It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 172
<< 169  170  171    173  174  175 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by prof-rabbit

Re: removing the multiple edits, yes you can. This is fiction, not a scientific journal. If you need to do 100 edits before you're happy with your posts, then by all means do them and remove previous edit stamps as you work.

It's all about the finished work and no-one will criticize a tidy post in the writing forums.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Re: removing the multiple edits, yes you can. This is fiction, not a scientific journal. If you need to do 100 edits before you're happy with your posts, then by all means do them and remove previous edit stamps as you work.

It's all about the finished work and no-one will criticize a tidy post in the writing forums.

Thanks, all done.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

We have successfully pulled you on board Professor Rabbit. And seeker...I must say that I was stumped on my post lol. It took me a while to come up with something to explain your traversal to and from the 5th dimension. I think it adds up ok though.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

Alright guys, I know I've been absent but I'm going to have to politely ask people to stop using my character to do stuff -

If you read back a few posts - - Luder is in his quarters at the moment.

When did I come to the command center?

I'm sorry I haven't posted in quite a bit, but I have been busy in real life and will return shortly.

A good alternative would be to use the first officer, Commander Theresa Jackson in my stead. She's an NPC and you won't have multiple "mes" running around the ship.

Thanks.

See you all soon.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

My apologies Luder. Mods can delete my posts if necessary. I will rewrite them.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

No biggie - I don't have my knickers in a twist, but just prefer that you use Commander Jackson in my stead.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

I will remember that for future uses. Still adjusting to this collaborative writing thing. Not used to writing with other people just yet.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Are there any objections to adding a TIC (Transgenic intelligent Companion) to my character? It is loosely a cross between a squirrel monkey and A sugar Glider, mostly as a pet.

Anyone's thoughts?

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Good question. I am not sure what the rules are on NPC's. Although I have used Luder as an NPC, HAHAH. Sorry luder...wont happen again.

Don't think it would matter if you had a NPC pet, seeing as how we are allowed to command NPC characters on the penelope.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Go ahead, of course you are not on the Yydryl but the Penelope.
I really doubt there are any objections and I do not believe we have rules against NPC's we make them up all the time.

Welcome Prof Rabbit!

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Hey CindyMars

I'm off going to look for you - you want to find me so you can post?

I though Studious had one ready to put up...but...?

Also, I sent a U2U to Deson also - anyone seen him around? I hope he didn't' have a relapse...

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It seems there are no further alterations that need to be made to the big long post so I've posted the first part of it.

(Plus I got approval from Questioningall to use the shapeshifter, a character she introduced, in this way.)

I've held off from posting the second part of it to avoid having two of my posts right in a row in the Story thread. I'll wait for another post in between before I post the second half. (Don't worry the second "half" is smaller than the first.
)

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Working one up now.
Wait until I post just a filler.

Post up.

Now waiting.

[edit on 24-8-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Silo and Cindymars, I just put my post up.

Please let me know if I made an error describing the swamp. I should be able to fix it fairly easily.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerOfAUTMN

There are pictures its sort of modern and Hi-tech.
How are we supposed to respond to you?
I was going to tell Silo about whales so its sort of cool you are there but
you have to say something for me or Silo to respond to.
Other than BOO! LOL

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerOfAUTMN

WOW!
What a cool post

Only one small problem.
The Swamp (the name for the bar) is covered in a carpet like material that at times, but not always, is alive - well I mean it’s always an alive carpet but Carpet is not always hanging out. He is not always in every place at all times. He’s the Milli-Being that’s an NPC on the Yydryl.

I mean it’s cool to have the bar’s floor be dirt, but we’ve just referred to it being Carpet (when he’s there) or carpeted since we started talking about the bar...(Swamp)... Sorry...

Doesn't mean you have to work with him, (Carpet) but his *fiber* is there regardless...

Beyond that - well - it’s an exciting addition - Welcome aboard!

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

CindyMars - that was a great one!
Grats you two - most fun I've had on here in ages.

Asher, can't wait to see what's next.

PS - Anyone seen Deson?

[edit on 24-8-2009 by silo13]

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by prof-rabbit
Are there any objections to adding a TIC (Transgenic intelligent Companion) to my character? It is loosely a cross between a squirrel monkey and A sugar Glider, mostly as a pet.

Anyone's thoughts?

The original engineer (I think) on the Penelope had a mechanical squirrel named "Lucille". I've not got a problem with it.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I hope it doesnt make a lick of difference. But my next post will be incongruent with my previous ones. Since I was mistakenly using luder as an npc...My next one will have Command Jackson as my commanding officer. Unless Luder gets a post up and returns to the bridge before I make the post.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Studious
It seems there are no further alterations that need to be made to the big long post so I've posted the first part of it.

(Plus I got approval from Questioningall to use the shapeshifter, a character she introduced, in this way.)

I've held off from posting the second part of it to avoid having two of my posts right in a row in the Story thread. I'll wait for another post in between before I post the second half. (Don't worry the second "half" is smaller than the first.
)

De ja vue' ! I have seen that conversation before... as O-B-1 said at the table, "Use the fork Luke!"

Seriously (tongue in cheek) - should we pinch bits from film?

new topics

top topics

<< 169  170  171    173  174  175 >>

join