It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 307
<< 304  305  306    308  309  310 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Weekly Hell on Wheels synopsis - the last one, until this fall.

Most of the memorable quotes go to Swede/Death in this episode, such as:

"Dis man, he not gonna give oop. Yew kin kep ronnink, but wun day, he yoost gonna show oop on yir durstep, an' kill yew dit." Plain text translation: "This man, he's not going to stop. you can keep running, but one day, he's just going to show up on your doorstep and kill you dead." - spoken to Sergeant Harper, when convincing him to return to camp and testify against Bohannon to the US Marshals. This is a fine description of neno - it may take him years, but if he's after someone, he'll get him.

"In the midst of my homeland there is a god who go by the name of Loki. This Loki is the god of chaos. He cause nothing but trouble everywhere he go. No matter how hard the other gods try to catch him, the slippery little devil always manages to escape." - equating Bohannon to the Norse god Loki, which he is referred to as several times in the course of the episode. As a matter of fact, the episode title is "God of Chaos". It sort of reminded me of neno's new status - which he, too, doesn't want to own.

"Yoost es I tought - Killink me Doos nawt equait in yir moral matematics". Plain text translation: "Just as I thought. Killing me does not equate in your moral mathematics." - spoken to Bohannon, who fails to kill him after pointing a pistol between his eyes seeking information on the whereabouts of Sgt. Harper.

The opening scene gives us visual background into the reason for Bohannon's quest to find the killers of his family, and kill them right back. It reminds me of a story I wrote nearly 20 years ago - the one I sent Silo a link to. Same basic premise, same basic results.

The preacher falls off the wagon (and possibly off the deep end), encourages Bohannon to "Choose hate - it's so much easier" as he's putting the guy he beheaded last week into a pine box. This "encouragement" leaves Bohannon somewhat perplexed, coming as it does from a preacher.

Mrs. Lilly Bell takes a shine to Bohannon, says "Whatever happened to your wife and son, please don't let it kill the man they loved." Bohannon replies "Too late fer that, ma'am". She spends most of the show watching and waiting for Bohannon to show up - as at the dance.

Swede brings Sgt. Harper back to the camp - 'tis a sight to behold how neno - er, I mean Bohannon, stalks the camp hunting down the sergeant for most of the episode.

Swede gets tarred and feathered, and ran out of camp by the merchants and laborers he's been preying on.

Bohannon finally finds and kills Sgt. Harper - kills him with his bare hands. Only then does he find out that he's killed the wrong man. I do not know how that actor managed to get that look on his face while he was choking the life out of Harper. It was downright scary.

After Bohannon kills Harper, he finally shows up at the dance, where he sees Lilly Bell dancing with his boss and nemesis Durant (as she constantly looks over Durant's shoulder, searching for Bohannon). Thinking there's nothing left for him in camp, Bohannon goes on the run, ahead of the US Marshals.

Swede, walking down the tracks to somewhere that people may not want to be killing him, finds a wanted poster that the Marshals have issued for Bohannon, with a 250 dollar bounty. Things ain't looking good for Bohannon, but recall Swede's words about Loki - "the slippery little devil always manages to escape."

Bohannon is made a "god" in this episode, just as neno has been...

Fade to black.

ETA: The new season of "Justified" starts up on FX this Tuesday night. I can't equate any of the characters or events in it to the Space Opera, so don't expect synopses, but DAYUM it reminds me of home! Check it out if you want to get a feel for where I grew up. Just the opening credits could be scenes from any one of dozens of little podunk storefront towns that dot the landscape there. It's set in eastern Kentucky, around Hazard, near where neno and Silo are in the story at the moment, but 300 odd years before the story line in the Space Opera, and it's just across Pine Mountain (where runs the state line) from my old stomping grounds.

edit on 2012/1/16 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I think the timeline in the story is just now congealing in my head... BIAD is in the "past", in the time of Arthur. So when he throws the sword into the lake, that sets it up to reappear in... the future, i.e. in the dragon cave where neno found it, correct?

If that's the case, what happens if it's transported from the future, back into the past where it already is?

Can the same object, composed of the same molecules (unlike living organisms, whose molecules are constantly changing out for new ones) exist at the same time? Will not the universe implode or something? Does the "arrival" of one push the other out to... somewhere else?

ETA: yeah - neno would have been proud of the way BIAD carried himself in the Lancelot encounter!

My kid loves that song "Copperhead Road" by Steve Earl. There's history there, but I won't go too far into it...
Regarding the fight with the copperhead, and Dag picking up a stick to do combat with it, my dear old dad was as crazy as I am, and would thrash around in the night woods without a flashlight, just like I do. One night, he was trudging back home when a copperhead struck at the back of his leg. It missed the bite, but he could feel it sliding down his calf. He took a step to get clear of it, then bent over to pick up a stick to beat it with, but suddenly snatched his hand back up and went on his way towards home. See, copperheads tend to live in groups, and he said he was afraid he might pick up another copperhead to beat the first one to death with!

edit on 2012/1/16 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Mornin' team Yydryl!

I've put up two more posts, and I see Silo slipped one in between the two of them.

Quick update: The (Ex)Calibur(n) is now in no one's possession, but Ben has gone after Dag and Brittle, who have pitched a camp for the night. They launched the flare and Ben saw it, so he will be able to meet up with them shortly (unless something interferes).

Gert and Merlin are in the Naica Cave, having remotely viewed the snake-attack, and it's established that Gert knows the Splitter, who has colluded with her to move things along to the desired conclusion. The Splitter will be arriving with Adam in tow at the cross-cavern where Bridget and Bella are waiting to take him into the Naica Cave, and there he will wait with Gert and Merlin for Dag and Brittle to arrive.

Not sure how the sword is going to get there as well, I'm leaving that up to BIAD at this point, but there will be ample opportunity for a confrontation between Brittle and Adam over who is more entitled to Dag's companionship....and possibly Adam will discover he was once called a King.

What happened to the index, guys? Shall I go in and update it on everyone's posts?

Here are my two summaries:

writer = wildtimes
Page 64
Post on page: 10 A Real Hero's Hero
NPC: Merlin (and it's established that the outfitter boy's name is Cain)
New term: none
Pic or tune? no
Brief outline: Ben and Cain the outfitters' apprentice are closing up shop for the day when Brittle's horse returns home from the snake ordeal. Ben sends Cain home, and takes it upon himself to go after Dag and Brittle. Meanwhile, in the Naica Cave, Gert and Merlin have watched the episode in the scrying pool and discuss their perspectives on the proceedings.

writer = wildtimes
Page 64
Post on page: 12 Sibling Rivalry
NPC: none
New term: none
Pic or tune? no
Brief outline: Dag and Brittle debate over their best plan of action and eventually agree to light the flare and wait for help. Ben sees it and is headed their way, but he misses the Caliburn laying across the trail, leaving it without a keeper for the time being.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I think the timeline in the story is just now congealing in my head... BIAD is in the "past", in the time of Arthur.
So when he throws the sword into the lake, that sets it up to reappear in... the future,
i.e. in the dragon cave where neno found it, correct?

YesSir, we can only presume that the cave is it's destination... the sword may
show up in another place before the Dragon's cave... but of course, there's no
way of knowing that!

BIAD says 'thank you' for your view on his aggressive manner!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

What happened to the index, guys? Shall I go in and update it on everyone's posts?

Honestly? If people are not going to keep up with it then I'm letting it go too.
And no, that's not me being grumpy!
If it's too much bother than it's worth the last thing I wanted was to distract from everyone's enjoyment of Saga II by getting mechanical and it seems to be detracting from the thread/Saga - soooo I've not been back to it.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Oh...okay then

I was finding it helpful...but that's cool. I'll continue to give brief summaries in this thread, though....and would appreciate if you guys did, too...sometimes I get inspired and don't want to interrupt my train of thought by going and reading the posts inbetween...I like to post mine and then go back and read your guys's....

but at least I hope we can continue to give tips on where we're headed and clearing it with others.

Missed you silo! Hope all is well!!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

If you'd like to go back and do a few entries in sequence I'll do some to - I don't mind helping keeping it going but I just don't want to get tied down to doing all of it.
Missed you too. Life's playing at being hell at the moment - I don't mean to be so 'offish'...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
ALL RIGHT, attention everyone!

I have updated the Index Thread for us to the present...and I'm not going to name names, but BIAD has been remiss in posting his indices. Oh, wait, sorry.
Oh well, what's done is done, and I can't be expected to go back and edit it out now. LOL. (No, it was no problem at all, I had planned to do it anyway this morning...
It was a good review for me)

Anyhow, I made an entry for his, mine, and silo's to get us current.

BIAD, do you not want to participate anymore in the Index? You've been quite prolific I realize that, and LOVE the artwork....or did you just forget, you lickle Limey?

Nenothtu, are you joining in again soon? (of course you are. I didn't mean that to be a question.) Do you want to dump the index, or shall we keep it up?

Silo has stated her position (sorry things have been going roughly for you, dear heart)

Okay, so, just let me/us know, gentlemen.....I find it helpful, but I can just keep my own track if you two find it unnecessary for your own purposes.

HUGS ALL ROUND!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

BIAD says 'thank you' for your view on his aggressive manner!

Aggressive? I didn't see it so much as aggressive as firm - a refusal to brook dissent. Picking him up by the throat until he peed himself may have been a bit over the top...
but it was effective,and who can argue with results?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Picking him up by the throat until he peed himself may have been a bit over the top... but it was effective,and who can argue with results?

Erm, are you just jealous you weren't there to do it first?? LOL
You guys rock.
I have a list of people who need to pee themselves in fear, if you're interested....

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Nah. I can't even hold a candle to BIAD's permo-wig. that thing is like an octopus that carries knives and straight-razors!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Nah. I can't even hold a candle to BIAD's permo-wig. that thing is like an octopus that carries knives and straight-razors!

I know! Right?
I want one!!
But the boy man/girl being has yet to tell me where he gets them!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

BIAD, do you not want to participate anymore in the Index? You've been quite prolific I realize that,
and LOVE the artwork....or did you just forget, you lickle Limey?

I was waiting on the next index post... and just thought everyone had give it up!

I attempted twice and found Silo hadn't added... I know she's having difficult times
-so being a typical 'Limey' stood quietly in the queue and smiled weakly.

edit on 16-1-2012 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

But the boy man/girl being has yet to tell me where he gets them!

Ah... and there lies the rub!
BIAD had no idea his 'hair' did what it does, The documents that would show
that either Prof Shaw added it or was with him when he 'showed up' in the tank
in the small Lab in Corona -haven't been released and when I once asked him
about it (he was assisting my wife putting clothes on the washing line with it)...
he was vague.
This isn't unusual... he's always vague.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

He can also make excellent spaghetti carbonara with it too!

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

This isn't unusual... he's always vague.

Maybe he is... maybe he... isn't...

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

He can also make excellent spaghetti carbonara with it too!

That phrase - "spaghetti carbonara"... translates into hillbilly as "burnt s'ghetti". I hope the permo-wig is firmly attached - if it lost a hair, how would you tell it from the noodles?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Eeek! And here I was waiting on Neno who probably posted and I missed it, lol!
Just have BIAD give me a little wig-whip next time!

By the way - has anyone seen Margo's eyes yet? Just wondering...

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

No problems, M'Lady... and no, I've never heard Neno mention
Margo's eyes... you don't think that she's really...?

Who?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
DONE-DONE... ONTO THE NEXT ONE! -as The Foo Fighters would say.

BIAD is making his way back to the reality and time of where we first started.
Phew! it was tough going... putting words between all those images -I mean!

edit on 17-1-2012 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 304  305  306    308  309  310 >>

join