It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time to ditch the bible?

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Thistled

Who You Should Kill

--Unruly or rebellious child. Deut 21:20-21
--Those who curse or hit their parents. Lev 20:9, Ex 21:15
--Worshipers of other gods. Deut 13:6-11
--Psychics, witches. Lev 20:27, Deut 13:6-11, Ex 22:18.
--Those who do not believe in Jesus (parable). Luke 19:27.
--Those who work on the Sabbath. Ex 35:2
--Moses kills a gentile for this. Num 15:32-36.
--Those who are accused by at least two people of wickedness. Deut 17:6. --The children and babies of enemies. Num 31:17, Deut 20:13, Psalm 137:9, Lev 26:29.
--Adulterers. Lev 20:10.
--Homosexuals. Lev 20:13.
--A woman who is not a virgin when married. Deut 22:13-21.
--Those who are careless with murderous livestock. Exodus 21:29.

Who You Should Hate

--Those who eat crab or shrimp. Lev 11:10.
--Those who sacrifice an animal to God that has a blemish. Deut 17:1.
--Those who remarry the same person after divorce. Deut 24:4.
--Homosexuals. Lev 18:22.
--Those who are proud. Prov 16:5.
--A woman who wears pants. Deut 22:5.
--A man with long hair (Jesus?). 1Cor 11:14 contradicts Num 6:5, 1Sam 1:11, Jug 13:5.
--Those who call others fools Mat 5:22

Should we still do this stuff?

--All OT laws still apply in NT. Matt 5:17-19

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Thistled:

Thanks for your quick reply. I don't believe that my Bible dominates my life. It does help enrich my life, but I don't need to read it everyday.

My life is days filled up with giggles and fun games with my grandchildren. Watching them grow and helping them with school work and on nice days going to walks outside.

Since I only have one leg it does limit what I can do, but I can still cook suppers and everyone is thankful for that again. I do keep myself busy in my kitchen and must take care of a surgery wound on my right leg that is very slow in healing so that increases my risk of infections.

My family dominates my life and the Lord just is the cream topping of top of it all.

Peace to you

Grandma

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

"A woman who wears pants". Deut 22:5.

Actually some biblical astutes are realizing that this "that which pertains to a man" is a reference to strap on dildos. Seriously.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Nah, but it wouldn't surprise me to hear a follower who is totally blinkered and brainwashed saying something like that.

It's funny, as a few other threads have appeared, based on me daring to question the bible, and all I can sense is fire and damnation.

What is even funnier....all the posts by bible thumpers have an amazing collection of stars. It's as if all the other followers click on the star just because they are on the same side.

See what I mean, see what this book does to people?

Ditch it - that aint a way to get on in 2009.

I think the whole world would be a better place if religion was taken out of the equation.

Oh and don't give me the, "but what about people who NEED faith", have faith in yourself and take it from there. You WILL be surprised.

Oh yeah and logarock, isn't it also funny how your "pants" quotation scared all the heavenly types away? Must have struck a nerve eh?

[edit to fix grammar on 11/2/2009 by Thistled]

[edit on 11/2/2009 by Thistled]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Like I was saying earlier if you are going to uote quote it all not just the little piece you want.

Duet 22:5

5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ant4AU

Like I was saying earlier if you are going to uote quote it all not just the little piece you want.

5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

Yeah but do you see my point man, the quote says in so many words, you can do W X but not Y Z. Who the hell are you to tell me what I can and can't do? (not you, but the book)

So out of context or not, it's the fact the book dictates.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

All it said was men not to wear women’s clothing and women not to wear men’s clothing. Had nothing to do with strap-ons. And because you don’t believe in this God you see it as "who are you to tell me what to do." For those who believe being given guidelines and rules is worth it because of the benefits and experiences we have had thru our faith. I realize you are talking about the book and not me. I only hope that my words are not taken as a direct attack.

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

Nah man, I knew it wasn't personal.

I also know it has nowt to do with strap ons but some crazy religiious types do.

Do you see my point about the book dictating to me about what s right from wrong?

(no I don't do skirts)

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Yes I see your point about the book dictating what is right and wrong. Regardless of a book peoples idea of right and wrong differ. What is right for one is not wrong to others. Regardless of what anyone believes the Bible does offer a moral code that is generally accepted by most. Now I am not a one of the bible thumpers to say that believe this or piss off. But I don’t mind sharing my belief

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ant4AU

Well rally I will take my medicine if I need to, but they way that is written in English from the Hebrew the second line does not necessarily pertain to the first..

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thistled
reply to post by Ant4AU

Nah man, I knew it wasn't personal.

I also know it has nowt to do with strap ons but some crazy religiious types do.

Do you see my point about the book dictating to me about what s right from wrong?

(no I don't do skirts)

You see thistle how simple minded these are. I mean if men and women are not to wear each others garment then the spirit of the thing, supposedly of some spiritual nature, automatically extends to areas beyond paint suits and trousers.

According to the strict observances of the law, that the Pharisees are know for, they would stone a man for wearing a bonnet but would do nothing to a woman wearing a strap on becouse there isn't a law against it.

Christ called it swallowing a camel while choking in a gnat.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Christ called it swallowing a camel while choking in a gnat.

What this means is there are many who would prefer to swallow a big stinky lie, than a simple truth. Likewise, there are many who swallow the bible whole, every last jot and tittle, relishing the taste of it all the way down. The wise will select the wheat among the tares, though they may be few, and hold on tight. A few words from Jesus destroy most the rest of the bible, but for the "context" which imprisons them within rhetoric.

Christ!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grandma
(1) you created my inmost being
(2) you knit be together in my mother's womb
(3) I am fearfully and wonderfully made
(4) my frame was made in the secret place
(5) your eyes saw my unformed body
(6) all days for me were written - before one of them came to be

Now, think on this a minute! This is from the OT and it speaks of nothing but a loving Creator, a loving Father.

Grandma

No it doesn't.
The formation of bodies is an unloving perception.
And to script each one's life in a body before bodies even came to be percieved...that is not less than slavery.
The OT gOd must be insane.

Christ!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by nasa sec-z 31
I think we should ditch ll religion and make one big unified religion maybe..

Religion, properly understood, is the process of discerning true from false, so that one may choose the true. Before the false, there was only the true. The truth is still true, but something false is posing as the truth. And everyone involved with the false has fallen for the false. As a rule of thumb, if you have opposing thumbs, you have fallen for the false. Now must learn what is the truth and choose it, and it only, without compromise. This is what religion is or ought to be about. It's about separating wheat from tares, sheep from goats, and true from false. It is not about distinquishing good from evil. This is anti-religion, posing as religion. This is where it gets really confusing and violent.

As a rule of thumb, what is called "the universe" is completely false. So it is utterly deceptive and ruthlessly confusing. And if you believe it, you will be sucked in to the lie, and suffer for it...not as a punishment from the true God, but because "living" without the truth is inherently painful. It cannot even be called "life". It is a living death.

What is unified is the Kingdom of God. This is reality now, always was, always will be. "The universe" serves to deny this, as if to make another, and better.

Christ!

[edit on 13-2-2009 by Christ!]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Christ!

Christ (which you are not)

God of the OT was also a God of love and mercy. When King David was talking about how wonderfully made our bodies were and how God knew us even before we were in our mother's womb.........to me that is something beautiful. Not anything that an INSANE God would do!

Peace to you,
Grandma

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Grandma

We are all to strive to be of the humble nature. Christs body is our body, his blood is our blood...we are all one and we can become one with Thee just as Jesus did. He showed us how to become humble so harmony amoungst people could become reality.

I think Christ looked at us as equals to him...

LV

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grandma
reply to post by Christ!

Christ (which you are not)

God of the OT was also a God of love and mercy. When King David was talking about how wonderfully made our bodies were and how God knew us even before we were in our mother's womb.........to me that is something beautiful. Not anything that an INSANE God would do!

Peace to you,
Grandma

First the bad news, then the good news.
The bad news is that the body is a limitation.
The true GoD makes no limitations...does not limit.
For to limit would be to limit love.
And love cannot be limited.
The true GoD always gives everything, and nothing less.
So, the true GoD always gives eternal life, perfection, omnipotence, omnicience, totality, wholeness...love.
In brief, the true GoD always gives himself, creating equals only.
For this reason Jesus said, 'if you've seen me you've seen the Father"
Having given himself, the Father is "in" the Son, and the Son is "in" the Father.
In this way, the whole Kingdom of God is "within".
He was not talking about a body.
He was talking about his glory...his true Self.
A body is a limit on love.
So,
A body is a limit on the glory of the true Self...which is Christ.
So it is said, "all have fallen short of the glory of God".
For to be a man is to have fallen short of the glory of Self...which is Christ...which is the truth.
The body is a lie made to replace the true Son with another son and another father.
And this other son and other father are said to be the truth.
They are not.
The body is a limit on love.
It is the only place in the whole of the Kingdom of God where God cannot be, for God cannot be limited.
So, to make bodies and to see bodies is to make love meaningless.
And this is the meaning of 'adultery'.
To look at a body is to perpetuate the adultery of love, rendering it meaningless.
The body is the work of gOd, the ego which makes "the universe" in place of the Kingdom of God.
The universe competes with the Kingdom of God for the title "reality".
But this title belongs to Christ.
And "the universe" is made from unbelief in Christ...the original sin.
The body, therefore, is an effect of faith...the "substance" of things hoped for.
The body is the effect of sin, born in sin, and dead in sin.
It is not really alive.
It is a dream figure, suffering.
It is a robot, slaving.
It is to prove but one thing: the truth is not true, and must be "dead".
To understand the genesis of the body, one must understand the true - nasty - genesis of the "wonderful" world.
The world is wonderful if you believe that Christ crucified is wonderful.

Ok, now the good news.
The good news is if you confess your sin, God is faithful and just to forgive you your sin.
What is your sin?
Unbelief in Christ.
What is the effect of this sin?
"The universe".
So if you confess to making the universe, whatever it is, you will be forgiven for believing you made it.
And forgiveness will inform you that what you made is not really made.
It is imagined.
And imagination is an expression of freedom.
No harm has been done to Christ.
Our Father has not truly been mocked, though the universe would mock him.
The universe does not truly exist, so God has not been mocked.
If the universe did exist, and were eternal, then would it be an unforgivable sin.
But in fact every sin is forgiveable.
And forgiveness would inform you that there is no sin because the universe is not the truth.
Sin is a lie.
Accept this, and you will accept your innocence.
The universe is an effect of your belief in guilt.
Belief in guilt is unbelief in Christ, which is innocent always and eternally, unchanging, unchanged.
Christ cannot change.
You can believe Christ can change.
You can believe you have succeeded in changing Christ.
But your unbelief will not change Christ.
So,
Your unbelief will not change you.

Here again is the good news.
The Holy Spirit has promised the Father that you would be saved.
Saved, you will know yourself again as the Son of God...Christ...perfect, even as our Father is perfect.

Christ!

[edit on 14-2-2009 by Christ!]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
According to the Standard Model of God, God is an omniscient, all-powerful, all-loving being who answers prayers. Imagine God sitting on his magnificent throne in heaven looking down upon Earth, seeing every detail. God speaks:

"Look at all of those praying people getting tortured in that death camp. Excellent! I won't do anything to stop that. And look at that little girl down there being raped and murdered. Perfect! She is praying like mad, and so is her mother, but I won't do anything to stop that. And there are three terrorists preparing to blow up a church and kill 1,500 people who are saying the Lord's Prayer to me right now. Outstanding! I won't do anything to stop that. How wonderful it is that 1,000 prayerful people will die of starvation today in Ethiopia. I love it! I won't do anything to stop that. Oh… and there's little Suzy Jankins praying that I remove that pimple from her nose for her big date with Chad tomorrow. Let me go help Suzy right now…"

......it's God's plan, huh??

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAbstract
According to the Standard Model of God, God is an omniscient, all-powerful, all-loving being who answers prayers. Imagine God sitting on his magnificent throne in heaven looking down upon Earth, seeing every detail. God speaks:

......it's God's plan, huh??

No, this is your plan.
God's plan is to save you from your plan.
Check out my previous post.
God made you equal in:
omniscience
all-powerful
all-loving
and...drumroll please...
freedom!

And this is what you are doing with your freedom.
Mocking God,
Pretending that our Father made "the universe".
Acting like he looks down from heaven on sin.
Saying he does not care.
Yet, all the while, all of these scenarios are things you have dreamed up as the proverbial prodigal son.
Did you think the prodigal son was without power?
God does not take his gifts back.
Once an inheritance is given it is given...eternally.
So you are invested with power beyond your belief.
And you are using this power to imagine scenarios which prove that guilt is the truth.
And if guilt is the truth, then you cannot be the truth.
And this is the basis of the "prodigal son" which denies sonship to himSelf, and fatherhood to our true Father.
"The universe" and all that happens within it are the net effect.
These are the effects of unbelief in Christ, which is unbelief in Self.
Unbelief in Self is belief in anti-self.
So, the universe is all that is anti-self.
It symbolizes a kind of self-immolation, self-crucifixion, self-punishment...self-condemnation.

Confess this and be forgiven.
Confess it not and perpetuate the effects longer.

Christ!

[edit on 14-2-2009 by Christ!]

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Christ!

So I'm God now......

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join