It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 210
<< 207  208  209    211  212  213 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

OH! Another question.

What does Pres. Bransom know about you?
Is it a possibility if I talk to Chumley about your 'apparition' - that Bransom would have something to say???

I'd love it if you'd write her part...

Just ideas but it's a great place to start... With Bransom I mean...

peace

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

OH! Another question.

What does Pres. Bransom know about you?
Is it a possibility if I talk to Chumley about your 'apparition' - that Bransom would have something to say???

I'd love it if you'd write her part...

Just ideas but it's a great place to start... With Bransom I mean...

peace

I don't really know what she knows about me... It's always been a love-hate relationship - we love to hate one another. I guess she would have tried to dig into neno's records when they started butting heads, and being the newly-minted prez of the UEF, she would have access to everything, but 'everything' in this case might just be what records are available on Penelope, since Earth, the L2 station, and all associated record keeping facilities got all blowed up in the Buzzard attack on the UEF.

I haven't really considered what changes the big fight with the Buzzards may have wrought in the 'relationship' (SHUDDER! - was that someone walking over my future grave?) between the two. I would guess that, at a minimum, she would know everything that has transpired since neno's transfer to the Penelope, and if the battle is still on, would be willing to use such information (*cough-killingoffooks-cough*) to further her agenda, if she could figure out a good political use of it - or even just thought it would dig at neno.

Another variable thrown into the works is her ummm... 'alliance'.... with Chumley. How far that has calmed her drive to rule will have a fairly large bearing on her situation with respect to neno, since the main source of the friction there is her need to micromanage. Micromanagement is not very 'presidential' in neno's estimation - he's of the opinion that is the reason presidents have underlings, and if a president has to micromanage everything on their own, 1) underlings are a superfluous waste of skin, and 2) the president in question isn't secure enough in themselves to BE president.

To neno's way of thinking, micromanagement is a sign of insecurity - the need for complete control of one's immediate environment shows a certain degree of fear of something, and an inability to deal with life as it comes, attempting to force it into a mold of one's own making instead. That speaks to him of a certain inflexibility, insecurity, and inability to cope.

Plus it just plain annoys him.

Commanding respect, and demanding obedience is one thing - that's just his military mind at work. Specifying HOW that is delivered, and bypassing underlings to manage every little thing at the lower echelons is something else altogether. If neno gives someone a job to do, he leaves them alone to do it. If they can't be trusted to do it, he fires them and finds someone who CAN do it, so he can worry about other stuff. Bransom, by contrast, has shown a need to give someone a job, then proceed to tell them HOW to do that job.

Her deal with Chumley may have modified that somehow, though.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
BIAD, what software are you using to create and manipulate the figures in your avatars and pictures? Is it DAZ Studio, or Poser, or something of that nature? Just curious, as I've been tinkering with DAZ in an amateurish manner, trying to produce something useable, but without much luck so far.[edit on 2010/6/22 by nenothtu]

I use Adobe Photoshop 7, I used to use it in my job, and now I enjoy
it at home.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
cindymars says:
... I had an ideal last night, up too you two guys though. What about a
Robinson Cruso and Boy?Girl Friday scenario?
The old Elf discovers the scary creatures are in their territory as are you 2
and ask Cim to raise a shield if she can. Then we can eventually find the
portal and go thru it either to the Yydryl or somewhere. What say you?
Neno? BIAD?.....No space ships in Elf forest.

No problems there.
I'll have to pass by this way with verve, I keep getting stuck into
my tale!
Yes... that's great idea Cindy... or Ms. Marrs!!

Neno...? you lead from the front, BIAD is trying to make peace
in his fumbling way, he's been outflanked and that tells him, you're
smarter than he.
He'll tag along if you wish or we can make contact (that'll be a sight to
see!!!)

[edit on 24-6-2010 by A boy in a dress]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

I see perplexity in the near future...

But neno much prefers peace to fighting, he just don't warm up too quick.

I can only imagine the reaction when he wakes up to find food there... and realizes that he got snuck up on, just that easy!

I can imagine the feeling. Once upon a time, I was camping out in the mountains, and woke up to find a 3000 pound Black Angus bull standing right over me. I mean RIGHT over me. Had one hoof at each of my four quarters, contentedly grazing away, nipping grass from just above my head, as if he thought I were just one more log.

I was skeert to move. Startling a 3000 pound bull, and having him step all in the middle of you, can ruin your whole day, and my day was just getting started. T'would have been a shame to ruin it so early. At the time, I just laid still, and let him graze until he decided to move on. Once he moved on, we, me and he, moved off in opposite directions. Rapidly. As it turned out, startling him really WOULD have been a bad idea. Sonuvagun made the earth rumble when he got spooked and ran, much more rumble than I produced when I got spooked and ran. Good thing we picked opposite directions.

Anyhow, I'd imagine that's sort of the feeling neno will have when he wakes up to find a plate of grub smack dab in the middle of a place he knows he cleaned off the evening before...

[edit on 2010/6/24 by nenothtu]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

If 'Neno' can see it as it is... eats the food (with caution to
start with) BIAD will provide more.
If you wish to travel and forage, that's fine... BIAD will still
give up food!
It's his way. He sees an opportunity where it makes sense
to be subservient and then gratitude may be shown in the
fashion of helping him out of his (and yours!) predicament.

BIAD can't fight! -he's not a fighter who looks for trouble, it's
just that with him being a sort of outcast, his journey gets him
into all sorts of scrapes.
BIAD prefers to be near the rear of the pack, than up front.
Some lead... BIAD tends to follow or walk alone.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

reply to Attention Please ~ mf_luder ~

(EDIT TO ADD): Luder, I directed this to Neno and should have directed it to you.
Please let me know what you'd like me to do here. Thanks...

Her deal with Chumley may have modified that somehow, though.

Well, (Luder) you've got the tell-tale on that.

I've been wanting to ask you about it but things have gotten all up in a roar lately with BIAD - THANKFULLY I might add!

So I'll ask now while we're on the subject...

I'm thinking Bransom went/is going through more an animalistic change in reaction to the fighting and coming out of it alive - than her actually being kind and ladylike etc.

But now I need your help! What should I do with her from here? She's your character that I hijacked (ouch) and I need your input along with you accepting my apology. I'd say 'lol' but it really isn't funny.

Anyway, if nothing else what she's experiencing is only the 'I'm so glad to be alive and not blown to pieces by the Buzzards I'm having an emotional epiphany' phase.

Or something along the lines of a Spock like thing - she 'gets this way' only once ever however many years... (And Chumley is in for a rude awakening)...

Or - she's really changed - but - from all you've said about her I doubt it.

Worse or better yet - she'll be a woman scorned and will go back to being her old self and then some...

How does that happen?

Chumley, in his new duties as First Security Officer, well, after the glow wears off he realizes he's only First Officer because his beloved Whisper is missing.
Still missing.
So, he's heartbroken he's 'betrayed' his memory of Whisper.
Bransom overhears a conversation to that line and well, hell hath no fury kind'a thing.

From there, what a better way to snap her back into her 'ol self' than mentioning Neno!

(Luder) Please let me know what you think and what you prefer.
I'll make it short and sweet and not to complicated whatever it is.
I'm feeling like I stepped on your toes over her and for that I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking.

peace

[edit on 24-6-2010 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I use Adobe Photoshop 7, I used to use it in my job, and now I enjoy
it at home.

I've got either 6 or 7 - its' what I've used here for my pics too.
I love it.
But I sure would like their newest edition - too pricey for me though!
Nice to see someone else using the same thing I do - and the addition of more pics to the Opera is always way cool.

Really love what you're doing so far! Thanks again for joining! I'm looking forward to having a chance to write with you in the future.

peace

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

That works. Neno will of course be cautious, but on the other hand, he hasn't got a clue as to what is edible around there, so the feed won't be unappreciated - once he learns to trust it. Up to this point, his main option was to kill something to eat, and hope it wasn't the local variant of puffer fish!

If BIAD isn't a fighter (my, what big teeth you have there...
) it will be interesting to see how he gets out of this prison scrap.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I'm thinking Bransom went/is going through more an animalistic change in reaction to the fighting and coming out of it alive - than her actually being kind and ladylike etc.

Well, we know that facing down death and coming out the other side alive frequently brings an adjustment of attitude with it. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse, but nearly always a change. I'm sure Bransom is due for some soul searching in the aftermath of the battle.

neno, of course, HAS no discernible soul, so his would be a fruitless search. It's up to Bransom to build a bridge, if one is to be built.

But now I need your help! What should I do with her from here? She's your character that I hijacked (ouch) and I need your input along with you accepting my apology. I'd say 'lol' but it really isn't funny.

Nope. She was originally Luder's NPC, which we kept alive. As I recall, Luder created her for antagonistic play, and she was a throwaway. That means Bransom is fair game for anyone. Since she has taken up with Chumley (that sort of makes my skin crawl - on Chumley's behalf!) her ball is in your court at the moment. No apologies necessary.

Anyway, if nothing else what she's experiencing is only the 'I'm so glad to be alive and not blown to pieces by the Buzzards I'm having an emotional epiphany' phase.

Or something along the lines of a Spock like thing - she 'gets this way' only once ever however many years... (And Chumley is in for a rude awakening)...

Or - she's really changed - but - from all you've said about her I doubt it.

Worse or better yet - she'll be a woman scorned and will go back to being her old self and then some...

Any of that works. Just throwing this out, but have you ever noticed that there is a spike in the birthrate 9 months following earthquakes? It seems that close brushes with death produce those sorts of results. Something about the subliminal urge to propagate the species after a close call. Could be that, could be a change of heart, could be a combination of those, or something else altogether.

Chumley, in his new duties as First Security Officer, well, after the glow wears off he realizes he's only First Officer because his beloved Whisper is missing.
Still missing.
So, he's heartbroken he's 'betrayed' his memory of Whisper.
Bransom overhears a conversation to that line and well, hell hath no fury kind'a thing.

Chumley can keep her... honest! neno won't miss her, and the UEF probably won't either, but they'd need a new president... speaking of that, what if several folks in several different places declared themselves 'President' of the UEF in the aftermath of the Buzzard attack?

From there, what a better way to snap her back into her 'ol self' than mentioning Neno!

That might do it... especially when she finds out he ain't dead after all!

Or - maybe you want her a bit 'softer' (with Chumley and the Yydryl crew) but still a hunka witchy woman to the rest?

Let me know what you think and what you prefer. I'll make it short and sweet and not to complicated whatever it is. I'm feeling like I stepped on your toes over her and for that I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking.

No toes were harmed in the development of this character... taker her whichever way you think best.

My apologies and I can assure you it wont happen again.

peace

Enough with the apologies!

Bransom is as much yours as anyones. It says right in the rules that NPCs are fair game for all!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Bransom is as much yours as anyones. It says right in the rules that NPCs are fair game for all!

Yeah, well, but I could have asked.
Anyway! Thank you for being understanding... And I can't imagine where I got the idea she was your NPC? That is a brain fart in action for sure.

Beyond that I'll have to see what comes about... I swear these characters write things for themselves. I mean I have NO idea where the whole snow thing came up from (Deson's way of working out the water problem)...

So, it will be as much of a surprise to me as to the Opera.

Thanks again!

Now I'll have to ask Luder to read my last post to you and we'll start again from there!

peace

[edit on 24-6-2010 by silo13]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

What...well, don't use mine without consultation.
I am a possessive Scorpio.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by cindymars]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I can't imagine where I got the idea she was your NPC?

It was probably because when Luder flew off into the wild black yonder on his quest, I appropriated Bransom at that point as an antagonistic foil to play off of neno.

I swear these characters write things for themselves.

I know. Ain't it strange? Sometimes the Opera takes on a life of it's own, and outruns us!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars

What...well, don't use mine without consultation.
I am a possessive Scorpio.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by cindymars]

You're a Scorpio? I'm afraid.... VERY afraid... I used to be a foot taller, until I had to deal with a couple of Scorpios...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I also look forward to scribing BIAD's poor existence
with you!!
The Photoshop thing works fine with me, I can just about
do all I require on it... and the Adobe Ready that comes with it.
(bottom of the tool grid)

Cheers, I'm enjoying this!
BIAD.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

...If BIAD isn't a fighter (my, what big teeth you have there...
) it will be interesting to see how he gets out of this prison scrap.

He isn't, he's a product of his creator (I gave a Frankenstein clue
away in the tale) and he's finding his feet.
It would be easy to give him powers that he could get himself
out of trouble with, but the powers that he has, he can't control
neither does he know what his range of powers are!

His true power resides in his willingness to make friends... I think
he knows that... but Fate tends to deal him a troubled hand.

This is fun!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

BIAD you said that you are reading the entire Opera which is good.
You share similar things with Silo as in your creations and another writer Antar's characters, father was some scientist as I recall. It has been awhile, when did we start this anyway. LOL

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

You share similar things with Silo as in your creations and another writer Antar's characters, father was some scientist as I recall. It has been awhile, when did we start this anyway. LOL

Yeah... just when I think I have an original idea, I read someone's
work later and Heh Presto!! it's already been done!
I'm just trying to get BIAD at peace with his creator's absence and
his own trust in taking the correct route.

He wakes me at all hours, you know?!
"Where do I go from here?" he whispers into my shell-like and
then returns to the far side of the bedroom.
My wife reckons she saw him once, a fleeting shape on the stair
landing. Was it BIAD?... we'll never know, but if you sometimes check
the corner of your eye... a gangly hairy creature may wave back at you!
Lol!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

March of last year, I think...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

He wakes me at all hours, you know?!
"Where do I go from here?" he whispers into my shell-like and
then returns to the far side of the bedroom.
My wife reckons she saw him once, a fleeting shape on the stair
landing. Was it BIAD?... we'll never know, but if you sometimes check
the corner of your eye... a gangly hairy creature may wave back at you!
Lol!

I think I saw him... but it looked like a shadow to me. I picked up a boot from the bedside and threw it in that direction, and he giggled and ran away...

new topics

top topics

<< 207  208  209    211  212  213 >>

join