It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 299
<< 296  297  298    300  301  302 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Here... blow you nose on BIAD's dress and stop your sobbing!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

I think I ate at that Cafe once...

Which reminds me, we also need 'eateries' in the Saga. They set a nice scene. All those people cramped into one place... Yeah that's it, there's not enough eating, sleeping and bodily functions in the posts - besides farting - and we've gone a while no one releasing any 'barking spiders'... Just saying....

Happy Weekend to you.

PS... I'll send you the cash to clean BIADS dress. I got boogies on it I think...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Hi, team. Sorry for the absence...I just didn't have a muse visit for a few days...plus, been doing "research" to get ideas and facts to spice up my entries.

I hope the recent slowdown on ATS in general is holiday-related..and please know that I am still here and intend to remain here...
this is the busiest time of year for me on many fronts:

Beginning with my own in mid-November, until mid-February, there are (counting mine) 9 birthdays in the family. One other in November, two in December, three in January (except now my dad's is celebrated quietly without him), and two in Feb. Mix in the "national" holidays, and well, you get the idea. Twelve major events in 12 weeks.

Anyway, I am obliged to participate to some degree in all of them. But my druthers are here with you all, and my thoughts are on the Space Opera most of all.

edit on 18-12-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Wish everyone you enjoy being with a very Merry Christmas and happy holidays from
the Limey-that-says-Blimey! Boy In A Dress.

Stay safe -you Kansas wildcat!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Uh, will do -- but don't call me a wildcat...I'm a jayhawk. Unless, of course, you aren't referring to things academic...then, well, yeah, I'm a bit of a wildcat.
Rock Chalk....and mutual well-wishes to you and yours!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Uh, will do -- but don't call me a wildcat...I'm a jayhawk. Unless, of course, you aren't referring to things academic...then, well, yeah, I'm a bit of a wildcat.
Rock Chalk....and mutual well-wishes to you and yours!!!

I'm not up on favourable basball, american football team names, so please forgive me.
A Jayhawk... got it!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

All is well, my dearest Boy in a Dress. All is well!!
I'm not up on soccer, either, and for the record, I detest American Football. Basketball is fun, though.

Do they have "mascots" for soccer and cricket (or whatever) teams there?

I am LONG out of school, but my alma mater is the jayhawks (which I don't really care about). Our "rival" Kansas team is the wildcats (which I care less about than the jayhawks). Just so you know.....I'm sure it was an inadvertent thing!!
Cheers, mate!!

edit on 18-12-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I know nothing of the various sporting contests. They all look like a bunch of grown men chasing various sorts of pumpkins and gourds around a big field or room to me. I just never took an interest in spectator sports - I can't find the exercise value in them if I'm not a participant.

We've started giving our Christmas gifts early in my house - there is a very surprised young man who is this very instant cooling his heels in a jail cell because he thought to bully and buffalo the wrong crowd this afternoon. Merry Christmas, Bubba! Maybe someone can find bail money before next weekend arrives.
Try me again sometime. I can be just as heartless and ruthless as the next guy - even Bubba and company. Especially when it comes to some jackass messing with my family.

Neno is riding towards the Breaks in my head, but I find there's too much detail creeping in and cluttering the potential post, drowning out the broad strokes I'd intended to paint the scene with, so it will get posted when I can trim out a suitable amount of fat.

On top of that, my thoughts keep wandering to writing the confrontation between neno and Taggart (I'm thinking 'Otis Taggart', but we'll see, I reckon), and that is causing me to lose focus on the post at hand, the next one in the series, which makes the fat-trimming just a bit tougher. I'll try and get something up in the next day or two that will move him along and place him in the breach.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Glad to hear of your Christmas present.
Hopefully the judge will bless you with a Christmas future and keep his arse there.

Otis. Gotcha.

Here's what the Kabbalah has to say about Otis:

Your name of Otis has created a most expressive nature, idealistic and inspirational, driven with a strong inner urge to be of service in some way that would uplift humanity as a whole.

However, there is a tendency to assume too heavy a burden of responsibility for others, which leads to worry and undue concern.

People with problems are drawn to you as they recognize you as one who has understanding and gives not only sympathy and comfort but provides also some constructive advice or assistance.

You have a generous quality to your nature, but you must guard carefully against giving more than you receive or you will find yourself doing without because you have helped someone else.

Although the name Otis creates the urge to be reliable and responsible, we emphasize that it causes an emotional intensity that is hard to control.

This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the nervous system, worry, and mental tension.
link

Doesn't sound like your guy, but, then again maybe his Ma never read the Kabbalah.

Edit to Add:

Doesn't wound like the Carpenter's read the Kabbalah either...

As Neno, you are spontaneous, happy-go-lucky, and you enjoy the company of others--the more the merrier.
You make friends easily as people are attracted to your warm and generous nature.

However, you have to watch that others do not take advantage of your generosity, for you are apt to be influenced by hard-luck stories and give when it might be more prudent not to.

You are ever on the watch for ways and means of making some "easy money" because this name spoils initiative and ambition, producing an easy-going, come-what-may nature which attaches value to money only for the self-enjoyment it can offer.

While the name Neno creates the urge to be kind and thoughtful to others, we stress that it causes frustration through a scattered and emotional nature.

This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the fluid systems, liver and the bloodstream.
(same link)

Nawwwww...

edit on 18-12-2011 by silo13 because: see above

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
In the sense of fairness I'll include Silo.

I've requested BIAD and WildTimes - it usually takes them about two weeks to post something.

Your name of Silo has created a practical, responsible, stable nature, and you desire to direct the efforts of others rather than to take order or ask permission.

You have a determined, self-reliant, capable nature and resent any interference, although in your desire to help you are inclined to become involved in the lives and decisions of other people.

You like to make your own decisions and to be the master of your domain.

You feel a limitation in your own expression when it is necessary to reach another through tact and understanding.

Although the name Silo creates the urge to be reliable and responsible, we emphasize that it causes a blunt expression that alienates others.

This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses through worry, mental tension, and tension or accidents to the head.
link

Hmmm...
edit on 18-12-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Cheers-me-dears!
I have been wanting to write about my own 'perception of perception' article
for some time now, on how the English (not pronouced the way the Amish
pronounce it!)... see America -but I'm hesitant to do so.

I have been to the States many times and my family and I enjoy the 'backroads'
of the land and though as tourists, I reckon we don't see the 'true' way of the regions,
I'll wager we're not too-far away.
And I love it.

The names of the basketball teams and the like tend to get lost with us -just as soccer
teams nicknames do to you I guess, but it's the way that America is seen by some and
myself that I'd love to write about.

I know this thread is supposed to be used for discussing the Opera, but can't we have a little
candy for the holidays?!!
What does the JayHawk think?!!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Awesome idea!

Actually, it could even fit into the opera...because now, we have Adam in England (is he American?)...Well, we have ME in England, writing as Adam, so it's all good...BIAD as well, and Gerald (who is American)...

and we have everyone else in America. I bet we could work it in...or if not, start us a whole nuther thread for it?
I'm in, for sure!

I've visited England and Scotland, and my mom is a certifiable Anglophile...which passion I have also deveoped and nurtured. I was lucky enough to meet some very decent folk there...(not the touristy-type. I go for the native local stuff).

One of my best friends is English, though she spent much of her youth in South Africa. I do know quite a bit of history, and so I'd love to share perceptions with you!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I've requested BIAD and WildTimes - it usually takes them about two weeks to post something.

Hey! It does NOT take us two weeks to post things!!!
I know, you mean the Kaballah...interesting !!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

BIAD?? Paging BIAD!!
Help, please!!??

I would like these two pictures merged, so that Antonio is wearing the hat...I can't do it yet with my noob skills...
couldja? wouldja? Please? Pretty please?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I'll have a go!
Give me a few moments.

Edit:

And here we have it... a bit rushed!

edit on 20-12-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

You are the bestest!!
Wish you were closer and could teach me how to use GIMP...sigh...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

No problems... just look on me as a Knight-in-shining... er,
well... a red dress really!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

I'll have a go!
Give me a few moments.

Edit:

And here we have it... a bit rushed!

APPLAUSE!!! OMG, it's PERFECT!!!

*Bowing and prostrating self on floor in front of a Boy in a Dress.....(hands over eyes)*

Thanks so very very very very much!!!!

Yeah...I offered the role to Uncas, but he wasn't into the comedic aspects. Antonio, on the other hand, was all for it. What a gem...
unless, of course, BIAD, you are still interested in the role????

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I asked BIAD if he was interested in the role and after putting
away his pantomime horse (don't ask)... he shook his head
haughtily.

He explained as he struggled with the cross-eyed head of the
costume, that he was going to be a thespian and as he put it:
"I will tramp the boards of the Theatre before I step up to movies"

He later shocked the neighbours across the road when testing the
front-end of said nag, by bending down and pushing his high-heels
through the hoof-covers.
That's another Christmas card we won't be getting.

P.S He's just told me he's rented a 'Cop' outfit... oh my!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

A 'Cop' outfit....for Avalon??? That should be very interesting!!
When he and Brittle finally meet up, maybe they'll swap!!

top topics

<< 296  297  298    300  301  302 >>

join