It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG! Lock Bumping and Bump Keys (URGENT)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

OMG! Lock Bumping and Bump Keys (URGENT)

www.youtube.com

Extremely important information. I won't usually ask for flags, but this is one I don't think anyone can argue needs mega flags.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Woah. What is there to say here other than beware and do something about this before it's too late!!!!!

And it gets worse folks. Copy and paste this phrase into the ATS search engine and watch what comes up in the google ad bar to the right:

Lock Bumping and Bump Keys

I will add to this shortly with more info.

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on Tue Feb 17th 2009 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The strangest thing is that people think a deadbolt will stop an intruder. All an intruder needs is a sledgehammer. Even houses with security doors and windows have walls that will come down in seconds. This false sense of security I attribute to the fact that most thieves are too lazy to pick up a sledghammer.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Get yourself a few of those poles that jam under the door knob. And keep a few dogs to scare off intruders.

Crooks always find someway to do their dirty work, but the pole and the dogs might help.

+27 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Didn't almost all of us learn at a very early age that the only purpose for a lock is to keep honest people honest? The only real way to keep your home secure is to have someone inside of it at all times carrying a firearm and ready, willing, and able to free any would be theives from the burden of being alive in a world where they feel entitled to steal from others.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Ya know, there were probably many many theives an aspiring theives that had no idea aobt this until the news showed them this. makes me glad i live in a concrete house. If you happen to get into my house you better hope i get you before my dogs do. Pit bull/german shepherd and german shepherd, the are mean as can be when someone gets near the house that they don't know. One time they had a friend of mine in a corner cause he came in the house fast and aggressive cause we were horsing around outside.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Of course standard pin locks aren't secure. They only give the illusion of actual security, and make it so that it takes an intentional act to bypass them - a very important feature!

If you're scared by bump keys, do a google search for "lock pick guns". Even faster!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Considering this video has been on YouTube for over 2 years and viewed over 7 million times, I think everyone has now learned how to do this.

There are locks out there that is process does not work on though.

Link

Most lock manufacturers have already dealt with the rush of media attention on this as well.

I don't worry about this though, we don't use locks in Canada. (joke) (shhh but true)

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
this doesnt apply for 90% of homes at all.. those are american locks, and their problem. in other countries those locks arent used, as they arent deemed safe enough.

Heard this on the news last year.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I will s and f this but I do find it kinda funny.
I have been saying for years that if somebody wants to get in then they will.A little piece of metal is only there for your mind to think you are safe.
I know about lock bumping as I have had to do it in my line of work...no I am not a crook,I run buildings and have been in a pinch a few times.
Do I ever tell people their locks are garbage???No because most are unless you want to spend a few hundred and get a medeco or a multilock.
Your lock is only a psychological tool to make you think you are safe.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Well glad you heard about it, but I have never even heard anyone mention it. A search on ATS turned up nothing other than the ads in google bar to learn how to make a fricken bump key!

I am searching out the best, most cost effective solutions. Give me a while, and I'll have some answers. Or please post if you already know the most cost effective solution. This scares the crap out of me.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

I've tried to get those and unless you are a locksmith then they won't sell them to you.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Have a locksmith put a high low tumbler pins combination in your door locks will in most cases stop lock bumping plus it makes it very hard to pick with lock-picks or a snapper.

If you don't have a dead bolt almost anyone can get in by spreading the door frame.

Bump keys are a old trick that lock smiths have used for years that the criminals have finely found out about.

By the way if a non-locksmith is found with a bump key they are classed as burglary tools.
so they will get a extra charge thrown at them "possession of burglary tools"

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Try a Medeco lock or a multilock.
The pins are angled to the right and left and not straight up and down like most.
These have to be drilled out and cannot be picked.
I will also add that drilling them out can take a while.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
A search on ATS turned up nothing other than the ads in google bar to learn how to make a fricken bump key!

And links in the above clip that do the same! (scroll through related clips at end).

I would also disagree with the member who said this doesn't apply to 90% of homes.

These are standard type locks in many european, if not world countries.

In France they are similar but utilise a double-turn system (720°)....a burglar would just double-bump instead.

I knew about other ways to pick locks but not this one...cheers for the heads-up, but if someone wants to get in, they will find a way regardless of security.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Hi all..

I think its also important to point out that windows are made from glass, if someone wants access that badly they can just smash a window, no need to bump or pick the lock and it still applies no matter how much money you spend on your locks.

Yet again, another illusion of security

[edit on 17/2/2009 by chroot]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I hadn't heard about this either, but it doesn't surprise me really. I generally don't lock my doors at all unless my husband is out of town. We have two guns and a dog if anyone decides to break in, and I'd rather not have to replace the glass on my doors. Locks won't do much to deter anyone when you have windows in your doors, no matter what kind of lock you use.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
Of course standard pin locks aren't secure. They only give the illusion of actual security, and make it so that it takes an intentional act to bypass them - a very important feature!

If you're scared by bump keys, do a google search for "lock pick guns". Even faster!

Those pick guns are frickin' awesome, I'm getting one!!!

www.lockpicktools.com...

[edit on 17/2/2009 by spitefulgod]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Well if they didnt know they will find out if they came into my house they will die from lead poisining!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join