discovered earlier

The tent city was truly amazing, it was so surreal to see an actaul tent city in the heart of londons financial district they had generators human powered because somebody had to be riding the bike to generate it! they also had a kitchen set up and were giving away food for free! also they had some sort of sand toilet set up for everybody to use!

it was truly amazing to see people so connected today, everybody has fought with eachover,formed a tent city, cheered a thousand strong saying things like whos streets,our streets! Let us go let us go! and just general crowd antics! everybody is pissed off and im glad i went today because i met so many people who are just like me pissed off with the way things are and you know what today we showed that we are not gonna bend over and take it anymore

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
if any of you decide to go to the demonstration...please be careful...you never know what will happen when you get 10,000 idiots in one place.....

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
just read on the internet also that they are making a database of all protestors and people can be expecting "knocks on the door" after the protests and i must say i am expecting one because im going back there tomorow as well, i was in the thick of it when it sparked till it got ended on the birdge i went back to tent city after that and tried to get in but the police had sealed everybody in nobody in nobody out,

i am expecting a knock i was involved but only standing up for the peolple the police are out of line i was there so i can say that, they were the antagonisers, They herded us into a small box! i remember speaking to a fellow before it sparked off saying problem cause solution! the herd us in and tell us we cant leave? they kept us there for a while and that is exactly why it sparked they boxed us into a tiny space for no apparent reason>?

believe me i have seen some s"it tonight and i am expecting a knock but ill do it gladly because i feel good to have stood up for once and say you know what im pissed off at they way we are getting it from behind every day

I just read bankers were seen hanging ten pound notes out windows i didnt see this myself but thats the kind of attitude your dealing with here,

today i had a good day but my heart goes out to the man that passed nobody need die there would have been no problems if the police hadnt insisted on being so heavy handed believe me

I also have lots of pics and footage, the only problem is my battery ran out in the day so its only day footage and all this happened at night,

i know these posts probably look horrible no grammar etc but it will have to do i needed to come on here and tell nobody as i went by myself to the protests today and got back late! ill upload the pics tomor im definatly going to sleep now!

need it for tomor when im heading back to get more footage

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

Yeah, it got me pretty good. ;D

One can only wish such a thing would happen, though. I hope just one protester can get close enough to just one of the G20 officials. That would make my year.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reading
i have known them to be pretty bad people obvouisly i have met good ones too

There is no such thing as a "good cop", mate.

Even the ones who aren't abusive bungholes will run interference for the bad cops.

IMO 99.9% of them need a short drop and a sudden stop.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by falcon51
if any of you decide to go to the demonstration...please be careful...you never know what will happen when you get 10,000 idiots in one place.....

I understand that you are trying to tell people to be careful. However, I must show my disturbance at your classification of 10,000 people who are sick and tired of the garbage being force fed to the masses by these self proclaimed elites and saviors of the world as IDIOTS. Sure, there will be some morons out there causing more trouble than is needed. However, the idiots I believe are the ones occupying the banks and the leaders that act like they know how to save an economy with 'spending and borrowing' our way out from the real IDIOTS in the banks.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Did you catch the fact that the City of London has turned off their extensive CCTV system during the G20? The blatant absurdity of them and their spying for public protection etc is so rank it makes one laugh till they cry.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join