It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 304
<< 301  302  303    305  306  307 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Looks like you got a 'deader' Neno. Just how the teeth are getting into the house is the question. Freaky that.
About the growler. You should talk to my daughter about that - hint hint. She knows first hand about growlers.
I'd love to hear it - but - then again - in a way would rather not. Had my fill of the SN a long time ago. Whoever/whatever is 'around and about' your place? I hope they find peace and leave you in it soon.

Yeah, I figured you'd enjoy the last Taggart post, lol, and yeah, I can see him doing just that when he wakes - sending troops OUT instead of IN. Of course he'll not go though being the new boss and all... That'll leave him all alone with Neno and the snakes...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

The Index Thread is caught back up now.

There is at least one "spook" already in this house, and maybe up to 3. We reached an understanding - if they don't bother me, I don't throw them out. I figure that they were here first, so if they behave, we don't have a problem.

These teeth are bothersome. I think the dogs are bringing them in, but I'm not positive on that, it just fits the circumstances. I searched the back yard, which is fenced in such that it's the only place they can go outside, and found nothing yesterday. It's going to tick me off if I find a deader out there anywhere and the cops have to dig my yard up and disrupt my life with backhoes and such.

These women folk here would go spastic - they're already a pretty spookable bunch.

Maybe I need to get ahold of mf_luder. I think this sort of thing is a specialty of his, maybe especially the "growler".

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

The teeth-image reminds me of when BIAD and my family visited
The Devil's Tower in Wyoming.

The Man/Girl had a habit of shedding his back teeth for a little while
and every so often, a large Wisdom tooth would be found on my pillow
in the morning.
Like a cat bringing a dead bird into the house, I guess it was some
sort of tribute.

So when on vacation, we stayed at Mammoth Hot Springs in Yellowstone
and being devoid of TV and other distractions, BIAD went and discussed the
weather with the Elk that passed through every morning.
Sure enough, as I awoke and spotted the red-dressed weirdo explaining how
rain in England was a national treasure to the wary-looking animals, I felt a long
bulky tooth on the pillow beside me.

Later, we went on to Devil's Tower and BIAD seemed very excited... He's never
fully explained why and after viewing the natural wonder, we travelled along a small
road towards the East.

BIAD kept staring out of the back window and I saw an ideal place on a high area
on the side of the road to take a last photograph, so we stopped and I got out.
Taking the camera from the trunk of the car, I saw BIAD's large tooth sitting in the
camera-case and for some reason, dropped it in my pocket.

Another 'Tower-enthusiast' was already there and armed with a tripod and fancy
camera, he scowled at me and my little hand-held image-grabber.
I took the picture and glancing beside me, a weathered fencepost looked on as well.

I jammed BIAD's tooth into the top of the post and turned to the car with a thumbs-up,
"Great shot" I exclaimed and climbed down with care.
The young man with the techinal wizardry looked unsure and as I got into the vehicle,
I looked up and saw him move his tripod to where I had been stood.

We sped away and glancing once more behind me and passed BIAD's black mane,
I saw a wide-eyed man staring at a large molar buried in the wood.

I hear now that BIAD's ivory is highly-prized in some circles... so that guy came out
ahead, I suppose!
edit on 6-1-2012 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

I hear now that BIAD's ivory is highly-prized in some circles... so that guy came out
ahead, I suppose!

My daughter was researching the teeth on the internet yesterday, and found out that they are worth 9 dollars apiece to hoodoo practitioners, so if a few more show up, I'm taking them to the bank!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I once saw a string of 'em in the 'Covens 'R' Us' store near to my house
and I wondered if that's how BIAD paid for a certain Christmas gift for my
wife... a payment for allowing him to stay out of the rain -methinks!
edit on 6-1-2012 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Wow guys, you've all been busy!!

I have found myself distracted in the religion and philosophy forums; sorry for not focusing here in our Opera.

BAD wildtimes! BAD!

I have uploaded some images for use in my next post....and this one seems it's going to be more about working the images in (because they "speak" to me and inspire me when I get off-track with my storyline). It's still cooking, but I want it to be as good as it can, so please be patient with me. I haven't read your posts since I last submitted mine, but HOLY COW, all the VIOLENCE that I see in the Index Thread!!

And the teeth, well, wow. I'll get caught up with you all soon, I promise...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
Wow guys, you've all been busy!!

I have found myself distracted in the religion and philosophy forums; sorry for not focusing here in our Opera.

BAD wildtimes! BAD!

nah. It's all good. I go kick over bar stools in the politics and social areas of ATS, then come running back here to hide out for a while myself!

I have uploaded some images for use in my next post....and this one seems it's going to be more about working the images in (because they "speak" to me and inspire me when I get off-track with my storyline). It's still cooking, but I want it to be as good as it can, so please be patient with me. I haven't read your posts since I last submitted mine, but HOLY COW, all the VIOLENCE that I see in the Index Thread!!

No worries - we'll be here.

And the teeth, well, wow. I'll get caught up with you all soon, I promise...

I got in touch with someone that knows a lot more about paranormal stuff than I do, and we're working on getting to the bottom of it. Generally speaking, if I can't grab it, slap it, or shoot it, I ignore it, and that's just not working for me at the moment.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

nah. It's all good. I go kick over bar stools in the politics and social areas of ATS, then come running back here to hide out for a while myself!

TOTALLY that's what it is..^^^^..either kicking over bar stools, or actually getting into really heady convos with like-minded folks. Both are fun, though the kicking makes me lol more than the studious stuff...

but yeah, THIS is my ATS SAFE PLACE, fer sher!
hugs!

You all have FAR more interesting lives than I do at the moment, based on all the working thread disclosures. I feel all "dull" by comparison!

Would love to hear more about your teeth and spooks! You got any threads with more detail you can point me to?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Something has been nagging at me ever since neno picked that sword up in the cave, at the fight with the dragon.

The sword there is named "Caliburn". Somehow, in my mind, that was equated with "Excalibur", but I never investigated into it. Now Death and Pandora are trying to get ahold of "Excalibur", so it started nagging at me again, and I checked into it.

The name Excalibur apparently derives from the Welsh Caledfwlch which combines the elements caled ("battle, hard"), and bwlch ("breach, gap, notch").[1] Geoffrey of Monmouth Latinised this to Caliburnus (likely influenced by the medieval Latin spelling calibs of Classical Latin chalybs "steel"), the name of Arthur's sword in his 12th-century work Historia Regum Britanniae. Caliburnus or Caliburn became Excalibur, Escalibor, and other variations when the Arthurian legend entered into French literature.

source

So then, for the purposes of the Space Opera, are Caliburn and Excalibur the same sword? The one currently strapped to a riderless horse, being led around by a giant green Xang Cat?

Are those two conspiring to take neno's sword - the sword of the god of war? If they are, now ain't THAT ballsy!

What was that old legend about Arthur sleeping at Glastonbury in company of his knights, destined to return some day? Won't he be upset with neno, too?

It's not easy being a war god...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Okay, NOW you're getting me inspired again...
and yes, it is glaringly apparent to me that Excalibur is Caliburn...
and yes, Arthur was slain and taken to Avalon on the barge to wait until he cometh again ....

having said that, Gert is the mother of both Dag and Brittle, and she is the Lady of the Lake (in my thinking)...as well. Which means that she was/is caring for Arthur....and we have her meeting up with those two, who are children by different fathers, of course, like all the offspring of the Avalon priestesses...

and now Adam is going to meet up with them too...

is Adam somehow connected to the Avalonians as well? (Aside from his thing with Dag)...maybe they are ----
GASP ------
Oh NOEZ!!!!

Okay, it's coming together, it's coming together......probably tomorrow....gotta let it all mix in for a while, like a pot of good chili.....

THANKS!!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

You all have FAR more interesting lives than I do at the moment, based on all the working thread disclosures. I feel all "dull" by comparison!

Would love to hear more about your teeth and spooks! You got any threads with more detail you can point me to?

"Interesting" ain't all it's cracked up to be...
Dull and boring are FAR more preferable. There is a whole lot of back story, but I hesitate making a thread out of it. You KNOW that would call out all the debunkers, and I've got a reputation to uphold as being close to sane - but not quite there. This story would blow that right out of the water, and I'm not entirely sure I believe parts of it myself.

The teeth are real, concrete. I could crush them with a hammer, I can throw them at neighborhood kids, I can photograph them. They are real, solid, actual, even if of unknown origin. Some of this stuff right now is a bit more... ummm.... "subjective". The audio recordings are real. the video is real. I just don't really know what was captured in either one. I e-mailed them to an expert in such matters, and have been answering questions for the past couple of hours trying to get to the bottom of it.

Depending on how it goes, I may make a YouTube account for the video, but I'm not sure how to toss audio out onto the 'net. I slowed the video down to 1/10 of the normal frame rate, and I STILL don't know what the heck it is. I played with the audio, slowed it down, sped it up, amplified it, etc, and it's a growl. Pure and simple. No words involved in it. Just a growl, sounding a bit like a lion's cough.

Meanwhile, here's an interesting thread: Demons 101

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

KEWL!!
Hey, would you object to emailing it to me?

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Nah. U2U your e-mail address to me again, and I'll get several versions of it out - regular speed, slow speed, enhanced, etc.

ETA: It may be a while. I just noticed what time it is, so I've got to get ready for work, and hit the road.

edit on 2012/1/6 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Got the email...haven't opened it up yet, but I will....
Have a good night at work!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Neno - would you try something?
Remember how you said way back - something about jingling coins in your pocket - or someone in your family did? Keep those teeth in your pocket for a while. When the urge to 'jingle' them pops up - take a look at EXACTLY what is around you, where you are, how you feel, etc.
You've got those teeth for a reason. It's time to figure out why. This is a first step.

From there, where is that sword anyway? The one you picked up in the cave? Did I miss where it got off to?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

I think the sword is something that has endured through the ages that
has picked up power in it's journey.
What Death, Pandora and the others... and I'm sure there are more deities
that have agendas, want it for is still unclear.

Excalibur, The Caliburn, The Caledfwlch... I'll wager are all the same weapon
wrapped with stories and myths from all over the place.
On other planets, these stories could build up and again, a mighty sword is
a great object to hold one's attention, males will always enjoy the feel of something
that can kill and as Freud would say... it's an extention of a man's *****!
(BIAD won't say that word!)

So this sword, this symbol of honour and fairness -trickles through time and seems
to be yearned for by those who seek power.
Oddly enough in The Opera, it tends to fall into the hands of those who don't want
power... there may be a rough-justice there.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Remember how you said way back - something about jingling coins in your pocket - or someone in your family did? Keep those teeth in your pocket for a while. When the urge to 'jingle' them pops up - take a look at EXACTLY what is around you, where you are, how you feel, etc.
You've got those teeth for a reason. It's time to figure out why. This is a first step.

I agree!

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Sure, I can do that. I probably ought to put them in a snuff box or something so that they "jingle". That's probably a better idea than drilling them and making a necklace...

From there, where is that sword anyway? The one you picked up in the cave? Did I miss where it got off to?

It rode off with neno's horse when the horse dumped him and jumped the ambush line. It's still in good hands - Sslar went after the horse, and who's gonna argue with her over a slip of sharp steel?

edit on 2012/1/7 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

I think the sword is something that has endured through the ages that
has picked up power in it's journey.
What Death, Pandora and the others... and I'm sure there are more deities
that have agendas, want it for is still unclear.

I'm not sure they can meet neno's asking price... Seriously, what do you bribe a man with when he already has everything he wants, and a lot of stuff he doesn't? I don't think he's met Pandora yet, but if Death is involoved, neno will be suspicious on general principle.

Excalibur, The Caliburn, The Caledfwlch... I'll wager are all the same weapon
wrapped with stories and myths from all over the place.
On other planets, these stories could build up and again, a mighty sword is
a great object to hold one's attention, males will always enjoy the feel of something
that can kill and as Freud would say... it's an extention of a man's *****!
(BIAD won't say that word!)

All Earth cultures that ever developed or adopted swords have revered the sword - long after the usefulness of a sword as a weapon was gone. They are named, they are handed down through generations or buried with the owner. There's no reason I can figure out that aliens cultures would be any different - assuming they had swords to begin with. It's a fairly basic design - just the extension of a pointy stick - so they probably had them at one time or another.

So this sword, this symbol of honour and fairness -trickles through time and seems
to be yearned for by those who seek power.
Oddly enough in The Opera, it tends to fall into the hands of those who don't want
power... there may be a rough-justice there.

yeah, there is no justice! Oddly, in the real world those least suited to wield power are usually the very ones attracted to it, While those most likely to make good use of it run away if they can.

This is why none of our politicians anywhere are worth a damn. You can quote that as "The neno Theory".

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Okay, gang! I forced the Muse out of bed before dawn today...and we got some work done!

Up next (soon, but not today, as I'm going to spend the day with my ma), we will learn more about these "oarsmen", and Gert will advise Dag and Brittle that they must get to Fairy Stone Park, and are not to use the underground canals and passages to get there.

That means they are going topside again, but more enlightened and disillusioned than before. Meanwhile, Adam will be taken to the Naica cave in said barge, and Gert and the two who brought him will confront him there. Stay tuned!!

Have a GREAT day!

new topics

top topics

<< 301  302  303    305  306  307 >>

join