It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If it wasn’t for Jesus, you would cease to exist! Really…

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

bAAAAAAAAAd I say!!!!

Down 'noob'

OT

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

Jesus talking to the Father?

Think about omni-present....if you are EVERYWHERE...why couldn't you be SOMEWHERE as a Human...and yet everywhere as a diety?

Man, I know..complicated....

OT

Start thinkin with the higher vertical head, ok?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder
Can't watch the video since I'm at work, but I'd figure, becuase of the way the molecule is designed, in a floating scenario, the outstretched 'arms' would pivot the molecule downwards, thus making it an inverted cross.

You know what that means, right?

POWERED BY: SATAN!

Very funny...in the SHORT-TERM...

Maybe not in the LONG-TERM?

OT

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

me personally, i just pic up a little from everything. i try not to judge anyones belief lest i overlook something that i may find of benefit to myself and ultimately humanity. so...no label.

to say there is one right way is to say there are a million wrong ways. no god would know that 95% of his creation is going to spend eternity in damnation. if so, then brother, that is a god i wouldnt mind spending eternity away from. god is love, not fear. with psychology we can see what fear breeds. and this is why i dont believe in religion. it has a MAAAAJOR fear factor.

its all about being a good person. it was well portrayed in "Kingdom Of Heaven". when he said its not what you believe in or wear on your neck, its what you hold in your heart and mind. this is using our god-given free will for the right reasons. to create unity. religion is separation. and we know what feelings come along with that. jealousy, envy, hate, paranoia.

yep its all so simple when you look at it open minded. yet, the close-minded believes he IS open minded.

theres nothing wrong with christianity or any other religion, they all are "right". but right and wrong are relative. there IS a UNIVERSAL truth. which means it applies in ALL beliefs and situations

Love, TOTAL acceptance, knowledge and unity. ...and im sure theres some others haha

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

Dude, hows the remodeling going?

You have been busy for sure...

What the latest? How was Christmas....New Years...etc...family?

OT

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by just_another_yourself

just_another_yourself,

All you have said is good, rather intuative for me...I struggle with the reconciliation with the Hard Sayings of Jesus though...I dunno?

Did you read my post on the four spiritual laws/points/etc...thoughts?

OT glad you have joined the thread...this is fun huh?

OT

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
All, OT's going to dinner...

I'll check back later tonight...

Here's some more info/links to marinate on...

until I get back...

Another pic that he uses is the picture of the middle of the Whirlpool galaxy that is 31 million light years away. This image was captured by the Hubble telescope. God’s glory imprinted in the cosmos!

link.... ronsworld.wordpress.com...

image...here...

Thx,

OT

We just can't get away........ from HIM....

"Where can I run from your presence"....OT says NO-WHERE>>>>see...

Psalm 139:7-12"Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I run from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths,
you are there.

If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.

If I say, 'Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,'even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you."

= = = = =

He is EVERYWHERE...guess that's what OMNI-PRESENT means, I dunno??

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Jesus wasnt crucified on a Cross. But good trying. It was a straight stake in the ground that he was crucified on.

www.albatrus.org...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tgreen2103

Jesus wasnt crucified on a Cross. But good trying. It was a straight stake in the ground that he was crucified on.

www.albatrus.org...

ok, do you have a relevant point?

You watch video?

You have an opinion on faith?

Or are you a drive-bye-lurker????

OT

A-Game bro....notice noobfun 's profile...that 'A GAME' personified.....

also 'check out 'nj2day' posts....they 'bring it'.....

at this point your are a teenager with TOOOOOOOOO MUCH time on your hand....

MORE???????????

See you after STEAK tonite....

OT

God Bless you...for joining the BIG LEAGUES!!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

no sir i cant say i did. if you could tell me what page. ya know this is the first thread ive actually stayed at and had a discussion. everything else is arguing and ridiculing. its a breath of fresh air to see intelligent discussion.

what do you mean by you struggle with the reconciliation? like to win people over using his words? if thats what u meant then thats where knowledge comes in. if not, i just wasted a few sentences haha.

though i am not christian i very much believe jesus was a very important soul. much like ghandi n buddha. they played important roles. people in this world need leaders. why do you think our govt is what it is. so you can only assume people would turn jesus into a leader despite his disagreeing with it. because apparently he didnt want to be a leader, right?

he is a great guy, but to say "dont question your faith. everything i point to is the devil" is occultic to me. why would studying other religions and quesitoning a certain scripture be such a bad thing? if the religion was so secure within itself then it would allow you to question ALL!! that way you are believing something because you came to the conclusion YOURSELF! so there is no more room for doubt! its like the insecure significant other tieing down their partner for fear that if the partner gets out of the world he created in this box, she will see it for what it was.

i know its all in the eye of the perceiver but how DARE someone call me the devil when i try to keep my intentions so pure. they say "no he is making you think, making you question and doubt, he has the devil in him". oooh so quick to judge and label. so you can identify me as bad. when all i say is be a free thinker.

remember this if nothing else friend. the creator is WITHIN. to say god is not inside of you is to say you are void of god. and nothing, not a thing in existence is void of god. because then it would cease to exist. not in a cloud, not in heaven. he gave US free will. to create unity, or separation. love, or fear. the ability to create with the power of the mind. just watch videos on quantum physics and the power of the mind

sorry if anything i say is offensive. dont let it be. its not dogma, just my opinion so dont see it as imposing please

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
When you all realize that the book of bible was written as religion supplement and all the characters are fictional. You can not have a body of something fictional. Purpose of any religion is to control masses by a few by scare them to submition. Read about the religions at www.liesnomore.net.... It my open your eyes. Do not be a "puppet" any more and take control of your life.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I watched the video. I am a very spiratual person, but having said that I do not believe Jesus was the son of God. I believe that he was spiratually ahead of his time. My issue with it is, how does a cross in our body that holds us together, in any way WHAT SO EVER, prove your statement that "If it wasnt for Jesus, you would cease to exist?" The cross is irrelivent. So if he wasnt crucified on a cross then what does a cross in our body, LAMININ, have to do with Jesus Christ? I will be looking forward to your answer.

PS. Not trying to be rude in my earlier post. I am just at work and do not have time to spend in an in depth conversation with you about this, like I normally would like to.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by just_another_yourself

remember this if nothing else friend. the creator is WITHIN. to say god is not inside of you is to say you are void of god. and nothing, not a thing in existence is void of god. because then it would cease to exist. not in a cloud, not in heaven. he gave US free will. to create unity, or separation. love, or fear. the ability to create with the power of the mind. just watch videos on quantum physics and the power of the mind

One of the smartest things I have read while spending time on ATS. I believe this is what Jesus was teaching as well. Not that he was Son of God.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
I also found this on 'newsvine'....link here...

phaedrus72.newsvine.com...

Excerpt:

Isn't that wonderful? I know there will be skeptics here, doubters, scoffers who will say so what? It could have been any shape! But it wasn't. The Crucifixion of Jesus was only 2000 years ago. Mankind and the animals are many thousands of years older than that, millions if you believe the Evolutionists. So long before the crucifixion ever took place, there was laminin in our bodies, millions of little crosses holding our bodies together. I don't know about you, but to me, it is just one more piece of the puzzle that is God. There are those who will call it coincidence, as they call everything that points to God, as they must, if they wish to remain an Atheist. But at what point, how many so called "coincidences" would it take for you to believe?

The symbol of the cross had a significant meaning long before Jesus. Planet of the crossing anyone?

Anyway to connect this to God is stupid. I think you're really reaching here. Sorry.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

If the cross indeed does have very pagan origins to it. Who would be the god over pagan rituals or symbols or teachings? Would God adulterate himself with something so unclean?

Another words, you cannot discount the dark sides ability to project a pagan symbol into the sky or on a cloth, etc. The whole idea of a cross in the sky comes from where?

Constantine! Or at least his mother. This is where the initial idea of cross came into Christianity. They felt motivated by the spirits to make it part of the scriptures. If Christ died on a stake or tree, who would benefit by incorporating a false doctrine or symbol into Christianity? This opens doors for further questions! So seeing crosses everywhere (as Constantine did) is due to a non-believer.

"The truth shall set you free, but first it will make you miserable!" - God

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Interesting read...

I now interperate everything logically.... so the non exist verse etc =

(If people do wrong by me or upset me... they don't exist anymore in my world)

my world being my thoughts and my life/environment.

I tend to think the verse may mean something like that?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Anyone with like 2 days of Junior College or who's actually picked up a book should know that ALL religion is a LIE.

I cannot believe the level of stupidity on here. Discuss the bible? You're kidding, right?

Its ALL a joke and if you had a SHRED of education you should KNOW that.

It kills me that people are still trying to "prove" religion when even the government knows its ALL FALSE. And has know this for THOUSANDS of years.

ALL RELIGION IS A LIE. There is no god, there is no afterlife, Jesus was an itinerant preacher who died in the desert and was likely eaten by wild dogs (last thought gleaned from a Catholic Arch Bishop - even THEY know!)

Yes this is harsh but I really do wish to free people from this claptrap hogwash superstition known as "religion".

And that goes for ALL religion. Christian, Jew, Muslim, Pagan, Scientologist, Hindu, yadda. ALL of it is BS.

Its simply the earliest form of government. We have secular laws now and reason - ALL religion MUST BE ABOLISHED. Ain't nothing but silly superstition.

Give it up and FREE yourself from the oppressive tyranny of the overlords who want to keep you down through fear.

AMEN.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I cant believe in the bible for many reasons, but Ill give you one, and I quote.

The Christian faith puts a very, very large stigma on divorce. For example, in Matthew 5:32 Jesus says:

But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, causes her to become an adulteress, and anyone who marries the divorced woman commits adultery.

In Matthew 19:9, Jesus repeats that sentiment:

I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery

Adultery is a major problem in the Christian faith. First, one of the commandments in the Ten Commandments specifically forbids adultery. Even worse, in Leviticus 20 we find this:

If a man commits adultery with the wife of his neighbour, both the adulterer and the adulteress shall be put to death.

Adulterers get the death penalty. Clearly, God and Jesus want Christians to stay married for life.

So let's review. When a Christian couple gets married, we have all of these forces that should be working to keep them married:

1. The marriage is performed in God's presence...
2. ...in God's house...
3. ...in front of God's representative (a minister or priest)...
4. ...and in front of many Christian witnesses.
5. The couple presumably prays before and after the wedding for a good marriage...
6. ...as do all of the witnesses...
7. ...and the minister/priest.
8. The couple knows that if they divorce/remarry, it is an act of adultery...
9. ...which God has forbidden...
10. ...and which the Bible says is punishable by death.

And don't forget this important line from the ceremony: What God has joined together let no man put asunder. Now think about this. God is the all-powerful, all-knowing creator of the universe. If God puts something together, shouldn't it be impossible to break it? Isn't that what "all-powerful" means?

Given all of this, and given the fact that an all-powerful, prayer-answering God is supposedly looking over the lives of a Christian couple, guiding them in the spirit and so on, what would you expect the divorce rate for Christians to be? Clearly, the Christian divorce rate should be zero.

But when we look at the divorce statistics of American couples, and compare Christian vs. non-Christian divorce rates, we find this strange statistic: divorce rates among Christians match those among the rest of the population. It does not matter whether the couple is Christian or not. According to this article, "'While it may be alarming to discover that born-again Christians are more likely than others to experience a divorce, that pattern has been in place for quite some time,' said George Barna, president of Barna Research Group." There are a millions ways to crunch the data, but no matter how you slice it, it is easy to see that Christians divorce just as often as non-Christians.

The reason for the high divorce rate among Christians is easy to see: The bible is a book, nothing more, nothing less. Its fiction.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
And, to quote yet again, this is my favorite.

Many Christians look at our universe, and especially life on planet Earth, and come to the conclusion that what we see is "irreducible complexity." In the Christian view, the complexity of our universe and life on earth requires an intelligent creator to bring everything into existence. A Christian might say:

"Look at how amazing and complex life is. Look at how intricate the human eye is, and the human brain. There is no way that the human eye and the human brain arose spontaneously from the mud. In the same way that a watch cannot appear without a watchmaker, there is no way that all this complexity arose without an intelligent creator."

So, we have a question that demands an answer:

Did the complexity of life arise spontaneously, or did it require a creator?

Christians believe that a creator is essential. Scientists believe that the idea of a "creator" is pure mythology, and that the complexity arose through natural processes like evolution. Who is right?

You can actually answer this question yourself with a little logic. Here are the two options:

1. The complexity of life and the universe did arise completely spontaneously and without any intelligence. Nature created all the complexity we see today.

2. An intelligent creator created all of the complexity that we see today because complexity requires intelligence to create it.

The advantage of the first option is that it is self-contained. The complexity arose spontaneously. No other explanation is required.

The problem with the second option is that it immediately creates an impossibility. If complexity cannot arise without intelligence, then we immediately must ask, "Who created the intelligent creator?" The creator could not spring into existence if complexity requires intelligence. Therefore, God is impossible.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I believe in jesus, buddha, mohammad, and many many other countless messiahs.

The message that was given to use by them was what is important. Love.

Now, in regards to this post, it is slightly bizzare to believe that without jesus we couldn't exist. That just, well, doesn't make any sense.

There has been civilizations for billions and billions of years, long before jesus' time. I don't really have much more to add. This is not logical thinking. Earth is young.

Best of wishes though in your path brothers.

Live in Love.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join