It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 308
<< 305  306  307    309  310  311 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I may be a bit less active here than even usual for a few days. I've started a new thread - only the second in my entire time here, yes, I think it's THAT important - and may or may not be busy keeping up with it, depending on whether it catches fire or not.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Good luck with it Neno. I also might not be able to get to the story line for a few. My friend who went in for open heart surgery was doing ok then went on a downhill spiral. New surgery and thought he was better and now he's back in for emergency surgery and kidney failure. I'm going to get some blood work done to see if I can donate one of mine. Cross your fingers.

I'll be back to finish up with the story line ASAP...

peace

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Oh dear. I'm so sorry to hear that, silo, I've been thinking about you a lot and hoping he was doing well. Is the health care there up to snuff? Wish I could come and help you out around the homestead while you deal with this.

Big hug, and big prayers for the well-being of you and yours...

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

That's cool. I laid awake in the dark reaaallly early this morning imagining what Adam, Gert, the Fremens, et al are going to do next....I could use a little low-gear myself to work it out before posting....
we'll be here for you and silo. In your safe and secure place here to which I've only recently been invited but feel a sense of anchorage and security among kindred.

Love you all...!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Donate a kidney?

"No greater love hath man, than to lay down his life for his brother".

Giving a kidney is above and beyond. I salute you!

Good luck, and I hope all goes well!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Thanks!

Considering the fire I'm trying to light, you might not want me running towards what you consider "sanctuary", though!

It's called "recon by fire" - you throw a few rounds out, see what sort of response you get, but best be ready to run - any direction will do, so long as you don't stay standing on the big red "X"!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

so long as you don't stay standing on the big red "X"

Awww... CRAP! RedX is the ultra-cool independent grocery/liquor/hardware store where I get my cigs for all of $2 a pack! DAMmit!

*sigh*

Obvi I'm onto your thread. Um....when push comes to shove, will you give me and my man your coords so we can have each others' backs?
And alternatively, feel free to come here....we'd all make a great team.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Obvi I'm onto your thread. Um....when push comes to shove, will you give me and my man your coords so we can have each others' backs?
And alternatively, feel free to come here....we'd all make a great team.

Well, I can send coordinates for a rally point, but it won't be here - assuming I evade the dragnet, I'm heading into Vandalia on foot and over the hills. I'm planning for around 3 weeks of E+E en route. That allows for a leisurely walk and a lot of laying up under rock cliffs and the like. I ain't about to go vehicular along roads, because roads are "game trails" for the predatory among us. At a hard push I can walk it in 10 days (@ 25 miles a day, more or less), but I'd expect a hard push would be more or less out of the question. Too many potential ambush points that would have to be under observation for a period of time each, and you have to watch those "game trails" for a while to see what's going on along them before you just pop up and sprint across into the brush on the other side.. Within 4 or 5 days I'd be among the "friendly tribes", but even they have to be watched for infiltrators!

edit on 2012/1/18 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

BIAD and I send our best wishes to your friend and I hope all
goes well.
Stay positive

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Thanks all - And Wild - to answer your question he's in the States. I'm having blood work done here before even thinking of getting on a plane. Added note? If I had to do it here - I'd be keeping my body parts, lol. Health Care here is worse than third world. Really. True story that. I'm taking a risk even getting blood drawn!

So - I was watching a documentary about the Gate of the God's - Ok, so we're nowhere near Peru in the Saga - but - I'd sure like to get there at some point. I was thinking, if for some reason Pip/Gep/Margo/Carpet/Chumley and Silo get marooned - not able to get back to Ship? That just might be where they're headed. I can see some great ship voyages and over land trips... I'd love a 'safari' type segment...

Question: Where did the 'plug nickle' go? From the Splitter story? Anyone know?

I don't think I'll be able to post today - but - I've got most of the post worked out in my head where Margo meets up with the 2 fake Neno's while checking on Gep and Pip - where Silo meets up with all of them. So we'll have them all in a bunch and just have to wait to see what Neno does with Taggart before going any farther.
LOL, Maybe Chumley and Carpet in their Neno suits will go to 'look' for the 'real' Neno, who's with Taggart. Poor Taggart will have a fit of apoplexy - not just one Neno, but three!

Added note: Don't worry - I'm not getting ahead of you all in the Saga - just posting what I was thinking. Once Neno and Taggart have their showdown and we all meet up we can go from there...no need to head for Peru! LOL!
edit on 20-1-2012 by silo13 because: see above

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Ah!

I was waiting to see if Margot was going to do anything with Taggart, since it was posted in the story that she intended to kill him before neno could get his grubby mitts in trouble over it!

There's ideas swirling around in the dark mists of my head. Taggart wouldn't be the only one nonplussed to find two extra nenos - neno would get a bit confused as well, but it would plant the idea in his mind that there must be a clone factory around there somewhere, since we have a copy of Margo in Margot, and now two more of him...
There's fun to be had there, and it doesn't matter that he's wrong and they're not clones - it only matters that he thinks they are!

"Chumley? Carpet? Is that YOU? That's a heck of a job of plastic surgery there! I'd go so far as to call it 'plastique surgery", 'cause it's explosive! Mah head almost blew up!"

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
My husband got the call this morning!!

He starts his new job on 30 Jan!! With a big raise from his last position, which was a contract that ended abruptly with no notice...
this one is direct hire, permanent, full bennies start right away.

WOOT!!

Thanks, friends, for your friendship. I feel like we just had a new baby, calling everyone I know...spreading the joy.

I've been praying, I've been rallying the gang of angels, and so has everyone we know...
big HUG from wildtimes' household!
ON TOPIC;
My left hand is still numb and weak...ulnar nerve entrapment?
doing a one and a half-handed sort of combo hunt'n'peck to get my ats fix.

Thoughts to all of you, you're awesome.
I predict all good things for all of us with the new year.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Great Wildtimes and well don to your hubby!

So we'll crack open a bottle of cyber-champagne and if we
can deter BIAD from his table-dancing antics, we'll celebrate
the good news!

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

Great Wildtimes and well don to your hubby!

So we'll crack open a bottle of cyber-champagne and if we
can deter BIAD from his table-dancing antics, we'll celebrate
the good news!

woohoo!!
We've already started on the spiced mead....would you like some? Hot in the crockpot!!
And I can't WAIT for the table dance! I'll get my bloomers from the next room....brb.....

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Fantastic News! Grats all around!

I was in hopes to get a post up last night - but - got distracted by starting a thread I had NO idea would blossom as it has.

Back to the story line! I hope to have something up today.

hugs

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I too -hope to write something today... I've been swatting up
on Native American deities and it can get very confusing!

Anyway, Hugs Silo!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Congrats on the job! Glad to hear it! Being off contract for a while can wear on the nerves and put strains where strains don't need to be, and I'm glad the cavalry has finally come over the hill!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Hey, can you give us a preview of what your plan is for the N.A. deities? I want to work those into Dag and Brittle's journey...Brittle is going to need their guidance....

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Sure, I was going to have BIAD meet these beings and obtain information
about Death and Pandora's devious plans.

Uktena -the Horned Snake (I had to include him as we name a town
after him on Carbiox!)
Nun 'Yuni' Wi -There are several versions of this deity on the internet,
but I went with the being that always carried a cane that a Medicine Man
could lead into the campsite and deal with pregnant women.
The Raven Mocker -A deity that visits a dying person and removes their lifeforce,
he shows up in a cloud of sparks and a sound of wind.
Tsul 'Kalu - A shaggy being that carries a 'slanted back' I presume it's connected
to the Sasquatch lore.

Hope it helps.

Edit: Heh Neno... this is your area of expertise, nuh?
edit on 21-1-2012 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Do ya'll ever get the feeling you just want to 'duck and run for cover'?
My friend in the hospital is going back in for his third surgery - lungs keep filling with blood (what little lung he has left from what I understand) and he's god kidney failure (as I've said before).

So what happens now? His mother has a stroke and dies last night. Holy moly!

I'll be posting today though - woopie woopie - but it's got to get done.

Looking forward to reading about the 'deities' BIAD!

Happy Sunday All!

top topics

<< 305  306  307    309  310  311 >>

join