It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rate the movie you just watched

page: 38
<< 35  36  37   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I watched the Underworld trilogy. Loved the first movie and have for some time. The second was pretty good. The third seemed far weaker than the other two but still somewhat enjoyable.

I am not into vampire lore and all that. but i love vampire movies and such. Even as cheesy as True Blood is, i like it.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I saw the movie To Big to Fail last night. It was pretty good, well made. I did fall asleep before it ended though, so may pick up where I left off later this afternoon.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Mary And Max

WOW.... what a movie.
I've wanted to see this since I first heard about it a couple of years ago.
This is a very dark yet beautiful movie.... It's touching and funny and is a real rollercoaster of a movie...It's absurd, darkly hilarious and very observant.

The two characters are fascinating and their relationship even more so.

This is a very unique movie and one that you will not forget in a hurry.

I thought it was beautiful, sad, funny and deeply affecting.

8.5/10
edit on 6/6/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I forgot to post this the other day. We watched "The Boy In The Striped Pajamas". Outstanding. Freaking outstanding. Had never heard of it, but my son (who is more into Nazi lore than me) brought it up while perusing Netflix last weekend.

Summary:

Set during World War II, a story seen through the innocent eyes of Bruno, the eight-year-old son of the commandant at a concentration camp, whose forbidden friendship with a Jewish boy on the other side of the camp fence has startling and unexpected consequences.

www.imdb.com...

It is a heartbreaker, for sure. But the sweet innocence of two boys (a Jewish prisoner and the son of the commanant of Auschwitz) juxtaposed against the grim reality of the world and times they lived in.

You HAVE to see this movie.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I'm almost ashamed to bring this movie up but I had to watch it because i'm in it for about 5 seconds. Typical Disney, feel good BS.

www.youtube.com...

If you watch it...look for this guy.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6626cdb6267b.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 6-6-2011 by whaaa because: ptptptpt

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I just watched "Fair Game" tonight. Pretty good movie. I am more believing of the story, as told in the movie, than what came through the media filter. I also think GW Bush is an MKUltra progeny, and not really "in" on the lies.

Regardless of my own opinions on the WMD debacle, I can once again say that Sean Penn may be one of the best actors I have ever seen. I honestly thought at times that Joe Wilson was in the movie.

From the purely entertainment value, it is a good movie. Sean Penn's ability to act is always worth a $1 "Red Box" dvd rental. Even though I can't stand him outside of his acting.

We also watched "Gulliver's Travels" with Jack Black. Mildly entertaining if you are wanting some junk food for your brain. There were some funny parts....but not memorable in any way.

Tomorrow morning we will watch "True Grit"...hear it is really good.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Saw two movies last night (love that Redbox)....

RED - Great movie, just what I expected. If you like spy flicks, it's certainly up your alley. John Malkovich was a real scene-stealer (of course), as a crazed out ex-spy.

PIRANHA 3 - Too bad I couldn't find a 3d version of this. What a great homage to the old horror movies of my childhood that kept me out of the water and dark woods! Sure, it's cheesy, but this actually succeeded in maintaining the cheese, while stepping it up. The effects were amazing, for one (I mean the gore, not the CGI fish). Lots of gratuitous nudity too, which you just don't see in horror movies that much anymore. A real nostalgic trip.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The last couple of weeks i watch world war II related movies and i have a big list:

Der Untergang 10/10
Attack on Leningrad 5/10
Valkyrie 7/10
Miracle at st Anna 8/10
Flammen & Citronen 6/10
Zwartboek 7/10
Eichmann 8/10
In enemy hands 7/10
U-571 4/10
Stalingrand 8/10

And a couple nno WWII related movies:

Das Experiment 9/10