It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 174
<< 171  172  173    175  176  177 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Asher, I hope you’re up for the challenge.

We couldn' tjust sit there.
I mean what did you expect us to do, just take your word for it when we hadn’t heard from Ship? When we were already under a threat, with a screwy Ensign in the brig, a prisoner U-Man who twitches, marauding U-Mans, and a Ship who’s on the blink? (Should I go on more)?

It will be fun to see how you get out of this one. I can’t help wonder if you’ll end up inside of Harvey?

It will also be horrid when we realize what a mistake we made and how we’ll have to make it up to you somehow!

Far be it for someone so new to the story but Asher's essence is embodied in the 5th dimension, the projector is just something to give an illusion of Asher, ergo Asher is hardly trapped in the Swamp.

Better to get Ship to disable all the holo projectors if you want to keep him at bay, so to speak.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by prof-rabbit

Yep, I agree.
We shall see.

I have an idea.
Silo a U2U is waiting let me know.

Seeker wait if you would.

Thanks!

[edit on 26-8-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
What is it Studious had in mind when he put himself in that position?

I wanted Studious to stay on the Yydryl and NI-7 to escape. But it wouldn't make sense for NI-7 to leave without him. And even if they escaped without him they would go back if they thought he was still alive.

So the only way I could have them leave and not try and come back was to have them think Studious was dead.

Originally posted by cindymars
Hmmm why should I save Studious. I don't think Cim is all that crazy about him after his last shenanigans.

Perhaps Ship could ask that Studious be saved, since he held off the shapeshifter while Delia escaped.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by Studious]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Studious

Well hopefully you aren't that injured.
Stand by for my next post ok?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Ok, you don't want to save him don't - not a problem I will.

My only point in going to Studious now is Studious has been waiting there dying for days.

And - one more time someone comes aboard Ship, integrates with her like she‘s a plug and play on a new computer, goes about doing their thing and we sit back and do squat.

I mean, how many times is the Yydryl going to have *things* come aboard, integrate with Ship, and we just go ahead and believe them and make happy and do smoochy face and buy them a beer?
In other words when is the crew going to grow up and start protecting Ship?

Anyway,,,, we can do that later, next time, as there will more than likely be a next time, it’s becoming a habit.

So, you don't want to save Studious leave me to it and you go back and talk to Asher - will that work for you?

Looking forward to how you figure it out. I hope I can stay on so I can see how tonight.

Hey, maybe you realize poor Harvey is back there alone, you go back for Harvey!

Have fun, I'll follow your lead.

*Off to read U2U's*

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Prof-Rabbit - there's no seniority here when it comes to helping out writers and the wonderful mad genius like you're giving us! (I really enjoy your posts)!

Thanks for the help, I've stated before I don't *get* the emotional thing.

And yeah, I didn't think he was *trapped* but that was kind of the plan too - I would never write another character (and writer) into a position where they were stuck.

*Hands Prof. Rabbit his favorite beverage and kicks back to watch Cim do her magic*...

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Hmmm... I don't think this is coming off as I intended. Maybe my last post will help, but let me explain.

Yydryl as a living being would have to think on a quantum level to process information as complex as wormhole manipulation or the running of an entire warship.

Therefore, it exists in a manner similar to Asher at this point.

Asher had no intention of conflict with Yydryl at all, something that Yydryl could easily pick up on, as there isn't much in the way of 'lies' in a solely mental place.

Yydryl allowed Asher to exist within for the time being partly because it was amused by the whole process (I would imagine its life can get quite boring, not much challenges Yydryl), and partly because it was lonely in a sense.

Not much can communicate with Yydryl on its own level.

Let me be clear, if ship was in any way opposed to Asher, he wouldn't be there. He's not interested in 'integrating' or 'invading' Yydryl. More like a friend coming over to visit.

Hope that cleared it up.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Oh geeze... Sorry about that Cim, didn't catch the part about you wanting me to wait for my post until after the fact.

My bad, didn't mean to step on any toes. Hopefully my post will make it easier for you, if not let me know and perhaps I can change it.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerOfAUTMN

Edit - I just read your post, lol.

I hope that makes CindyMars feel better, it's cute as hell.

Great post!

[edit on 26-8-2009 by silo13]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Ok you guys read mine and Seekers post and see if it makes any sense. If not, we change it.

Then can our character sit without (any curse word) action and communicate what has transpired.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Oh I caught that. It's role-playing after all. I just wanted to make sure the writers were aware of my intentions.

Hmmm. Got a slight problem Cim, about that last post.

Here's the deal: Asher is stuck in a single existence. The one where Earth is destroyed and Cim and Silo try to lock him in the Swamp. The quantum world he lives in is tied to a single universe.

Otherwise, he would exist multi-universally, and in the state that he's in now, that would literally make him a god. He would be omni-present and all-knowing throughout the multiverse's entire timeline.

That's why Asher is so interested in Cim's kind. They do what no other being can when they hop universes to effectively travel through time.

If you went back in time to redo a conversation with him, he literally wouldn't be there. The translation would have failed and Sorokov would have lost his son on the bridge of the Penelope.

Sorry to throw a wrench in it, but I didn't want to make a god out of my character. I just wanted something that could bridge the gap between writers on the opera.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I am very frustrated. Ok I am really not very happy, I am left with a crappy post,
I would not have reacted as I was written but this is my reaction to that. My post is not very nice. So I am going to get intoxicated in the bar and we will take it from there.

Having hissy fit all alone.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I think it all stems from the fact that I posted first. I didn't do anything wrong, I just simply didn't read the working thread before I started writing my post. That's the way I usually do it.

If it would cause less problems, I'll have Masqua delete my post and you can do yours just the way you want it Cim, just say the word.

Honestly though, if you're getting upset about the opera, you're taking it too seriously. It should be something you do because you enjoy it. If someone throws a wrench in my plans, as has happened before (ehm... Studious...
), I look at it as a literary challenge. I find some way to make it work so to speak.

But seriously, (I pun, har har) don't take this too seriously. It's just a game after all.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

Captain, I will need a message on the datapad I purloined explaining your lack of a chief engineer and being seconded to that position by default, and/or having either of the Captains come down to med-bay to explain the situation, meanwhile I can gather some scuttlebutt from the med-bay as to the fact the ship is without a chief engineer.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Prof-Rabbit - there's no seniority here when it comes to helping out writers and the wonderful mad genius like you're giving us! (I really enjoy your posts)!

Thanks for the help, I've stated before I don't *get* the emotional thing.

And yeah, I didn't think he was *trapped* but that was kind of the plan too - I would never write another character (and writer) into a position where they were stuck.

*Hands Prof. Rabbit his favorite beverage and kicks back to watch Cim do her magic*...

Thank you! I'm flattered, I hope I live up to the standard set here. I have written in such sagas before but it has been a while, way back when the "'Net" was still being woven.

If you are a reader of books you might like to read "Eastern Standard Tribe" by Cory Doctorow it's a free E-book and can be found here as a pdf
craphound.com...

or here in lots of different formats
craphound.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerOfAUTMN
I think it all stems from the fact that I posted first. I didn't do anything wrong, I just simply didn't read the working thread before I started writing my post. That's the way I usually do it.

If it would cause less problems, I'll have Masqua delete my post and you can do yours just the way you want it Cim, just say the word.

Honestly though, if you're getting upset about the opera, you're taking it too seriously. It should be something you do because you enjoy it. If someone throws a wrench in my plans, as has happened before (ehm... Studious...
), I look at it as a literary challenge. I find some way to make it work so to speak.

But seriously, (I pun, har har) don't take this too seriously. It's just a game after all.

Ignore me, I was just frustrated. I had spent time trying to fix it because I would not have reacted to a hologram like that.

Silo your my girl, you know that. My sister inlaw was threating to harm herself this morning and other real life stress, I just expressed it here.

However when we are all working together. we should communicate with the involved characters when we post. Read working thread and or U2U. Pretty please with sugar on top.

I do participate for fun but I also take it seriously and I am ok with that.

My bad for being cranky.
Please forgive and proceed.

Silo I have a special treat coming for you that doesn't involve our characters.
I think your gonna like it, I just have to work it out a bit more and depends on what is going on at work.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

If you would like, you could notionally have it already in the files or have it in passing conversation or something like that. It doesn't necessarily have to come from me - I;m sure there are quite a bit of people on the ship who have realized Slayer is gone forever.

If you want, go ahead and write it in as Luder already sent the pad down to you. Those types of actions are okay.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder

If you would like, you could notionally have it already in the files or have it in passing conversation or something like that. It doesn't necessarily have to come from me - I;m sure there are quite a bit of people on the ship who have realized Slayer is gone forever.

If you want, go ahead and write it in as Luder already sent the pad down to you. Those types of actions are okay.

Sounds good to me, if I make a "faux pas" let me know so I can edit to suit.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Hey no worries Cim. I know where you're coming from. My life's been a pain recently as well. Seems to be in style around here.

Nobody's got it as bad as poor Neno though...
Neno, I feel for ya bro. Wish there was something I could do to help man.

Always sucks to see a friend going through a rough spot and know there's nothing you can do. If something comes up that an anonymous internet friend can help out with, you guys can count me in.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I will be making a post shortly. My apologies for delays. Have gotten pretty involved in the Crypto Chronicles. Wanted to make sure my first few posts were awesome. Back to the opera now. I see a cataclysmic quantum failure in the making. Something to put our new engineer to work

new topics

top topics

<< 171  172  173    175  176  177 >>

join