It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 171
<< 168  169  170    172  173  174 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Toodles
Maybe I have a habit of remembering things selectively without my knowledge. I seem to be short alot of information yet I have read most of the opera...

What sort of info do you think you're short on? I get that feeling myself a lot, then find it's usually connected with a developing storyline....

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

not sure and thats why I make mistaken posts alot lol. Seems every other post, I have to edit cause i got the info wrong.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Just got my post up.

Left an opening for a conversation Toodles. Thought it would be interesting seeing as your character is a computer technician.

And Neno, good to see you! I was beginning to get worried that the assassin that I sent after you ages ago had finally got ya!

Of course, you probably got him first and his head is no doubt being Fed-Ex'ed directly to my desk right now...

Good to have you back.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Hi All -
Ok so I'm here, but just barely and I'm looking forward to sticking up my next post... Should be able to do it some time today....

On my old computer so it takes FOREVER to get on line, make posts, etc.

Also I have no access to all my past writing, pictures, nothing. It's all in the newer (dead) computer.

That means I've lost hundreds and hundreds of hours of writing, pictures, etc. Needless to say I'm more than upset.

So for now at least my finished posts are here on ATS and I can grab them from here, and finished product pictures - but that's no consolation at all. it's the other stuff that was vitally important to the Space Opera.

If any of you out there know tons about computers and want to help me out please give me a U2U - I have NO customer support or computer repair people in my area. I've head to learn to fix mine on my own and this one is beyond me (for now). I'd truly appreciate any help you might be able to give.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerOfAUTMN

That's what I call having friends in high places! Asher can find out nearly anything now, and appears to be a wee bit beyond the reach of the long arm of the tribunals...

Good work!

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Hi All -

If any of you out there know tons about computers and want to help me out please give me a U2U
Thanks

First as I now semi-retired tech I may be able to help, I will look up your U2U.

To: All Crews.

Having now read the entire story I can see I am needed on the Penelope, that being said I would rather be a non-biped, for that I have an answer later.

Meanwhile I see you are in need of a chief engineer on the Penelope, ergo I would like to "apply" for that position and create a lead-in for the character.

So if someone can get me up to speed on the methods you use to collaborate your posts I would be happy to sign on.

As a ps. I am not much at graphics, I would not mind if those who are more adept at such things filled in or suggested such additions.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by prof-rabbit

Well holy crap.

You're hired.

That being said, what we usually do is just feed off of each other's posts - I guess as the "Captain" I kind of drive the story for the Penelope and where we go, but Seeker, Neno and the others have been quite adept at making things completely interesting.

My personal email is james.c.gammage@us.army.mil if you want, email me and we can talk some more.

Welcome aboard!

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Freaky beans this!
I was just thinking while I was typing out some info for you - ‘Wouldn’t Prof-Rabbit be an amazing name to have on the Space Opera!”

Even if you’re going on the Penelope - I’m wicked psyched!

Welcome aboard.

When I get my new computer back to working I’d be more than wiling to give you a hand with any graphs you might like done.

(I wonder how long this will take to post, lol)...

[edit on 22-8-2009 by silo13]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
YAY a new chief engineer! Excellent post seeker. You gave me a good question too. Will have to think that one through before typing something up on the fly like I usually do.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Ok wtf. I posted a reply and the second part of it is in italics. I edited many times to correct it but it will not correct. Also, with earths survivors on board now, there is Prof Rabbits means to introduce himself to the captain. He could be a survivor

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Ok wtf. I posted a reply and the second part of it is in italics. I edited many times to correct it but it will not correct.

I clicked the quote button to see what the error was caused by and found an italics marker that is causing it...

[quote ][i ]Originally posted by SeekerOfAUTMN[ /i]
[ i ]

"I apologize for the momentary blackout earlier. I get the feeling that was my fault. I've gone over the mainframe a few moments ago and it seems as if all the systems are green.

Delete the underlined part and it should be fixed.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by Studious]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
OOOOO....yeah 6 hours of sleep over a 3 day period is starting to work against me. That was obvious...

Tried 3 times lol. Grr I give up. It is fine the way it is.

[edit on 22-8-2009 by Mr. Toodles]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Ok wtf. I posted a reply and the second part of it is in italics. I edited many times to correct it but it will not correct. Also, with earths survivors on board now, there is Prof Rabbits means to introduce himself to the captain. He could be a survivor

Yes, but rather than being picked up from Earth I have an idea for seeker and the Captain, vis. Being chief Engineer of the station and at my post during the attack I am in a section of wreckage, etc. ergo you will need to rescue the bit of junk I am floating in (main engineering console room).

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

There isn't any "end italics" tag at the end of the italics section. Seeker's quote was in italics, and the begin italics tag probably came from that quote, but the end italics tag for that section is just missing, so it produces italics all the way to the end of the post.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Fixed the italics.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Ok - I can't get my next post off my computer (the newly dead comp) so I stuck something up I penned out this morning - and I hope I didn't get anything wrong.
I don't have any notes to go by or back chapters.
I hope this newest post of mine frees up the story line.

PLEASE let me know ASAP if I can make any changes.

Thanks.

gracie

Also, thank you so much Neno and Prof-Rabbit for your help with my computer. It's still dead, but I'm not, and I don't intend to give up trying to fix it.

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Ok the post is up.

Please let me know what to do with it.

Again, I have none of my notes, pictures, or past story lines I’d written - and notes form you all - on how to proceed, etc.

I hope I don’t step on any toes and I succeeded in getting things so others could continue writing.

Something had to be added in in order to let Studious post and to open the door to fid CindyMars or even realize she’s back on Ship and dealing with the whales.

Please do not hesitate to let me know what I should change, especially you Deson.

I know you said to go ahead and use you as a NPS until you got back on your feet here - I just felt creepy doing it.

I just don’t want to see your character get left behind. It’s far too important to the Opera to let straggle.

Also, I’ll be off now to find Cindy, talk to Deez and hook up with Chumley in order to get us all together from there...

CindyMars - where will that happen? The bar as you’d suggested earlier?

Oh well that’s for another day.

Thanks for your patience all.

gracie

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Ok, first intro post going in, comments please!

Ps. sorry about the edits... formatting went wrong :<

[edit on 23-8-2009 by prof-rabbit]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

That's a fine entrance. Lots of visual stimulation re: zero gravity and how to compensate. The only thing which stands out negatively is the series of '^*$@&' in the post, but it certainly isn't censor circumvention because no-one could ever imagine what words were being suggested. Better to actually type in some actual cursing while avoiding the normal sexually explicit words.

On the multiple edits, I suggest deleting all of them and thus having only one left no matter how many times you do it. Looks better.

[edit on 23/8/09 by masqua]

posted on Aug, 23 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Thanks for that, well normally I don't curse, Australian curses are likely difficult to understand at the best of times but I'll see what I can come up with, (did not know I could edit out the "edits") Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 168  169  170    172  173  174 >>

join