It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 173
<< 170  171  172    174  175  176 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Finally got a new post up. I tried to use Theresa to tie some of the ends up in a briefing to Luder. We'll get underway as soon as the "survivors on Earth" situation gets resolved. I'm not sure if it has or not, but Luder can't leave until he has closure on that.

Glad to see we have some good writers still sticking it in on the Penelope. I talked/kinda to Neno today and he's going through some schtuff in rl - don't know what all it entails, I'm supposing he's going to brief me up, but I'll let you guys know what I can.

Cheers!

As a side note - I'd like to apologize to everyone for my extended absence. We're in a semi-exercise right now and I've been hella busy for a couple of weeks. Not much sleep and other fun stuff. I'll be more regular again here in a few days, hopefully.

See you all soon.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by mf_luder]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Deson? I hope you are ok... How do you want us to proceed with your character? Are you at a point where you can take back the reigns? Want us to go on using you NPC?

Studious! You’re hurt! We’re on our way! My computer is still down but I’m borrowing one from a friend at the moment so I’ll try to get to you ASAP - a post up by this evening my time and thank you for keeping Ship and Delia’s secret - for now.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by silo13]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I have not mentioned Penelope's lack of a Chief Engineer since at this point I don't have much of and idea of the current situation, I assume a short stay in med-bay is on the cards.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerOfAUTMN

Soooo, how do you want us to proceed?
Any ideas like where you want to go from here?

Is it possible you might want to try at tying some of the old story lines up? (We are so trying to tie up old lines)

Or can you give us some idea where you want to go with us?

Thanks

[edit on 25-8-2009 by silo13]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

It could have been my drink.
Just saying.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
A brief announcement:

Due to some circumstances beyond my control (mostly time crunch) I will be unable to contribute writing time towards the thread. I simply don't have time at this time and things have gotten way too busy on a number of other things to allow me to do so. I'm truly sorry. I can try to contribute some graphics artwork but it'll be sporadic at best for the time being. Feel free to run me as an NPC if you desire. I hope that I've given you people input on how my character thinks and acts in my posts. If all else fails there is the info that I've posted in my Yydryl a readers guide thread to give a base level psych profile.

I'm truly sorry about this. I so feel that I've let you people down but I have no choice at this time.

[edit on 25-8-2009 by Deson]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Yeah, I missed a detail on that one. Had to finish up that last post kinda quickly. Sorry about that.

Let's just leave it at the drink being Cim's still sitting on the bar, as I'm past edit time. I'm trying not to mess up the big stuff. It's kind of hard considering I have to research through a TON of posts to get descriptions of stuff and the little things fall through the cracks.

I'll try to be more accurate.

As far as what I'm up to, it's more about being an intermediary between the Penelope and the Yydryl. Seems like it's always been a gap between the two and I thought it would be interesting to open up some communication.

And Studious, of course, is still doing his damnedest to make life difficult...

He's probably not going to be too happy to see Asher again...

[edit on 25-8-2009 by SeekerOfAUTMN]

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Deson yes I am really sad to hear that but Silo hopefully will continue to use you as a NPC and later maybe you will want to write again. You did such a good job.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerOfAUTMN

Yeah, sometimes the little things slip.
Like also there being only one drink on the table, but I guess I should have made it clearer I took Cim's drink.

Ok, so you're going to be the intermediary - cool - I hope it's one step closer to the two Ships having some writing time together.

I'd hoped to have a post in but I'm having a reluctant period trying to approach this without my own computer.

Will read back through posts again tomorrow morning and hope I don't mess up a new one.

Deson, I hope if we keep your character up and going, you know, keep your seat warm, you'll consider writing again if/when you have the time.
I hope everyone keeps Deson's character alive - it's just not for me to write it and I don't want the sole responsibility to fall on me.
Plus, Deson's a cool character, one of the best on the Opera, I hope other get a kick out of interacting with him too.

Sorry again to see you go, I hope everything evens out for you soon.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
reply to post by Deson

Deson yes I am really sad to hear that but Silo hopefully will continue to use you as a NPC and later maybe you will want to write again. You did such a good job.

I'll second that, perhaps you can be a background character until you have more time, you don't have to be a "directed" NPC, just kept in the story rather than being "written out" so to speak. ie. "I'll drop by Deson and grab a suitable weapon". That allows you to slide back in when time allows.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Lord, I sometimes wonder if this is ever gonna end. I'll give a brief recap of current events in my world, so that hopefully you all can understand why I've been slack.

I'm out of the house. My sweetheart turned myself and my son out with only the clothes we were wearing, one change of clothes, and a sleeping bag apiece. It was done in a sneaky, underhanded way, or I'd have never left in that condition. Now, she won't let me get the rest of my stuff, says I already took what was mine and everything else is hers. Both of my computers. both of my guns. All of my equipment I'll need for this new job. Even my High School and Police academy diplomas. Everything. That may be grounds for a civil suit, but not until we get the criminal elements over with.

Now, she's claiming I stole 1200 dollars from her, among other false allegations. a ridiculous tale. My God, look what I've done for a living for years. Not to go into any great detail, but her story is shot full of holes, and I intend to prove it. That will be tomorrow. I'm under investigation, and a detective will be coming to interview me about it. I may be arrested before it's over with, but they do what they have to when allegations are made. Maybe not, but when they're going to arrest, they usually don't give a heads up, because too many people bolt. I won't, but of course they have no way of knowing that.

She sold my rifle to a pawn shop, without my consent. She says I consented, but I can pretty well establish that I didn't, as it had a vital part taken out of it to disable it, as is my habit. Illegal to sell a gun like that, and I wouldn't run that risk at all, much less unnecessarily. She did it. That's all federal time for her. The detective told me what had happened to it, and said there was a hold on it at the shop until he gets this mess unravelled. She pawned my laptop at another pawn shop. That hasn't been dealt with yet. lots of other nitpicky little things going on, but this ain't a book, just an explanation. I don't want to make too long a whiny rant about it.

The only real reason for the post is to let you know that I ain't been much good lately, but I ain't quitting. Even if I get a little vacation at county expense until the court date, I WILL be back. Should that event transpire, consider sending neno into limbo on a long range recon mission into Ophiuchi territory or something. I'll be back as good as ever at some point, and I apologize again for being slack with my writing of late. I hope you can understand that I've been a bit preoccupied.

We'll know something by this time tomorrow on the evening's festivities. If I DO just disappear, it's not by choice, but I've never run from anything, and am too old to start now. Luder can get in touch with my mom through my Facebook account if I seem to just drop off the face of the Earth. Her or one of my sisters there can usually track me down, and are apprised more fully of the situation.

This has been a hard post to write, and I hope it's not been too far off topic. I just really hate disappointing folks and leaving them hanging.

I thought the world of that woman, and this is what I get for it. I truly am gonna hate, even after all this, having to send her to the Federal Pen. I really am gonna hate it, and that's not being facetious.

Gene

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Like I said last night, I wish there was more I could do. If you need anything just say the word. I'll make sure Neno is taken well care of while you're away.

Good luck and keep your head up.

This will pass.

See you on the flip side brother.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Wow jeez dude. I thought the first time that happened to me it was bad. i would say your situation is alot worse. Good luck and I sure hope everything works out ok.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   

I don't know the right words to express my sympathy.

I hope everything works out in the end.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
I thought the world of that woman, and this is what I get for it. I truly am gonna hate, even after all this, having to send her to the Federal Pen. I really am gonna hate it, and that's not being facetious.
Gene

I have been in a bad situation, different from yours but the vindictive partner aspect seems somewhat universal. Meanwhile all I can say is never hate, it will eat you first. At least you have your son.

Now how would you like that recon? cloaked ship with radio silence to follow the previously mentioned enemy ships headed back? You will need an inter-stellar drive so perhaps something picked up with the survivors from South America?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Asher, I hope you’re up for the challenge.

We couldn' tjust sit there.
I mean what did you expect us to do, just take your word for it when we hadn’t heard from Ship? When we were already under a threat, with a screwy Ensign in the brig, a prisoner U-Man who twitches, marauding U-Mans, and a Ship who’s on the blink? (Should I go on more)?

It will be fun to see how you get out of this one. I can’t help wonder if you’ll end up inside of Harvey?

It will also be horrid when we realize what a mistake we made and how we’ll have to make it up to you somehow!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I wish you luck. We will be keeping your seat warm.
Thank you for keeping us posted.

Silo are you going to answer Asher and at the same time it would fill my character in on what has transpired.

Nevermind I guess I need to read the story thread.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

I answered him like you asked me to. I figured after all the times we've been invaded it was time to take a stand.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great Asher is on board - I just think it would be foolish sounding for the Yydryl crew to (once again) do the, “Ok, mmmm - welcome aboard, pillage and plunder as you will...' like we did last time and the time before.

Also, it was already written into the story line quote a while ago - (after ToTheTenth did his *integration attempt*) Ship could no longer *Integrate* with other life forms.
She’s been cured of that problem, or *forced* integration, soooo, it was kind of hard to believe it happened again.

So, we ripped that bad boy right off his stalk - and now will probably have to pay for it alter when Ship tells us she DID give him the a.o.k to be aboard, lol.

CindyMars I hope you can get us to Studious (we're following Carpet at the moment - he's taking us to Studious) who's hurt, possibly dying...??? What are you going to do to save him? (Take him to a earth hospital? to the recovery bay with no healer? )... Can’t wait to see what you come up with!

Will be back to edit in a bit this computer I'm using is overheating too fast.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by silo13]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Hmmm why should I save Studious. I don't think Cim is all that crazy about him after his last shenanigans. What is it Studious had in mind when he put himself in that position?

I have not gotten any U2U from him asking if I would do this and such.

Studious that's not me but character.
Best speak up.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
sorry wrong thread my bad

[edit on 26-8-2009 by SLAYER69]

new topics

top topics

<< 170  171  172    174  175  176 >>

join