It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rate the movie you just watched

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Inception.

Pretty Amazing bit of filming and turned me into a bit of a space cadet in parts.
I love dreams, so I really enjoyed this flick.
8.5/10

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Murder Most Foul (1964)

www.imdb.com...

Margaret Rutherford plays Miss Marple in this adaption of the Agatha Christie whodunit. Ms Rutherford is perfect in this role as she uses both comic timing and her quick wits to weed out a killer at a theatrical troupe. Very enjoyable even if these mysteries are easy to solve. B

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Harry Brown

Brilliant!!

10/10

An elderly ex-serviceman and widower looks to avenge his best friend's murder by doling out his own form of justice.

www.imdb.com...

[edit on 22/7/10 by sandri_90]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Precious

You need a box of kleenex.

Incredible movie. Incredible acting. One of the better movies I have seen in a long,long time. Though disturbing.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I Give A-Team 7.5/10. Mainly because I vaguely remember the TV show, so I had no ridiculous expectations brewing in my head. I like that it had a decent plot-line with the stolen plates etc. So many action movies get me lost in trying to find a plot.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The Man from Earth. It's an easy 92.3%.

It's surprising to see Hollywood take a story like this on. A few friends gather at a woodland cabin to say goodbye to a colleague. Within 10 minutes of the beginning, we're drawn in by the strange announcement he makes.

He claims to be 14 000 years old. Sounds stupid doesn't it? If someone said this to me, I'd no way want to watch the movie. Hell no! But wait, it's an extraordinary story, acted well and full of suspense.

It's an ATS mind-fest! Paranormal, sci-fi, mysterious, subversive and meaningful. ATS gold.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Hotel Rwanda 9/10 - excellent.

Shutter Island 8/10 - also great.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Let's roll through a few of them.

Inception - 8.9

I thought this was a great film. Christopher Nolan is one of the best filmmakers alive and he continues to push it further and further. Personally, I don't think this is his best work.. but considering his resume, that's not exactly a slight against the film. Definitely go see it!

The Bounty Hunter - 3.1

I'm a big Gerard Butler fan. But this movie is terrible. Absolutely brutal! The soundtrack was obviously the top few songs on the radio at the time it was created and really does nothing to contribute to the film. The writing is sub-par and did little to inspire me from the get go. Frankly, the only reason I watched the movie is because Butler and Aniston starred in it. Pass on this!

The Runaways - 6.2

I liked it. I think Kristen Steward and Dakota Fanning were great in this film. Their acting really contributed to the film. I think the script could have been better but overall it was a good biopic of Joan Jett and the Runaways. Even if you're not interested in her or the band, it's a film worth watching. Not worth a trip to the theatre but a DVD rental for sure.

Everybody's Fine - 6.8

A great piece of acting by De Niro. It's not the most ambitious plot but it is a nice character piece on his part. It was a nice film that I found quite entertaining on a quiet night home on the couch. It has a solid cast and comes with a story that I think almost anyone can relate to. Certainly worth a DVD rental.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Big Bad Mama (1974)

www.imdb.com...

Producer Roger Corman's B drive in movie classic starring Angie Dickinson and William Shatner. Angie plays the title character who goes into a life of bank robbing to support who two daughters. Tom Skerrit plays a bank robber who gets caught up in the gang. Bring on William Shatner, who plays a wimpy con man who also falls for Angie's character. (VIEWER WARNING: NUDE LOVE SCENE WITH BILL SHATNER!!)

The movie is still entertainingly bad, and great if having a drive in movie party at home.

Used Cars (1980)

www.imdb.com...

Kurt Russell plays a used car salesman and Jack Warden has two roles in this hilarious movie. Produced by Stephen Spielberg and directed by Robert Zemeckis, this was a big hit when it was released in 1980, a year of mainly box office bombs. When the evil brother finds out an expressway ramp is being built through his lot, he schemes to take over his brother's to become the biggest used car dealer in Arizona. A lot of bawdy humor and jokes highlight this movie. B

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Sleepwalking (2008)

www.imdb.com...

Nick Stahl and Charlize Theron play a brother and sister in this rather depressing movie. Charlize gets kicked out of her home when her boyfriend is arrested for growing marijuana. She brings her 12 year old daughter to live with Nick, who is also having problems showing up for work and paying his rent. Charlize disappears and Nick takes his niece to his abusive father's (played by Dennis Hopper) farm. The performances are good, but the story is staid and predictable. We all know what is going to happen next from Nick and the girl going on the run, to the abusive father situation. C

Executive Suite (1954)

www.imdb.com...

William Holden heads a fine cast in this drama about the machinations of a large furniture company after the death of its president. There also is no music score in this movie (rare for the time), and some of the actors are not very recognizable. This movie also shows us a time when people spent their entire lives at one company, knowing that they would be taken care of in retirement. It is so much different than in today's climate where people are laid off at the drop of a pin. A very interesting look at capitalism 1950s style. B+

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Shanks (1974)

www.imdb.com...

Spoilers ahead! Spoilers ahead!

This movie stars Marcel Marceau and is directed by schlockmaster William Castle (his last directing job). It is a strange little film about a deaf-mute puppeteer Malcolm (Marcel) who lives with his domineering step sister and her drunk husband. He works for Old Walker (also played by Marcel) who is doing some unusual experiments allowing the dead to be used as puppets.

Lots of dark humor and strange visuals enhance this movie, but the last half hour of it is absolutely dreadful when a motorcycle gang comes in and wreaks havoc. The little girl who is a friend of Malcolm is raped and murdered by the gang and Malcolm uses the "puppets" for revenge. I don't know what the screenwriter was thinking about during this part, as the fantasy and humor stops and real life horror begins. I give the first hour a B, and the last half hour an F for being so unnecessarily disturbing for a C- average.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Whatever Works (2009)

www.imdb.com...

Larry David stars as an even more cynical character named Boris in Woody Allen's offbeat film comedy drama. Boris' life is changed when he meets Melody (Evan Rachel Wood) and her family. A good movie from Mr Allen, but not a great one. Larry's character gets to be grating for a while, which is the point of the film I am guessing. B-

Captain Blood (1935)

www.imdb.com...

This swashbuckling adventure movie made Errol Flynn a star. He plays Dr Peter Blood who is helping a wounded man when the Royalist Troops come in and arrest him. Instead of hanging, he is sold into slavery by King James II to the West Indies where he escapes and becomes the dashing pirate Captain Blood. This is also Hollywood's idea of pirates, but it is a great and fun movie. Mr Flynn gives a great performance and is surrounded by memorable characters. When TCM plays this one, make sure to watch it if one has not done so. A

Edgar Allan Poe's Tales of Terror (1962)

www.imdb.com...

Three tales are adapted by Richard Matheson and directed by Roger Corman: "Morella" is about a man (Vincent Price) still grieving over the death of his wife long ago. His daughter comes home for a visit and things do go bump in the night. "The Black Cat" has Peter Lorre as the drunken Montresor, who hates his wife's cat and meets wine taster Fortunato Luchresi (Price). Montressor learns that his wife and Fortunato are having an affair and plots revenge. "The Case of M Valdemar" again stars Price as a dying man who has a hypnotist friend try an experiment on him that goes awry in the scariest tale. Excellently done, with the right amount of humor and scares in it. Vincent Price may have been typecast, but he relished in these types of roles. B+

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Petulia (1968)

www.imdb.com...

Julie Christie and George C Scott star in this strange movie about an affair between a young married woman and a soon to be divorced middle aged doctor. Filmed in the usual psychedelic fashion many movies of the late 1960s, this one also has brief musical appearances by The Grateful Dead and other groups. A definite curio here, the movie doesn't seem to care if it makes sense or not, but it is interesting to watch. A commentary on the late 1960s hippie movement, with some warts added by director Richard Lester. C+

Shampoo (1975)

www.imdb.com...

Warren Beatty stars as a male hairdresser who is juggling work, all the women he is sleeping with and trying to set up his own shop. Julie Christie, Goldie Hawn and Lee Grant play the three main women in his life. A satirical look at life back then, although with all the actors in the celebrity news articles today, I think this movie seems all to real to many now. Good performances by all involved, this is more a drama then a comedy, with Jack Warden stealing some of the scenes from his younger counterparts. Look for Carrie Fisher's debut as Lee Grant's daughter in this movie. B

Demon Seed (1977)

www.imdb.com...

Fritz Weaver stars as a scientist who builds a computer with artificial intelligence called Proteus, using organic matter for its brain. Julie Christie is the soon to be ex-wife, who Proteus decides to have father its child. A strange twist on the machines taking over the world plot, and the movie title does make it sound cheesier than it actually is. While not a typical horror movie, this one is a fairly entertaining one that has a commentary on the environment in its day. (edited to add: Robert Vaughn does the voice of Proteus IV uncredited) B-

[edit on 8/3/2010 by kidflash2008]

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day (2009)

www.imdb.com...

This is the sequel to the cult favorite that actually lives up to the original. Sean Patrick Flanery and Norman Reedus star as the Saints and Billy Connolly returns as their father. After a priest is murdered in his church and it is set up to look like the Saints did it, the boys return for some more gratuitous violence. A lot of humor like the first one, and a new crazy partner too. Very entertaining that leaves it open for a third movie. B+

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
saw inception last week and boy was it terrible, it was very confusing and had some major plot holes. the only good thing about it was the acting the cast did a great job on there characters but thats about the only good thing about inception. I swear by all thats holy that I'm never going see another leonardo decaprio film as long as I live.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by scorpionxx
saw inception last week and boy was it terrible, it was very confusing and had some major plot holes. the only good thing about it was the acting the cast did a great job on there characters but thats about the only good thing about inception. I swear by all thats holy that I'm never going see another leonardo decaprio film as long as I live.

I know it's all "Personal opinion" and everyone's different and so on...

But your opinion couldn't be any further away from my own.

The film was excellent.... clever, well written, brilliantly acted and kept my attention in an edge-of-your-seat style.... I don't recall any plot holes as such but I guess if you couldn't even follow the film, then I would imagine the explanation of the created dream world, including rules and dangers and so on, multi-layered dream scenes as the film progressed... and in fact , most of the film would have been a little too much for you.

Also the ending was awesome... I Love ambiguity... and even whether it was ambiguous or not is ambiguous... which is great

Oh well.... Transformers 3 will be out soon

Also Leonardo Di Caprio is a great actor.... I never used to like him but he has done some great films and done them well.

[edit on 6/8/10 by blupblup]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Gaslight (1944)

www.imdb.com...

Ingrid Bergman and Charles Boyer star as husband and wife in the late 19th Century London. Ingrid plays Paula Alquist, who reluctantly moves back to her London home where her aunt was murdered ten years ago and is still unsolved. Charles plays Gregory Anton, a pianist who starts to slowly drive her insane. A young Angela Lansbury plays a maid in this classic film noir. Ingrid Bergman is radiant as always, and Charles Boyer is very sinister in his portrayal. A great movie to watch at night, and still holds up to this day.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
well went ot see the other guys and it was fricking awsome, will ferrall and mark wahlberg work well together. the plot ain't nothing to write home about but there ain't nothing funnier then seeing will ferral trying to do pimp talk. hiliarous movie I'll give it a 9/10.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian

It really wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Ben Stiller was more tolerable than usual and Amy Adams was great. The story line is basically a rehashing of the first, but it was still entertaining and I laughed out loud a couple of times.

All in all: 7.5/10.
Rent it.

TheAssoc.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Where There's Life (1947)

www.imdb.com...

Bob Hope stars in this comedy about a radio personality who finds out he is also the heir to a kingdom. The problem is some others don't want him there and comic mayhem ensues. Bob Hope fans will love this, but his comic shtick gets old pretty quick. Still it is short and entertaining. C

Slayground (1983)

www.imdb.com...

Peter Coyote stars in this movie about a thief who has a hitman on his trail after a little girl is killed in an accident by his driver. There are many scenes of characters popping in and out of this movie, and character actor Mel Smith has a small role. This movie is a convoluted mess, and I was rooting for the hitman. Add to it a terrible soundtrack and no one to care about. D

The Wicker Man (1973)

www.imdb.com...

Edward Woodward plays an uptight police sergeant and Christopher Lee plays the Lord Summerisle in this very entertaining movie. Sgt Howie (Woodward) flies to a remote island in Scotland to investigate a young girl's disappearance after receiving an anonymous letter. He soon finds paganism and is quite upset about it. He (and others) should always heed the warnings when the locals say to stay out of what they do not understand. There are musical type numbers and other strange scenes in this rather eerie movie, and Chris Lee plays his character with a passion. Many movies were made in this time period about the strange inhabitants of towns and islands, and this is a very good one. B+

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join