It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two die in 'barbaric' Army attack

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Honestly?

I don't know.

They don't seem to be as organised now and civilian transport security seems to be improved (believe it or not, last time i hopped off a plane there were 3 gun and 2 drug dogs)

That and we can actually tell from the record that the dissidents aren't fully supported by their lack of real success, so access to resources appears to be restricted too.

Still, could they... yeah, I suppose so. It would be more luck than anything else though.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Coo
Lets hope these scumbags dont get away with these sickening terrorist murders ....

How many murders have the english commited in n ireland, even since so called peace. You ignorant statement really adds alot to the thread.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
the Real IRA have been very active lately in NI, to the extent that undercover forces personnel (SAS unit known as the DET I would imagine) have been sent in at the request of the police and security forces to provide intelligence.
They're calling it the Special Reconnaissance Regiment, but this is likely a front and SAS soldiers will be going undercover as they did in the 80's and 90's.

This presents a problem if they follow and engage suspects south of the border as they have done in the past.

This was announced on the news a few days ago, and it's likely that this attack is a reaction to that.

If the US wants to be taken seriously about "the war on terror" then they need to clamp down on fundraising within their own borders.

Kennedy could quite easily be arrested under existing legislation - either in the US or in the UK for supporting a terrorist organisation, but of course that's unlikely to happen.

There has been a low level intensity conflict ongoing against the RIRA for a number of years, with former PIRA members providing intel and conducting a kind of gang turf war in the north ever since the peace process came about.

Former PIRA members are said to be still heavily involved in the drugs trade in NI as a source of revenue - in other words they turned from supposedly idealogical "freedom fighters" into gangsters.

RIRA has as its goal the overthrow of peace in NI in order to continue what they see as a war against illegal occupation.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
The implications would be huge, the British government would have to know longer acknowledge the cease-fire with the Provisional IRA.

The english kill silently, and just becuase it is not on the news, does not mean they are not killing catholics all the time in the north.

You people have such a lack of knowledge of what england does to the irish, especially in northern ireland.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Lets hope these scumbags dont get away with these sickening terrorist murders ....

How many murders have the english commited in n ireland, even since so called peace. You ignorant statement really adds alot to the thread.

I'm sorry, English? Are you talking about the English occupacy of Ireland before the United Kingdom was formed? Or are you making the mistake calling all British people English?

Yet you call him ignorant

Also we're talking about the obvious sickeking crime this group done and they deserve everything coming to them.

[edit on 06/21/2008 by diamount]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

That's because it doesn't get reported in the UK MSM - many people in the UK are still ignorant of the cross border raids into the south that happened frequently in the 70's, 80,s and 90's.

The SAS offshoot known as the DET was mainly responsible for providing intel to other SAS units which then mounted cross border raids on another sovereign nation, namely the republic.

Widely reported in the Irish press, it was completely ignored by the MSM in te UK.

I have family and friends in the republic and family around the newry area so I'm really hoping this does not escalate.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamount

I'm sorry, English? Are you talking about the English occupacy of Ireland before the United Kingdom was formed? Or are you making the mistake calling all British people English?

Also we're talking about the obvious sickeking crime this group done and they deserve everything coming to them.

Oh yep the english are the innocent people here. The english have never stopped commiting murders in ireland since the cease fire, and any fool who thinks different, is not worth talking too.

Its amazing just because what the english do is not reported on, make them some knights in white armour. Ignorance is a dangerous weapon that is used, to protect the murderers, that run countries like uk and usa.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamount

Oh yep the english are the innocent people here. The english have never stopped commiting murders in ireland since the cease fire, and any fool who thinks different, is not worth talking too.

Its amazing just because what the english do is not reported on, make them some knights in white armour. Ignorance is a dangerous weapon that is used, to protect the murderers, that run countries like uk and usa.

Oh? and could you please give me some notable cases of this so called mass-murder the 'English' have commited to the Irish?

For example the Birmingham pub bombings where 21 died and 156 injured? or the repeated attempts to bomb the London underground?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Folks..

Please.

This isn't about who did what to whom.

Blaming each other for old or perceived wrongs is what these ass-hats want.

Thats the point.

The situation is the one we're dealing with NOW!

The English, British, Scots, Irish, Welsh or the little bloody green men did not pull the trigger.

BIGOTS DID.

To use that as an excuse to start screaming about injustice?

Well...

Thats how wars start.

And I'm sorry kiddies but I'm too old and Ive seen enough of that.
Don't fall into the same damn trap that has plagued us for so many years.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Hopefully the police and army will take the kid gloves off now and deal with this small faction of republican terrorist extremists so that the people of Northern Ireland on both sides can get on with their peaceful lives once again.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Actually, this website might be illuminating to you. It's widely believed to be pretty neutral regarding any view of Northern Ireland &c and I've seen it sourced by both people who self-identify as Irish and British in 'Northern Ireland' debates on various web sites.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
The implications would be huge, the British government would have to know longer acknowledge the cease-fire with the Provisional IRA.

The english kill silently, and just becuase it is not on the news, does not mean they are not killing catholics all the time in the north.

You people have such a lack of knowledge of what england does to the irish, especially in northern ireland.

The English kill silently? Don't you mean 'The British'? I'm not aware of any British Army involvement made-up of specifically English units. Similarly, as you point out yourself, we have a British government - hence ongoing calls for an English equivalent to Scottish and Welsh assemblies &c - so unless you believe army units made-up solely of Englishmen are working independently of a British government, then I don't understand where 'the English' actually come into it.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir

Actually, this website might be illuminating to you. It's widely believed to be pretty neutral regarding any view of Northern Ireland &c and I've seen it sourced by both people who self-identify as Irish and British in 'Northern Ireland' debates on various web sites.

Indeed and look who killed the most innocents and armed forces, suprise suprise.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
PLEASE guys lets not degenerate into another "The english are evil......no the irish are!" debate!!

Theres has been more than enough of this on ATS and its that exact mentality that, most likley, made these bigots start shooting in the first place.

Please leave sweeping statements like "The english" or the "the irish" alone, they are blinkered and insensitive. No one single race is ever collectivley responsible for these things, it is always those in the corridors of power.

We REALLY do not need this sh*t happening again. I think both countries had hoped that this madness was on the wane and this blast from the past is truely tragic.

I was scouring this on bbc news earlier but since got distracted. Can we be totally sure (as obvious as it may seem at first glance) that this is IRA related?

[edit on 8-3-2009 by TheSilentProtagonist]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Still suffering from that disorder of harassing me and always seeking to grab my attention?

Your role as the antagonist in this thread is becoming very repugnant by the minute. Please stop derailing.

Thank you

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Here we go again, more idiots thinking they can get their own way by murdering young soldiers.

What the hell is wrong with the world, how do people get to be this diseased.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The Real IRA have just claimed the attack.

A newspaper was contacted in Dublin;

The Sunday Tribune newspaper in Dublin has reportedly been given a recognised codeword during a phone call from the South Antrim Brigade of the Real IRA.

Skynews - "Real IRA claims attack"

One of the pizza men was only 19.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

The Sunday Tribune newspaper in Dublin has reportedly been given a recognised codeword during a phone call from the South Antrim Brigade of the Real IRA...

What exactly do they mean by a "recognised codeword"?

Surley if you were the perpatrator of an attack and trying to make a political statement, youd be direct about it right? not all cloak-and-dagger....

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSilentProtagonist

It's so MI5 does not monitor the call.

A method to masquerade the true content of the statement.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Well anyone could call up THE MEDIA and claim they were speaking on behalf of one of these groups , using a recognised codeword verifys that its one of these groups who are actually claiming responsibilty.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join