It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 211
<< 208  209  210    212  213  214 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I think I saw him... but it looked like a shadow to me. I picked up
a boot from the bedside and threw it in that direction, and he giggled
and ran away...

He once commented an occurrence like this and went on
to say he was disappointed it wasn't a sling-back or high-heel
shoe!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

BIAD absolutely great writing. I totally enjoyed reading.
I have one question. How does your character know about Earth?
A couple of Earth references: Vegas and Easter Island.

As a reader I assumed much like Silo you were from elsewhere?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars

BIAD absolutely great writing. I totally enjoyed reading.
I have one question. How does your character know about Earth?
A couple of Earth references: Vegas and Easter Island.

As a reader I assumed much like Silo you were from elsewhere?

Great question!
All I say is that the 'Easter Island' mention is from the writer...
a discription, if you will, a way of showing the reader what was meant.

Vegas...? Well, I could say any 'civilised' planet may have a Vegas, but
that wouldn't be the correct answer.
I can only assume, the M.C was human and he was mocking BIAD's
strange sexuality!!

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Did we loose Luder again?

Well, if you're out there Luder and you've got a few moments can you please let me know what you want me to do with Pres. Bransom?

Thanks tons!

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Hey - sorry - my family is visiting from Texas. I'm not MIA. As far as the NPC's from the Penelope go, feel free to use them as you see fit as long as they aren't all wiped out somehow - lol. The only NPC that Luder cared about is now dead. President Brandom was supposed to be a major annoyance at the beginning and frankly I haven't really 100% caught up with everything she's done to date.

Feel free to use her as you see fit.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

Thanks for the heads up - hope you had a great time with family...

I'll get a post up with Bransom and the rest and see how she turns out as I write...

It's great to have you back...

peace

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Ok my next post is up. Just remember that the characters in the Opera do not have the knowledge that you the writer has.

I had all kinds of crazy ideas this weekend, will share them tomorrow.

Photo shop art done by Silo long ago for me. This is not the way I was going to share this bit but it came in handy. LOL

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Hi All you Space Soapers!

I don't know about you all but for me it really helps to have 'visual' in my head when my characters start in on writing their parts... (I just hold the pen)...

Anyway, I've been having a huge problem getting 'Carpet's' character defines and refined for the readers. I want it to come through in the story that Carpet is a live being (I thin I've established that) - but - he has limits.
He's not always around just because there's bio-carpeting under the feet.
It takes his 'Presence' to enrich(?) or invade(?) the bio-weave for Carpet to 'be there' - to move, to make paths, etc.

Oh hell I'm getting off subject.

Ok, back to the point.

I've been looking through 3D software - (I want something more substantial that Adobe pics) - to help with my perception of Space Characters like Chumley and while looking for some visual help I found this!!!

SCULPTRIS

It's a small, non invasive, no spyware or virus free program and it's just the b-balls!

It's way fun, incredibly creative, easy, and so far the only problem I've found is painting the 'creations' afterward is really tough (in adobe) but I'm learning a lot too.

I encourage everyone in the Opera to take a look at this little program, especially you BIAD! Try it out, and see what you come up with!

This one lost a lot in the upload
But I was trying for Chumley! (Took about 10-15 minutes)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f7f4f659fffe.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1084d1929ac9.jpg[/atsimg]

This was an impression of Bransom that went ALL WRONG and came out more a chicken-gray-alien. But it took what? 5 mins and can easily be dumped.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0f1cbef1ed0f.jpg[/atsimg]

Sculptris - 5 Star!

[edit on 1-7-2010 by silo13]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Now I gotta try to learn a whole 'nuther software package.... LOL I've been tinkering with 3D software for a while, rather unsuccessfully, and off-and-on at that, but I've not run into a 'sculpting' system quite like this one before. I only tinkered with it for about 5 minutes or so, but will try to get more in-depth with it tomorrow. I'm wondering now just what sorts of model formats it will save to... and how hard it's going to be to rig those models with armatures.

You may have inadvertently supplied my next program obsession, but from the work you did on Chumley, YOU seem to have taken to it quickly enough!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Realllllly easy - and fun - that program! Fast too... Like I said, that Shumley thing took only what 15 minutes?

I too wanted to get some 3-D in but your program scared me lol. Or maybe it was Deson's that did? BUt really, I just didn't have time - the desire - but no time...

Can't wait to see what you all come up with!

peace

[edit on 1-7-2010 by silo13]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Wow!! that's fantastic, Silo.
If I was only a couple of hundred years younger, I would
try some of that.

Keep it up!!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
So I still have no computer at home and after tomorrow will not be online until Tuesday. I was thinking that after Neno and bad hook up for a couple of post, which I am looking forward too, the tall good elves scare the bejesus out of you with their serious bows and arrows, capture you and bring you back to the village, where Cim then LHFAO at naked Neno. Then we go off through the portal and end up somewhere, not the Yydryl???????????????

Maybe Neno sees the book in Elowho's room, maybe not, maybe.........

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

So I still have no computer at home and after tomorrow will not be online until Tuesday. I was thinking that after Neno and bad hook up for a couple of post, which I am looking forward too, the tall good elves scare the bejesus out of you with their serious bows and arrows, capture you and bring you back to the village, where Cim then LHFAO at naked Neno. Then we go off through the portal and end up somewhere, not the Yydryl???????????????

Maybe Neno sees the book in Elowho's room, maybe not, maybe.........

Sounds like a winner to me. Let's make it happen. Where else have you got in mind to end up other than the Yydryl? I'm not sure how those portal thingys (how's that for a technical term?) work. I'll eave it to you to figure out how they get aimed...

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   

lol
Thank goodness you don't know how old I am

No really, it's extremely user friendly and fast and really pulls at the creativity.

But you've no lack for that as your incredible cool posts are proving!

Now about that label of yours...

Are you going to be sticking around (I hope)?

If sooooo, seems to me you're in need of a better title than 'Visiting Character' (Though it does fit! Your character is quite and just that)!

peace

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I'm thinking there is a possibility of a ship's billet for BIAD in the future, once he gets among the rest of the troops, and decides on a ship to 'join'.

For the time being, A 'stowaway' place is not any sort of negative to build on, is it? Judging from what we know of the character's history thus far, one would think he may be seeking after a place of belonging, and the odd collection we have ought to provide precisely such a place.

I'm wondering how neno is going to react to "all them TEETH"! Not to mention, how he has consistently missed seeing a red dress in all that green!

Nenothtu might just be getting too old for all this thrashing around in jungles! Hope he can still duck fast enough when taller elves with superior firepower get the drop on him!

BIAD: Step AWAY from the captain's chair! it's pure poison on Yydryl!

[edit on 2010/7/2 by nenothtu]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   

BIAD: Step AWAY from the captain's chair! it's pure poison on Yydryl!

Aint that the truth! lol

And YES, a Stowaway place is a GREAT place to build on...it's where I got my start!

peace

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

You know Neno I think that would be your post. Just have the elves fire a warning shot into a tree or something once you and BIAD are together after several post or not, it is up to you.

Happy 4th all!

PS: LOL I was wondering how Neno missed the red dress.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by cindymars]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

You know Neno I think that would be your post. Just have the elves fire a warning shot into a tree or something once you and BIAD are together after several post or not, it is up to you.

I'm rolling it around in my head as we speak, hoping it will take solid form. Since neno has missed that red dress, I'm sure it won't be hard for them to utterly surround him and fire that warning shot, although I'm leaning towards one that lands in the ground at his feet, halting forward movement.

Happy 4th all!

Right back atcha!

PS: LOL I was wondering how Neno missed the red dress.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by cindymars]

I plead old age and the attendant bad eyesight, with perhaps just a hint of creeping senility.... Do you think they'll have reading glasses still in 2320?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I do hope to be snuffling among the strange undergrowth
of this tale, the tangents and the lonely trails call to me like
lost highways.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

... Since neno has missed that red dress, I'm sure it won't be hard for
them to utterly surround him and fire that warning shot ..

I know, but it is soiled and torn, look- *BIAD twirls once and
knocks mouse off desk* -and there is a slight 'browning' effect
when it's under all that foliage.
*Again, BIAD stands and peers down at the rag of attire and
notices the fabric beginning to mend itself* "Wow" falls softly
from his lips.

I would love to be sent to or to be aboard the legendary ship...
*BIAD grabs handfulls of hair and uses a piece of 'Cable-Tidy'
to make pig tails* "must look my best" BIAD mutters.

I contemplated just passing through this area, but that lonely
seat seems to beckon... *BIAD tilts his head, dog-like and
wonders what the uniform will be like*

Do with me -what you will... *the mangirl lays prone on the
forest floor and discreetly tucks his dress close*

new topics

top topics

<< 208  209  210    212  213  214 >>

join