It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time to ditch the bible?

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I like to show the validity of the bible by quoting the wisdom it contains.
It has an answer for everything if people would take the time to investigate and stop listening to these prosperity degenerates that are allowed to manipulate the words for their own benefit and gain.
You have an obvious dislike for the bible or you would not have posted this. How many people have determined in themselves that it worthless without having investigated for themselves. God says that if you read the word ask for guidance and He will give it to you. Why don't you decide for yourself if it's time to ditch it? It should be a personal choice. No man should lead you. In the end it is your decision.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by unity1

I have investigated and concluded.

I am an example (along with others) that it can be done, you can break free and still be a good person. No commitment.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by unity1

First as propaganda was used in order to invade Iraq and Afghanistan and to instill hatred in the American people towards the Muslims it will be used against Christians in the not too distant future.

And on what evidence do you make that alarming statement?

Isaiah 30:1
Woe to the rebellious children, saith the LORD, that take counsel, but not of me; and that cover with a covering, but not of my spirit, that they may add sin to sin:

I would assume that Isaiah wrote that to his contemporaries. I would further assume that in the context of their times, those sayings conveyed meaning to the readers (or listeners) of the message. I am not sure whether Isaiah was as convincing to his listeners then however as he seems to be to some readers 3,000 years after the fact. My memory is that most of the time the people who knew him best ignored him.

I don’t think we have any literary right to lift verses out of context - from any writer - then using mysterious allusions to try to draw or prove our favorite conclusions from the partial text. That is just too much of a stretch. It is very shallow in any study of ancient texts. Well, actually it is misleading and excusable only if done without intent to deceive.

If you examine the agenda of the Committee of 300. These are the Illuminati. The ones who have taken the world in this chaotic direction through propaganda via the media, politics and religion.

Don’t you know the stories about the Illuminati are fiction? Not even as good a tale as the Nostradamus claims? Protocols of the Elders of Zion and etc. All anti-Semitic stuff from the trash bin of history.

I am not familiar with the Committee of 300.

TARGETS OF THE ILLUMINATI AND THE COMMITTEE OF 300 by John Coleman

15. To export "religious liberation" ideas around the world so as to undermine all existing religions, but more especially the Christian religion. This began with the "Jesuit Liberation Theology" that brought an end to the Somoza Family rule in Nicaragua and which today is destroying El Salvador, now 25 years into a "civil war." Costa Rica and Honduras are also embroiled in revolutionary activities, instigated by the Jesuits.

One very active entity engaged in the so-called liberation theology, is the Communist-oriented Mary Knoll Mission. This accounts for the extensive media attention to the murder of four (3?) of Mary Knoll's so-called nuns in El Salvador a few years ago. The four nuns were Communist subversive agents and their activities were widely documented by the Government of El Salvador.

The US press and the new media refused to give any space or coverage to the mass of documentation possessed by the Salvadorian Government, which proved what the Mary Knoll Mission nuns were doing in the country. Mary Knoll is in service in many countries, and placed a leading role in bringing Communism to Rhodesia, Mozambique, Angola and South Africa. www.apfn.org... See My Note 1. www.youtube.com...

Get a life girl! This is worn-out anti-Communist stuff. OLD and very OLD because Rhodesia has been Zimbabwe since 1980. So all that trash you are reading was written before you were born, I’d bet! Also note the use of the large "C" for Communist instead of the small "c" communist, implies the Soviet rigid control system versus an Early Christian shaing society as found in Jerusalem.

On the 3 (or 4) Mary Knoll nuns. “A recent article in the New York Times has resurrected an old issue, the killing of three American nuns in El Salvador on December 2, 1980.” www.anusha.com... Aside: Confusion over the number of nuns, 3 or 4, arises because there were 4 woman murdreed by the Salvadoran Army that day but only 3 were nuns. The 4th woman was an AID worker and was with the nuns.

The young soldiers in the Salvadorian Army were probably Catholics. Nevertheless, incited by propaganda and numbed by alcohol or coc aine, those young men - 7 or 8 of them - raped the 4 women (3 nuns and the aid worker) then the soldiers “baptized” all 4 of them in a nearby (in use) septic tank - humiliation - before forcing the 4 to knell and shooting them in the head. Nazi style. The ultimate in humuliation.

Whatever the nuns had done did not merit this. It was alleged but not proved that the whole outrage had been done on CIA orders. If you believe this John Coleman trash, you are doing yourself a disservice.

One of the most disgraceful things ever done by the late Pope John Paul II was done on his visit to Cuba. He did NOT rebuike and condemn the Salvadoran Army but instead, the Holy Father admonished his Catholic missionaries NOT to engage in politics! If THAT John Paul 2 had been at the crucifixion he would no doubt have held the Roman soldier's cloak! Thank you, Your Holiness! (I assume that statement on politics was the price Pope JP2 had to pay to get into Castro's cuba).

Hence the hate crimes bill which will make it a crime for Christians to share their faith. Real Christians will not shrink for sharing their faith in Jesus. The Vatican is hard at work trying to show the world that we must all come together as one to create peace on earth. Their agenda does not include Christ. Understand too that the Vatican, the U.S. government and the illuminati worked together to create all of this religious instability for the purpose of creating this coming world religion. They secretly created the problem and will offer the solution. They have done it many times. They create a virus for instance and then create a vaccine. I don't know why people still don't see this.

These sources are crazy and lyingr but so many look to be a bit on the lazy side when it comes to accepting without questoining. Where does such invidious material aimed at young people who are poorly informed and are all too vulnerable to older “father” figures for opinions?

Let's stop a second. Look at this post. “The Vatican is hard at work trying to show the world that we must all come together as one to create peace on earth. Their agenda does not include Christ.” I am no fan of the Vatican but how can anyone but an uninformed person say the Vatican’s agenda does not include Christ? (Their version of Christ of course).

We are wasting valuable time. That by the way, time, is only thing you and I have in exactly the same amount as Bill Gates has, 168 hours a week. It’s how it’s used that counts in the long run. Don’t give you’s over to those who will waste it.

People naturally will desire peace after all of the chaos the illuminati have created. Hence they will blame Christians for standing in the way of that peace and encourage the people to hate or blame them for it. It's happened many times throughout history and it will happen again in these "last days."

Name ONE time.

Matthew 24:9
Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you . . be hated . . shall betray one another . . shall hate one another . . false prophets shall deceive many . . iniquity shall abound.13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come . . “

That is called an APOCALYPTIC view of the world. Why do people in 2009 think Matthew IS talking to them? Is that a super EGO trip?

Here’s a book - Matthew - written around 80-95 CE and probably written for the large Jewish community living in Alexandria, Egypt. It’s an expanded version of Mark, the older version of the gospel and is very much slanted towards Jewish people. Fulfillment of prophecy. Moses like trip out of Eghpt. Wise men and astrological star signs. And etc.

The truth is so much more interesting and rewarding than the patent falsehoods of your source. Try it, you’ll like it.

Guillotines at fema camps
www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...
www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

From my other posts it is known that I have always hated George Walker Bush - he who ordered the deaths of 154 inmates when governor of Texas - one every 2 weeks for 6 years - and who has presided over 4,300 Americans KIA in Iraq based on his and Cheney’s lies about WMDs, and who has wrecked the economy that will take years and trillions of dollars to fix, money that could have been better spent on education and health care. But I, knowing all this, tell you FEMA does not have guillotines. Anywhere.

Note 1.
John Coleman (born 1935) is a former British Intelligence Officer for MI6, now SIS. (Military Intelligenc, 6th branch. Now called Secret Intellgience Service). He has written several books regarding conspiracies to create a New World Order. Coleman argues that the Muslim Brotherhood is a secret Masonic order created, with support from T. E. Lawrence, Bertrand Russell and St. John Philby, to "keep the Middle East backward so its natural resource, oil, could continue to be looted."[1] Coleman has also criticized the Club of Rome, the Giorgio Cini Foundation, Global 2000, the Interreligious Peace Colloquium, the Tavistock Institute, and other organizations. From Wikipedia via Gogle.

[edit on 2/6/2009 by donwhite]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by donwhite
It’s basically looks hopeless. There is a certain mind-set that wants so much to be part of the BIG SHOW they will do anything including give up their own intellectual integrity. Groupies we call them at a rock concert.

Funny, when I showed you another mindset you backed out and said you didn't want to talk about religion, that it was useless. And now, here you are once again in the same thread debunking everything again. Making bogus claims based on the mainstream Christian.

I guess what you mean is you only want to argue with the weakest arguments you can find.

True to the nature of wolves/predators. Always looking for the lowest common denominator for prey.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Please remain on topic and refrain from posting to the poster. This is a long thread on a contentious topic and Civility and Decorum Are Required.

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Thanks mod.

C'mon guys, there is no need to lose the plot (so to speak).

Lets keep cool on this eh?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thistled
reply to post by unity1

I have investigated and concluded.

I am an example (along with others) that it can be done, you can break free and still be a good person. No commitment.

Well ok. If you want to toss the bible out then by all means toss it out.

One thing I can tell you is that you need to get a better overall perspective and do a lot of reading before you ask others to toss it.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm06002

personally i think hope is over rated and (religious) people are far too concerned with the rewards or lack of they will recieve after life is over for them. i say forget about hope and focus on what you can do in the here and now to make things better so theres no need for this particular kind of hope.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by Thistled
reply to post by unity1

One thing I can tell you is that you need to get a better overall perspective and do a lot of reading before you ask others to toss it.

Erm, who says I have to read it?

Is this something I should do from birth?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Thistled

I would think that you would want to read it and study it. From birth? Do you mean the beginning? Thats a good a place as any to start.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
you ditch the bible and you ditch all your conmmon law rights and your constitutions.....

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Hmmmm its always intresting to read all this stuff. Why is it that all these posts are written based on a book written by human kind and not by said God. Did said God actually sit down an actually write this? Anyone remember a game called Chinese whispers?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Amen! I'm staying with Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior.
It is up to each person...either you bow your knee now or later.
I decided to surender to Him in 1983 instead of waiting for judgement day.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

I would think that you would want to read it and study it. From birth? Do you mean the beginning? Thats a good a place as any to start.

The traditional Protestant bible, the 1611 AV (Authorized Version) also known as the KJV (King James Version) is a near verbatim copy of the earlier William Tyndale bible translated into English in 1523-25, for which its author was burned at the stake by the Roman Church in 1536. People took religion very seriously back in those days! Very much like today's Muslims.

Most students of the Holy Bible say that several later translations of the 20th century are much superior to the KJV which remains so popular because in part of its beautiful Elizabethan (Shakespeare) language. Many of the popular modern language bibles on sale are merely transliterations of the KJV brought to the current usage by authors who are rarely if ever academically qualified for that humongous task. Something you and I could do over a few weekends. en.wikipedia.org...

But mostly no one reads the bible today for entertainment, information or as an intellectual enterprise. Almost none of it is understandable in our culture. Even that which looks easy to understand is probably not because we just don’t have any real conception of what was happening when that was written. After all, nothing important happens by accident.

The Bible is a collection of books that were written by 40 or 50 different writers, beginning around 1,300 BCE running through about 125 CE, by people who had a totally different culture from ours, who spoke a vastly different language than we speak and who lived in a world vastly different from ours. A world where mystery, the unknown and superstition ruled. Even the bible as we now know it did not come into existence until the mid 4th century CE.

As relates to modern Christianity, the first time the Holy Bible was studied as any other ancient writing would be studied was in Germany in the 19th century in a new way of looking called the School of Historical Criticism. In my early lifetime the most famous of those scholars was Albert Schweitzer (1875-1965). He received the 1952 Nobel Peace Prize in 1953 for his philosophy of "Reverence for Life," expressed in many ways, but most famously in founding and sustaining the Albert Schweitzer Hospital in Lambaréné, now in Gabon, in west central Africa. He was a music scholar and well received organist.

His world famous book entitled “The Quest of the Historical Jesus” (1906), incorporated his doctor of theology dissertation. The book is usually available as used from Amazon dot com. Just as the title explains, it is his very studious German style exploration of the origins of Jesus. Anyone living in a Christian culture who wants to base his or her religion or no religion on intellect and reason instead of emotions ought to start here. en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 2/6/2009 by donwhite]

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by 667 The neighbour of the
Hmmmm its always intresting to read all this stuff. Why is it that all these posts are written based on a book written by human kind and not by said God. Did said God actually sit down an actually write this? Anyone remember a game called Chinese whispers?

If He had sat down an written something wouldn't you question that as well? As it is you have probably read much that man has written but cant believe that men could write anything about God that is true?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
Although there are already multiple threads on this issue...

I remember once I was at work last summer and I asked my friend who was working with me what religion she was. She said "I'm Christian." I asked her if she went to Church, and she said no, and I asked her what she thought about God, she said she wasn't sure.

Most people are Christian because their parents are.

I wonder how many people who claim to be Christians have even read the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) and the Acts of the Apostles, let alone the whole New Testament or the whole Bible?

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The Bible, Quoran and Torah are the most ancient of all NWO schemes. They created them to prevent us from thinking for ourselves. The NWO is, was and always will be out to destroy us.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CharlesMartel

I have like thousands of times ...I used to live in the country for about 6 years and in between working in the garden and cooking dinner etc ...when I was pregnant with my second child ..I read it over and over and over again ..
I still read it all of the time .....and everytime I read it I see something I did not see before ....it really is a very interesting book even if I was not a believer I would still find it interesting .....there is so much history in it ..and so many prophecies fulfilled and many still yet to come ....how could anyone not at least be even a little interested in reading it ...Especially these days when you can see prophecy being fulfilled right before our eyes ....not to mention at least I know what to expect of what is coming (the element of surprise or apostacy wont affect me) ...only because I did read it and I know what to expect ...the only reason why so many believers these days are being led astray is because they do not read it for themselves ...they get fed only what the wolves want them to know (which is deception) ...unless they search for scriptures themselves they wont know any of it ..

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away [their] ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Hey HappyDancing ....glad to hear that ......God Bless you ....

[edit on 6-2-2009 by Simplynoone]

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join