It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG! Lock Bumping and Bump Keys (URGENT)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

The fight for the unbreakable lock spans thousands of years. With every new design, and with every new technique. There is always something new and better on both sides of the fight. I saw a documentary on this very struggle some ten years ago. They can alter the design, and in a few years, maybe less, someone will come along with a new technique to break it.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
Didn't almost all of us learn at a very early age that the only purpose for a lock is to keep honest people honest? The only real way to keep your home secure is to have someone inside of it at all times carrying a firearm and ready, willing, and able to free any would be theives from the burden of being alive in a world where they feel entitled to steal from others.

Totally agree dude, would highly recommend the AA.12, interesting to note this baby is ideal for "Urban Clearence"!!!!!!!! Your government loves you so much.
Good old Blackwater eh

[edit on 17-2-2009 by moocowman]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Once I lost the key to an outside security gate of mine, instead of cutting and replacing the lock I used one of these guys for a while

It worked quite well.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Thank You for the acknowledgment of my AV,(for 18 months or so)

To address peoples concerns re: locks, I am a licensed building contractor in the state of Florida for 12 years and have been in construction for 26.
I built into my house several anti burglar features that I, being a member of a conspiracy site, will not divulge all of. Paranoia strikes again.
I will say that lock bumping is tedious and more or less a red herring security problem. As a home builder, I am not going to bore you with the educational requirements of me keeeping my license active, but continuing education is demanded. The seminars are informative, the State lets you decide which are pertinent to your business and you take the ones that you believe will make youu a better builder.Long story short, I got the creds.Number one, do not have sliding glass doors, I can teach any one to by-pass any brand within 10 minutes, 2,normal looking locks with heavy duty springs will deter most "lock bumpers" 3, make sure you have a double cylinder dead bolt if there is glass within 3 feet of your lock, believe it or not, thieves are loathe to break windows, but not side lites. 4, if you have a sheetrock wall separating your living space from your garage, they have 1" total of ,or in some municipalities 1 1/4 " of drywall to go through(easily done with a fist) to be able to reach in and unlock your door.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Yep i know the history and i think the current climate of full disclosure has only benefited the manufacturers. Their product is better and better and they try harder because they just know someone in the community will try their hardest to break it

If you can remember the name of that documentary i'd be interested, cheers.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

That is one hell of a gun....Dear lord and I want a pump 12 gauge with a pistol grip...I like those little mini-grenades...Talk about a game equalizer.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
this has been around for years... you're no worse off for safety then you were yesterday

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I had to replace my dead bolts with bumper proof deadbolts. Caught a "friend" on hidden camera using one to open my back door. I had wierd stuff happening inside my house, but no sign of forced entry. Really spooky there for awhile. Yes anyone with a hammer can get in fast too. At least I will know.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Great Post. S+F

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
dude wake up man... this is been around for at least 10years.

nothing new to me
and you wanna know something else MEDECO locks can be bumped very easily too... my recommendation get a ABLOY lock! One guy on the earth succeeded at picking (bumping) and it took him 36 hours! oh btw Abloy's lock usually go for 89$CDN (or 70-75$USD)

come on guys, star n flags for the one who gives you the real solution!

- Abloys lock

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
this isn't really a new thing at all, good post though to remind people. if you go to the hardware store and buy all the different key blanks you pretty much have a neighborhood of locks covered. its super easy to make a bump key and takes 2 min to master, we used to do this when we got locked out of the dorms. from the many times ive done this id say about 50% can be bumped, at least thats what it seemed like i ran into anyways. you can also use a bic pen to unlock some bike locks, and a whack and old combo master lock with a shoe and it will pop open. just get an alarm, or you could always booby trap your house like that movie Home Alone

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Well it may may be old news, but the first I have heard of it. Thank you for posting it.

Ama

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Put the locks in upside down it makes it really hard for this to work. Had a not so savory teen here who knows how to do it try and get them open. He failed.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Bet them lock pickers wont pick the locks on my home...beings they are charged with 50Kv remotely controlled with a hidden IR detector and a custom made IR remote.

When I leave the house, lock the door, 10 seconds later its armed. The IR detector waits for a code I punch in on the remote, disarms the HV, indicated by a green LED, unlock the door and all is well.

BTW...the window frames are also charged with 50Kv.

Think of it as a home built taser-phaser-criminal-degrader.

So far...it has not logged any attempts of a break in. Perhaps the warning signs might have something to do with that too..as well as the redundant power source not connected to the house power.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

May want to be careful with that. It will likely be viewed the same as having a shotgun trap aimed at the door which is illegal in most states. If someone touches the knob, gets shocked, and dies you could be looking at jail time or a wrongful death suit.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

I would really hate to live in that much fear....

Being a plumber, I do alot of work in peoples house that are the same way.

If I have to go to my truck to get a part or a tool, a trip that might take 30 secs or so, these home owners will actually lock and dead bolt the door behind me.

This is quite common.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I actually used to have one of those keys. I never used it and it was made for me by a friend. I dont know why or how he learned to make it but he knew how and I asked him to make me one just incase I lock my self out of my apartment. Luckily that never happened.

I may have it around somewhere in some drawer but who knows. I did try it out and it worked, but I never needed it.

If a bump key were in the wrong hands it could absolotuly and easily privide access to a strangers house. Things like a bump key could allow things such as robberies, kidnappings and other crimes to take place if this key were in the wrong house.

The bump key if I recall was created by a locksmith years ago who figured that with a key like that and a few bumps it will move the tumblers into the correct place wich allows you to unlock the door.

That said, I wonder if they make something like this for a car. I never tried mine on my car...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Then again, it's considered perfectly legal to have an electric fence put up. I'm curious what the law would be on that?

I'm sure it would depend on how you had the system rigged. If you had to shove a pick in the lock to set the stunner off, I don't think they could say much. If it was rigged to blast anyone that wiggled the knob, you'd probably have issues.

But that's just a guess, I'm not a lawyer.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
reply to post by RFBurns

May want to be careful with that. It will likely be viewed the same as having a shotgun trap aimed at the door which is illegal in most states. If someone touches the knob, gets shocked, and dies you could be looking at jail time or a wrongful death suit.

Its not illegal here.

The warning signs make it 100 percent legal and is no different from posting a warning sign that a guard dog is present, which could also cause death to an intruder if the dog is capable of doing that.

The voltage and current is comparable to typical tasers. It will just stun the hell out of any knee jerk who tries to break in, unlike a taser that shoots probes into your body, this setup will just send out a small charge when the intruder comes within 1 inch of the metal, enough to make them yank back and then think twice.

To the other post about living in fear. Its not living in fear, the system is never armed when Im at home. What is living in fear is people who sleep with a loaded gun under their pillow or sitting on the end table next to their head.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I havent read the entire thread, but I'm sure others have pointed out that its far from all locks you can do this to. Any lock you get here in denmark is secured from that as this has public knowledged for awhile here at least.
/edit: This is around this point it became public knowledged that it was this easy to bump a lock: (pretty crappy translate, but I think you will understand it)
Old lock invite thief

But if a thief wants to get in he will. There is always a way.
No amount of guns or warnings and other means will scare away the desperate thief / junkie.

Best option imho is to get and alarm and a couple of small hidden secrurity cams so that the police have a change of making a quick identifying of the thief if you should get so unlucky and get a unwelcoming guest at home.
Other then that.
Get two locks on your front door. Where one of the locks is with keys on both sides so that if breaks a window in the door he can't reach in and open the door to easy as one of the locks require a key on the inside.
Get window locks. For same reason as above. If he breaks the window he can't reach in and open it.
Replace your lock at least each 10 year.

In any case. If you have a old lock consinder getting a knew one.
ruko.com makes locks that can't be bumped now for one if you are looking for a new lock.

[edit on 17-2-2009 by cadric]

[edit on 17-2-2009 by cadric]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join