It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 208
<< 205  206  207    209  210  211 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Silo saw a gho-ost, Silo saw a gho-ost!

I went ahead and started throwing down a few ideas into writing to spring neno, in case springing ain't forthcoming shortly.

It would, of course, have a strange twist to it. "Out of the frying pan, and into the fire" comes to mind.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Ah man, I thought you were going to use the trinket and show up in Elven land to save me. LOL

From my lack of ideas.... LOL

Edited to add: Aloof you say! Well I aughta!

[edit on 15-6-2010 by cindymars]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
Ah man, I thought you were going to use the trinket and show up in Elven land to save me. LOL

From my lack of ideas.... LOL

Well, that COULD figure into it! Like I said, it's out of the frying pan and into the fire... and I have no idea how we'd get OUT of Elven land once I got there! Heck, I thought YOU had a plan for that!

Edited to add: Aloof you say! Well I aughta!

[edit on 15-6-2010 by cindymars]

Yeah, 'you oughtta'! Wouldn't THAT be a surprise to neno on Cim's 'aloofness'!

Seriously - if neno drops in to Elven land (which really ain't so far off from what I was batting around in my head to begin with), and the trinket has outlived it's single-use usefulness, how we gonna get outta there? Originally, the idea was to drop him out on the planet surface, while he was THINKING he was somewhere else. On second thought... is there anything that prevents Elven land from being on the surface of the planet we're orbiting?

And no, I HAVEN'T given up all the strange twists in this saga that my twisted mind can come up with!

[edit on 2010/6/15 by nenothtu]

Edit to add: After a re-reading, I see that Elven land IS on Earth, but long ago, and in some other dimension. That will certainly complicate things, but there isn't ANYTHING that can't be overcome. We'll just have to figure out a way, if that's the route it goes.

I'm still waiting on the old elf guy to tell you a story. Wouldn't want to intrude on that!

[edit on 2010/6/15 by nenothtu]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

LOL yes lets not intrude on the old elf guy telling me a story that I haven't come up with yet. LOL

I was thinking that the old elf guy is angry with Cim because she interfered with something that screwed them in some way but that's all I got.

To early to worry about spelling.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

I've got an escape post written up, and can change the target location to just about anywhere by changing a few lines. If you think neno can help, just say the word and I'll drop him out in Elven land.

I gotta warn you, though, the post ain't very dignified for nenothtu... nossir, not very dignified AT ALL!

After reviewing Cim's travelling history, she seems to be able to make some kind of time bubble or quantum fluctuation or something with her second brain to do the DTST thing, which is how she got Silo to 21st C Earth. What's keeping her form just zapping herself out of Elven land? Needs to know a location, and doesn't know where she is, or something like that?

Transporting the whales, she had to get a sample from the target area. Is that the problem? Can the trinket neno has get her back to Yydryl, even depleted of whatever was making it glow?

Can she get back out by backtracking to the portal that dropped her there? If she can, is that where neno's help comes in somehow?

Ya gotta forgive me, I'm new to all this time and space travel stuff (without the benefit of a starship), and don't know much about it. So far, all neno has been able to do is throw ghosts around...

[edit on 2010/6/16 by nenothtu]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Aiight. Posted neno's escape, so he's on the loose again... sort of, so to speak. Where the heck IS a pocketknife when a fella needs one?

I changed it to be deliberately vague enough that I can change the landing spot to nearly anywhere (other than the Yydryl), if you decide that neno just don't need to be there.

I've been on a roll the past couple of days. I go to set down one measly little idea, so I don't forget it, and next thing I know, I've got a full grown post worked out. Funny how it comes in fits like that.

Anyhow, I've got part of a post for the meeting in the tree house thrashed out, unless you object. I'll have to run it by you first, before I actually post it, since Elven land is your creation. I think I've kept it within parameters, but wouldn't feel right posting it without your OK on it.

I've also got a wee notion for eventually getting to the big rip and repairing it, but it's still forming, and at the moment is predicated on the outcome of whether or not neno IS in Elven land. Even if he is, it's not a necessary outcome, just a possibility.

Then we'd have to find a whole 'nuther threat, which I'm sure there wouldn't be any problem doing. It's a big universe.

Edit to add: If neno is in Elven land, one possibility to get back out is to have him run across the wrong side of the portal Cim used to get there while he's thrashing around the woods, and before he gets to the tree houses. Just throwing an idea out.

[edit on 2010/6/16 by nenothtu]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

WOW - and I don't mean a MMORPG!

SMASHING posts!

I'm going to go back and re-read them again and try to get a 'feel' for how Silo should respond - while enjoying them thoroughly all over again!

SALUTE! (As in Cheers - as in compliments, not as in military bird to the forehead thingy... Oh hell you know what I mean)!

peace

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Well, after spooking everyone, neno has up and got himself lost again... HE doesn't know where he is, even I don't know where he is just yet.

All that, and not even a pocket knife to whittle out a sharp stick! I'm thinking before it's all over, he might have to bust a sharp rock to whittle with. That's how it starts... you bust a sharp rock, whittle a sharp stick, kill something to eat, and then you have enough raw materials to make a bow, with which you just launch OTHER sharp sticks, with bone pointy-things on the end of 'em, using another stick with sinew for a string to launch 'em.

From this, all technology proceeds. Hope there's enough hide left over to make at least an apron!

Possible locations I'm batting around:
1) Cim's Elven Land - where he can stumble across the portal that got her there, as an escape route.
2) The equatorial belt of the planet below. Only way to escape is if Yydryl or Penelope finds him and rescues him. Possible alternative is running into locals, who, unbeknownst to him, are aware of the space battle that went on above, and have now made peace, thanks to Prof-Rabbit's post to that effect.
3) Khalamzadar - again. If that turns out to be the case, at least he might stumble across the wreckage of his old ship, know his location then, and have some metal for raw material to make things with. On the downside, it took 7 years last time for anyone to find him. Could be a life sentence this time...

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Ok, so I got a question about what I 'saw'...

How much of you should I see?

When everything had solidified into that translucent ghostly presence evident in these situations, neno spoke, trying to implant thoughts in her head.

Translucent - ok gotcha - but translucent color or translucent like a foggy hologram? I mean ghosty ghosty...??? No color? Wispy white morning fog over the moors bed sheet shaped like Neno? Or like a retouched black and white classic MGM film ruined by coloring?

Oh and I don't remember but did you ever make it to the Swamp? I think you did right, with CindyMars?

If so I'll move it over that you're in my rooms...

FUN STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks

EDIT to ADD:

On the downside, it took 7 years last time for anyone to find him. Could be a life sentence this time...

Naw, we'll come and get you right off... As soon as we know where you are!

One thing though that just came to me though...

What if - just what if - the 'trinket' CindyMars gave you is programed to transports you to where she is. but, since she's where she's at, (gnome nether worlds) the 'trinket's' plunked you where she'd last been?

Which means you'd be in a jungle on an island and just off the sand bar? The pirate ship with none other than Captain Cadbury who's after loot matey!

hehehe

'evil grin'

[edit on 17-6-2010 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Apparently quite a bit has happened. I've been planning something big but didn't want to post it until everyone was able to start posting again. AND it appears that time has come!!!!!

With Luder’s return and everyone posting again now seems like the perfect time. However I still need to work out a few things but I’m hoping that I’ll be able to tell you more within the next few days.

Please don't do anything too drastic storywise. (I'm sorry I have to ask that of you all but I've been planning this for months.)

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Ok, so I got a question about what I 'saw'...

How much of you should I see?

When everything had solidified into that translucent ghostly presence evident in these situations, neno spoke, trying to implant thoughts in her head.

Translucent - ok gotcha - but translucent color or translucent like a foggy hologram? I mean ghosty ghosty...??? No color? Wispy white morning fog over the moors bed sheet shaped like Neno? Or like a retouched black and white classic MGM film ruined by coloring?

Play it any way you like, but it would probably be best if you recognize who the 'ghost' is, whether or not he's in color, or black-and-white, or foggy, or whatever. For waht it's worth, neno is seeing you as if you were really there, but slightly see-through - light can shine through your image, but it's otherwise recognizably 'you'.

Oh and I don't remember but did you ever make it to the Swamp? I think you did right, with CindyMars?

Yup, had some mighty fine drinkin' there, too! That, I think, is the first place neno saw the 'real' Silo, not counting the counterfeit shape-shifter that pinched him. That pinch is still worrisome - I just KNOW someone is gonna toss a fake neno in there somewhere!

Remember, bar 'droid Harvey had the Swamp all festooned up for a 'Puttin' on the Ritz' party during the U-man visit to Yydryl, so it's possible neno wouldn't recognize the Swamp in it's current configuration.

If so I'll move it over that you're in my rooms...

That's what I initially had in mind, since that's where your last post had you located, then I recalled that I think neno had to go through there to get to Ship's Center, so I had to change it to 'or didn't recognize it if he had been there'. Again, you can play that any way you like.

On the downside, it took 7 years last time for anyone to find him. Could be a life sentence this time...

Naw, we'll come and get you right off... As soon as we know where you are!

One thing though that just came to me though...

What if - just what if - the 'trinket' CindyMars gave you is programed to transports you to where she is. but, since she's where she's at, (gnome nether worlds) the 'trinket's' plunked you where she'd last been?

Which means you'd be in a jungle on an island and just off the sand bar? The pirate ship with none other than Captain Cadbury who's after loot matey!

Another possibility I hadn't thought of... and it's covered where I said neno didn't know 'WHEN' he was dropped out, either...

That would require Cim to rescue neno, as she's the only real time traveller we have!

*rubs hands together as the plot thickens*

[edit on 2010/6/17 by nenothtu]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Studious
Apparently quite a bit has happened. I've been planning something big but didn't want to post it until everyone was able to start posting again. AND it appears that time has come!!!!!

With Luder’s return and everyone posting again now seems like the perfect time. However I still need to work out a few things but I’m hoping that I’ll be able to tell you more within the next few days.

Please don't do anything too drastic storywise. (I'm sorry I have to ask that of you all but I've been planning this for months.)

Can you still work with the recent stuff? I've got generic stuff worked up, but it can be modified to jump any direction. I doubt I post anything more for a few days, anyhow, to see what's happening next.

Most of us are scattered out at the moment, so shouldn't anything too drastic come to pass.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I am still just not got my thoughts together. Don't be messing with me pirate story though arrrrggghhh I will make ye walk the planky. LOL

I think I would like to post my conversation with Eloho before you show up Neno.
It might be funny if the Elves find you naked in their woods. LOL

What you think?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I am still just not got my thoughts together. Don't be messing with me pirate story though arrrrggghhh I will make ye walk the planky. LOL

I think I would like to post my conversation with Eloho before you show up Neno.
It might be funny if the Elves find you naked in their woods. LOL

What you think?

Sounds like a plan to me! I'll wait 'till I read your post to make the necessary adjustments. What I've got so far is just what you've already read, and there's nothing in it that can't be changed.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

hehehe Well, you can always say I tried... You know me and pirates!

Nice to see you...

Studious Welcome Back! I'm looking forward to what you're up to!

Neno

Ok cool thanks for the input.
We can see each other all 'translucently' - check.
In my quarters - check.
Nix pirate - reluctantly check... lol

see ya!

peace

[edit on 18-6-2010 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Nix pirate - reluctantly check... lol

Neno would be more than happy to find an eye patch, considering his current costume....

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I might let you pirate one day.
Please don't tell me all you need is an eye patch to cover you!

I really had that whole whale, Atlantis, Cadbury thing set up for someone, whom I will not name.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I might let you pirate one day.

It... uhhh... would be a start?

Maybe it just WOULDN'T do for me to go a-pirating....

I really had that whole whale, Atlantis, Cadbury thing set up for someone, whom I will not name.

Might as well roll with it, since you've already gone to the effort to set it up. Besides, wouldn't it be sort of evil of you to leave Cadbury stranded back there in time, with all that treasure, and all those wenches? Oh, the inhumanity of it all!

Or did I really mean that some guys have ALL the luck by that?

[edit on 2010/6/18 by nenothtu]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

This one goes down in the Hall of Fame quotes - yeahhhh, just might be the top on the top ten...

I'd like to post today but I think I'll run the Neno/Silo dialog by you in U2U first Neno.
Not that there's much of it but I want to make sure it's what you're looking for.

Beyond that - when the post goes up - I hope you all like the way 'Deson' handles Ship's water problem.

peace

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Okee dokee. It's 04:30 here right now (10:30 there, I think), so I'll check the U2U's when I wake back up. I'm such a wimp - finding that sometimes I actually have to SLEEP in my dotage. That never used to be a problem...

top topics

<< 205  206  207    209  210  211 >>

join