It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your life Art

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Harman

Very interesting, perhaps you feel connected to this photo, or perhaps you feel we are all connected,

Or of course, that just might be my interpretation

Your second link did not work though?

Thanks for posting.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

ha,ha i like salvador dali too. My parents had this in our front room throughout the 80's kind of grew up with it so its got meaning for me:

though i have always like melting clocks, to me it it like time slipping away:

When i was 13 we had a fieldtrip in artclass and went to Ferens art gallery. We had to choose one picture from the entire gallery to sketch whilst we were there. Probably still got it somewhere in an old school book. Anyway this was the picture i chose to draw - no idea why, i just liked it i guess. I'm quite impressed with myself for remembering the title, i didn't remember the artist however
, weird, it is exactly how i remember it. Must be something in that theory wthat if you write something down or draw something your more likely to remember it :

Octavia by Roland Penrose

[edit on 31-1-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Ascension - Salavador Dali
Whoah, that makes me comfortable and uncomfortable all at the same time, I can see has thrown the golden ratio in there too
... very cool image, thanks for sharing, not seen this one before

[imwww.gnostic.org...[/im]

I also like this one, it genius, i personally feel a sense of duality from this one, Notice the same poses/form yet one is a human body and the other a hand holding an egg - brilliant:

This is an image taken from the original ladybird book of The Three billy goats gruff, tell you, i was scared of crossing footbridges for years

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

Count me in with the Dali fans!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Hey, thanks for all the wonderful pictures. Out of all of the ones you posted, which one relates to you the most?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by darcon

Thanks, i guess the first one since have known it throught my whole life - i used to more and more things that i hadn't noticed previously - brilliant though isn't it Swans and elephants.

The one that would relate to me most is the on called Ascension, courtesy of Stomrmdancer777. Funny that i relate to that most yet only discovered it through your thread

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Yea, the first one is one of the most bizarre paintings by Dali, intriguing nonetheless.

Ascension is another good one.

My favourite, like i said before is the Ship by Dali.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Hi to you all . I lurk in this site and its great to see a positive post...a very nice change =) MC great post with the Dali ..amazing artist. I Love the pic you posted 'Metamorphosis of Narcisuss' Read some bits on it about meaning etc, it is about a guy who looked at himself for too long and became obsessed - from what I remember. . most likely some of you can put me right tho?? I own a big print of it . . It reminds me personally to not worry and just get on with things. . .sometimes the more you think the worse things are . . A remind to the dark side of all of us maybe?

Be happy say in the light =)

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by darcon

Maybe this one will work
. And yes, everyone is connected at one level or another but not at the level thgat we should be borgish

www.dailymotion.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

thanks, I'll look it up. I always like to see what my take on a picture is though first, so that my mind is not influenced at all - Interesting to see the difference. The same picture can mean alot of different things to to different people, despite what the artists original meaning, Art, great Isn't it ;o)

edit:

Just looked it up, and you are indeed correct, thankyou for the prompt ;o)

.This painting is Dalí's interpretation of the Greek myth of Narcissus. Narcissus was a youth of great beauty who loved only himself and broke the hearts of many lovers. The gods punished him by letting him see his own reflection in a pool. He fell in love with it, but discovered he could not embrace it and died of frustration. Relenting, the gods immortalised him as the narcissus (daffodil) flower. For this picture Dalí used a meticulous technique which he described as 'hand-painted colour photography' to depict with hallucinatory effect the transformation of Narcissus, kneeling in the pool, into the hand holding the egg and flower. Narcissus as he was before his transformation is seen posing in the background. The play with 'double images' sprang from Dalí's fascination with hallucination and delusion.

This was Dalí's first painting to be made entirely in accordance with the paranoiac critical method, which the artist described as a 'Spontaneous method of irrational knowledge, based on the critical-interpretative association of the phenomena of delirium' (The Conquest of the Irrational, published in The Secret Life of Salvador Dalí, New York 1942). Robert Descharnes noted that this painting meant a great deal to Dalí, as it was the first Surrealist work to offer a consistent interpretation of an irrational subject.

source: www.tate.org.uk...

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I am not going to put up a link, I can only tell you what moves me.

And that is "Air on G String"

It brings me to to tears. It moves me.

I also love the "Blues", and Freddie King, "Texas Cannonball, is awesome.

As for art, been there done that, in artistic venue. I had a wood print cut hanging on the walls of the Art Institite of Chcago fcr a while.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Harman

hahahah ROFL, i nearly feel of my chair when i watched this video.

Thanks for the post

What a crazy post

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

Ahhh yes, very moving indeed.

Thanks for the post

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Thanks for the post, and info

Dali is indeed one of my favourite artists.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
One of my favourite songs is Andrea Bocelli's Time to say goodbye.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reticledc.deviantart.com...

reticledc.deviantart.com...

My attempt at capturing a bit of complexity.
A language all my own.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I love Vladimir Kush's art! This one is called: Ocean Sprouts. It is a country within a leaf:

"It seems like that thousand-year old Leaf has flown down from the branches of the Great World Tree, the symbol of the Universe. It exists in all world mythologies. No wonder that the picture is painted in greenish-earthy wooden tones. The life juices of the leaf on the tree are mixed with the juices streaming down its trunk, and when reaching the Ocean, earths powerful River of Life."

Vladimir Kush

[edit on 1-2-2009 by MatrixProphet]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by reticledc

Hey there, I love Deviant Art, one of the best places to find unknown artists ans art, so much talent there.

Love the pics by the way!

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MatrixProphet

Wow, that is amazing. Quote fits perfectly!

I am going to post it,

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by darcon

Wow, I tried and tried to get it to post and it wouldn't! Care to tell me how?

I put the url in the colored palate but it wouldn't transfer.
You can do it here or U2 me?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join