It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 301
<< 298  299  300    302  303  304 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
All you 'Saga' family members of mine.
Take care of you and yours.
Each of you mean the world to me in a freaky Space Opera Saga kind'a way...
New friends, old friends, those crazy ones in between. I care for you all...

That being said? 2012 is not to late to take better care of yourselves!!!

A friend of mine lost her husband to a massive MI a couple of days before Christmas.
I was telling my best friend/foe (ain't that the way love goes) about this and he replied - 'Well hell, you could drop dead today, I could have a heart attack and that would be that.'
His words were prophetic.
He also had a massive MI Christmas Eve. He's going in for a quadruple bi-pas tomorrow.

So really all you reading - take care of you - you might not know it but your well being matters to a lot of people, and, it matters to me.

On that note I've asked a droid to sign off on the papers to the Tumbler II and I think if you keep your eyes open you'll see a 'Carpet' like you've never seen before 'off to the rescue'...

peace to you all

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Hello, all, hope you and yours are well and recovering.

I had two choices today -- clean my home and resume de-clutter started 51 weeks ago; or lose myself in my fantasy world.

Knowing that all of you were missing me, chomping at the bit to hear my explanation of the flub of my last entry (which I only discovered myself while preparing a new post), I was obliged to explain myself.

There IS a plan for a new entry to the story, but in the meantime I thought some excerpts from recent research might facilitate keeping everyone on the same wave here.

(Doh! Did I really do that? I HATE it when that happens!) *slaps forehead and wonders when daughter will be arriving*

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Oh no!! Oh, Silo, I'm just so sorrowful to hear that.
Your best friend suffers a sudden loss...and now you find yourself in a similar strait. I wish there was something I could say. Oddly, after my father passed away of CHF and COPD, my husband within two weeks awoke me in the wee hours and needed the ER. He nearly died himself, of pneumonia and a collapsed lung related to treatment for empyema. I had just watched my dad's long-running suffering end in his release from this plane, and was still reeling from it, only to find myself watching the same thing happening to my husband.

I do understand the fear, the frantic feeling of helplessness and the bewilderment that accompanies such sudden disasters. I pray your girl friend finds solace in time. I pray also, that your loved one survives the surgery and that you will enjoy more days together in future.

I hold you dearly in my heart; and I am saddened and chastened by this news. There is no emoticon that can express it.
Love to you, dear. You are in my prayers.

edit on 26-12-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I think the next post is going to get ugly.

I also am trying to figure out why the Tumbler II's U-Man suits all look like Neno.

Is it a conspiracy?

My gawd, another Neno running around!

peace

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
I think the next post is going to get ugly.

The next is "going to get ugly"??
Well, that's a relief...your last few posts at Mac's place have been FAR too sappy with all the cuddly sweetness and sunshine.....!!

ETA: Did you like my last entry? Now THAT is "backpeddling", as some would call it.

LOL! But hey, who knew an accidental name-switch could lead to such a well-spun yarn...now I'm excited to tie it all together somehow....

Hope your bf's surgery was/is successful. Thinking of you.
edit on 27-12-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Hodey Dokey! We are back on track, and all is explained.

I'm so GLAD to be back to full creative energy. The holidays exhaust me (never mind that I don't decorate, I only occasionally make a dish to take to the feast, I do all my shopping online, and I wrap everything on the morning of the 25th! -- It's STILL exhausting!). It takes a lot of brain power to come up with brilliant ways to show my loved ones I care.

Daughter, husband and I enjoyed a meal out and some shopping (ACK! The second busiest shopping day of the year! WTH??!!)...but I enjoyed myself once my belly was full and I got out of the house. Still, not going anywhere today.

Have enjoyed the interim posts....chuckes and "aww"s to Silo's and BIAD's latest...

Warm affection to you all!!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
TO BIAD:

LOL!!!
Chief Martin Brody???!!

Yeah, hubby and I watched it as well. Good stuff, that. Especially on Christmas Eve. One has to wonder what the networks were thinking to air that!

Okay, back to your entry. Missed you!!

(PS When the music starts, GET OUT of the water!!!)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Remember... (and these have been my watchwords since the
moview came out)... 'it's only an island -if you look at it from the
water'

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Ahh, thanks again my friend. Wonderful post. WONDERFUL post...

You sparked a memory of another song that I have dutifully c/p to my word draft for insertion.....
and nobody better beat me to it.....

but for now I have to go sit in the sunny winter window to get my daily dose of UV. Sadd, you know, if I miss it.
Cheers indeed!!!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

For BIAD, a dull-dark evening before an early bed... up at 4.00am!

I had planned to put 'Brothers In Arms' by Dire-Straits into the segment,
but felt it was too obvious... so Tom Petty, who named his band after BIAD
and myself - stepped up to the plate!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Tom ROCKS! I saw him live in Denver 276 years ago....Nick Lowe (my lifetime fave) warming up....
I even got a kiss on the cheek from Nick....cause I flrted my way out of the arena to go to his bus. And said, "can I shake your hand?" and he gave me a hug AND a kiss....
wow.
I was walking on air until the next day when some douche who lived in the same complex asked me if I was a housekeeper.....

Oh well, a whole nuther story entirely.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

ETA: Did you like my last entry? Now THAT is "backpeddling", as some would call it.
LOL! But hey, who knew an accidental name-switch could lead to such a well-spun yarn...now I'm excited to tie it all together somehow...

I love it! Just shows how talented you are!

Loving the Saga! I hope to get a post in today... Oh, and my 'friend'? He was too weak - his surgery is pushed up to tomorrow morning.

peace

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Well there goes 'Carpet' in his 'Neno' suit. (Dang Tumbler, did they only make one U-Man suit, lol).
As for the 'not pretty' post. It's still not in my head yet.
So, enjoy the last entry and be ready.
Now we've got Neno in the 'area' - Chumley-Neno in the 'area' and Carpet-Neno...yeah, you got it, in the 'area' - I think.

HUGS around

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Well there goes 'Carpet' in his 'Neno' suit. (Dang Tumbler, did they only make one U-Man suit, lol).

I had read, somewhere, in one of the darker recesses of the internet, that a couple of years ago, there was an overage in a production run of neno costumes for Halloween. They had, evidently, overestimated demand.

"Honest John's Discount Meat Suit Emporium and Barber Shop" bought up the overage for pennies on the dollar, so that he could pass the savings on to you the consumer, and evidently the Supply Sergeant of the Yydryl reads the same "After Christmas Sales" websites that I do, and took advantage of the event.

Now we've got Neno in the 'area' - Chumley-Neno in the 'area' and Carpet-Neno...yeah, you got it, in the 'area' - I think.

HUGS around

Oh noes! we have TWO "counterfeit" nenos there already, the real neno on the way, and a Taggart itching for revenge (or at least it's likely he will be as soon as he recognizes one of the nenos - you know how these hillbilly blood feuds go!)! How will he know which to kill if he has THREE to choose from? Possible hint: hillbillies have a novel way of cutting to the chase (and the bone) in such circumstances...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

his thoughts on what Nenothtu would do in his situation,

Nenothtu would be scrambling to stay ahead of BIAD. Falling behind would be unthinkable, because half way up the castle wall, to either look down to the ground or up... well, either view would be pretty disturbing to him!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

*BIAD blushes and pulls the familar hem lower, but nods in agreement*

Nice to see you back on the trail.

I'm hoping BIAD's rescue mission can be achieved quickly and then get
along to any New Year sales at the Emporium that you mentioned, a 'Neno-suit'
may save alot of face when scrambling around on rooftops!

Will 2012 be the year they bring out an inflatable Man/Girl kit?
Oh... er, I think you can get those sort-of things now... er, move on.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Falling behind would be unthinkable, because half way up the castle wall, to either look down to the ground or up...

plus, you have to look out for cows being thrown over the wall !

"you don't frighten me with your silly knees-bent running-around advancing behavior! Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second timuh"
edit on 28-12-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
You just can't understand how hard it is to dodge those flying cows until you have been there... and yes, I still walk funny from the encounter!

I have discovered a bona-fide conspiracy.

The story, as was told to neno in the Badlands by an ancient, bearded, wizened old man in the company of a mule, a pick-axe, and a battered dun-colored wide brimmed hat with at least 3 holes in it, goes sort of like this:

"In the late 1980's, a gent by the name of 'Robert Palmer' was on a secret tour of the American Southwest at the behest of the Archduke of Caledonia. During that tour, a fact-finding mission of some kind, Mr. Palmer stumbled across a clone factory of some sort. It seems that several clones were created as 'supporting minions' for some other creation of that lab called a 'BIAD' (which neno of course recognized) which legend has it is destined to fill some sort of role as a deity or counter-deity of some sort."

"In a dry, dusty cave, on a ledge, the old gent (or possibly the mule - neno was not clear which made the actual discovery) had found a contraption he called a 'lap top'. This thing looked like no part of a lap neno had ever seen, neither top, bottom, or side. Instead, it looked like some manner of thin plastic box, the lid of which folded out to reveal some variant of projection screen. This box contained a variety of moving pictures and information, some of which had a direct bearing on the story. Here is one such moving picture from the box. It appears that the primitive tribesmen who created the box had no knowledge of modern holographic projection methods, and the viso-scene is presented in but two dimensions:"

"Note the manner of facial decoration (apparently these primitives of that time referred to this decoration as 'war paint'), dress, and similarity of these entities to BIAD. It's very clear that they were created solely as support minions to BIAD. The hair, appearing to be pulled severely back and bound tight, is probably indicative that the permo-wigs of these entities were uncontrollable, or have not been through their training regimen yet."

"Equally clear, from their manner of motion and activities, these entities are clearly of the 'demonic' genre. They seem to be devoid entirely of facial expression, and may be some sort of bio-automatons. It remains unclear why the minions were never united with their intended master mind, but rumor has it they are still waiting for that merger, somewhere in an underground base... "

"There are at least four different viso-scenes of these entities (all in the primitive 2D of the time) that have been verified as authentic, but beware - there are a plethora of counterfeits. To this day, it is uncertain where Mr. Palmer disappeared to. Conspiratorial speculation is that he was kidnapped and placed in some sort of biostasis in the same location as the clone demons, and there awaits activation by BIAD, right along with them."

Well, that's the story as I got it, any how.

ETA: The old gentleman maintains that the key to the entire affair is the phrase "she's so fine, there's no tellin' where the money went!", but I am unable to make heads or tails of that expression, or how it would fit into the tale at all.

edit on 2011/12/29 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I just finished reading your newest entry. So, the behind the scenes question is - how close are you to the Compound do you think? I have to get a feel for when you're going to meet up with Neno-Chumley and Neno-Carpet who are both headed for the compound (though I haven't added that into the storyline yet).

About time to figure out who fired a shot and at whome too! I'll get to that today!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Had an accident with a pan of boiling water. I'm two finger typing here - left arm/fingers are trashed. I might be out for a few days. If anyone wants to pick up Chumley meeting with Carpet and the two Tumblers meeting etc please be my guest. I'd just ask to please leave Silo/Mac/Pip and Gep for a day or so. Thanks. Hope to be back in a day or so. Happy New year All!

new topics

top topics

<< 298  299  300    302  303  304 >>

join