It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 205
<< 202  203  204    206  207  208 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by prof-rabbit

Hmmm, anyone heard from P. Rabbit?
Getting worried now...
It's not like Rabbit to be gone so long...
Hope all is ok???

I'll put off writing about Chumley and P.B until we hear from Rabbit...

peace

I am so sorry, "I.m late, I'm late for a very important date", actually been having a rough time with our 15yo daughter, anyone have suggestions? abusive, lazy, defiant, nasty, self-centered, violent.......

Added to the above, with ads switched on the pages are very slow, our broadband runs just a little above 1500bps.

Never the less, shall we party? lots of food here, orbit of honor around the planet?

Chumley and P.B. should dock back with Yydryl, they are in Deson fighters after all. I'm hungry.

I'm still hung up on the bridge here on Penelope, the Captn' is no where to be found. I'm hungry.

We still do not know Neno is alive. I'm hungry.

Did I mention food?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Well, no news from anyone.
Spooky that.
Hope everyone is well.
The echo in here is deafening.
Off to post, can't let the blood run completely from this project.
Nope.

Will start campaigning for new writers again - maybe that will help pump some blood back into the 'regulars'.

Again, hope everyone is ok.

peace

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
P_sssst! over here behind the furniture! I lost my pencil...

Well, no news from anyone.
Spooky that.
Hope everyone is well.
The echo in here is deafening.
Off to post, can't let the blood run completely from this project.
Nope.

Will start campaigning for new writers again - maybe that will help pump some blood back into the 'regulars'.

Again, hope everyone is ok.

peace

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Too funny - I was stuck on the last page thanks to bookmark and didn't see your post!

So, glad you're back - and as for the 15yr old blues.
RUN AND HIDE!
No, honestly I've no idea how anyone deals with kids these days.
Tons of luck to you.

Ok, so yeah, we need some kind of closure after this attack.

Will that be a victory diner together?

Let's put that idea on the table and see what people think.

I've got a post to finish on Deez and then, well...

peace

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Hey, I am not being scolded am I? I check in here once a day or so.
Not blaming but when you were gone so long, I just lost my momentum and I just have not gotten my writing mojo back.

New writers sounds great!

There are very few of us that have stayed with the project and I have not abandoned it and will not.

Silo, you and I know some (not present) wish we would, but I will not.
So please either give me some motivation and I really do not want to get stuck on the ship again and or be patient.

Peace!
Cindy

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

You? Scolded?

NEVA!

No, really, I'm just trying to get ya mojo going.

(Psssst - *looks around* - Who wants us gone? No one that counts right?)?

Anywayyyyy - I'm dying to hear what's up with Cadbury. I love that story line (Pirates! ARRR!) and really can't wait to see what you do with it.
I don't know what to tell you about not being stuck on Ship and all though. I'll be most happy to be your sounding board in U2U...

*Kicks ya Mojo* (Or gently gives it a poke).

peace

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I'm still around, too. I'm gonna page a bright blue nurse to patch up neno's boo-boos, then invite her to R+R on the planet surface below while he recuperates!

Woo-Hoo!

No, seriously (well, I MIGHT be serious about that story line, too - it'd at least keep Cim from being stuck on the ship) I'm working on how to bring about the realization by neno that he has just been captured by the guy he was supposed to be capturing - how embarrassing, eh?

On a personal note, I live in High Point, NC. I'm guessing you may have heard about it in the news today, if you live in the US.

A tornado came through at about 7:30 lat night, tore some stuff up. It went DIRECTLY through my front yard. Pulled my bedroom away from the house, sucked the kitchen door right off it's hinges. Pulled the heating/AC unit away from the house, and would have carried it off altogether if it hadn't been for the copper gas line anchoring it down. Every tree in my yard is down, except a giant magnolia in my front yard, which is only 3/4 gone. The furniture that formerly resided on my front porch now lives in the top of a tree that a neighbor got to keep.

I was lucky. A guy across the street had half of his house just up and collapse. Some trees were pulled entirely up, root balls and all, and left laying on roofs. A daycare nearby has it's bus in a most unwelcome section of the building. The church two doors down from me lost it's steeple, which was found a couple blocks away, in a grocery store parking lot. All the power lines, poles included, were left laying in the street, dancing. The disaster response team said I'd have lost a good bit of roof if I hadn't Just reinforced the porch roof supports last week.

Now, the good news is that I was nowhere around when it hit. My son and I are 3 states away in WV, came up here Saturday on his spring break. I heard about it early this afternoon as we were going to see a curiosity that I've started a thread about in the mysteries forum at ATS. Heard the news report on the truck radio, and called back home to see how close the call was. Just a wee bit TOO close, but it's ok, since we weren't home. Could have been worse. I might have been there, and slept through it.

The computer that I was doing the 3d renders on was in the bedroom that got pulled away from the house. I'm told that it might be ok, but the monitor is toasted. I'm still looking for Silo's purple hair, and a face to match the picture's she's already done so far so I can work something up.

Meanwhile, I'm up here in God's country, living the high life, and won't be heading back to NC for several more days. Actually, the incentive to hurry really just isn't there any more...

Here is a link to the thread on the curiosity we've found up here, if you want to drop by and ogle it.

Later, gang, it's nearly past my bedtime!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

:O :O :O

SO glad you're ok! I'll go visit the url when I'm done here.

As for you and Cim going to the planet that sounds cool! Hope you two have a blast!

I can get you a pic if you need one but it's pretty much just the same thing in my avatar.

Wow - again - glad you're ok!

peace

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Yeah, I'm fine as frog hair. Ya gotta keep yer perspective: remember to NOT sweat the small stuff, and always remember that it's ALL small stuff. an old guy - well, older than me, anyhow - once told me that every day you can get upright and suck in a breath, and no one is throwing shovelfulls of dirt in your face, is a good day, and the older I get, the more I realize how right he was.

The face thing: I have to wrap it around a 3-D face sructure, which sort of distorts the way the face looks as a flat picture, before it gets wrapped around. I'm just not quite sure how I'd do that, but I'm thinking a full-on frontal view would be a place to start. Deson and Slayer were really the masters of this sort of thing. I'm still cutting teeth and having growing pains.

Cim's surface is a little easier - I just have to turn what I already have blue, since a face has not yet really been established. I had to chuck out the model I already had for her, since to make it bend and pose (let's think "playing with high-tech Barbie dolls", shall we?) I would have had to go in and create an entire skeletal structure for it, which my rudimentary skill set is just not up to yet. Ergo, I can just cheat by taking an already rigged character, and turning it blue.

Then there's the problem of clothes, since she can't just walk around naked. The only clue I've got to go on there are the Marvel Character Cat Suits I've seen in her illustrations. I've got the basic cat suit now, and have to work on the trim.

For silo's hair, I'm thinking I can turn a blonde texture purplish. Now it's boiling down to a hair style. I don't really even have a design concept in mind for Silo's clothes, so I don't quite know what to search for there.

[edit on 2010/3/30 by nenothtu]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I'm not happy with these but I want to post and don't have time - sadly.

I hope to fix it later (s I learm more) but for now which one do you think makes Deez look 'scarier'?
I'm trying hard to get the effect of the teeth and snout jumping out of the picture but not having much luck yet...

I personally think the 'sepia' is spookier - kind'a that Alfred Hitchcock thing goin' on.

peace

[edit on 1-4-2010 by silo13]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I'm not happy with these but I want to post and don't have time - sadly.

I hope to fix it later (s I learm more) but for now which one do you think makes Deez look 'scarier'?
I'm trying hard to get the effect of the teeth and snout jumping out of the picture but not having much luck yet...

I personally think the 'sepia' is spookier - kind'a that Alfred Hitchcock thing goin' on.

peace

[edit on 1-4-2010 by silo13]

Heep the colours, I love those green eyes! and I wouldn't put my hand next to those teeth either!

Hey Neno, can you call Penelope with a "T'm good" so we can get the party going?

[edit on 1/4/2010 by prof-rabbit]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Due to a terrible accident that will occur soon Studious will become what he has most feared....a machine.

They'll call him a combination of Studious and automaton.

Studamaton!!!!

April Fools!!!!!

[edit on 2-4-2010 by Studious]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Studious

Studamaton!!!!

ROTFL

But now the question arises - what are you going to do!

Thanks for the laugh

peace

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Hi Everyone,

Things here are a bit sideways.

We are in the beginning of a two week break for schools between the four school "terms" so have children underfoot.

After 13 years and with 3 children (15, 11, 7) my wife decides she needs "space" and wants to separate.

Ergo I need to find a new home for myself and the two boys.

I will still be around and posting but there may be gaps ( )

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Oh geeze... Wow... I'm so sorry, really... Just speechless...

Seems like I'm always too full of words - but not one that would say how much I hope things work out for you.

Hang in there - all of you... Please feel free to email me if you just need someone to listen...

Obviously the Space Opera is not high on the priority list for you - just saying we'll keep your chair warm...

peace

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

In our thought P Rabbit.
Best of luck on your hunt.
We will see you when you can.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Look the Buzzards made the news on spaceweather.com

www.space.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Nice post CindyMars - those buzzards never give up.

Ok, here goes about me and the Space Opera.

I'm a pirate! YAY!
Ok, well, I've got a pirate patch.
And I'm trying to stay upbeat about it... Trying being the key word in the sentence.

Got in a fight with a tree branch and took a good knock to the head. Nice bunch a stitches over my right eye and that was that right? Not.

I woke up and couldn't see hardly anything out of the eye so, yeah, done the hospital thing and got some crap news about my retina and all that.

Now I've got to hump around to all the hospitals until I find one about a OCT machine...

So, I'm going to post what I've got ready for the opera and then try to stay in the swing of things - just know it's really tough to type for the moment, makes me nauseated (the 'pirate' patch really throws me off)...

Long story short - I'm not leaving - but - I might have some longer pauses between posts.

Hope to see you all here though! Come on Studious! And Neno! What's up with you two!

hugs around
gracie

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Nice post CindyMars - those buzzards never give up.

Ok, here goes about me and the Space Opera.

I'm a pirate! YAY!
Ok, well, I've got a pirate patch.
And I'm trying to stay upbeat about it... Trying being the key word in the sentence.

gracie

Hi,

just popped in to say great writing! sorry to hear about your retina, do know a bit as detached retina as it runs in my wife's family. Hope it works out for you.

Things are really unbalanced here, I am hopeful but the position in bleak. Hope to write soon.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Hi you - was just coming in to see how things were...was headed to email if I didn't hear.
Anyway, so sorry to hear nothing is looking up yet for you...sad news indeed.
I hope your luck changes soon.

Eye is better - lots in fact. So horrid the first two nights I, well, none of that matters, what matters is you work things out and we'll see you here when you get here.

I'm going to make one small post and then hope to hear from someone else.
Neno?
Studious?
CindyMars?

Keep the faith P. Rabbit

peace

top topics

<< 202  203  204    206  207  208 >>

join