It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 170
<< 167  168  169    171  172  173 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Studious - Your post had me on tenterhooks, lol.

Yeah the only thing is please do your best to keep the fact Delia is Ship from the readers - please please please...
(I’ve got a huge reason for this ok - sorry - I thought I made that really clear in U2U)...

That, and, she still is pretty ethereal - she hasn’t *matured* to the point where she can really interact physically yet.
(This is also really important)...

So, can you have her instructing you what to do physically.

I mean that would fit right in with very little change in what you’ve already put up.

In fact that part you could allude to - even when she’s in your arms - it could be like ‘she’s so light’ or ‘It was if I was holding a moon beam’ kind’a thing. Like an almost romantic tone - but - really what you’re saying is she’s so close to being ghost like it’s hard to know if she’s really there or not.

Would that present too much of a problem?

(If so I’ve got a lot of writing to do lol.)

ALSO: Now that CindyMars is back on Ship we really all need to have a “sit down” and figure out what to do.
Have you thought about staying on the Yydryl or are you going to escape or are we going to send you on your way?
Let us know U2U please - if you want it kept secret - if not, let it all hang here of course, lol.

I really am looking forward to hearing what CindyMars has to tell us about Cadbury - I hope that pirate part of the story gets fleshed out more...

Thanks tons Studious...

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Oh Deson! Welcome back!

So good to hear you’re feeling better!
And good to know that guinea pig thing is all cleared up...
(Did you know we eat guinea pig here)?
(Ewww, maybe I shouldn’t have said that - your poor stomach suffering already)

Ok so I wrote a post that used you (slightly) as an NPC - I wasn’t sure when you’d be back - and it’s time to take on the Studious thing, the CindyMars being back aboard etc.

Now that you’re back, and we’re waiting for Studious to post his newest I guess I’ll wait and see how we want to pull it all together...

No problem at all - wouldn’t be the first post I’ve written and not posted, and, I like the turn this is all taking anyway...

Will wait to hear from you how you’d like to handle it...

Welcome back again...

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Originally posted by silo13
Would that present too much of a problem?

Not at a problem at all, I put the post out for approval so changes could be made.

I'll start editing the post right away.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Studious]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Studious

I've got to go for a bit - but you've a U2U - some stuff I didn't want to bring out on working thread.

So I'm revamping posts today - but have to get some input before I move on.

CindyMars thank you for clearing up that part I was confused over - the time travel thing for saving earth.

I have to be honest sand say I don't *get* the multiple worlds thing, or time travel at all - that's why my character just latches on to you and closes her eyes!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Here is my idea in full

The crew cannot travel back in time, because it has been established that the ones with time travel capability cannot alter time, only observe it. So if we incorporate many worlds theory, that leads new quantum technologies to be developed on board the Penelope that would allow for reality shifting. Now, the technology would be limited. I am thinking it can only work once because of the amount of power required, it would burn itself out. It would leave such a mark on the multiverse so as to not allow it to happen again.

Now, the other limitation is they can only jump to the universe closest to their target event. That target is the destruction of earth. We could assign temporal/spacial coordinates for the date and time the destruction occured. They could travel back in time on another world line where the destruction didn't happen because of the event targeting capabilities. And the nearest worldline to the destruction of earth would be option B, the earth survives. But the enemy still exists.

Being that the penelope and its crew jumped to that worldline, we could assign a set of laws that say two identical particles cannot exist within a single world line. It would violate basic physics. The penelope of the new worldline would have to mysteriously jump somewhere else.

Yep.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

Interesting.

I've got something very similar in the works. But more on that will be coming out soon.

Unrelated:

I've edited the "Escape from the Death Star" posts.

(See the page of the thread before this one to see the edited version.)

In this edited version I'm only alluding to the possibility that Studious might know she is Ship.

"With the S is for Studious and S is for..." line.

I can change that very easily though because it's only one line.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Studious]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

I really appreciate your making that clear to me.
I’m sorry my intellect doesn't afford me to understand it more.
I’ll read up some on the net and re read your post(s).

If noting else I’ll sit back and wait to be directed on what to write and would appreciate your help when that time comes.

That is assuming the Penelope and Yydryl will be working together (in the story itself) on this problem?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Studious - I love this part...

“Hey…uh…I felt something between us when we swung across.

Delia looked at him smiling and said innocently “Yes?”

Studious: “My cane!”

Looking forward to hearing about *my* Nathan, lol. *wink*

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

I really appreciate your making that clear to me.
I’m sorry my intellect doesn't afford me to understand it more.
I’ll read up some on the net and re read your post(s).

If noting else I’ll sit back and wait to be directed on what to write and would appreciate your help when that time comes.

That is assuming the Penelope and Yydryl will be working together (in the story itself) on this problem?

Not sure if the two ships will be working together or not. Will have to wait on luders input on it all. Since me and him are the only 2 left on the penelope. Would be awesome if that happened though. I would be more than happy to help with the writing. Just shoot me some U2U's. Actually it would make sense in the story if the two ships worked together. Be sure to get everyone aboard the yydryl first hehe.

If the penelope goes to another wordline without the Yydryl, then the Yydryl of that worldline would know nothing of what happened. So if the two ships go together, it would make the story contiguous.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

If the penelope goes to another wordline without the Yydryl, then the Yydryl of that worldline would know nothing of what happened. So if the two ships go together, it would make the story contiguous.

Saving the world, or CindyMars chocolate cake - either or - I hope we get the two Ships together!

Thanks for your help, in advance.

We'll wait to hear from Luder and take it from there...

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Ok everyone! Thanks for the replies and I will need to get my next post up soon.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Nah, I'm still kicking around the Penelope in a sense. Don't write me out yet...

I'm working on my next post off and on, should be able to drop it in soon. The way it's working out, I should be able to interact with the Yydryl crew as well, which would be nice.

Honestly, why are we worried about saving Earth at all? If we can't save it in this timeline, why would we be worried about saving it in an alternate time line? In a sense, we would be saving 1 Earth out of trillions that are about to be destroyed in alternate universes...

Personally, I think we should just accept the disaster and leave well enough alone. Let's hit the one's responsible, and hit them hard.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerOfAUTMN

Save Earth, don't save it, doesn't matter.
My character sort of has this warped obsession with trying to change it ,when changing history is exactly what she is not supposed to do. LOL
She has flaws.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
computer is fried
trying this in safe mode
I am soooo in trouble
I can't open anything
nothing mircosoft
something about windows genuine experience but i just bought this new computer
sorry can't even get into a word thing for spell check
will be back to writing as soon as I can
maybe I can fire up my old old compuer
just wanted you all to know it might be a day or so
eeeks I can't even see the screen well enough to type this out
*sob*

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Sorry to hear that.

I hope your computer's data will be able to be recovered eventually.

Unrelated:

Originally posted by Mr. Toodles
Since me and him are the only 2 left on the penelope.

Seeker already popped in to say he's still aboard but we also shouldn't forget about Neno he's still around too.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Studious]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerOfAUTMN

YAY! Glad you are still here lol.

Oh and I don't know. Was just an idea and it came pretty vividly when it hit me. Does not have to work out like that, but was just an idea

But have to keep in mind there are limitations. We can't just go save all infinite earths. Can only make 1 jump to the nearest worldline of the target event

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Mr. Toodles]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Haven't seen neno in forever either. Wasn't sure if he would be back or not.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Toodles

Haven't seen neno in forever either. Wasn't sure if he would be back or not.

He popped in briefly to tell us he was alright in this post here.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Yeah, I'm still around, researching the job market, and researching the company that I've applied for a contract with, and waiting to hear what they think about it. I should know something by the end of the month, and if it works out, I'll be missing for a couple of weeks at a time while I'm out in the field and away from communications. When I head back home (I'm still about 30 miles or so from home), I'll try to get creative looking for work arounds vis-a-vis the fried network card until I can get that machine straight, or get my laptop back.

I haven't really figured an angle to write a snippet for the opera yet. I'm mostly watching you guys roll with it, being amazed by the ebb and flow. I thought about throwing neno into a head-to-head with the acting president of the federation, but am waiting to see what she's really up to. I might have to have him shanghai her away to parts unknown

Then there's the developing story of Studious on the Yydryl, which seems to be blossoming the Yydryl into an entity unto itself, and really fleshing out the Ship NPC. Nothing at all I can do with that storyline, but I'm enjoying watching it develop.

I stilll think neno ought to slap the cuffs on that errant president, but I bet he's afraid she might like that way too much, and request the pink fuzzy kind.

I can't think of anything that would scare him more...

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Maybe I have a habit of remembering things selectively without my knowledge. I seem to be short alot of information yet I have read most of the opera...

top topics

<< 167  168  169    171  172  173 >>

join