It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time to ditch the bible?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thistled
reply to post by badmedia

"the numerous times Jesus specifically says those who believe will do as he says."

What is it that he is saying to do which is so bad? Is it really that hard to love one another as yourself?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Well supposedly there is a new movement these days with some who actually believe as he does....It was news to me until I met Badmedia ...there are a few others here too ..............
But there are other things he believes that are not your basic typical beliefs for someone who follows Jesus (like reincarnation ..and he thinks Jesus is not the only way to the father ) .........
He is in a class all his own .....at least with that combo of beliefs ....
He detests the church peoples and detests the unchurched (like myself) because he thinks we all got brainwashed by the church ..(which I can assure you I was not ...I did my own studying without Church for many many years now..and had no prior church before I studied (I barely went for 6 months my whole life to church and for sure they taught me not much of anything) ............
And he thinks that most of us here do not even know who the Holy Spirit or Jesus really is ..
And he thinks we worship our bibles (LOL) ....because most of us do believe that the bible is the word of God ..

I am unaware of any such movement. I act on my own accord and do not belong to any organizations or movements.

I do however take comfort among gnostics. Gnostic isn't really new, they keep on popping up out of nowhere all across history, and true to the words of Jesus they have been persecuted and called heretics by the church. But I'm not sure exactly how far our knowledge is shared. Due to the horrid treatment of people who have tried to obtain knowledge in the past, much knowledge is kept in stories and in codes that hide the lessons without a specific bit of understanding behind them. The 4 books I mention also have this quality.

I do not detest church people. There is a reason people have to be confused and deceived. Most people are actually good people, and want to do the right things. These people are poor in spirit and do not know the truth. But when the truth does come to them, then they will accept it. This is why they are blessed. You pretty much have to actually know the truth and rejected it, and the majority of people do not. To know the truth and to deprive others of it, and use it to manipulate people for your own gain is the only thing that can't be forgiven. And so the people themselves who are the "sheep" are just that, sheep.

Your entire basis of dislike for me is because I point out the flaws in Paul and the church and don't ignore them.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dontmakemebethe1
Hey Thistled...have mercy...b/c I don't know how to quote, but I'll do my best to answer your reply... WHY UTTER DISREGAR? When my kids are bored, thirsty, mad, etc. They complain and grieve me to no end! They even try to do things on their own way. They aren't wise enough always to make the best decisions and they will disobey and sometimes hurt themselves, or even philisophically go in a bad direction and have to be put on a better path. The one phrase answer that is the easiest though would be: We are foolish beings who think we know more than our Creator. I am sure that if I can be so angered by my kids...God is extremely angered by the ones who He is trying to set up for paradise...when they refuse to obey his rules. Kids utterly disregard their parents the same way! We're stupid humans! All of us. NOW::: the REASONS FOR THE RULES: Were varied. Environmental conditions, control issues, He was teaching them too...during their wilderness experience. He was in the midst of setting them apart as a people; strengthening them along the way. Then there was the preparation for what the prophets would begin to experience...foretelling of a savior. IS THE BIBLE A CLEVER COMPILATION? No. The books of the bible have been highly criticized by some very intelligent people. I am sure you have read the debates about biblical origins and Canonized material...But each book was included by a team of people (biased and unbiased) but they all were in final agreement of the books that were canonized. Please research that...I don't have enough background to summarize it here. my NIEZSCHE comment ... well he was so antiGod but his writings haven't been dumped, or banned, disregarded...why should the Bible be?

Please forgive the crude format, but I don't know how to use the quote features . thanks.

**by the way...I have been told not to post on here by a friend of mine, but I enjoy reading all your posts and usually everyone on here is fairly accepting of posting ineptness. Thanks for giving me a chance to post my opinions too

I think you did a mighty fine job and I gave you a star .. I couldnt have said it any better than you ...

As far as the quote thing ..would love to help ya but I barely figured it out myself lately LOL >......may lead you astray...

And WELCOME ....as far as posting I registered about five years ago but could not get in so I gave up trying ..then tried again ..and then waited awhile before posting because it is a rough place ........but eventually I just jumped right in and I made it for the last year or so almost unscathed ...(not yet wounded but sometimes close lol) ........but for sure have your helmet and your breastplate on at all times ...the stabs can be intense ...

[edit on 4-2-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Yes Badmedia ..just concentraiting on peoples flaws is not a real fruit of the spirit ...wouldnt you say ? Because certainly we all have terrible flaws ...if we are going by faults (flaws) then we are all damned ....arnt we ? ....

All of the apostles and followers of Jesus were all flawed and imperfect human beings ..it was only by the mercy of God the father and the leading of Jesus Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit within them that they were even able to continue their calling and writing down what they heard and saw etc ....And we would not even know about Jesus Christ because they would not have even managed to live a life where they honestly felt worthy enough to even tell their story of when they walked with him ..they would have just GIVEN UP on trying to be like Jesus .......I am so thankful they did not just sit and point out eachothers faults etc or they would have all just given up on spreading the news of The Lord Jesus Christ to the world ......

Seriously why dont you try to see the good in people who are striving to be like their Lord ?Lay off a little on the Church peoples and the brainwashed sheeple (Quote unquote) ...... The fruits of the spirit includes UPLIFTING people and comforting people and helping them to get up out of their self pity and their depressions and their brainwashed condition ... etc ...(they are that way because they have been told they are so imperfect and so not worthy to even utter the name of Jesus let alone be invited into the family of the Lord Jesus CHrist ...(sound familiar ?) the Jews wont even spell the word God for that reason ....

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Thistled

It's not working because people still aren't listening.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Yes Badmedia ..just concentraiting on peoples flaws is not a real fruit of the spirit ...wouldnt you say ? Because certainly we all have terrible flaws ...if we are going by faults (flaws) then we are all damned ....arnt we ? ....

An error doesn't become a mistake(flaw) until we refuse to admit and fix it. I bring up the errors of the church and religion because I am looking at their fruits.

What you ask me to do is to ignore 1 hand and focus only on the good hand. You ask me to focus on the good parts, and pretend the bad parts don't exist. And I will not do it.

20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

You ask me to ignore the fruits.

All of the apostles and followers of Jesus were all flawed and imperfect human beings ..it was only by the mercy of God the father and the leading of Jesus Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit within them that they were even able to continue their calling and writing down what they heard and saw etc ...And we would not even know about Jesus Christ because they would not have even managed to live a life where they honestly felt worthy enough to even tell their story of when they walked with him ..they would have just GIVEN UP on trying to be like Jesus .......I am so thankful they did not just sit and point out eachothers faults etc or they would have all just given up on spreading the news of The Lord Jesus Christ to the world ......

I am not even talking about your flaws. This is a discussion forum where we discuss opinions. I have not judged you in anyway, I simply disagree. You are always the one who refers to me as hating people and so on. I wish for just 1 single post you wouldn't play the victim. You strike out at me, and then when I respond you play the victim.

Seriously why dont you try to see the good in people who are striving to be like their Lord ?Lay off a little on the Church peoples and the brainwashed sheeple (Quote unquote) ...... The fruits of the spirit includes UPLIFTING people and comforting people and helping them to get up out of their self pity and their depressions and their brainwashed condition ... etc ...(they are that way because they have been told they are so imperfect and so not worthy to even utter the name of Jesus let alone be invited into the family of the Lord Jesus CHrist ...(sound familiar ?) the Jews wont even spell the word God for that reason ....

If I didn't see the good in people here, then I wouldn't bother posting. You aren't asking me to see the good in people. What you are asking me to do is to ignore the evils in people. And no, I won't do it. I look at people by their fruits.

If you can't even be honest about the churches history, how in the world can you expect anyone to trust you?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Thistled

I do not at all find the words of leviticus irrelevant for our time and in fact, G.d clearly said that all that was spoken from the foundation of the world is being created now.

It is man's (your) understanding in which you are approaching and thus, it stands to reason that since our understanding is not His, you would not understand the beauty and path of salvation being shown there and rather see it as binding and too difficult.

The Tanakh is simply this.... the difference between the Truth from the lies. But even the Truth can become a lie if we are not seeing it through the eyes of Truth.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Where do you think the Bible comes from? Christians say that The Jews are our brothers and Sisters (spiritually) The Jews believe that everybody who is not a Jew is less than they are and they have the right to kill them for sport. How are Jews any different than Nazis? The Nazis never had this much power. So that being said... Satanism also believes that we are human animals. According to another article as stated by a Jew they own the government the media and show biz in this country. They think we are all a bunch of flaming morons. Unfortunately this is pretty accurate. The truth must be set free...

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Ok lets throw in some common sense to this discussion

here is some questions to test your believes,,..

If god and jesus exists (as the bible tells it) why is their many different religions and variations ok many religions do speak of the same sort of events and prophesies but some speak of many gods. And if this is the case that all religion is the same why is it the biggest cause of the biggest and most brutal wars!

If god and jesus exists (as the bible tells it) why don’t all animals go to heaven or hell,

A believer would say Dogs and Cats go to heaven but how about

Ants, Worms, Wales, Bugs, Rats, BACTERIA – All living things what makes us any better or superior to other animals (self believe that’s what).

If god and jesus exists (as the bible tells it) why doesn’t it go into detail about the other planets. After all we are a spec of dust in his big creation of the universe. Why did he not teach us more about what’s really above us.

=========== My thoughts

(GOD MADE THE BIG BANG OR SOMETHING SIMILAR)

-----------

And it is stupid (I think) to think that god made us In the image of himself and made the world in 7 days bla bla..

It just doesn’t make sense, at all in the slightest.

From a scientific point of view we are a evolved species that has been lucky to have many different variables from space that allows life on this planet to thrive.

I also think the alien theory that aliens come down and changed our DNA would answer a lot of my questions to why the bible doesn’t add up and why other scientific things don’t add up (where is the in-between of apes and man?….

Only my thoughts

PEACE!

1 more question that is prob best not to think about, this is the ultimate brain sizzler,.

WHO MADE GOD??? (i give up allready)

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by silverhawke
Where do you think the Bible comes from? Christians say that The Jews are our brothers and Sisters (spiritually) The Jews believe that everybody who is not a Jew is less than they are and they have the right to kill them for sport. How are Jews any different than Nazis? The Nazis never had this much power. So that being said... Satanism also believes that we are human animals. According to another article as stated by a Jew they own the government the media and show biz in this country. They think we are all a bunch of flaming morons. Unfortunately this is pretty accurate. The truth must be set free...

Daniel 5 tells us where, when, and why the Tanakh was written.. it is just a matter of asking for His understanding to see it clearly and then you will know that it is no lie that you understand the matter of kings (as spoken of in Daniel 1).

The Jewish people have fallen under their own pride unfortunately. But Isaiah clearly says that it will only take one person with an upright heart seeking the Truth and when they understood the Truth, the prophecies would be enacted. Thus, it will only be a matter of time and your questions will be answered... as well as the other posters questions.

G.d is not a cruel G.d at all and there is nothing to fear. If you want peace now, then all one has to do is shed all interpretations and understandings of man and this is how you must approach the Tanakh. Otherwise, trust that G.d is not the tyrant that He has been made to seem and that His judgments are sure and true... use common sense and common courtesy to make it through this time; along with keeping your eyes open to "see" and your ears turned on to "hear." In time, you will know.

edited to add: I tend to speak these things from my perspective which is the knowledge of G.d and what He is doing. There is something to fear and that is being ensnared in the traps that are set up for you... yes, by G.d, but for your own good.. it is to show you what ignorance does in hopes to get you to seek His knowledge... face yourself.. that is the Tanakh.. a mirror. How you see G.d is merely a reflection of your own heart.

[edit on 4-2-2009 by justamomma]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Your quote Badmedia [Your entire basis of dislike for me is because I point out the flaws in Paul and the church and don't ignore them. ]

You help them with those flaws ..not turn them away by condemning them into a corner ....it takes LONGSUFFERING with them ..and mercy and compassion on them ..everyone who has flaws as you can see has a different understanding of scriptures ..

You ...me ...Justamomma.....John Matrix ..LIB ...etc ...all think differently about understanding of scriptures ...(some of us agree on alot but there are many things we cant any of us find a medium ground on ) ..........
Do you think that because of that they could never come up with something that really is of GOD and something that need not be overlooked just because of their misunderstanding of Jesus ? ....is it Jesus fault that they dont understand it ? NO ...and its not Pauls fault either .....it is the fault of the person not able to grasp it ..(maybe because they stopped seeking once they thought up their own way ) Scripture even says there is a way that seems right unto men but it is NOT THE WAY .....

The Church peoples ...we used to be them didnt we ?...shouldnt we be a little bit more understanding of where they are since we have pretty much been there and done that ? >>>>>And blaming Paul for their behaviour is just well ...NOT RIGHT ...
The Preachers teachers took those writings (ALL OF THEM NOT JUST PAUL) and they used it for their own evil intentions .. ...that was not Pauls doings that was theirs ...............

Dont you preach that everyone needs to be accountable for their own doings ? and no one should be the scapegoat > ?not even Jesus (thats what you agreed with with Justamomma ) ...well in a way it is true ..except that we cant blame satan or Jesus or Paul for our sins (we gave into them they did not make us do that ) ....that is OUR DOINGS ..we just cant pay for them (the wages of sin is death ) that was what Jesus did ..paid that price for us ...because we still suffer consequences for the things we do ...so he didnt take my blame ..I took that when I repented to him about my sins (that is what repenting is ,you admit your wickedness) ......I only allowed him to pay the price of death for me when I said I believed in him ...........I did not lay blame on him ....that I kept for myself and took full responsibility for it ......I did forgive myself ..(that is a must) ...I still had consequences that followed some things I had done before that ..(that is how we learn when we get consequences ) ...............

I still do not know what your fascination with Paul is ...and why on earth you blame him for all of the evil wicked things wolves in sheeps clothing do in the name of God ...it wasnt him ..it was their evil wickedness that took something HOLY and true and turned it into something wicked and vile (Which is what satan has done for centuries)using MEN Of the this world (especially rulers in high places who CONSPIRE against GOD daily ...and those who follow the Lord Jesus Christ . ...............what better way to lead people astray than to use the words of God ..only manipulate the understanding of it when they speak it to the congregation etc .......
Just like satan did in the garden when he used Gods exact words but actually turned it into a lie the way he manipulated the meaning of that message to them ..

It wasnt Paul it was those who serve satan ..and yes they have crept into the churchs and the peoples in it ...but only because those peoples are still stuck in their carnal state or else they would KNOW it was happening and get out ...or at least speak up ...
Too many want to just be told stuff and not want to look it up themselves or ask GOd themselves ...

I know people who do not believe in God at all ..but boy when something horrible happens they come straight to me and ask me to ask GOD to help them ...I tell them YOU BET I WILL >.but he would sure love for you to ask him too .....he wants to hear from you too .....I dont know if they do it or not ...but God knows at least they enquired of him by asking us to pray to God for them (so he does help them) ... ...and then when everything gets all great again ..they will not even admit that God helped them ..they go back to just saying he dont exist ..blah blah blah .

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Justamomma ..[But Isaiah clearly says that it will only take one person with an upright heart seeking the Truth and when they understood the Truth, the prophecies would be enacted.]

Yes and tell me who among this mere men population even has such a heart >? ONLY JESUS DID >.which was why he was the one yall were expecting ...but discarded him completely as the ONE with the UPRIGHT HEART the RIGHTOUS ONE ..the HOLY ONE OF ISRAEL ..just a mere man cannot fulfill that role because it isnot in men to do good ..it is in them to do evil CONTINOUSLY .According to your Tanakah even ...

The Holy Spirit which you recieve when you know the Lord Jesus Christ is the only way we can even stand before the spiritual throne of the HOLY GOD >>.because he is too pure and cannot even look upon our sinful selves .(the Tanakah says he has to turn his face from us even because of our wickedness) ...Look it up...it also says he cannot even hear our prayers because we are so far from him ...WE ARE SO FAR FROM HIM ..(he is right here with us but hey we are carnal and we just dont much care while in our carnal state of mind) ............
Even your Tanakah says they FORGOT ABOUT GOD IN THEIR HEART...(they just flat walked away and took the world over for themselves doing as they wanted to do .....etc ...Jesus came to FIX THAT and CHANGE everything ...he was alot like having a rope when we were all falling off a cliff .........
He is our way to hear the father and for him to hear us ..(Jesus speaks to the father on our behalf is what scripture says ) I am really thankful that I have Jesus on my side and rooting for me ...before the HOLY RIGHTOUS FATHER who cant even look my way because of my sinfulness ..(now he can through Jesus ..who is my mediator) ..like the OT priests used to do when they went into the Holy Of Holies to speak on the peoples behalf .... before they went all horribly carnal and fleshly too along with the whole world ....
Surely you can see why that just did not work out well ...with Jesus we know he has a connection with the father ...as those priests could not do as the commandments told them to but JESUS DID >>.he did not break any laws of GOD >.none ..................
he is worthy and is helping to make us all worthy too if you know him and accept him as Lord ...and saviour .................

You are not replacing God with him your accepting GOD and being accepted by God through HIM >....the door gets opened then for communication (like one on one ) ......like John explains ..Jesus is the door ..and there is no other door ....no other way no other path ....not even the path you think you are on if it does not include walking through that door to JESUS (The door to the THRONE OF GOD (Holy of Holies place) ..then it is not the DOOR you need to be going through ................

Jhn 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
Jhn 10:2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
Jhn 10:7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
Jhn 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Flaws are flaws no matter if someone points them out or not. If I point them out or not isn't going to change that.

I do not blame people in church or even think bad things are going to happen to them. I'm not one of those people who go around telling people they are going to hell. They are what I consider to be poor in spirit. Which means they do not know the truth. When the truth(Jesus) comes to them, they will embrace the truth.

Furthermore, what you consider to be flaws I do not. I do not think someone has to be completely perfect. However they do have to live by the 2 commandments. There is a difference between mans law and gods law. Gods law is simple and easy to follow should someone see the truth. Revelation is all about the unveiling of the truth do not forget.

The problem with those who are deceived is what happens in the world because of it. I don't know why you think I hate Christians, I keep saying there is a reason they have to be deceived.

Paul is an enabler. He praises the idol of Jesus, talks about how great Jesus is, says only by Jesus is he saved and so on. Sure, on the outside it SEEMS good. But all this is done to build up a false idol. It's all lip service.

The church then takes this idol and symbolism, hides the real message and gets people who don't understand to just follow Paul and stuff like "submit to authority". Which is a perversion of what Jesus did. Jesus did not submit to any authority outside the commandments of the father. He was defiant to the authority every step of the way, and the only reason he took his death was because if he was to fight back physically, he would break a commandment of though shall not kill. He showed the example to the end.

Jesus tells you to look at their fruits. Why do you argue with him about it? Why do you accuse those who follow his advice and do it?

I don't bring it up to blame them, I bring it up to learn and not make the same mistakes. I bring it up to see the difference between the right way and the wrong way. The difference between the narrow path and the broad path.

[edit on 5-2-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

You are not replacing God with him your accepting GOD and being accepted by God through HIM >....the door gets opened then for communication (like one on one ) ......like John explains ..Jesus is the door ..and there is no other door ....no other way no other path ....not even the path you think you are on if it does not include walking through that door to JESUS (The door to the THRONE OF GOD (Holy of Holies place) ..then it is not the DOOR you need to be going through ................

Jhn 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
Jhn 10:2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
Jhn 10:7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
Jhn 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

See, this is idol worship. What does Jesus say he is? He is the truth, the way and the light. He is symbolizing these things. This means that only by truth will you come by the father. The truth is the door, and this door is opened in the mind. He is the way, and so by his example do you find that door and so on. Where else does he talk about this door?

7Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

8For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

You have a literal meaning on this, you put importance on the idol.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by theflashor
Ok lets throw in some common sense to this discussion

here is some questions to test your believes,,..

If god and jesus exists (as the bible tells it) why is their many different religions and variations ok many religions do speak of the same sort of events and prophesies but some speak of many gods. And if this is the case that all religion is the same why is it the biggest cause of the biggest and most brutal wars!

If god and jesus exists (as the bible tells it) why don’t all animals go to heaven or hell,

Ants, Worms, Wales, Bugs, Rats, BACTERIA – All living things what makes us any better or superior to other animals (self believe that’s what).

If god and jesus exists (as the bible tells it) why doesn’t it go into detail about the other planets. After all we are a spec of dust in his big creation of the universe. Why did he not teach us more about what’s really above us.

=========== My thoughts

(GOD MADE THE BIG BANG OR SOMETHING SIMILAR GOD IS A FORCE)

-----------

And it is stupid (I think) to think that god made us In the image of himself and made the world in 7 days bla bla..

It just doesn’t make sense, at all in the slightest.

From a scientific point of view we are a evolved species that has been lucky to have many different variables from space that allows life on this planet to thrive.

I also think the alien theory that aliens come down and changed our DNA would answer a lot of my questions to why the bible doesn’t add up and why other scientific things don’t add up (where is the in-between of apes and man?….

Only my thoughts

PEACE!

1 more question that is prob best not to think about, this is the ultimate brain sizzler,.

WHO MADE GOD??? (i give up allready)

any responders?

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti - Government

That's the problem. People get to know "religion". religion is a tool of the Lucifer to blind people of the love and power from God that exists within us through the Holy Spirit. God does not have a religion. If people would stop limiting God with a whole bunch of rules, then God's power and love would flow freely.

That time is soon to come by the way. There is going to be a revival and Lucifer will claim these miracles as his works, as well has doing some miracles himself, and deceive the world into following him by giving them something "tangible".

Pragmatism sucks.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Well sheesh simplysomeone! Are you that blind or are you just speaking what *man* has taught you? Which is it, because it is one of the two.

What I spoke of requires more than ONE... as I will prove right now to you!

This is right after it says who will hear so the things will come to pass (paraphrasing.. you can look it up and see I am right)..

Isaiah 43:
2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
3mFor I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee.
4 Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honourable, and I have loved thee: therefore will I give men for thee, and people for thy life.
5 Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west;
6 I will say to the north, Give up; and to the south, Keep not back: bring my sons from far, and my daughters from the ends of the earth;
7 Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him.
8 Bring forth the blind people that have eyes, and the deaf that have ears.
9 Let all the nations be gathered together, and let the people be assembled: who among them can declare this, and shew us former things? let them bring forth their witnesses, that they may be justified: or let them hear, and say, It is truth.
10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
11 I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.

See... Jesus did not do this! The ones who are starting to understand first shed the idol and THEN they saw and NOW this prophecy is coming to pass and we are the witnesses and the servant of whom it is speaking of.

You say it is Jesus, well, why did this not happen BEFORE now if you all are right? Why is it that it says witnesses (emphasis on the plural)? Jesus was one! And it can't be because of Jesus since NONE of us who are witnesses to what is happening now believe in Jesus as a god.. or any of that nonsense!

It is because it is G.d and I am a witness to this... if you are not, that is fine if you do not want to believe me simplynoone.. it will only be a matter of time and you will... it says the time will be hastened and across the board (including this one) many are speaking of the time being quickened and it is written.. everything that He declared is happening AS IT IS WRITTEN AND DECLARED BY HIM and ya know what??? I don't see Jesus around anywhere!!!

It matters little if you believe me or not...to me anyway.. He is the one who wants you.. I just want Him to be declared and known as the one true and GOOD G.d that He is ...you matter little to me honestly other than what it is that you mean to Him.. I want you to quit submitting to that which oppresses you and just understand how easy and lovely LIFE is in Him and who you are; and quit dwelling on your abuses!!

You are His child and you give the credit of what HE has done for you to a man! It is blatant disrespect. I am declaring now that these things are and will come to pass. I am witnessing it before my eyes and I know that everything He promised in Isaiah will come to pass... Mark it down, take notes... if we are still all waiting around in 10 years time, then CALL ME OUT! I know Him and I know what He shows me is fact. We are in the workings of Him and yet.... oh my!!! where is your god? not here... that is for damn sure... know why that is? Because a man is not G.d and only G.d is our Saviour. You deny your Father simplysomeone!

I have been abused and it matters little to me.. it is in the past.. I learned and I grew from it.. time to let go of your past, and really the past period
Sorry to say it, but BOO HOO! I have gone through it and instead of holding onto it and feeling sorry for myself, I chose to go through it in silence and learn from it... and in there I found my Father! I don't dwell on it anymore because ya know what? It ended up being a strength to me. I will never fall for the flattering and lying tongues again.... But I don't continue to feel sorry for myself since ultimately, there is nothing I can do to change the past. I don't blame G.d; I don't blame my abuser; and I CERTAINLY don't blame or feel sorry for myself. Get over it already and let it go!

Simplysomeone... if not.. if you choose to feel that you deserved it and "whoa is you", then you are choosing to hold onto the idol and there is nothing I can do for you! I am telling you and declaring it before it happens.. He will make Himself known to the world as the one and only true G.d and He will do it because He loves us..

but, you, being one of His chosen children already and spoken to BY HIM as you have yourself declared, yet stood obstinate to His call... then you are not like the ones who are not His chosen children. Your disobedience to His personal workings in your life will be to your own falling. *They*.. the ones of whom He has not personally put His hand on in their lives (it is easy to spot who is who) are NOT in danger of His chastisements...

That is our job... to take the brunt of punishments for mankind. We are held to a higher standard, being His children. And the more you lead away from Him to your god/man, the more chastisesment you are bringing upon yourself. They are in danger of nothing.. you however, are in danger of His wrath (in the form of chastisements) having been declared as part of the covenant (and again, confirmed by your words all over this board).

I do not see this as condemnation for you however... you will just be made to go though more of the ""fire" that you dwell on negatively even now until you acknowledge Him.

He DOES love you and always will and He promises to His children that He has personally put His hand on, to NEVER forsake them eternally... but how long you are forsaken is in your own hands. It is what it is.. and it is written out clearly Simplysomeone... you are SOMEONE.. but time to be an example and turn others to your Father rather than feeling sorry for youself and dwelling on a man who will NOT come and rescue you!

[edit on 5-2-2009 by justamomma]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Justamomma*[time to let go of your past, and really the past period
Sorry to say it, but BOO HOO!]

Oh sheesh ...now isnt that just like satan to do ..very loving of you ..(your claws are showing again ) .....look I tell what happened to me because there are others that it happens to and because we did rise above it I just want others to know that they can rise above it too .....it is called MY TESTIMONY ........if you dont like it then please dont read it ......

My past is the past but there are people who need to know that they are not alone and that we all have a past that is pretty ugly ......yet the Lord still loves us and does forgive and will also turn that past into a TESTIMONY that will help others .....

rather than feeling sorry for youself and dwelling on a man who will NOT come and rescue you!

He (JESUS)already did rescue me ....years ago ....

Oh and the two witnesses have not come yet that is not until after the antichrist comes ...so it cant be you because we are not yet in that time period ....sorry ....

[edit on 5-2-2009 by Simplynoone]

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by theflashor
If god and jesus exists (as the bible tells it) why is their many different religions and variations ok many religions do speak of the same sort of events and prophesies but some speak of many gods. And if this is the case that all religion is the same why is it the biggest cause of the biggest and most brutal wars!]

There is a god of this world called satan or the devil and there are also evil angels among us .and then there are mere men who serve those gods of this world .....they desire to be worshipped (men and the evil angels and satan all want their own glory) ...it was them who created all other beliefs (Taking the truth and twisting it into a lie to suit them) ..

[If god and jesus exists (as the bible tells it) why don’t all animals go to heaven or hell,
Ants, Worms, Wales, Bugs, Rats, BACTERIA – All living things what makes us any better or superior to other animals (self believe that’s what).]

Who says they go to hell ? Who says heaven isnt complete with bugs and animals etc ? .....First of all this earth will be RENEWED >...a new heaven and new earth ...I am certain there will be animals and bugs (maybe not cockroaches and spiders LOL (I hate them) >...

Maybe we have enough to think about down here and he just did not think we needed to know all of that yet ...I really dont know .....
And scripture says God has always been (he has no beginning and no end)

Of course this is all just my opinion ...

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thistled
When your read some of the passages in Leviticus, it makes you wonder and indeed question 'the word of God'.

First of, as far as I know GOD never wrote anything or used words in any way. Those are the words of "church" and institution that needs control over things (sheep's), and nothing better than use the name of GOD to do that trough fear.

No one needs a book of instructions to be accepted by GOD, nor to understand him. In my opinion he is way, way above any of those silly concepts created by ignorant humans. If he is the creator (which I firmly believe he is) he knows more than well what exactly his creations consist of.

Faith is good Religion is more evil than good.

Just look at history and you can get an overall idea of the things done by humans in the name of a religion's GOD.

The Bible could be a really good book if it hadn't been wrongly translated, adapted, edited, assembled from bits and pieces here and there throughout the years to serve the proposes of institutions and people that desired control.

There is so many things missing and changed in it to fit the agendas of institutions, that it falls in contradiction more than often.

Still is a valid book and maybe a interesting read, but it's not something that you should read or follow by the letter by any mean whatsoever.

But if GOD really is that vengeful murderer with a complete contempt for it's own creations that parts of the Bible preaches him to be I rather follow my own road and forget all about heaven and hell since they both suck.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join