It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 298
<< 295  296  297    299  300  301 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

So you want me to go ahead and have Chumley and his Robots find the Green Man and the BOok they're practically sitting on?

I'm sure by now they're already under surveillance...

As for the 'Other Margo?'

Well, could she be a clone? Nawwwwww, just a horrible coincidence.

Right.

Right???

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress
Boy In A Dress calling in too!
It looks like the Man/Girl is gonna do a few turns around the Avalon Maypole
-before coming back to the reality that we're currently dealing with.
BIAD has just commented that he would like to meet this 'McAllister -chap'
and eplain him some manners when it comes to greeting ladies.
Well done BIAD.

Oh!... and I got me a giddy-up too!

You may never know hoe grateful I am that BIAD has been mistaken for Guinevere, and not Godiva!

Sorry, the horse told me to say that...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

AH HA! Now the light shines on why I put in 'Writer'. I mean obviously the writer it the writer, BUT, when we have to post something for someone else is when this comes in handy. YAY!

Writer = wildtimes (posted by ___________ for continuity of thread)....
Page 62
Post on page = 2 Utterly Helpless
New NPC = Fiona, a bog-guard
New term = none
Pic or tune? none
Brief outline: Adam is left behind as Charon crosses the bog approaching Avalon/Glastonbury. Adam becomes stuck in the quagmire, and fears he will die. A surprise rescuer reaches him.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by silo13

As for hair pulling? That's why I hate chickie fights. Hair pulling is just so wrong on so many levels.

I was always a pincher, myself. And my brothers never tried to pull my hair. Probably because they weren't girls.

I had three sisters. Brawlers every one, with bad tempers. They were fist-fighters, though, not hair-slingers, which I was glad of, since my hair ran about half way down my back, it would have made a decent handle to sling me with. I recall one time when my youngest sister got irritable about something or other, and went to try to punch me in the stomach. I saw it coming just in time and clenched my stomach, and she hit me so hard it bruised her knuckles, which made her cry, and me laugh.

I dunno why I felt bad about that later...

One was a biter, but I convinced her of the error of those ways.

Because of that, I've never had issues fighting women - they're some of the dirtiest fighters I've ever encountered. They will HURT you. The same thing taught me that you don't go around slappin' 'em around, either.

They will HURT you, even if they have to catch you sleeping to do it.

Second wife popped me once, trying to GET me to fight. I just took it, then the next morning had her up on "domestic violence" charges, same as she'd intended to do to me if she could have pushed me into a fight. Never raised a hand to her, ever, or the first wife, either - although I came close one day when she drew back to kick me.

Anyhow, I've got no issues fighting them, I just don't think it's necessary nearly as often as some of the panty-waists around seem to think it is.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

So you want me to go ahead and have Chumley and his Robots find the Green Man and the BOok they're practically sitting on?

I'm sure by now they're already under surveillance...

Sure, you can do that. neno is going to be drawn to it wherever it is, and will have to track or back track Silo from there - unless, of course, he gets "captured" by McAllister's goons.

As for the 'Other Margo?'

Well, could she be a clone? Nawwwwww, just a horrible coincidence.

Right.

Right???

There's just no tellin'....

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
ETA:
Doh!
Posted it in the wrong thread.
*facepalm* Two post FAILS for me in one day!

edit on 14-12-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

You are a brilliant woman, a fantastic writer, and an all-round great gal!
Too bad silo13 is always in some sort of predicament!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

...You may never know hoe grateful I am that BIAD has been mistaken for Guinevere, and not Godiva!
Sorry, the horse told me to say that...

Damn it! I should've thought of her... that would have been a treat describing
BIAD's antics and staying in the lines of ATS decorum!!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Sort of reminds one of "The Perils of Penelope", doesn't it? One day, Simon LaGree is gonna tie her to a train track....

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Sort of reminds one of "The Perils of Penelope", doesn't it? One day, Simon LaGree is gonna tie her to a train track....

And in rides Dudley Doright!!
Used to love that one.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Obee kaybee, team Yydryl --
I'm having a tennis ball thrown down the hall at me repeatedly, indicating I'm expected to engage in socializing....hope yall have a great restatheday!!

Got some great ideas cooking up.....I'll look fwd to tomorrow's activity!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Lyrics for the Space Opera Saga II
I think so...
In more ways than one...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Aiight. I made it back unscathed from a hairy bit of nonsense last night, and made a post to commemorate it.

I don't think Ben is "immortal", but who knows? Originally, I was thinking he's just a time-traveller, but you all know how these characters tend to write their own way some times. Ben hasn't written his own story yet, so who knows what the deal is?

I'm also thinking that some of the Taggarts may not have been in Vandalia at the time of the Great Taggart Culling. I'm thinking that at least one or two may have been "out of state" at the time, and they may be working for McAllister now, mightn't they?

Maybe neno DIDN'T get 'em all like he thought he did... and if they're there with McAllister, well, they're likely to recognize neno, and know that part of his history...

And they might be looking for a little payback....

edit on 2011/12/16 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Wouldn't surprise me at all if a couple a those good ol boy Taggarts are with Macalister. I'm sure he'll be finding out pretty soon about Neno and the rest (from 'Maggie) - that is if she gets that mind of hers cleared up some.
Hope all went well last night - I'll go check the story line now.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Wouldn't surprise me at all if a couple a those good ol boy Taggarts are with Macalister. I'm sure he'll be finding out pretty soon about Neno and the rest (from 'Maggie) - that is if she gets that mind of hers cleared up some.
Hope all went well last night - I'll go check the story line now.

Yup it all went well. This evening is another story, but it's gettin' handled.

I dunno if "Maggie" will have any idea of who neno is or not - do clones get programmed with memories? Even at that, she might not know about neno's history with the Taggarts - but a Taggart would!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Silo is still Silo - she'd got amnesia from the scorpion bite.
She's going by 'Maggie' cause Gep and Pip didn't know what to call her and 'Maggie' is their favorite character from the 'Serendipity' book (that's also in the backpack with the Green Man in the rock cave)...
When Silo remembers who she is she'll have all her faculties she had before. It should be happening soon.

I failed if I gave the impression she's a clone - I'll work on that in upcoming episodes.

By the way, we really need a kid on the Space Opera.

edit on 17-12-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Silo is still Silo - she'd got amnesia from the scorpion bite.
She's going by 'Maggie' cause Gep and Pip didn't know what to call her and 'Maggie' is their favorite character from the 'Serendipity' book (that's also in the backpack with the Green Man in the rock cave)...
When Silo remembers who she is she'll have all her faculties she had before. It should be happening soon.

I failed if I gave the impression she's a clone - I'll work on that in upcoming episodes.

Naw, it was me, getting all confused. Look close - this is me, unravelling my confusion and returning to sanity!

By the way, we really need a kid on the Space Opera.

I like that kid! I think it may be mine!

Who's scared of piddlin' monsters - just kick their ask!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Thanks for the Taggart, Silo! My mind is already churning away on the confrontation between the two. It'll be a thoroughly despicable mess, I think - particularly in light of the fact that neno will probably be a "prisoner" when it occurs.

What would you do if someone cut your hand off while you were shackled to a wall? Neno would beat then to death with the bloody stump - especially if they were a Taggart!

No, no, that's not exactly the way it will go, but I'll bet the idea comes up in conversation - along with some other unsavory revelations and comments! I mean, it IS neno's mortal enemy. I don't expect they'll play nice!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Aiight. I made it back unscathed from a hairy bit of nonsense last night, and made a post to commemorate it.

Glad to hear it!! *imagines nenothtu in a plastic and faux fur Bigfoot costume*

I don't think Ben is "immortal", but who knows? Originally, I was thinking he's just a time-traveller, but you all know how these characters tend to write their own way some times. Ben hasn't written his own story yet, so who knows what the deal is?

That's the joy of it! These characters come to life via our fingertips and imaginations...and then they take over for themselves! It's incredible! (And less expensive than parenting, if not less time consuming)

So....Ben will let us know when he's good and ready.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Loved the story and the pics are fab! Thank you for that...
Really enjoyed it.
I can't wait to start writing again with you all.
*sniffles*
I miss ya'll...

top topics

<< 295  296  297    299  300  301 >>

join