It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 207
<< 204  205  206    208  209  210 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Does this make Deez a 'little devil'? An Imp? He certainly seems to fit the mold with all those nefarious goings-on he's up to... LOL

Well, he seems to be heading in that direction doesn't he? Evil little thing.
And considering he was the only one around Antar when she disappeared I hope some vague reference there ties up that loose thread too.

Thanks again for your help.

peace

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

You're very welcome!

Since Earth has been inconvenienced, where can we get rat traps wholesale NOW?

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Touchy subject but - just how damaged is earth anyway?
I mean is it a total loss?

Maybe you and Cindy need to take a trip down memory lane with her teletabs and save it???

Poor Earth...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

As I recall, when last we left earth, it had been rendered 'uninhabitable', massive fires, holes blown into the atmosphere, population near zero.

What I DON'T think was established was just what sort of weapons it was done with. Most Earth bound folks automatically think 'nuclear', since that's the most powerful sort of weapons we know of, but not likely the Buzzards would have used nuclear power to destroy a planet, because 1) it would be terribly inefficient of them, and 2) no way in the world that nukes could destroy an entire planet. They're just not that powerful. As a result, it's possible that Earth could become 're-inhabitable' after a certain period of time for recovery. Even nukes would allow that. Matter of fact all the nukes we have on Earth, if set off all at once, would still leave HUGE areas of habitable surface the same day. I can't see the Buzzard ships being able to carry more nuke than we already have here...

So, depending on the weapons used, there are probably habitable areas 'already', and we haven't established a time line for a full recovery.

Yeah, I think Earth could be made to bloom again. I don't think the surface was cracked like an egg, and even if it was, lava cools. There would just be fracture lines of hardened basalt, obsidian, etc. Still huge areas of relatively unhurt land surface.

Note on the 'holes' in the atmosphere: since nature abhors a vacuum, the atmospheric 'holes' would only be temporary, with the surrounding atmosphere rushing in to fill the vacuum. Terrible high winds would be created by that, but would eventually subside as the air pressure reached equilibrium. Think 'super hurricane', but without the rain for the most part.

So, my guess is that Earth itself is either inhabitable again now, or WILL be give the proper amount of time for recovery. It would, of course, be a pretty nightmarish place, even if it WAS liveable. All those people dead... and no one left alive to bury them... you get the drift. If I were to go back for a visit, or a damage survey, I'd definitely avoid the cities for another year or so, anyhow, depending on climate.

Anyhow, just a few random thoughts on the matter, and I'll have to research exactly what WAS established in the story to see what can be salvaged.

Of course, then there's the problem of finding the right 'Eden', and that whole repopulation of the Earth' thing... "go forth, be fruitful, and multiply..."

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Pretty picture Neno. LOL

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars

Pretty picture Neno. LOL

If you want nightmares, you ought to see it in MY head!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Well! It seems nukes WERE established as the destructors of Earth, in this post.

That makes things simpler. No, really! It does!

We just have to establish the half life of the fission products to be a short one, so that most of the radiation goes away, and allow sufficient time for the smoke and debris clouds to fall back to Earth and clear the air.

Still not going to be much in the way of cities or civilization, but Earth herself, and at least parts of the biosphere, will have survived. A likely enemy attack would restrict itself to HUMANS, since nothing else on the planet would present a danger in the minds of the Buzzards.

Attacks, therefore, would be restricted mostly to visible cities above ground. Nothing saying any underground facilities were detected and nuked. Probably a few people surviving. Fallout from nukes will follow wind and rain patterns, and be heaviest near the cities, since the heaviest parts fall out of the sky first. Generally, the plumes will go to the east, and drop off in danger pretty sharply. Rain tends to wash particles back to ground, and strangely enough, particulates in the air seem to promote formation of raindrops.

A bigger problem is the sunlight blocked by all the smoke, haze, and clouds. If it stays up long enough, it endangers plants, particularly tropical ones, since the temperature drops, too.

Two weeks is a good rule of thumb for radiation danger relatively near to nuclear craters. Also, keep in mind that nukes bursting too far above ground ('air bursts') produce NO fallout at all, nor ash, nor debris, etc. They're pretty effective at producing larger damage radii, though, which is why they aim for air bursts. Kills people, damages structures, but leaves everything else pretty much intact.

Yeah, these are just some pretty generalized random thoughts, but I can see bringing Earth back to life - just not MOST of her people. I'm thinking along the lines of an underground colony or colonies somewhere we later find to have remained 'safe', possibly constructed by folks who got a warning from a time-travellin' Cim?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Great info for the Space Opera...
Emphasis on Space Opera... The way things are going these days maybe this was too much info for my poor paranoia to take...

So, it's a matter of time for the Earth then and what you'd be able to do there. Good to know...

As for the Buzzards - makes me shudder even thinking they even visit Earth. I mean I'm all for disclosure but not with them!

Thanks again Neno for great info!

peace

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Great info for the Space Opera...
Emphasis on Space Opera... The way things are going these days maybe this was too much info for my poor paranoia to take...

Not to worry, nukes ain't as dangerous as they say they are. I know, because they had me scared stupid years ago with propaganda, so I investigated the matter myself.

Besides, where you're at, who would nuke Gibralatar?

Nah, ain't nobody gonna nuke nobody, no how. They're allergic to the instant erasure that would be sure to follow.

So, it's a matter of time for the Earth then and what you'd be able to do there. Good to know...

Probably good now. I'm thinking tropical island, away from former 'civilizations'. Neno isn't up to fighting off zombie invasions right now, though. He an indisposed captive on a stretcher or something...

As for the Buzzards - makes me shudder even thinking they even visit Earth. I mean I'm all for disclosure but not with them!

What if they left an orbital drone there, to wait and see if anyone returns to pick up the pieces?

Thanks again Neno for great info!

peace

Sure thing. I get bored, have to type something...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

He an indisposed captive on a stretcher or something...

So, is this something the Yydryl can help with?
I mean, there was some scuttle about sending Chumley and/or/both the P.Bransom off to save you???

The 'Stragglers' (Deson Drone Fighters) are just back on the Yydryl...

Is it time to go get you?

For some reason I had it in my head Studious was after you or it was you and Studious working that out???

Don't you still have one of those CindyMars tele-things in your pocket?

Some loose ideas floating around out there...???

Give me a hint how I can help and I will...

peace

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Naw, neno is at the mercy of Studious at the moment. To send Chumley and a rescue party will likely spark a young war with Studious and the NI guys. Besides, neno and Studious have some issues they need to work out in order to pick a direction and move forward.

I thought about writing a post where neno wakes up on the NI drop ship, but you KNOW he's gonna try to bite the first NI guy that gets within teeth reach of him. Can't do much else at the moment, since he's strapped in, but neno has massive issues with NI. Probably better to leave him strapped down, and see if Studious can talk sense to him, so as to avoid an ugly scene with the last remaining NI guys (as far as I know - but there could be ARMIES of clones of them!).

Studious' assignment, should he decide to accept it, will be to convince neno that he ought not to kill NI out of hand, and that NI ain't gonna kill HIM out of hand. This tape will self destruct in 10 seconds...

After that, neno and Studious can get down to brass tacks. See, with Earth in the shape it's in, And more importantly the UEF government in shambles, prosecution of either neno OR Studious is.. problematic. No jails... no courts... and unless I miss my guess, the 'Studious Arrest Warrant' is lost in the ether, too. Ain't nobody recalls it but neno and Studious. In the real world, paperwork has been known to get 'lost' (a friend of mine met his wife in the Balkans like that - arrested her, then 'lost' the paperwork), and it makes more sense to pull in the same direction. Even red-necked neno can figure THAT out!

Studious isn't aware as to just WHAT happened, he's just awfully piqued that the NI Motherships got destroyed... as near as I recall. Luder is probably in sick bay right now, and since we haven't heard from him lately, I have to assume the character is in a coma or something.

So the ball is in Studious' court. Neno will probably see it as either a good will gesture, or a fit of insanity, that he wasn't disarmed when he was strapped in.

Whichever it is will depend entirely on Studious' next actions.

The CindyMars tele-thingy is some sort of blue bauble that Cim gave neno, which is hanging around his neck. He doesn't know what it is or what it will do, and CindyMars said here in the working thread that she doesn't, either.

That just means I can make it do ANYTHING, neno just has to discover it's function 'accidentally', and to be honest, I haven't figure out what the thing does myself. Kinda keeping it in reserve as a 'get out of jail free' card, but I'm not gonna morph neno out of this jam until we see what Studious wants to do.

For all I know, the blue thingy might do nothing more than make pancakes by the pound, like a Star Trek replicator.

Wouldn't that be neat?

Oh, by the way, thanks for not sending Bransom after neno. You KNOW that if 'that woman!' had rescued him, he would have been forced to commit seppukku out of sheer humiliation, right?

At least with Studious to the rescue, they get a chance to work out their differences, and if it all goes south, neno has a crafty opponent.

Pancakes, anyone?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Neno that amulet/device can be anything you want, I gave it to you as a magical story (get out of jail card) lol, it could time travel, it could be a protection, a weapon....whatever but use only once or......................

LOL

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Wow... My 100th post in the Opera.

Come on peeps let's not stop now!

STUDIOUS where are youuuuuuuuuuu! (Hope you are well)...

CindyMars, can't wait to see your next post and pics!

Neno, thanks again for your help, and my anticipation for what you do next is just that - an-tis-si-pay-yay-shunnnn...

Thanks all!

[edit on 26-5-2010 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I'm back.

Luder just made his way to the command center - he's been out. So, he doesn't know what's going on just like me!

Hope this doesn't upset the balance.

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder
I'm back.

Luder just made his way to the command center - he's been out. So, he doesn't know what's going on just like me!

Hope this doesn't upset the balance.

Cheers!

Hey Luder...
LOL noway you have upset any balance.
Welcome back can't wait to go read your post.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

I'm back.

How cool is that! You're back!

Glad to see you! We kept your chair warm!

I'm looking forward to hearing more from the Penelope and getting the ball rolling again!

Hopefully we can all get together in the near future and make some decisions about the direction to go in from here.

peace

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Welcome back, Luder!

In honor of your return, I've just dumped a ghost on your bridge. Deal with it.

Next, I might just throw a ghost at Silo. After all, Margot had a message for her, too!

Besides, someone HAS to rescue me fro the clutches of Studious if he don't get back here pretty soon to mend some fences!

Signed,

Spooky neno

Edit to add: Neno still has that funky blue marble on a chain from Cim. Might figure out a use for it, if I can figure out a way for neno to figure it out. Still ain't sure just what that use might be, though...

[edit on 2010/6/14 by nenothtu]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Oh yeah, Luder: one of the things Studious said in an earlier post was that the NI guys had some sort of 'secret' information to give you, so don't go rolling in guns a-blazin'!

I got hopes of reaching some sort of peaceful resolution to past events, so's we can all get to moving forward again...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Next, I might just throw a ghost at Silo.

Hey, that would be all cool! Margo and all... I'd like to be able to take a stab at that... Cool...

hehehe

Yeah, it's gong to get real cool on the Yydryl before too long. Real cool...

peace

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Next, I might just throw a ghost at Silo.

Hey, that would be all cool! Margo and all... I'd like to be able to take a stab at that... Cool...

hehehe

Yeah, it's gong to get real cool on the Yydryl before too long. Real cool...

peace

I was thinking more along the lines of throwing neno's 'ghost' at you, telling you that your old pal Studious has him trussed up like a Christmas turkey - or maybe only ALMOST telling you that...

I'm batting some ideas about it around in my head now... got another notion for an 'unusual' occurrence, like Luder being on the bridge before, that makes him wonder just how 'real' these realities he's making in his head ARE. Of course they're 'real', but neno doesn't know that for sure, doesn't know what's happening to the observers (what they're really seeing), and 'out of place' things he sees, which he later finds out were so, will eventually convince him that he might NOT be crazy.

A wise old woman once said that 'crazy folks never know they're crazy', though, so who really knows?

I've also got a notion for extracting neno, with a twist he didn't expect, if Studious don't show up in the next couple of days to make peace with him.

Making peace with Studious, THAT ought to be a show! Especially since, as far as neno knows, he's a POW right now, not only of Studious, but also of the 'dead', 'rogue', NI Unit.

If Studious comes in, I'd keep neno strapped down for a bit, just so I didn't have to kill him...

[edit on 2010/6/15 by nenothtu]

new topics

top topics

<< 204  205  206    208  209  210 >>

join