It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If it wasn’t for Jesus, you would cease to exist! Really…

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

I know you are...thanks...

Here's some supplemental quick info....I'll get back to you later...

For by him were all things created, which are in heaven and earth, visible and invisible, v. 16. He made all things out of nothing, the highest angel in heaven, as well as men upon earth. He made the world, the upper and lower world, with all the inhabitants of both. All things were made by him, and without him was not any thing made which was made, Jn. 1:3. He speaks here as if there were several orders of angels: Whether thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers, which must signify either different degrees of excellence or different offices and employments. Angels, authorities, and powers, 1 Pt. 3:22. Christ is the eternal wisdom of the Father, and the world was made in wisdom. He is the eternal Word, and the world was made by the word of God. He is the arm of the Lord, and the world was made by that arm. All things are created by him and for him; diÕ autou kai eis auton. Being created by him, they were created for him; being made by his power, they were made according to his pleasure and for his praise. He is the end, as well as the cause of all things. To him are all things, Rom. 11:36; eis auton ta panta. (4.) He was before all things. He had a being before the world was made, before the beginning of time, and therefore from all eternity. Wisdom was with the Father, and possessed by him in the beginning of his ways, before his works of old, Prov. 8:22. And in the beginning the Word was with God and was God, Jn. 1:1. He not only had a being before he was born of the virgin, but he had a being before all time. (5.) By him all things consist. They not only subsist in their beings, but consist in their order and dependences. He not only created them all at first, but it is by the word of his power that they are still upheld, Heb. 1:3. The whole creation is kept together by the power of the Son of God, and made to consist in its proper frame. It is preserved from disbanding and running into confusion.

Also...

By Him creation consists. "For by him were all things created that are in heaven and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things were created by him and for him" (Col. 1:16). How many Christians ever think of Christ as the One "by whom all things are created," as Colossians puts it; "by whom all things were made: as John puts it; "by whom God made the worlds," as Hebrews put it? Why did God make the universe, anyway? He made it that one day Christ might be all in all, that one day, from tiniest electron to mightiest planet, it might glorify Jesus. Scientists cannot give the reason for the universe: Christ is the reason. Creation is now enslaved in corruption, but one day it will display the glory of Christ, the bondage of sin will be broken, the Sons of God be manifested. And Christ not only created the universe and is its object but He sustains it now. The very existence of each of us, to say nothing of our salvation, depends on Him. Without Him the universe would fall apart

link: articles.christiansunite.com...

And...

Mathematics

And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. - Colossians 1:17

God’s creation is filled with both numerical and special relationships. The Christian’s mandate for mathematics is to apply mathematics in order to understand nature, for what math does is see with a finer focus some of the things God made. Not only is math useful to fulfill the dominion mandate of Scripture, it also uniquely reveals certain attributes of the Creator God. In mathematics we find God as the Architect, Contractor, and Builder all in one. One Christian reflects, “Through mathematics, nature stands revealed before us, and through it the Creator of the world has spoken and the Preserver of the world continues to speak.” Without this language, many of the intricate workings of nature would have remained vague or even unknown. In our discovery of mathematics we should praise God saying, “How great is the Maker of both the mind and nature.”

link: www.ccaeagles.org...
Thanks...let me know your thoughts on these...ok?

OT

[edit on 17-2-2009 by OldThinker]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Okay. I can read the verses fine, I just have trouble with the interpretation/real world connections-applications. Besides the Bible, can I have some... not "Evidence" but maybe a metaphor or something to help me understand it better? Your idea is interesting but does it somehow depersonify Jesus? It reminds me of the whole "God is in everyone" thing.. am I on the right track?

So wait, God created everything for Jesus? Did Jesus exist before God created everything? I'll be back later, too. We can chat it up.

[edit on 2/17/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

Should I have used the Ford Oval then

OT

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13

Did Jesus exist before God created everything?

Actually yes...focus on verse 1 and 3 and 14...

John 1:1-14
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning.

3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood[a] it.

6There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John. 7He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe. 8He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light. 9The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.

10He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13children born not of natural descent,[c] nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

14The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only,[d] who came from the Father, full of grace and truth

And this one...

"For in him we live and move and have our being." I like it better translated as, "For in him we live and move and are." Or still better: "Only in him do we live. Only in him do we move. And only in him do we exist."

link:www.focusonjesus.org...

think about that....in Him....we..live....move....and ARE....

Whew!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Good stuff...
This also proves that if Jesus didn't exist, we would have no math!
See, the '+' sign looks suspiciously like a cross!!
I wonder if he's trying to tell us something...
Maybe Jesus is the ultimate mathematician?

Sorry for the sarcasm.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthParadox

Love ya TP!

Funny....

Hope all is well.....

OT

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthParadox

Hey TP where ya been hiding?

we can go one better then the addition sign watch this for a novel turn around

here we have the symbol for the Atheist out campaign

its a lovely big and shiney glorious A

but it gets more interesting then just admiring it, tell me what you see

Adam - he was the very first atheist

God - hmmm no atheism ...wait what his real name ... jeAlous -atheist .. even god doesnt believe in himself and he is the ONLY one that has ANY real EVIDENCE of himself existing .. talk about an inferiority complex

Jesus of nAzAreth - loved the freedom and self responsability of Atheism so much he declared it twice

mAry- mother of jesus also a happy atheist

mAtthew,mArk - part of jesus's Atheism awerness group

luke,john - they were agnostics

pAul/sAul - loved atheism so much even when he changed his name he kept his atheism out there fore all to see

Without Atheism all you religeous folk would cease to exist, atheism is so good even god and jesus want to join in

dam ... no place to fit in some miagi praising ...

[edit on 17/2/09 by noobfun]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

You are bAAAAAAAd!

OT loved the A-lphabet

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Can't watch the video since I'm at work, but I'd figure, becuase of the way the molecule is designed, in a floating scenario, the outstretched 'arms' would pivot the molecule downwards, thus making it an inverted cross.

You know what that means, right?