It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rate the movie you just watched

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Get Him to the Greek

Judd Apatow remains great! Thought the movie was hilarious and on top of being extremely funny it actually had a great plot to go with it. Great cast!

9/10!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Kingdom of the Spiders (1977)

www.imdb.com...

The 1970s were big on ecological horror movies, and this is one of the few that are actually good. William Shatner stars as a veterinarian who (along with Tiffany Bolling) finds out that tarantula spiders have turned to us as part of their food chain. Some scary moments, especially if one has a fear of spiders. (Also of note, Deforest Kelly starred in another one of these movies about giant rabbits "Night of the Lepus" www.imdb.com... ) Although PG rated at the time, many spiders actually are killed in this one. B-

A Fish Called Wanda (1988)

www.imdb.com...

This is one of the funniest movies ever made, and it is highly underrated. Jamie Lee Curtis and Kevin Kline play Wanda and Otto, whose plans to double cross their jewel thief leader go awry. Michael Palin has some very funny scenes as he tries to do in an old lady witness with hilarious results. John Cleese also stars in this movie, which has a cult like status to many of its fans. A

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Clash of The Cabbages

Wow what a mess of a movie....
Stinks like cabbage.

The Titans were just lame, the script horrendous, cheese factor 9 on the richter scale..
Actually movie 3/10 (for aussie eye candy lead only)

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Easy Rider (1969)

www.imdb.com...

Dennis Hopper (who also directed), Peter Fonda and Jack Nicholson star in this counterculture movie that was a smash hit back in the day. Drugs, alcohol and more drugs in this movie, along with talk of UFOs and aliens living among us by Jack's character. The music soundtrack and scenery are great, and the times are well represented in this classic. B+

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

The last movie I saw was Avatar..
I rate that movie a 9/10!!

It was a long movie! And had like 3 major parts too it! I like how they tied it all together in the end..
I await part 2!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Thank You for Smoking (2005)

www.imdb.com...

Aaron Eckhart plays a lobbyist for a tobacco company in this satire of corporate and government morals. Not only do cigarettes get skewered, but pompous politicians also. Cameron Bright also steals scenes as Aaron's son, who is being groomed to be like his dad. Excellent movie that should of done much better than it did. A

Passengers (2008)

www.imdb.com...

SPOILERS AHEAD!!

Anne Hathaway stars in this movie that tries to start out as a thriller as surviving passengers are mysteriously disappearing from a therapy circle. I guessed what this movie was up to before the big reveal, as it tries to be a "Sixth Sense" wannabe. No chemistry between Anne and her male lead (Patrick Wilson), although Andre Braugher and Dianne Wiest make all too brief cameos. I give it some credit for trying to be different, but wish it was more into its own characters. C

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
The A team.

Ridiculous
predictable
cheesy
The LA docks blown up
Flying tanks ejected from a hercules with a parachute
So many stupid things written in......
I liked it!

7/10
takes me back to the old show which i loved!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Temporada de patos (Duck Season 2004)

www.imdb.com...

A simple storyline propels this funny and very realistic look at two teenage buddies who spend the Sunday playing video games until a power outage (while Mom is away at work). They order pizza and then get into it with the delivery guy by not paying him claiming he was 20 seconds late. The neighbor girl comes over and makes a huge mess in the kitchen trying to back herself a cake.

This movie is how teenagers actually behave, and is not a typical Hollywood concoction. The boys are well played by Daniel Miranda and Diego Catano, who are refreshingly appealing. Danny Perea plays the 16 year old girl who is upset her family forgot her birthday. A

A Prairie Home Companion (2006)

www.imdb.com...

Robert Altman's last film is a wonderful take on Garrison Keillor's radio show. The movie is fictionalized and deals with a radio show's final performance before being shut down. A great ensemble cast including Meryl Streep, Lily Tomlin, Kevin Kline, Woody Harrelson and many others make this movie highly entertaining. Plenty of country and folk songs and Mr Keillor's sense of humor abound in this movie. I love the direction and feel of a movie out of the 1940s. A

Les quatre cents coups (The 400 Blows 1959)

www.imdb.com...

Francois Truffaut's masterpiece about an adolescent boy (perfectly played by Jean-Pierre Leaud) named Antoine who gets into trouble with his friends. This movie started the French New Wave cinema and also jump started the US movie styles toward more realism and character orientation. 400 has humor and sadness throughout it and earns the emotions from us as the story progresses. Beautifully shot and performed, it is no wonder this one is on so many top ten of all time lists. A+

Fahrenheit 451 (1966)

www.imdb.com...

Another film by Francois Truffaut, this time the Ray Bradbury classic about a future society where books are banned as dangerous thoughts in a totalitarian society. Censorship is the main theme here, but we see people who call the TV family, which is what it seems like in 2010 with all the reality shows. Books may not be banned yet, but it is getting closer and closer to the society depicted in this haunting movie. I am used to the darker endings of these movies from the 1960s and 1970s, so the more enlightened ending threw me off a bit. Still, it is a fascinating movie and adoption which does not have any opening titles as they are read to us instead. B+

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Just watched the 'Wedding Crashers'

Made me laugh, with a little bit of sentiment thrown in for good measure....

Move along now......nothing to see here !!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Oh I nearly forgot

I watched ZOOLANDER at the weekend - that's funny..... that really is funny....

If you don't get it then you were born without a sense of humour..

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Oh we saw Poseidon....
just because it was on the cabletv and it was rainy. lol :shk: huge mistake.

omg one of the worst movie ever! - terrible actors, endless and ridiculous action scenes, and of course very stupid ending.

1 out of 10

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Adventureland

8.5 out of 10.

Pretty funny, great music, interesting characters, good plot. Definitely worth a rental.

TheAssoc.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The Hamiltons (2006)

www.imdb.com...

!!SPOILERS AHEAD!!

This is another horror movie with a twist in the middle (or at least they try to fool us with it). The movie starts out with a strange family of four siblings whose parents died a few years back. It shows young women being kidnapped and tortured in the basement, setting itself up as one of those crazy family horror stories.

Then we realize they are actually a family of vampires, and the whole plot of the movie comes raining against them. They state they do not want to be caught, and yet they capture the town's teenage girls and expect no one to notice. The movie also wants us to feel sympathy for the characters after the gruesome stuff they do at the beginning. I do not know what the filmmakers were trying to do, but they failed at making a good horror movie and a good vampire family movie. D

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Color Me Kubrick

The (mostly) true story of a drunken conman who impersonates Stanley Kubrick, swindles several people out of large sums of money and gets away with it.

I'm giving it 8 out of 10.

It was pretty funny.

TheAssoc.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Ginger Snaps (2000)

www.imdb.com...

Another werewolf movie, this one is a dark comedy about two sisters and one who has been bitten by a werewolf. Plenty of humor about goth kids and the usual, but Emily Perkins makes this one work better. These are not the kind of teen werewolves that are so prevalent now on TV and the movies as they actually eat people. C+

The Onion Field (1979)

www.imdb.com...

Joseph Wambaugh's true account of the murder of a policeman and the aftermath of it. James Woods gives a breakout performance as the crazy Gregory Powell who (along with a partner) shoots a cop after kidnapping him. John Savage as the policeman who survives the ordeal, only to be beset by his own personal problems dealing with Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome. At the end of the film, we learn that Mr Powell is still in prison at age 79 (as of June 2010) after having his parole denied for the umpteenth time. Excellent film. A-

Fido (2006)

www.imdb.com...

A satiric zombie flick that pokes fun of the 1950s mentalities. Communism, sex morals and Lassie are among the targets in this original movie about people and their "tame" zombies. Billy Connolly plays the zombie named Fido whose two family members grow attached to him. Still gory in spots, this one is very entertaining. B

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
The Book Of Eli

Terrible, just terrible. Very predictable. Gary Oldman very cliche' in his typical bad guy role. Problem is now he's so old he doesn't intimidate.

How the hell is everyone not dead from radiation?!?!?

It does remind one how many times the Bible has been written and re-written, sometimes on memory alone...

[edit on 19-6-2010 by Signals]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Book of Eli~8

Legion~7

When in Rome~9

Back up Plan~5

Valentines Day~6

Dear John~5

Letters to Juliet~9

I have seen al those in the last two weeks. I really enjoyed When in Rome the most. It was really cute.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Kristen Bell is awesome...though I likely won't watch "When In Rome"...tempted because of her...but likely won't.

For Kristen Bell Goodness, check out "Reefer Madness"...

Here is a teaser...

"You melt resistance down like hot Velveeta"...

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

LOL I like that line! I didn't know they did a remake of the original. Wow...

I always liked Kristen Bell, she's cute. Oh come on Mem watch "When in Rome" lol it's actually funny. Out of all the chick flicks I have seen this month this was the best. Now don't see "The Back Up Plan," that was cheesy. It only got high ratings from me because Alex O'Loughlin plays the main male lead.
He was worth watching it for. lol

I will have to get this version on my netflix, thanks

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Added to Netflix...

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join