It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two die in 'barbaric' Army attack

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom
Just some kids playing around with guns. Nothing new.
Guns are cool.....

What with the huge leaps forward ATS is making, i am going to respectfully request that their tech guys begin working on a system where we can punch idiots like this via a simple click of a button.

Whilst i know it will never become reality, one can hope.

I second PaddyInf's last post.

Back on Topic, i hope this is not a fresh campaign of violence, i spent the last years of my service in XMG, so i know this is no laughing matter. In fact it makes me sick to the stomach even hearing it all again.

CX.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I just heard on polish radio that the state of that Pole wounded is critical.
and he was Catholic - so please do not mix the religion issues with that terror act.

I wish to British and Irish friends that it is not going to happen again.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Jeez, I just tried to make the point that it is better than shooting
up the schools! Isn't that the new fad kids do nowdays anyway?
The military could just nuke the pukes in the car if they wanted to.
I will try to contain my humor so your little feelings won't ever be
hurt anymore. Jeez. Ever hear of someone being sarcastic?
Get a grip...

P.S. Ya my condolences to the families, bet they thought nothing
would ever happen to their kids! They went in the military!!! Hello.

P.S.S. Play with guns, someone always gets hurt.

CX

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom

I will try to contain my humor so your little feelings won't ever be
hurt anymore. Jeez. Ever hear of someone being sarcastic?
Get a grip...

Your post was not sarcastic, or at least it didn't sound like it, hence the response. It sounded like you were making a joke out of something that is not funny to most here. (Tip, if you're goingto be sarky, mention that it was sarcasm otherwise sometimes it's hard to tell.)

None of us mind a joke on here, but don't expect to crack a funny during the discussion of two murdered soldiers and think that serving and ex-soldiers are not going to take offence.

Cheers.

CX.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Please people this thread is not about the use of guns. I have removed two posts already, and I see more.

The subject of this thread is Two die in 'barbaric' Army attack respond accordingly.

Thank you,
Sauron.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Oops, won't happen again. Condolences to all involved.
Peace.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Fox News

The gun ban applies to the mainland, Northern Ireland is apart of the United Kingdom not Great Britain.

Secondly, the gun's are supplied from American supporters.

Again, so much for the War on Terrorism

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

i wonder if NORAID has shifted its `payment plan` and now funds `yet another wing of the IRA` instead.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Indeed a tragic outcome, but if those two 20 year olds had died in battle on Afghanistan soil it would not have made the news. On that note, those two unfortunate soldiers were to be deployed in two weeks to Afghanistan.
Oh well we can always blame the Irish or the IRA. Oh, wait on, was is not the Parachute Regiment that opened fire on hundreds of unarmed civilian protesters in Northern Ireland in 1970, oh yeah we can always blame the IRA again. It does seem to work.

Oh the mechanisms of fear are well at work as it was already posted that U.K. soldiers are to be on alert in the U.K. for unforeseen explosions of violence.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

You want the sickest part? We have bars and restaurants in my area that will donate portions of their proceeds to the IRA and other Republican "Freedom Fighter" groups as they like to refer to them, I am not sure if they still do but it was no secret back in the pre Good Friday Agreement era. Im actually suprised that the FBI and your country's Special Branch never showed up for a visit.

I went to school with kids who were taught to beleive that the IRA were freedom fighters yet these same people are infuriated with Al Qaeda and the Black Panthers ... talk about hypocrites, a terrorist is a terrorist regardless of their ideology.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by ChrisF231]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by Fox News

The gun ban applies to the mainland, Northern Ireland is apart of the United Kingdom not Great Britain.

Secondly, the gun's are supplied from American supporters.

Again, so much for the War on Terrorism

Yes that, to me, was one of the most interesting and ironic things about September 11th. When terrorism (by anyone's hand) happens on your doorstep it's terrible, terrible thing. Yet it's so easy to romanticise and even support terrorism when it's not happening on your doorstep. I wonder how many people in Boston, New York &c would have donated to or supported terrorism if there was a chance they'd be caught up in a bomb themselves?

Plenty of people with Irish ancestry in Manchester (where I live and was caught up in the bombing in 1996) - and was long before the mass immigrations to America, something like 40,000 even before the Famine. Yet, I've come across many 'cardiac-celts' in America who had no problem with Manchester (or other English cities) getting flattened.

It's funny how bombs and bullets aren't able to discern between accents and religions.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaddyInfIt may be argued that the British don't have the best response to troubles in my country, but that's another debate.

I'm one of the "British", like the majority of the people in NI, if these republicans want "BRITS OUT", they will have to try and force me and my family out- good luck with that

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Theres something about this whole thing that at first seems very opportunistic and unplanned.

But swooping in from behind a pizza delivery van at just the right moment when the gates are opened.
How did they know that it wasnt going to be a the cleaner or the plumber who was going to emerge, instead of a group of Sappers?

I mean surley they wouldnt be lurking in a car outside the barracks in full view of security until "the right moment", (if that ever came)?

What would they have done if there had been no pizza delivery?

Maybe, their plan was instead to sit tight and wait a few more hours until 1am, when the whole regiment was due to leave the base to deploy to Helmand? And when the gates opened for the pizza delivery van, they just took their chances then?
Either way, it dosnt really bare thinking about...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
UDA and UVF are considering retaliation attacks in West Belfast.

Oh dear. Let's hope things do not escalate.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Well, anyone's position on such an old conflict has been around as long as the conflict itself.

In fact, that's one of the reasons why the decades-long Troubles came to an end two years ago with shared government.

War is exhausting. A war where people are kidnapped - often young people - and taken to some dirt road out the back of nowhere to be shot while they sh#t their pants, then two days later the other side does it to one of their people...
On and on, for years and years.

What's the incentive to end it? And then they heroize the perpetrators to the next generation.

The Republic of Ireland HAS stepped up it's arresting of dissadents and militants.

The British Forces HAVE exercised excellent discipline and discernment.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by undermind]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

I concur that people should try and pay close attention to the original post and if included, they should follow any related links included. That said, the thing about this tragedy that should offend everyone is the blatant media misrepresentation of the story by putting a misleading title at the top.

After reading the article, the headline should not have read:
Two die in 'barbaric' Army attack

The headline should have stated:
Two die in 'barbaric' attack against army personnel

My prayers are with the victims and the families of this horrendous crime.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamount
Oh? and could you please give me some notable cases of this so called mass-murder the 'English' have commited to the Irish?

There is the case of the 2 million killed because they wouldn't convert from Catholicism, the other 1.5 million who starved in a famine while Ireland was being stripped of food at gunpoint, both bloody sunday's etc.

You were right in your first post.. the Real IRA are scum.. they do not really want a united Ireland.. they probably used this as a smoke and mirrors operation for a big drug deal. I hope they are caught and dealt with properly.

Also, the Real IRA are not the IRA. The ceasefire should not be broken by the British because of this tiny group of blood thirsty gangsters

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
My initial reaction to this was utter shock....this attack came totally out of left field for me. I am from NI and most everyone I know, from both sides of the old divide were loving the new peaceful NI.
I know not one sensible person from NI or the South wants to return to the dark days of the Troubles.

No matter who is right or wrong in the overall "war" is not the issue.

I find it disturbing that this group of alleged dissident Republicans managed to pull this operation off. I find it incredible that they could think that any member of the general public in NI would support such an act after so many blissful years of peace.

How indeed did these terrorists know that the guys would be ordering pizza at that time? Was the base under constant surveillance both visually and electronically?
How did they know that the soldiers would come out of the base to get the pizza?
How did they know that they would not be challenged by more soldiers inside the base?
Were there any soldiers inside the base on patrol or alert before the attack?
Was this base not a HQ of some kind?
Why did the other soldiers inside the base take so long to react? The shooting went on for approx 10minutse, all the while the terrorists went unchallenged?
This operation stinks......I smell involvement of external forces here.

Then again this might just have been some mindless thugs with some patchy intel on a low-security base, and thought they would stir things up.

We do not want a return to the violence that marred Ni for so long.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

and you also seem to neglect to mention the rioting of said catholics in both derry and belfast and how even after bloody sunday , the para`s had to defend the very same cathloics from protestant attacks only a few weeks later.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join