It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If it wasn’t for Jesus, you would cease to exist! Really…

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Jesus may have existed but was no way of being the son of your God..mainly because the Christian God is merely a mythical belief.

As well any other organized God.

[edit on 17-2-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Nah, some are really arguing that Christians stole the sympol of the cross..so what? It's about the man, his message,

If that's the case, why introduce the cross to begin with ? I's either relevant or not please don't cherry pick.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Hey there OT - I think you are a bit blinded by your desire for your BELIEFS to be QUANTIFIABLE and REAL.

I understand the scary nature of self awareness and the hesitation you must have in turning off the intellectual side of yourself in order to overcome the basic fears that are part and parcel of the human condition.

How exactly do you reconcile JESUS' OWN WORDS to his disciples who were clearly standing right in front of him, when he spoke of his return? He spoke CLEARLY and PLAINLY that HE WOULD BE BACK DURING THEIR LIFETIMES.
No wiggle room here. No spin doctoring allowed. They are Jesus' own words. You can't have it both ways. Either the return happened already and you missed it, or JESUS LIED...

Amen, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation. Matthew 23:36

"Immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming upon the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he will send out his angels with a trumpet blast, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other. "Learn a lesson from the fig tree. When its branch becomes tender and sprouts leaves, you know that summer is near. In the same way, when you see all these things, know that he is near, at the gates. Amen, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. Matthew 24:29-35

Amen, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see that the kingdom of God has come in power." Mark 9:1

Truly I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God." Luke 9:27

There will be signs in the sun, the moon, and the stars, and on earth nations will be in dismay, perplexed by the roaring of the sea and the waves. People will die of fright in anticipation of what is coming upon the world, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. And then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. But when these signs begin to happen, stand erect and raise your heads because your redemption is at hand." He taught them a lesson. "Consider the fig tree and all the other trees. When their buds burst open, you see for yourselves and know that summer is now near; in the same way, when you see these things happening, know that the kingdom of God is near. Amen, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. Luke 21:25-33

There is no other way to take it. Either Jesus lied or the Bible is not the inerrant word of God.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Jesus was killed on a roman cross.
That's why it's still relevant.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by rdintx

The Kingdom DID come in power at Pentecost!
The Tribulation or Time of Jacob's troubles is at the End times.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
So you're saying Jesus already returned?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Morning Revival

According to the bible, 7 things will happen during Tribulation. 1 of the 7 things is; "There shall be peace in Isreal." Thats a lie, so I just disproved Christianity, and in effect, Jesus Christ.

Has there been peace in Israel in the last century? The Christians are still waiting for something that has been going on for more than a century!!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

If that's the case, why introduce the cross to begin with ? I's either relevant or not please don't cherry pick.

It is relevant. But it discounts their whole belief system. So hence, the wearing of blinders, or the making of excuses to justify something so pagan. Reality is a b..ch.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad

That is pretty cool!! I am going to have to look up that protein online too. I felt something come over when viewing that video too.

Yes i also felt something come over me when i watched that video. First it was "I can't believe this rubbish", second it was disbelief that anyone would believe that this proves Jesus. Finally i felt a nice wave of laughter.

Oh but no, no religious feelings came over me. Oh well.

EDIT

Do you know what i find most interesting about this video? The pacing of the mans speech slowly building to a crescendo, the music being paced along with that, the volume increasing when he reaches a conclusion. The emphasis placed on the "trigger" words designed to influence people. Words likes "hold" when used with god. It was like watching any politician trying to make you believe what they say.

[edit on 17-2-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by noobfun

not brought our A-game?

When I wrote this I was in a hurry and thought..."boy this is not true of noob," but I thought I'd get back with ya...

You always bring that A Game Thang...

Smokes and coffee, huh?

OT

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
***snip***
Do you know what i find most interesting about this video? The pacing of the mans speech slowly building to a crescendo, the music being paced along with that, the volume increasing when he reaches a conclusion. The emphasis placed on the "trigger" words designed to influence people. Words likes "hold" when used with god. It was like watching any politician trying to make you believe what they say.

Totally agree on that one.

Absolutely beautiful performance. Nothing more though. Performance.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaNutter

No dancing...we disagree...simple as that...

You think the prior use of a sympol nulifies the video...I think an eternal being, pre-existent, who solidifies a sympol..after coming "in Time" is a pretty neat thing...again think about my Chrysler example...

My whole life/faith/worldview is not hinged on this video...just trying to spark some health discussion on FAITH and I thought the Louie vid would do it...

OT

PS: You mentioned some other items you would like to debate...fire away...I'm at lunch and I'll have to get back later...for the detailed responses>

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by HolgerTheDane

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
***snip***

Totally agree on that one.

Absolutely beautiful performance. Nothing more though. Performance.

????????

So good oration means bad message/manipulation...

So good delivery is of the devil...

MLK?
JFK?

hmm???

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixProphet

OT!!!

You were using the cross in your argument, hence, the exposure of it!

To get to the actual truth of things, one must first explore what may NOT be truth.

You SEEM to be on more of a crusade lately? I wish you the best.

Nah, its just me, some ole' big teddy bear...

Just "pumpin' the prime" to catch some interest last night...

I'm settled down now....

You doing OK?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
hey OP good for you. to everyone his own. but dont you lack a little of the humbleness your messiah speaks of? by going out and putting this in peoples face you in actuality create stronger non believers out of the non believers and the believers just have more evidence for something they already believe in. so in reality you are causing more separation, a thicker line between the two.

i of course am a non "believer" but i believe in the right to have my own beliefs. of course most people will look at your actions and not your intentions. but dont post your beliefs up in peoples faces with a thread name like "if it wasnt for jesus you would cease to exist."

man that just aint humble. thats separation not unity.

but good for your beliefs, as long as it doesnt impose on others or breed fear or separation, now thats righteous

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Hi just watched the video. I am a Christian myself but have to admit I did not find the video all that interesting. So laminin makes the shape of a cross what exactly is the point being made here. (not trying to disrespect you or anything)

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by just_another_yourself

ya know what? No one posted anything "In your face." If you don't like the thread title i've got a brilliant idea.... Don't click on it! Wow I know its a groundbreaking idea. The Old Thinker seems like a very humble guy

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Wishful thinking. Life existed on this planet long before Jesus ever did. We have the laws of physics, chemistry and biology to thank for our existence.

Isn't it also interesting to note that the ancient Hebrew word for cross is Tslav. This is a linguistic homonym for the Latin word "esclavo", meaning slave. To me, the cross has always been a symbol of slavery and mind-manipulation. I stopped wearing mine a long time ago at the time I started questioning my religious beliefs.

[edit on 17-2-2009 by GeeGee]

link   
For goodness sake, why do you even print this nonsense? There is no god, no satan, no angels and no fairies at the bottom of my garden. Get real, please.

link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
????????

So good oration means bad message/manipulation...

So good delivery is of the devil...

MLK?
JFK?

hmm???

Good oration doesn't require music mixed in timed to the tempo of the voice pretty nicely. It does however include all the other elements yes. That's not to say the message is bad, but it is a form of manipulation which as i stated in my post politicians use quite often.

My point is why would the religious have to use it? If god is powerful and all that then converts should come easily and willingly and furthermore this man pretends to show scientific proof of god. That shouldn't require oration, it should require a rather dryly written science paper.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join